PDA

View Full Version : Killer schedule doesn't bode well for Steelers !!

UK CANDY BEE
05-16-2008, 11:31 PM
Statistically, the Whiz & Black has the toughest lineup of opponents in the NFL coming at them.

Funny thing is, when you look a little closer, there are actually only TWO opponents different from the Browns schedule.

But what a difference......

Pittsburgh faces New England (#1 in the East) and San Diego (#1 in the West), while Cleveland has Buffalo (#2 East) and Denver (#2 West).

Also, someone in the league scheduling office must be a closet Browns fan, because Cleveland never crosses the Mississippi River all season !!

Last season, the Steelers could manage no better than equalling the Browns ten wins.

This season, with that gauntlet to run, along with two beatdowns from the Browns, the Piss & Black will end up below Cleveland in the North.

If the Steelers win the North again, I'll put something complimentary to them in my signature for an ENTIRE year !!

The Duke
05-16-2008, 11:41 PM
I missed this guy so much!

:coffee:

If the Steelers win the North again, I'll put something complimentary to them in my signature for an ENTIRE year !!

well, at least you can back up your talk :thumbsup:

fansince'76
05-16-2008, 11:41 PM
VSfgWtcL3r0

Phil Simms: "The Steelers....they have a lot of ways to beat you."

And with Mendenhall and Sweed, our offense will only be better.

UK CANDY BEE
05-16-2008, 11:46 PM
Mendenhall and Sweed should be pretty good, no doubt.

But the Browns opted for PROVEN players instead of draftees with potential.

It's hard to deny Shaun Rogers and Corey Williams add far more to our defense than ANY pair of rookie draft picks ever could !!

fansince'76
05-16-2008, 11:54 PM

It's hard to deny Shaun Rogers and Corey Williams add far more to our defense than ANY pair of rookie draft picks ever could !!

Rogers? About the only thing he's proven is that he never saw a buffet he didn't like and he tends to dog it, and you gave up a starter from an already pretty thin secondary to get him. You'd better hope that your DL generates a lot more pressure this year, or your secondary will get torched again. I still think OL is our Achilles' heel, however, so it should be interesting.

FordsnSteelers
05-17-2008, 12:26 AM

What are you saying? yall didnt even have a draft. Would you rather buy a championship (like the pats* tried to) or develop your own players into stars and keep the franchise running smooth for years? At least the brownies arent as bad as oakland. Yet. :chuckle:

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
05-17-2008, 12:29 AM
Rogers is defintly an upgrade from what we had last year. In williams give us a little more pressure on you guys, and the fact that you guys didn't really upgrade your o-line is making me salivate for September 14th. :)

The Rivalry is back folks, and you're going to have deal with us for a while, just like old times, no? :D

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
05-17-2008, 12:33 AM
Honestly,

Who would you rather have duking it out for the AFC North Title?

Us, your historic rivals or the Ratbirds and Bungals? :)

Admit it, If you had to choose one it'd be us, and I'd say the same back.

Galax Steeler
05-17-2008, 05:47 AM
Rogers is defintly an upgrade from what we had last year. In williams give us a little more pressure on you guys, and the fact that you guys didn't really upgrade your o-line is making me salivate for September 14th. :)

The Rivalry is back folks, and you're going to have deal with us for a while, just like old times, no? :D

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

FordsnSteelers
05-17-2008, 08:22 AM
Honestly,

i gotta agree with that. Better Cleveland than crow or a house cat.

Elvis
05-17-2008, 08:42 AM
How can it be a rivalry when the Browns havent won a game vs us in how long? like 3 years?.. come on brownie fans, when you win a game vs the steelers then we will chat again. I look forward giving the browns another nice A$$ Kicking this '08 season
:tt02:

Elvis
05-17-2008, 08:46 AM
Oh... How much I look forward to kicking some BrownieA$$ this upcoming season. Browns fans, it is sad to say that there is no rivalry in the AFC North right now that reigns more over the Steelers-Ravens in my opinion. Atleast they can beat us once every other year, how long has it been since the Brownies have actually beat the Steelers? How can you call that a rivalry? I cant stand the Browns but I hate the Ravens and Bengals...
:doh:

RoethlisBURGHer
05-17-2008, 09:40 AM
Honestly,

I'd rather it be the Browns for sure. Traditional rival, most hated (only one team ever had a player piledrive Bradshaw's head into the turf).

However, the Browns dont scare me at all.

I don't think Anderson is going to be nearly as good as he was last season. Hell, even the pathetic Bengals defense picked him four times. He wasn't the reason you almost won in Pittsburgh last year, Joshua Cribbs was. When Anderson wasn't inside the 20 because of Cribbs, he couldn't do anything. He's been figured out, and I don't think he's good enough to overcome that. He can't catch anyone by surprise this year, everyone's got tape on him now.

I think Williams is an upgrade, but I wouldn't be so sure about Rogers yet. Rogers has proved that he can't keep a steady playing weight and that he takes plays off on the field. If you guys get into a rut next year, don't expect Rogers to help pull you out of it.

I'll fear the Browns when they beat us, and when was the last time they did that? Five or six YEARS ago?

UK CANDY BEE
05-17-2008, 09:55 AM
However, the Browns dont scare me at all.

With so many other quality teams on the schedule, I can see where your concern might reside elsewhere.....for now.

That will change, however.......

I'll fear the Browns when they beat us,

Don't you kinda think that it will be a bit too late at that point ??

That's like saying you'll think about putting up a fence to keep your dog in AFTER he's been run over by a truck !!

I'd be willing to bet you my Middle Tennessee Browns Backers membership card that Mike Tomlin would rather not have to face Cleveland twice this year !!

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
05-17-2008, 10:20 AM

The only thing you got in the free agency are players that other teams gave up on!
Thats why the steelers rely on the draft

UK CANDY BEE
05-17-2008, 10:37 AM
The only thing you got in the free agency are players that other teams gave up on!
Thats why the steelers rely on the draft

You're kidding, right ??

The Steelers manage free agency SOOO WELL !!

