PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for my wife.

GBMelBlount
05-17-2008, 02:34 AM
Although I am reluctant to share something so personal on a message board, my wife Renne' (Polamalu Princess) and I have discussed her situation and feel that the need for prayer is too great not too share her situation and ask for your prayers. It looks like Renne's cancer is back. She had a biopsy earlier this week and we will know the results within 7-10 days. There is also a family history on both sides so needless to say we are very concerned. So if you could please put Renne' on your prayer chains, your daily prayers, or just close your eyes and pray for her right now, we believe it will make the difference. Thank you.

augustashark
05-17-2008, 02:36 AM
I did say a prayer for her and hope the lord above keeps her safe and that you and her can have many more years together.

Preacher
05-17-2008, 03:10 AM
Although I am reluctant to share something so personal on a message board, my wife Renne' (Polamalu Princess) and I have discussed her situation and feel that the need for prayer is too great not too share her situation and ask for your prayers. It looks like Renne's cancer is back. She had a biopsy earlier this week and we will know the results within 7-10 days. There is also a family history on both sides so needless to say we are very concerned. So if you could please put Renne' on your prayer chains, your daily prayers, or just close your eyes and pray for her right now, we believe it will make the difference. Thank you.

SHe is in my prayers.

I know this can be a tough time. PM me if you need to talk... If you want, I can give you my cell number.

TroysBadDawg
05-17-2008, 04:54 AM
Our prayers are there and prayer lists are going.

May God Bless

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-17-2008, 05:00 AM
My prayers go out to your wife and for your continued strength throughout this time.

HometownGal
05-17-2008, 06:15 AM
Renne is most definitely in my heart and in my prayers and I will light a candle for her at Mass tomorrow. If there is ANYTHING at all that either of you need, please just ask. I emailed Renne my cell number and will always make myself available.

Stay strong and believe in the healing power of the Lord. :hug::hug::hug:

Mosca
05-17-2008, 08:25 AM
You got it. We just went through this. Everything wound up well, the test results were wrong, and I hope it does so for you, too.

fansince'76
05-17-2008, 08:27 AM
You and Renné both have my deepest prayers, Tom. God bless.

UK CANDY BEE
05-17-2008, 09:05 AM
Lord Jesus, she may wear Black & Gold while I wear Brown & Orange, but please take a moment to lay your hand upon her that she may watch many Browns/Steelers games for many more years !!

.......in Jesus' name....... amen !!

millwalldavey
05-17-2008, 09:15 AM
I will think positive for her and for you my friend. Heads up high both of you!

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
05-17-2008, 09:24 AM
My prayers go out for your wife and family. Stay positive and god bless!

VTsteel
05-17-2008, 09:38 AM
God bless you both and your families . . . and give you the strength to help you all through this.

klick81
05-17-2008, 02:53 PM

Let's hope the biopsy results come back with good news. Good luck.

MACH1
05-17-2008, 03:09 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

TackleMeBen
05-17-2008, 03:10 PM
hope all works out well for renee.. i will keep her in my prayers.

GBMelBlount
05-17-2008, 06:58 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

TY mach1, and again, sorry for the loss of your grandmother.

stillers4me
05-17-2008, 07:11 PM
Lord Jesus, she may wear Black & Gold while I wear Brown & Orange, but please take a moment to lay your hand upon her that she may watch many Browns/Steelers games for many more years !!

.......in Jesus' name....... amen !!

Thatr's one of the sweetest prayers I've ever heard!

Tom, both you and Renne are in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated. God Bless, Sue :hug:

OneForTheToe
05-17-2008, 08:53 PM
Thoughts and prayers.

Steelman16
05-17-2008, 10:27 PM
I will be praying, brother! Stand strong and have faith.

Blessings!
Steelman

"Seek first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you" - Matthew 6:33

steelwall
05-17-2008, 10:40 PM
I just prayed for her and your family. I prayed for her recovery, but whatever happens it is the lords will, do not fear, you will ALLWAYS be together.