With the exception of Hines Ward, they just let guys who play their guts out for them and legitimately deserve better contracts go elsewhere in order to get paid fair market value.

Let me put it another way that the Wild Yinzers will understand........The Rooneys have always been cheap !!!

Pissburgh relies on the draft because rookies are relatively cheap compared to veterans..........except for first rounders, of course !!

Heck, when it came time for the team to replace The Chin, EVEN THEN they went bargain basement !!

Not a bad bargain for them, because I think Tomlin is a decent coach, but STILL bargain basement !!!

MACH1
05-17-2008, 11:26 AM
Between the clowns and bungals thats 4 wins for us. :flap:

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
05-17-2008, 11:53 AM
A win against you guys would make my season. It's inevitable IMHO. Streaks are meant to be broken.

stillers4me
05-17-2008, 12:07 PM
You're kidding, right ??

The Steelers manage free agency SOOO WELL !!

With the exception of Hines Ward, they just let guys who play their guts out for them and legitimately deserve better contracts go elsewhere in order to get paid fair market value.

Let me put it another way that the Wild Yinzers will understand........The Rooneys have always been cheap !!!

Pissburgh relies on the draft because rookies are relatively cheap compared to veterans..........except for first rounders, of course !!

Heck, when it came time for the team to replace The Chin, EVEN THEN they went bargain basement !!

Not a bad bargain for them, because I think Tomlin is a decent coach, but STILL bargain basement !!!

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

OMfreakinG............................I don't even know where to start...........I'm laughing so hard I may pissburgh my pants.

stillers4me
05-17-2008, 12:10 PM
A win against you guys would make my season. It's inevitable IMHO. Streaks are meant to be broken.

Beating the Steelers in a regular season game is like winning the SuperBowl and the World series all rolled into one for the Brownies. Cars fires, riots in the streets, mass pandemonium will break out................yep. Beating the Steelers is Romeos sole reason for existance at this point in his career.

While I agree the the odds will catch up one of these days............don't count on getting the riot gear out anytime soon! :coffee:

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
05-17-2008, 12:47 PM
Beating the Steelers in a regular season game is like winning the SuperBowl and the World series all rolled into one for the Brownies. Cars fires, riots in the streets, mass pandemonium will break out................yep. Beating the Steelers is Romeos sole reason for existance at this point in his career.

While I agree the the odds will catch up one of these days............don't count on getting the riot gear out anytime soon! :coffee:

What is this Super Bowl and World Series you speak of? :wink02:

Patience is most def. a virtue.

UK CANDY BEE
05-17-2008, 02:59 PM
You know...... I find it rather funny that not ONE of you Stooler faithful has addressed the thread topic and offered any of your views as to how the Whizz & Black are going to survive their murderous schedule !!

..........and something a bit more intelligent and insightful than "Stillers Rule" or "Stains Suck" would seem to be in order here .......

.......which is quite likely more than any of the Wild Yinzers around here can manage !!

tony hipchest
05-17-2008, 03:31 PM
bills and denver will slaughter the browns. good luck with that schedule.

steelers have no reason to fear teams like the clots, pats, or chargers (or especially the browns).

just remember, out qb Ben Brownslayer actually owns the state of ohio. hell, he's already been offered the buckeyes head coaching gig upon retirement!

UK CANDY BEE
05-17-2008, 03:58 PM
Wwould someone PLEASE wake Tony up ??

He is apparently asleep and having a wet dream again.......

tony hipchest
05-17-2008, 04:04 PM
Wwould someone PLEASE wake Tony up ??

He is apparently asleep and having a wet dream again.......

I find it rather funny that not ONE of you Stooler faithful has addressed the thread topic and offered any of your views as to how the Whizz & Black are going to survive their murderous schedule !!

..........and something a bit more intelligent and insightful than "Stillers Rule" or "Stains Suck" would seem to be in order here .......

.......which is quite likely more than any of the Wild Yinzers around here can manage !!:busted:

irony at its finest :thumbsup:

UK CANDY BEE
05-17-2008, 04:10 PM
just remember, out qb Ben Brownslayer actually owns the state of ohio. hell, he's already been offered the buckeyes head coaching gig upon retirement!

..........oh yes, that was a such witty banter, wasn't it !!

Pig Pen owns little more than the record for worst QB rating in a SB, and to even THINK of him as connected to OSU is LAUGHABLE !!

fansince'76
05-17-2008, 04:17 PM
Pig Pen owns little more than the record for worst QB rating in a SB....

And a 7-0 career record against the Browns. :yawn:

tony hipchest
05-17-2008, 04:27 PM
Pig Pen owns little more than the record for worst QB rating in a SB,

yes, he owns the ring that comes with that.

actually thats 2nd worst rating of a WINNING superbowl quarterback. it took a cheating tom brady to break his record of 13 consecutive wins in the same season.

is that how you "talk football"? by just making stuff up? talk about witty banter...

anyways, i know brownsfans are supposed to wish, hope, and believe their team will make it to a superbowl, but its just not happening. not even if they had an easy schedule.

they remind me too much of a repeat of the 05 bungles.

UK CANDY BEE
05-17-2008, 04:28 PM
And a 7-0 career record against the Browns. :yawn:

....all good things......and even not so good things.........come to an end !!

Here's to making that 7 - 2 for 'ol Ben !!
:cheers:

UK CANDY BEE
05-17-2008, 04:35 PM
they remind me too much of a repeat of the 05 bungles.

Let's see what they remind you of come Sunday evening September 14th !!

MACH1
05-17-2008, 04:55 PM
Let's see what they remind you of come Sunday evening September 14th !!

The crashing of the Browns party back into the NFL in 1999 with a 43-0 massacre on opening day. Then there was the 41-0 Christmas Eve beat down in 2005, which included Steelers linebacker James Harrison body slamming a wandering Browns fan to the turf.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
05-17-2008, 06:26 PM
The crashing of the Browns party back into the NFL in 1999 with a 43-0 massacre on opening day. Then there was the 41-0 Christmas Eve beat down in 2005, which included Steelers linebacker James Harrison body slamming a wandering Browns fan to the turf.

some perspective on the '99 one.

It was an EXPANSION team. Not a complete built team like the thrashing we gave you guys opening day in 1989. :flap:

revefsreleets
05-17-2008, 06:45 PM
The Browns are improved, but so are the Steelers. Toss in the fact that the Browns are thin in the secondary and we added weapons to exploit that, plus the fact that the Browns are literally the Steelers little bitches, and it will be just more of the same next year.

But they are getting closer...Hell, the Browns might even beat the Steelers once one of these years!

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
05-17-2008, 07:30 PM
The Browns are improved, but so are the Steelers. Toss in the fact that the Browns are thin in the secondary and we added weapons to exploit that, plus the fact that the Browns are literally the Steelers little bitches, and it will be just more of the same next year.

But they are getting closer...Hell, the Browns might even beat the Steelers once one of these years!

If we're able to get to big ben with our improved d-line. We'll be able to win. Again, we had four sacks on him with one of the worst defenses in the league, you add the fact that , the o-line didn't improve, and that we upgraded the trenches, it could get very ugly.

stillers4me
05-17-2008, 08:17 PM
If we're able to get to big ben with our improved d-line. We'll be able to win. Again, we had four sacks on him with one of the worst defenses in the league, you add the fact that , the o-line didn't improve, and that we upgraded the trenches, it could get very ugly.

Yep.....Big Ben sacked 4 times by one of the worst defenses in the league.......and we still beat you!

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
05-17-2008, 08:22 PM
Yep.....Big Ben sacked 4 times by one of the worst defenses in the league.......and we still beat you!

'cuz of good ol' Derek Anderson :doh:

That'll be different once we finally play the hometown kid. Rumor has it, he's looking a lot better than DA, but knowing romeo he won't play him.

fansince'76
05-17-2008, 08:33 PM

That'll be different once we finally play the hometown kid. Rumor has it, he's looking a lot better than DA, but knowing romeo he won't play him.

I wouldn't count on almost 200 KR yards by Cribbs again either. He wound up with more KR yards than your offense had in total yards (163) in that game.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
05-17-2008, 09:16 PM
I wouldn't count on almost 200 KR yards by Cribbs again either. He wound up with more KR yards than your offense had in total yards (163) in that game.

Having him is a great help.

Chances are we get the ball at usually around the 35-40 yard line if he doesn't break it for a TD. You know how much that helps our O?

I'm just praying the Cleveland Jinx never lies upon him. :doh:

jjpro11
05-18-2008, 01:28 AM

more cuz of our #1 defense.

The Duke
05-18-2008, 06:29 AM
Having him is a great help.

Chances are we get the ball at usually around the 35-40 yard line if he doesn't break it for a TD. You know how much that helps our O?

I'm just praying the Cleveland Jinx never lies upon him. :doh:

he's in cleveland, he's already cursed :sofunny:

if the stelers find a way to not let cribbs get to the 30-35 yard line in each return then the browns offense can be stopped. if cribbs runs wild again it's gonna be a long game :helmet:

I respect cribbs, he's probably my favorite brown right now, despite all the returns he's had against us. he's a really good football player, and I hate to admit I fear everytime he's on a return against the steelers

Galax Steeler
05-18-2008, 07:08 AM
he's in cleveland, he's already cursed :sofunny:

if the stelers find a way to not let cribbs get to the 30-35 yard line in each return then the browns offense can be stopped. if cribbs runs wild again it's gonna be a long game :helmet:

I respect cribbs, he's probably my favorite brown right now, despite all the returns he's had against us. he's a really good football player, and I hate to admit I fear everytime he's on a return against the steelers

I have to agree with you about cribbs he is an awesome player and probably the best player the brownies have but it will take more then him to beat us.

UK CANDY BEE
05-18-2008, 10:01 AM
I have to agree with you about cribbs he is an awesome player and probably the best player the brownies have but it will take more then him to beat us.

That is most likely true, but I recall a game back in the early 90s when all it took to beat the Steelers was 2 punt returns by Eric Metcalf !!

Steelman16
05-18-2008, 02:42 PM
Yeah, well, we have Mewelde Moore, so HA! :coffee:

How can you say we did not improve our O-line? I think simple continuity minus Mahan will do wonders for our line. Not to mention emerging players that could be an x-factor. Plus, we signed Hartwig who is maybe not a great player, but he's averagely consistent. (which is more than Mahan could say last year...)

I think Williams is a good player, but Rogers...the jury is out on that one. I don't see how an obese glutton with no desire is any good for your line. But, then again, I'm not Phil Savage. :wink02:

TackleMeBen
05-18-2008, 04:06 PM
I think Williams is a good player, but Rogers...the jury is out on that one. I don't see how an obese glutton with no desire is any good for your line. But, then again, I'm not Phil Savage. :wink02:
living in detroit, i got to see rogers play alot.. he takes plays off and has weight issues that i think makes it hard for him to play every down. but if cleveland wanted him... they got him... just remember, he did come from the lions..:chuckle:

and i think the schedule is tough, but it will prepare us for the playoffs.

UK CANDY BEE
05-18-2008, 04:19 PM
What I have heard about Rogers from some of the so called "experts" is that he wasn't a happy camper in Detroit for a variety of reasons. Chief among them could well have been Matt Millen's ODD team building approach.

fansince'76
05-18-2008, 04:51 PM
What I have heard about Rogers from some of the so called "experts" is that he wasn't a happy camper in Detroit for a variety of reasons. Chief among them could well have been Matt Millen's ODD team building approach.

So being a malcontent is OK? What guarantee is there that he is going to be any happier in Cleveland? Seems to me a NFL player who is unhappy with his surroundings would play harder to attract more teams as potential suitors, not the opposite.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
05-18-2008, 06:56 PM
The Thing is..You guys act like Shaun Rogers isn't going to do better than Ted Washington or whomever fell into that position. Truth is..even if he plays hard half the time he'll be a serious upgrade in that position, versus what we had.

Is the Secondary Weak?