4 days ago I was allmost killed in a motorcycle accident. A driver ran a red light and I ran my motorcycle into the side of the van at about 50mph. The last thing I remembered was trying to lift hy head from the road and the feeling of blood running down my face. I said a prayer as I blacked out. I woke up in the hospital just as I was entering the MRI. Even the police said it was a miracle I survived. I was in the hospital 1 day...1...day. I have a few broken bones and some bad cuts and bruises but the lord truly saved me. I pray he will grant your wife the same blessing sir.

GBMelBlount
05-18-2008, 05:46 AM
I just prayed for her and your family. I prayed for her recovery, but whatever happens it is the lords will, do not fear, you will ALLWAYS be together.

4 days ago I was allmost killed in a motorcycle accident. A driver ran a red light and I ran my motorcycle into the side of the van at about 50mph. The last thing I remembered was trying to lift hy head from the road and the feeling of blood running down my face. I said a prayer as I blacked out. I woke up in the hospital just as I was entering the MRI. Even the police said it was a miracle I survived. I was in the hospital 1 day...1...day. I have a few broken bones and some bad cuts and bruises but the lord truly saved me. I pray he will grant your wife the same blessing sir.

Thank you for your prayers Steelwall. Praying for you as well, for a fast & full recovery.

Galax Steeler
05-18-2008, 06:19 AM
May god bless you and your wife.

GutterflowerSteel
05-18-2008, 06:26 AM
Heartfelt prayers and positive vibes for Renne' :grouphug:

GutterflowerSteel
05-18-2008, 06:29 AM

Prayers for a quick recovery for you, Steelwall - your guardian angels were riding with you that day!

steelwall
05-18-2008, 10:30 AM
Thank you for your prayers Steelwall. Praying for you as well, for a fast & full recovery.

Thank you sir, means alot to me really.

steelwall
05-18-2008, 10:35 AM
Prayers for a quick recovery for you, Steelwall - your guardian angels were riding with you that day!

Thank you as well, they most certainly were with me, the nature of the accident and the fact I survived with what injuries I do have is nothing short of a miracle. Even the Chinese police said so, and the Chinese are known for speaking much about that kinda stuff.

I feel my prayers have been answered, now lets hope this good man's wife will be ok, and the lord will see fit to grant our prayers for her.

The Duke
05-18-2008, 02:10 PM
sorry to hear that GB

here's hoping everything's alright :cheers:

keep us updated

GBMelBlount
05-18-2008, 07:54 PM
Thank you all for your prayers. They are greatly needed and appreciated more than you know. We feel like you are all our brothers and sisters. I'd like to suggest to Steelwall that he start a prayer thread for his wife if he is comfortable doing that or let us know if he would like her to be placed on prayer chains. I don't know the details but it appears to be quite serious......

steelwall
05-18-2008, 08:13 PM
Thank you all for your prayers. They are greatly needed and appreciated more than you know. We feel like you are all our brothers and sisters. I'd like to suggest to Steelwall that he start a prayer thread for his wife if he is comfortable doing that or let us know if he would like her to be placed on prayer chains. I don't know the details but it appears to be quite serious......

Sorry GB I guess my post was a bit confussing, my referance to "this good man's wife", was meant for you and your wife, my wife is ok. But your family is still in my prayers.

GBMelBlount
05-18-2008, 08:17 PM
LOL. I thought you were referring to yourself in the third person! :thumbsup:

steelwall
05-18-2008, 08:33 PM
LOL. I thought you were referring to yourself in the third person! :thumbsup:

Yeah I should have been more clear......:thumbsup:

stlrtruck
05-19-2008, 08:08 AM
Prayers for Peace and Comfort and for God's miraculous healing.

Trust in the Lord.

CB1977
05-19-2008, 08:51 AM
I just found out about this this morning as TroysBadDawg sent me a PM telling me about her...

She is in my prayers....God Bless her.

GBMelBlount
05-19-2008, 09:09 AM
I just found out about this this morning as TroysBadDawg sent me a PM telling me about her...

She is in my prayers....God Bless her.

Thank you CB. The love and prayers from fellow SF'ers is touching. I guess it is things like this that make you realize what is most important on this earth, your loved ones and true friends. It's beyond football rivalry or politics, or anything so trivial.....I am hoping to get over to www.browns247.com to thank everyone for their prayers as well. :hug:

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-19-2008, 09:28 AM
Thank you CB. The love and prayers from fellow SF'ers is touching. I guess it is things like this that make you realize what is most important on this earth, your loved ones and true friends. It's beyond football rivalry or politics, or anything so trivial.....I am hoping to get over to www.browns247.com to thank everyone for their prayers as well. :hug:

Keep us updated my friend!!:thumbsup:

PAMillerGrrl83
05-19-2008, 06:00 PM
She's in my thoughts and prayers.