Defensive Backs

* 20 Mike Adams FS
* 23 Gary Baxter SS/CB
* 38 Steve Cargile S
* 37 A. J. Davis CB
* 41 Mil'von James CB
* 16 Damon Jenkins CB
* 26 Sean Jones SS
* 5 Gerald Lawson CB
* 22 Brandon McDonald CB
* 25 Jereme Perry S/CB
* 21 Brodney Pool FS
* 28 Justin Sandy FS
* 27 Nick Sorensen SS
* 38 Darnell Terrell CB
* 24 Eric Wright CB

A lot of these guys aren't first round picks, and played quite well. Phil is awesome at spotting late round/undrafted talent Heck, McDonald was a 6th round pick and came out of nowhere. We could easily get an upgrade next year, along with a second running back.

X-Terminator
05-18-2008, 07:16 PM
That is most likely true, but I recall a game back in the early 90s when all it took to beat the Steelers was 2 punt returns by Eric Metcalf !!

Too bad for you that this ain't the early 90s.

UK CANDY BEE
05-18-2008, 08:24 PM
Nice avatar pic you got over there X !!

But you had to go and ruin it with that hideous Piss & Black.

The Mountaineers rate high among the other NCAA teams I pull for......after the Buckeyes, of course !!

Both my mother and father were born and raised in West BY GOD Virginia !!

I'll be going up there in about four weeks to a family reunion in Masontown.....just south of Morgantown.

I also plan to make a side trip up to Pittsburgh on Friday the 13th to visit a fellow Browns fan who lives there amongst the Wild Yinzers !!

I'd get a kick out of meeting any of you folks who might be in the vicinity....... PM me and I'll ask Jimmie what part of your city he lives in.

.........just leave the tar and feathers at home, savvy ??

Tankus_Maximus
05-18-2008, 11:07 PM

the only thing Rogers is going to add to your defense, is another bust of a #1 draft pick...

UK CANDY BEE
05-18-2008, 11:22 PM
the only thing Rogers is going to add to your defense, is another bust of a #1 draft pick...

Where on earth did you get the idea that Rogers was a #1 draft pick ??

The Browns didn't give up a number one for him, and the Lions didn't take him in the first round back in 2001 either, he was selected near the end of the second round !!

The last 1st round pick the Browns used to take a defensive player was Kamerion Wimbley, who could HARDLY be considered a "bust" !!!

But since he doesn't play for the Steelers, you may not agree.........

Galax Steeler
05-19-2008, 05:11 AM
I guess we will just have to pick the brownies apart again this year fast willie ownes the deffense and throw some mendenhall runs in there as well we will kick some brownie ass this year like we always do.:sign03::moon:

TackleMeBen
05-19-2008, 06:44 AM
I guess we will just have to pick the brownies apart again this year fast willie ownes the deffense and throw some mendenhall runs in there as well we will kick some brownie ass this year like we always do.:sign03::moon:
:iagree: and we all know how well ben does when he plays in that crappy state of ohio..lol:chuckle:

UK CANDY BEE
05-19-2008, 08:34 AM
Fast Willie Parker won't find the same running room he has before, and Worthlessberger will have a tough time getting the job done from his back !!!

But you folks just keep on living in the past, no problem !! You won't even believe Cleveland could possibly beat the Stoolers until it happens, and at that point, it's too late and you've underestimated another opponent !!

That happened to you a few times last season down the stretch, remember ??

Learn to live with it, because on Sept 14th, it is going to happen AGAIN !!

Dino 6 Rings
05-19-2008, 10:47 AM
Fast Willie Parker won't find the same running room he has before, and Worthlessberger will have a tough time getting the job done from his back !!!

Time out Fool.

Lets look at facts. To address the point of the thread. The schedule is very tough on paper.

But we open with the Texans at our house. That bodes well for the start of our season. The Texans are improved, and will come to play hard, but player for player, the Steelers are better and should start the season 1-0. Then we have the Browns (pat on the head for your cute little team). Its a Sunday night game, a place the Steelers are very familiar with, the spot light. The Browns will also be coming off a very tough game against the Cowboys week 1. Or are you already writing that off as a loss and looking ahead?

After that, we go to Philly, a team that is in transition and never starts out the season fast, and you go play Baltimore. Boy, maybe you'll win that one, if you aren't already 0-2 on the season and calling for a QB Change by week 3.

Next we get Baltimore at home on a Monday night. We all know how we do on Monday night at home, so lets look at you. Oh right, in state rival Cincy. Good luck.

Then we head to Jacksonville, for another Night game, very tough game for us, while you are experiencing your very early bi-week. You may need it by that time.

Then we get our bi-week, and you get a Monday night home game, against the World Champion NY Giants. Once again, good luck.

We then get Cincy, yawn, and you travel to Washington. That could be a win for you, if you can stop the run.

We then get the Giants at home, while you travel to Jacksonville. Really, I hope you know how to stop the run.

You then get Baltimore, at your house, that could be a win for you, and we travel to Washington for another Monday night game. Which, we do pretty darn well at.

You then get a Thursday night game, against the Broncos in your house, and we get the opportunity to destroy Payton Manning. Which by the way, Steelers 5-0 all time against the colts in Playoff Games and we tend to shut them down.

we then get the Norv Turner led Chargers, while you travel up to Buffalo for a Monday night game. Who do you suppose will be your QB for this game anyway?

We then get another Home night game and its against the Bengals, yeah for us, and you get to play the Texans, another possible win for you.

We then travel to our hated nemisis New England, while you host the Colts. How's that secondary anyway?

We then get the hated Cowboys at our house in a Nationaly Televised game. You get to travel south, and play the run based Titans. Good luck there champ.

We then get the Ravens, who may or may not have fallen off the map by this time, and you get to travel for a monday night game in Philly. Maybe you'll be lucky and McNabb won't be playing. How's that "spot light" now?

We then travel to Tennesse and the hated Jeff Fisher, while you play host to Cincy.

Finally, We play again. So...do you think we'll be resting starters or do you think it'll be a "must win" for your team?

Think about it Pal.

Tankus_Maximus
05-19-2008, 10:56 AM
Where on earth did you get the idea that Rogers was a #1 draft pick ??

The Browns didn't give up a number one for him, and the Lions didn't take him in the first round back in 2001 either, he was selected near the end of the second round !!

The last 1st round pick the Browns used to take a defensive player was Kamerion Wimbley, who could HARDLY be considered a "bust" !!!

But since he doesn't play for the Steelers, you may not agree.........

yup, you're right...my bad...I got Shaun confused with one of those Lions #1 picks that never pans out.....but anyways....The Browns still suck....but not as bad as the Bengals.

UK CANDY BEE
05-19-2008, 11:08 AM
Thanks for getting us all back to the topic, that was nice.....

.....but as far as "facts" are concerned, I saw few amongst your comments aside from identifying the opponents for the two teams. It would seem that you believe the Stoolers are going to more or less walk all over the majority of your schedule, while the Browns will be lucky to win vs anyone better than the Texans.

I can in all sincerity say that there is not a SINGLE team on Cleveland's schedule that we cannot beat !!

However, there is NO WAY in God's green earth that the Steelers beat the Patriots or Chargers !!

The Jags ?? Maybe !! The Colts ?? Perhaps better than maybe.

.....and the Browns ?? Well, how about MAYBE.... ONCE ??

lilyoder6
05-19-2008, 11:22 AM

.....but as far as "facts" are concerned, I saw few amongst your comments aside from identifying the opponents for the two teams. It would seem that you believe the Stoolers are going to more or less walk all over the majority of your schedule, while the Browns will be lucky to win vs anyone better than the Texans.

I can in all sincerity say that there is not a SINGLE team on Cleveland's schedule that we cannot beat !!

However, there is NO WAY in God's green earth that the Steelers beat the Patriots or Chargers !!

well since the steelers and browns play the exact same sch except 4 the 2 games i would have to say that if the browns are able to beast them the steelers are able to beat them.. until it happens the steelers are better/.. i'll agree w/ u that the browns has some nice players on that team.. but jamal lewis is another yr older and w/ no help behind him he might brake down.. D.A needs to prove he is as good as evry thinks he is.. or is he a 1 hit wonder?? the additions on the d-line will help the run stopping but rogers does need to lose weight b/c he too fat and slow to be dominant as he was in the early yrs.. but u gave up ur best corner and cut wright... still have sec issues that will hurt ur d.... but will have to wait til camp starts and pre-season is under the way b4 we can make better predictions

UK CANDY BEE
05-19-2008, 11:24 AM
.I got Shaun confused with one of those Lions #1 picks that never pans out......

Well, lately just about all the Lions top picks have been WRs, but I can't see how you would call Roy Williams a bust...........or Calvin Johnson either.

Last month they took an Offensive Lineman from BC, not a bad choice, but those games they won early on last season cost them their usual higher pick where they might have gotten an even better O lineman.

....and in typical Matt Millen fashion, as thin as they are on the O line, they only drafted ONE guy for that squad !!

Bill Ford has to be one of the dumbest owners in the NFL.......... you or I could do a better job than Matt Millen !!

UK CANDY BEE
05-19-2008, 11:36 AM
well since the steelers and browns play the exact same sch except 4 the 2 games i would have to say that if the browns are able to beast them the steelers are able to beat them.. until it happens the steelers are better/.. i'll agree w/ u that the browns has some nice players on that team.. but jamal lewis is another yr older and w/ no help behind him he might brake down.. D.A needs to prove he is as good as evry thinks he is.. or is he a 1 hit wonder?? the additions on the d-line will help the run stopping but rogers does need to lose weight b/c he too fat and slow to be dominant as he was in the early yrs.. but u gave up ur best corner and cut wright... still have sec issues that will hurt ur d.... but will have to wait til camp starts and pre-season is under the way b4 we can make better predictions

I agree with nearly everything you said !!!

Except the "steelers are better" part.

and the "no help behind him" part about Jamal Lewis. Jason Wright runs like a madman when given some chances.

Oh.....and it was KENNY Wright the Browns cut, who is nowhere near as good as ERIC Wright....big difference !!

Yes......Rogers definitely "does need to lose weight", and all Browns fans look forward to seeing less of him (in terms of a weight figure) over the summer

But the best thing you said was that last comment !! Especially the "we" part, because it is as true for myself as the rest of you !!

You COULDN'T be a Steelers fan !!! :chuckle:

But even if you are, at least you are obviously not one of the Wild Yinzers !!
:thumbsup:

stlrtruck
05-19-2008, 11:46 AM

But you folks just keep on living in the past, no problem !! You won't even believe Cleveland could possibly beat the Stoolers until it happens, and at that point, it's too late and you've underestimated another opponent !!

That happened to you a few times last season down the stretch, remember ??

Learn to live with it, because on Sept 14th, it is going to happen AGAIN !!

I understand your sense of fanaticism towards the clowns this time of year but really to assume that because you've added a big man on the front line that the defense wll all of a sudden be able to stop the run or that Big Ben will not make your LBs and DBs look worthless in pass coverage because of some new additions is almost obsurd.

I mean really as a fan, how do you attempt to talk smack against a team that you haven't beaten in what 5 years now? If I'm correct the last time you guys beat us was 2002 (sorry haven't pulled out the old schedule to confirm)? My point, you should show a little more humility in the situation. When your clowns team can begin to dominate the series as we have over the last 5 years then I would say you have every right to run off at the lips but when finally having one winning season is an accomplishment your really don't have a leg to stand on...even if the clowns are lucky enough to win one game against the Steelers this year.

The clowns were good enough to get second place in the division last year and be one game out of the playoffs...now they need to prove it wasn't a fluke. I don't know one player on that team who understands that mindset...matter of fact, I'm not sure I know one coach with it either.

Dino 6 Rings
05-19-2008, 11:52 AM

Ok buddy, first, stop with the name calling, its annoying me. Call us the Steelers or don't bother posting on this board.

As far as who we can or can't beat, or who you can or can't beat, the Pats, well we all know we don't do well against the Pats, I know that, we know that, they know it. But the Chargers, if you shut down LT, they are beatable. Rivers doesn't scare me in the least. Our defense is good enough to compete against their offense and our offense should be able to move the ball effectively against them. The Jags are the bigger headache with their run shut down defense.