NJarhead
05-19-2008, 06:20 PM
Oh man, I'm sorry you guys have to go through this GBMB. You're both in my prayers.

pittsburghp8baller
05-19-2008, 06:38 PM
she will be in mine and ill hope and pray for the best

TroysBadDawg
05-19-2008, 08:03 PM
Still Have her in our prayers and having her name put in more prayer lists daily.

BettisFan
05-19-2008, 08:14 PM
I hope all is well, i send my wishes.

Polamalu Princess
05-19-2008, 08:49 PM
I have cried several times reading this post. First of all because my sweet husband for posting this and secondly because of all of you, WOW! I am just amazed at the outpouring of love from all of you. I am not on SF as much as my DH, but we both have felt the love from every single one of you. We are blessed to have our “SF” support and even more from others. Any one that knows Pittsburgh knows that we all stick together!!!

Love to all,

Renne’

PS – MMM – only my DH will know, but all of you can smile at that and know that you are loved too!

SteelersMongol
05-19-2008, 09:19 PM
Please, accept my prayers & best wishes.

Preacher
05-19-2008, 09:44 PM
I have cried several times reading this post. First of all because my sweet husband for posting this and secondly because of all of you, WOW! I am just amazed at the outpouring of love from all of you. I am not on SF as much as my DH, but we both have felt the love from every single one of you. We are blessed to have our “SF” support and even more from others. Any one that knows Pittsburgh knows that we all stick together!!!

Love to all,

Renne’

PS – MMM – only my DH will know, but all of you can smile at that and know that you are loved too!

Please keep us informed that we may keep praying.

steelwall
05-19-2008, 09:50 PM
I guess it is things like this that make you realize what is most important on this earth, your loved ones and true friends. :

I just emailed my father these exact words yesterday, my accident really awakened my faith.

Your wife is still in my prayers.

Elvis
05-25-2008, 01:31 PM

Love to all,

Renne’

:hug:God Bless Ya Renne. I just pray right now that God will touch that spot on your body that you are concerned about and that he will take that spot away from your body and destroy it. I pray Jesus that Renne know you as Lord and Savior this afternoon and if she doesnt Lord, I pray that you convict her heart to accept you as her Lord and savior right now at this very second. Lord I pray for her husband that he will be or do the same and that he will be strong for her and be able to give her the love that she is gonna need in these times of need. Amen
Renne ... God says to call on him. give your heart to Jesus if you havent already please. May God Truly Bless You and Your Family
Elvis
:hug:

Polamalu Princess
05-26-2008, 09:19 PM
:hug:God Bless Ya Renne. I just pray right now that God will touch that spot on your body that you are concerned about and that he will take that spot away from your body and destroy it. I pray Jesus that Renne know you as Lord and Savior this afternoon and if she doesnt Lord, I pray that you convict her heart to accept you as her Lord and savior right now at this very second. Lord I pray for her husband that he will be or do the same and that he will be strong for her and be able to give her the love that she is gonna need in these times of need. Amen
Renne ... God says to call on him. give your heart to Jesus if you havent already please. May God Truly Bless You and Your Family
Elvis

Thank you so very much!!!! My Lord and Savior has been with me tenfold, and then some!!!!

Healing is on the way...this I know is true. God can do ANYTHING!!!!!

Thank you again.