I also gave a nod to the Browns for having the potential to win some games. but their schedule is almost as hard as ours, with Buffalo in their instead of the Pats, but the game is in Buffalo, and that place is a nut house. I've been there, the fans are rabid, especially if there is any hope in a game. Its a tough place to win. Buffalo will be a six win team this year, just hope you aren't one of their wins.

Even if we go 12-4 or 11-5, we still can win the division over the Browns. Its all about winning the AFC North games first, and we have established that we are very capable of doing that. We tossed a bone to the Ravens last season but went 5-1 against the AFC North. I like to think we do the same, splitting with the Ravens or Bengals but not both, and until I see otherwise, I believe the Steelers will go 2-0 against the Browns. Especially with the Browns coming off the Cowboys week 2. Don't over look anyone on the schedule, we play the Texans week 1. You should be focussed on the Cowboys, not the Steelers. Looking ahead will only get you punched in the mouth.

UK CANDY BEE
05-19-2008, 12:18 PM
Ok buddy, first, stop with the name calling, its annoying me. Call us the Steelers or don't bother posting on this board.

It's "annoying" you, is it ??........ you poor thing.....

I'll tell you what.....

When I see that it is no longer condoned to refer to MY team as "Stains" or "Clowns" around here, then AND ONLY THEN will I gladly refrain from calling YOUR team the Pissburgh Stoolers !!

Do you think THAT will happen ??

Neither do I !!

......besides, I try to only do that here in the Blast Furnace..... your fellow Piss & Black clad bunch (for the most part) cannot say the same !!

If I have forgotten which forum I was in, and called them that elsewhere, let me know and I'll edit it ...........

That's the best offer you're gonna get from me !!

Dino 6 Rings
05-19-2008, 12:30 PM

I'll tell you what.....

When I see that it is no longer condoned to refer to MY team as "Stains" or "Clowns" around here, then AND ONLY THEN will I gladly refrain from calling YOUR team the Pissburgh Stoolers !!

Neither do I !!

......besides, I try to only do that here in the Blast Furnace..... your fellow Piss & Black clad bunch (for the most part) cannot say the same !!

If I have forgotten which forum I was in, and called them that elsewhere, let me know and I'll edit it ...........

Want to know the difference between our teams? We are looking for our Sixth Superbowl Title in the 08 season. You are hoping and praying to be the Steelers once next season to feel better about rooting for a team that has never been to a SuperBowl. Making the playoffs would send you into a state of Euphoria, whereas for us, we expect to make it there and then to perform well enough to win it all. The idea of making the SuperBowl in the 08 season isn't even a realistic thought in your head, you just want to make the playoffs to get into the post season, and have something to brag about to your Bengals fans buddies.

Your acting as thought Suan Rogers is the second coming of Michael Strahan or Lawrence Taylor. Big deal, you got a cast off from the Lions. Not impressed here.

You've mortgaged your future on "win now" and that's by bringing in two guys to stop the run, who really, can they? and a receiver that is a good number 3 guy, in Dante Stallworth, but he isn't Randy Moss and shouldn't be considered a "savior" for your QB. Sure, he'll make 3 catches a game for you, but that's about it.

So what am I supposed to be scared of exactly? We've gotten younger, faster, and stronger on both sides of the ball. We've brought in guys to improve our STs (which we admit needed fixed) and are focussed on one goal, and that's winning it all.

You are still unsure of who your QB will be by week 6.

Admit it, you're jealous, and your hatred for the Steelers is really love. You really wish you could root for us, you want to be a Steelers fan, and by posting in this forum you are looking for acceptance.

Ok, I tell you what. Admit that you really want our acceptance, and I will be the first to welcome you. Come on my friend. We understand how hard it must be to be a Browns fan (well not really since we have 5 trophies, and are in the playoffs almost every year) We invite you to join us. Be a Steelers fan. its ok. We Welcome you with open arms.

UK CANDY BEE
05-19-2008, 01:02 PM
I think I am going to be sick !!!

The very THOUGHT of being a Stooler fan genuinely makes me want to vomit !!

Then again, if I DID (vomit, that is), I am certain that I would enjoy THOSE COLORS much better than your hideous Whizz & Black !!

Actually, the Steelers don't bother me nearly as much as Stooler FANS !! I mean, come on, the Pittsburgh Steelers are simply a football team out there trying to win games and be successful, which in that regard they are no different than any other NFL team. How can you "hate" that ??

What I DO hate is mindless Steeler FANS who believe that by some osmosis a successful team means anything spoken by those fans is somehow justified and correct. Which is more or less why I call those folks "The Wild Yinzers".

"Yinz" is not even a word, but you'd never know that from talking to many Steeler fans. But that is only the tip of the iceberg, it goes much deeper than that in terms of ignorance and stupidity !!

....and while you made some pseudo-valid points in your last post, what you failed to do was address my reply to your "name calling" accusation.....which I didn't really deny, did I ??

So you see ?? Sometimes, even when some of you take up legit issues and start down that road of sensible football discussion, too many times it still degenerates into "we got five trophies". As if that is all that counts, and even then only if they were won since the merger.

But I have grown accustomed to such blather from Stooler fans
.....to the point that I don't even bother reminding them any more that until the 70s the Steelers were a bigger joke than Cleveland EVER has been,

....or that you can call the NFL Championship whatever you like, but it is still nothing more than the league title......and the Browns have FOUR of those titles !!

EIGHT championships if you can claim AAFC titles.........and guess what ?? Even the NFL let's them do that !!

Which means that EIGHT championships is more than FIVE !!

.....but I digress.......and in so doing risk becoming that which I abhor. So I humby beg your forgiveness !!

But don't mistake my disdain for jealousy, okay ??

Dino 6 Rings
05-19-2008, 01:20 PM
I think I am going to be sick !!!

The very THOUGHT of being a Stooler fan genuinely makes me want to vomit !!

Then again, if I DID (vomit, that is), I am certain that I would enjoy THOSE COLORS much better than your hideous Whizz & Black !!

Actually, the Steelers don't bother me nearly as much as Stooler FANS !! I mean, come on, the Pittsburgh Steelers are simply a football team out there trying to win games and be successful, which in that regard they are no different than any other NFL team. How can you "hate" that ??

What I DO hate is mindless Steeler FANS who believe that by some osmosis a successful team means anything spoken by those fans is somehow justified and correct. Which is more or less why I call those folks "The Wild Yinzers".

"Yinz" is not even a word, but you'd never know that from talking to many Steeler fans. But that is only the tip of the iceberg, it goes much deeper than that in terms of ignorance and stupidity !!

....and while you made some pseudo-valid points in your last post, what you failed to do was address my reply to your "name calling" accusation.....which I didn't really deny, did I ??

So you see ?? Sometimes, even when some of you take up legit issues and start down that road of sensible football discussion, too many times it still degenerates into "we got five trophies". As if that is all that counts, and even then only if they were won since the merger.

But I have grown accustomed to such blather from Stooler fans
.....to the point that I don't even bother reminding them any more that until the 70s the Steelers were a bigger joke than Cleveland EVER has been,

....or that you can call the NFL Championship whatever you like, but it is still nothing more than the league title......and the Browns have FOUR of those titles !!

EIGHT championships if you can claim AAFC titles.........and guess what ?? Even the NFL let's them do that !!

Which means that EIGHT championships is more than FIVE !!

.....but I digress.......and in so doing risk becoming that which I abhor. So I humby beg your forgiveness !!

But don't mistake my disdain for jealousy, okay ??

Your name calling is simply a sign of your internal emotional weakness and your need to get a new path. I offer you the path of being a Steelers fan. You'll enjoy the ride. Much more than riding on the backside of the after thought in todays NFL known as the 2nd Cleveland Browns team.

I forgive you, you can't help it, you need someone to help guide you and that's why I'm here. So come along my friend, admit to yourself the truth as you know it, you really do Love the Steelers. Its ok to admit that you've been wrong your entire life and that its time to change for the better. Its never to late to improve yourself. And switching from the Browns to the Steelers is definitely an improvement.

As for the name calling, I don't post on other Forums to attack those teams with name calling. I do post on other forums, but discuss football and call the teams by their legal NFL names. However on my own board, I may sneak in the inevitable Bungals or Patriocheats. However, I don't even bother with calling the Browns anything other than the Browns (well maybe Clowns if someone like Windslow does something stupid) and I always refrain from using any term that relates to fecal matter. That's just low class.

Dino 6 Rings
05-19-2008, 01:24 PM
As for the colors of our Team, we are Black and Gold. Your insistance on refering to our colors and our teams with terms for bodily functions of a less than savory nature makes me wonder about your mental health. You're not one of those internet freaks that looks at that really nasty stuff out there are you? I mean if the idea of "whizz" and "Stool" does something for you, You may want to change your ways and seek professional help.

Dino 6 Rings
05-19-2008, 01:27 PM
But don't mistake my disdain for jealousy, okay ??[/COLOR]

Maybe your disdain is really projected self loathing? Just a theory, but we do tend to hurt and lash out at the ones we love. Feelings of not being accepted and needing to be noticed.

I'm here to help, we accept you as a Steelers fan. Its ok, its all going to be alright. Put down the Browns rubber dog mask and pick up a Terrible Towel. You'll feel better immediately and your life will start to improve right away. Trust me. I'm not a doctor but I've seen one on TV.

UK CANDY BEE
05-19-2008, 02:01 PM
Hmmm......... so, let me get this straight.....

I can be completely "accepted" with a simple change of heart, and my "life will start to improve right away" ??

WOW !! So what you're actually saying is that Jesus Christ and the Pittsburgh Steelers are more or less equal in terms of the effect each can have upon a person's life ??

Now THAT'S some HEAVY DUTY stuff right there !!

I guess I'll have to think about this for a moment or two......
.........whoa....excuse me just a sec......:puke:

Okay, all done thinking......... GET BENT !!

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z192/BuckeyeDan/BigRevolvingBrownsHelmet.gif

Dino 6 Rings
05-19-2008, 02:31 PM
WOW !! So what you're actually saying is that Jesus Christ and the Pittsburgh Steelers are more or less equal in terms of the effect each can have upon a person's life ??

I didn't mention religion at all. But your life will be better if you cheer for the Steelers. Try it, you'll like it. Don't be afraid, its ok to realize how wrong you've been all this time.

Dino 6 Rings
05-19-2008, 02:38 PM
Back on topic.

The Schedule.

Both of our teams have a very tough schedule next year, however one of our teams has had to peform in the spotlight against very good competition and has proven it is capable of winning big games, while the other, well hasn't played in a big game in years.

It'll be interesting to see which team comes out on top against the same competition. I'll put my money on the Steelers, you keep praying to make the playoffs.

memphissteelergirl
05-19-2008, 02:47 PM

I'll tell you what.....

Neither do I !!

My, my....somebody's cranky....sounds like you're overdue for your bottle and afternoon nap. Now run along, Sonny. :coffee:

lilyoder6
05-19-2008, 03:01 PM
i'm just a football fan, which happens to have the steelers as my fav team... and u should know that the steelers are better until u CAN actually beat them.. it's in all cases from the colts/pats games chargers/colts games and etc.. the other team is better til u beat them... eric is not the greatest and other than that who else do u have in the secondary??? and the man u said about running behind jamal he might be good in open spaces (screens) but i didn't rly see him do much between the tackles... and i bet rogers bought a house right next to mcdonald's

stlrtruck
05-19-2008, 03:07 PM
So what you're actually saying is that Jesus Christ and the Pittsburgh Steelers are more or less equal in terms of the effect each can have upon a person's life ??

No actually cheering for the Steelers will AFFECT your LIFE for only 6 months every year when you are able to understand things such as multiple years of winning, double digits in the W column, and most importantly Black and Gold looks better than puke orange and shite brown...

As for Jesus Christ he CHANGES your LIFE!!! But I've heard rumors that he hates the browns too! :rofl:

HometownGal
05-19-2008, 03:07 PM

I'll tell you what.....