Renne'

billybob
05-26-2008, 09:57 PM
We all have been blessed,in that we have lived,if we have loved,while we live,we have more blessings to speak of.If we have been loved,while we still live, our story, is untold of yet. When my time has approached,i will know.    Only the lord our "God" has the key. What he dictates,so shall it be. Keep your faith,and your prayers,and your love ,close to your heart.    For you never know when it all,may be taken away. Feel the worth,that you have to give,and do not think of what could have been.
PRAY right now! I think she is gonna make it sir,she has a lot of prayers reaching out right now.
No man should ever take for granted,the things that he loves.Try to never be guilty of that!
It could hurt later on!!!!
May God shed his grace on you,and your loved ones.
Most extreme prayers,and hopes,from billybob!

billybob
05-26-2008, 10:54 PM
I don't mean to bull-crap around,and really i am not.I know that this is not a religious site,and you need to take hold of your life, right now!I If you don't pray right now,you might short-change yourself on down the line.I am speaking for myself, through my own experience.You can allways turn back,until it is too late. Then it is one-way!:tt:

Polamalu Princess
05-29-2008, 10:00 PM
First of all I just want to thank all of you for your very caring prayers with my situation. I have fantastic news with some bad news that is so wonderful. The type of cancer I have runs in my family. When I first had the biopsy the doctor really did not give a lot of hope, when I had further tests, I was given just grim faces...

Then there were so many prayers, so many from all of you here on SF and God took control and heard all the prayers. I am not out of the woods and have to be on some nasty med's and have a life long treatment, BUT I am only in the BOTTOM of the first stage and I can do so many things to control the situation.

Tom and I both feel so blessed to have all of you in our lives to be our Steeler Fever family. Prayers work and I can tell you tenfold that I felt your prayers - No question about it. I and Tom both know that there was such a grim report prior to all the prayers, but God prevailed once again.

Thank you and thank you again.

May God bless you and keep you in His loving care,

Renne'

PS - MINE, MINE, MINE - Tom will know and all of you can just smile at that!!!

klick81
05-30-2008, 12:57 AM
I'll be looking forward to many, many more posts from you in the coming years Renne. Keep on pushing forward.

steelwall
05-30-2008, 03:19 AM
God bless you Renne, and praise the lord for the good news.

TroysBadDawg
05-30-2008, 05:49 AM
Prayer still coming from this Browns house and many others for you Renne'.

Hoping we still get to see each other.

BTW
How is the kitten you found in the front yard? Did mama cat come back for it? Hope your allergies aren't firing up because of it.

HometownGal
05-30-2008, 05:53 AM
Thank God, Renne!!! I was so worried about you, but knew that God would keep you in His loving hands. You have such a positive attitude - keep it going and know that we are all here for you. :hug: :hug:

Steelman16
05-31-2008, 04:43 PM
Praise the Lord! I'm glad to hear of His wonderous works again. :)

Keep up the faith!

-Steelman

MACH1
05-31-2008, 05:57 PM
Thats good news. You all are still in my prayers.

Texasteel
05-31-2008, 07:27 PM
I have see God do wonderful thinks all my live. But I have never seen a football board rally around a sister, and call on the name of God like this one has. I know I have found the right home.
My hopes and prayers are ALWAYS with you.

GBMelBlount
10-09-2008, 07:07 AM
Thank you all for your kindness and prayers. My wife's (Polamalu Princess) surgery is tomorrow at 7:30 am and though we have a peace about it, it is still a very difficult time for us . Your continued thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated.

Atlanta Dan
10-09-2008, 07:20 AM
Prayers that surgery goes well

MasterOfPuppets
10-09-2008, 07:27 AM
good luck and best wishes to both of you........:hug:

HometownGal
10-09-2008, 07:29 AM
I will be praying hard for Renne and for you, Tom, as I know you will be right there helping her through it. :thumbsup::drink: She will also our Lord right there holding her hand throughout the procedure and those hands are the most loving and healing of all!

Please let us know how the surgery went as soon as you have a free minute. :hug:

Michael Keller
10-09-2008, 09:30 AM
I pray for your wife , Renee and you that you may be blessed with favorable news along with peace, strength and understanding .

klick81
10-09-2008, 09:46 AM
Good luck with the surgery...may your love for one another pull you through safely.

Polamalu Princess
10-09-2008, 05:11 PM
Thank you so much for your concern and your prayers. God will be by my side and my DH will take care of me.

Thanks again.

GutterflowerSteel
10-09-2008, 05:20 PM
God will be with you, Renne' ~ best of luck tomorrow. I'll say a prayer for you at 7:30 :hug:

steelwall
10-09-2008, 06:32 PM
I pray for you too, infact I will say one now for you.