Neither do I !!

You are acting like a total melonhead here, UK. This is a Pittsburgh Steelers BB in case you've forgotten. We have our little "nicknames" for every opponent - nicknames that have been around for decades.

You want to tell me that you and your fellow worshippers of the brown and orange always refer to our team as the "Steelers" on your BB's? :coffee:

Don't like it? Tough tatas. :flap:

Galax Steeler
05-19-2008, 03:36 PM
You are acting like a total melonhead here, UK. This is a Pittsburgh Steelers BB in case you've forgotten. We have our little "nicknames" for every opponent - nicknames that have been around for decades.

You want to tell me that you and your fellow worshippers of the brown and orange always refer to our team as the "Steelers" on your BB's? :coffee:

Don't like it? Tough tatas. :flap:

Thanks for clearing that up HometownGal I think he forgot what board he was on.

MACH1
05-19-2008, 03:48 PM
Don't forget the always popular "If its brown flush it down" :chuckle:

Preacher
05-19-2008, 04:00 PM
Hey EVERYONE....

We have been down this road before, remember? The Bungles had a decent season.. and all of a sudden, their fans start smack talking like they have been in the hunt forever.

Now it is the Browns turn. We will have to put up with this for a couple of years, and then it will move back to the Ravens.

Why?

Because deep down inside, they all know that WE are the team which the AFCN must come after year after year.

Sure, we may have a bad year here or there. But if you want to be the best in the AFCN... you have to come after us.

So we should just take UK(NM)Bee... Give him his binky, pat him on the head... and walk him back to the short bus so he can find his way back to a Browns board.

Nice to see you UK...

COme back soon

:wave:

TackleMeBen
05-19-2008, 05:00 PM

you mean like this? oh wait, he is still on his feet.:flap:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f144/heretoannoy93/STEELERS/fullj.getty75557823jm044_pittsburgh_st.jpg

UK CANDY BEE
05-19-2008, 05:21 PM

Of course not !!

Call the Browns, or any other team whatever you like. Just don't become "annoyed" and try to issue commands such as the one issued by Dino when it comes back at you !!

Come on over to Browns 24/7, or Dawgbones.com or wherever and when you are in the smack forum responding in kind to some of those things we call your Stoolers, I doubt you'll get this in response......

"Call us the Browns or don't bother posting on this board."

.....which is the SF equivalent of what I got !!

If you did get that, it would perfectly reasonable for you to tell them to PISS OFF.......... more or less like I did !!

But I AM a melonhead ??

fansince'76
05-19-2008, 05:23 PM
But I AM a melonhead ??

Yes.

http://www.eibike.com/eibike/Video/MelonHead.jpg

HometownGal
05-19-2008, 05:27 PM
Yes.

http://www.eibike.com/eibike/Video/MelonHead.jpg

I echo that sentiment. :laughing::wink02:

http://www.bubbygram.com/specialevents/melon3.jpg

UK CANDY BEE
05-19-2008, 05:29 PM
:rolleyes:

Okay...... whatever..........thanks for clearing that up for me.

But rest assured it wasn't exactly in the way you might have hoped !!

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z192/BuckeyeDan/RevolvingBrownshelmet.gif

HometownGal
05-19-2008, 05:34 PM
Of course not !!

Call the Browns, or any other team whatever you like. Just don't become "annoyed" and try to issue commands such as the one issued by Dino when it comes back at you !!

Come on over to Browns 24/7, or Dawgbones.com or wherever and when you are in the smack forum responding in kind to some of those things we call your Stoolers, I doubt you'll get this in response......

"Call us the Browns or don't bother posting on this board."

.....which is the SF equivalent of what I got !!

If you did get that, it would perfectly reasonable for you to tell them to PISS OFF.......... more or less like I did !!

Personally, I don't give a rat's schmoo what you call the Steelers. Until the end of the upcoming regular season, I call 'em

:tt02::tt02: 2007 AFC North Champions. :tt02::tt02:

Just remember, turn about is fair play, so don't get your boxers in a bunch when we Steelers fans on a Steelers BB use our favorite terms of endearment when referring to the Stains.......errr, I mean Clowns.....errr, I mean Browns. :chuckle::flap:

UK CANDY BEE
05-19-2008, 05:44 PM
Just remember, turn about is fair play, so don't get your boxers in a bunch when we Steelers fans on a Steelers BB use our favorite terms of endearment when referring to the Stains.......errr, I mean Clowns.....errr, I mean Browns. :chuckle::flap:

No problem !!

The point of this whole business with the derogatory names, is that I am not the one who got his "boxers in a bunch" in the FIRST PLACE !!I

.....and I am STILL not, I am just the one who was told to call you Steelers or begone !!

Never once did I say any of you were out of bounds to call the Browns whatever you like, I actually said the exact opposite. I simply called you out on the double standard, that's all !!

Why, HTG, do you keep missing that point ??

Anyway.......... I really gotta go. I hate to not reply to the replies of others, but I have no choice. Precisely why is laid out in that other thread...... ALOHA !!

Dino 6 Rings
05-19-2008, 05:48 PM
No problem !!

The point of this whole business with the derogatory names, is that I am not the one who got his "boxers in a bunch" in the FIRST PLACE !!I

.....and I am STILL not, I am just the one who was told to call you Steelers or begone !!

Never once did I say any of you were out of bounds to call the Browns whatever you like, I actually said the exact opposite. I simply called you out on the double standard, that's all !!

Why, HTG, do you keep missing that point ??

Anyway.......... I really gotta go. I hate to not reply to the replies of others, but I have no choice. Precisely why is laid out in that other thread...... ALOHA !!

I didn't get my boxers into a bunch...in fact, I don't wear boxers. I wanted to engage in a conversation but you insisted on using negative terms for the team I love and couldn't just say Steelers. But its cool, I understand now why that is.

You're Special. I get it. You like to play with poop and touch your pee in the toilet. Its fine, I understand you have "needs" and "desires" that don't fit in with the Mainstream of the population. They have sites dedicated to people like you. Enjoy it.

We still are going to Beat you this year.