Preacher
10-09-2008, 06:38 PM
First of all I just want to thank all of you for your very caring prayers with my situation. I have fantastic news with some bad news that is so wonderful. The type of cancer I have runs in my family. When I first had the biopsy the doctor really did not give a lot of hope, when I had further tests, I was given just grim faces...

Then there were so many prayers, so many from all of you here on SF and God took control and heard all the prayers. I am not out of the woods and have to be on some nasty med's and have a life long treatment, BUT I am only in the BOTTOM of the first stage and I can do so many things to control the situation.

Tom and I both feel so blessed to have all of you in our lives to be our Steeler Fever family. Prayers work and I can tell you tenfold that I felt your prayers - No question about it. I and Tom both know that there was such a grim report prior to all the prayers, but God prevailed once again.

Thank you and thank you again.

May God bless you and keep you in His loving care,

Renne'

PS - MINE, MINE, MINE - Tom will know and all of you can just smile at that!!!

God bless...

May God's hands and wisdom be on the doctors and surgeons.

I know your husband has my info, call or email if you all need to talk.

fansince'76
10-09-2008, 06:40 PM
My thoughts and prayers will be with you both. God bless.

stillers4me
10-09-2008, 07:03 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Mosca
10-09-2008, 07:12 PM
All the best for you guys. Stay strong.

GBMelBlount
10-10-2008, 01:04 PM
Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes. The surgery went well and my wife should be feeling much better in a few days. Her surgeon told her she will likely require another surgery that is much more involved but things did go well today. Thank you all again.

HometownGal
10-10-2008, 01:21 PM
I'm so relieved to hear that Renee is going to be fine! :drink:

Please give her a hug from all of us and please keep us updated on how she is doing! :hug::hug:

steelwall
10-10-2008, 04:52 PM
Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes. The surgery went well and my wife should be feeling much better in a few days. Her surgeon told her she will likely require another surgery that is much more involved but things did go well today. Thank you all again.

Thats positive, I will continue to pray for her.

Preacher
10-10-2008, 04:59 PM
Step one done and gone!!!

On to step two!

enjoy this time, I pray that everything continues to go well.

God Bless!

GutterflowerSteel
10-10-2008, 05:46 PM
:hug: YAY!! :hug: That's great news ~ I will keep her in my prayers.

GBMelBlount
10-21-2008, 06:46 PM
I wanted to thank everyone at Steelersfever for their prayers and well wishes for my wife Renne' (Polamalu Princess). Her surgery went well and the follow up tests came back negative for cancer! She will be on a low dose medication and have yearly followup exams, but otherwise we could not have hoped for a better outcome! Again, thank you for all of your prayers dear friends! We believe that made the difference!

NJarhead
10-21-2008, 06:49 PM
Glad to hear it buddy. Give her a hug for me. :thumbsup: :drink:

Polamalu Princess
10-21-2008, 06:54 PM
Yes, I thank every single one of you that gave me hope and encouragement during this difficult time. You are all very much appreciated. It is wonderful news that the results came back benign and for now there will not be another surgery. Prayers work!

Thanks again!

Renne':cheer:

MasterOfPuppets
10-21-2008, 06:56 PM
thats great news !!! i hope you and the misses are planning on celebrating somehow.(vacation) i'd say ya'll need it and have earned it.

tony hipchest
10-21-2008, 07:01 PM
glad to hear the good news gb and glad she has a great man there to take care of her.

Preacher
10-21-2008, 07:03 PM
That is GREAT....

If she can... I look forward to meeting her in a few weeks when we are in Pittsburgh!!

stillers4me
10-21-2008, 07:03 PM
Wow! I'm so happy for both of you! :hug:

Pittsky
10-21-2008, 07:38 PM
thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

steelwall
10-21-2008, 07:47 PM
I wanted to thank everyone at Steelersfever for their prayers and well wishes for my wife Renne' (Polamalu Princess). Her surgery went well and the follow up tests came back negative for cancer! She will be on a low dose medication and have yearly followup exams, but otherwise we could not have hoped for a better outcome! Again, thank you for all of your prayers dear friends! We believe that made the difference!

The power of prayer my friend. God bless you both, you just made my day,:thumbsup:

Polamalu Princess
10-21-2008, 08:09 PM
That is GREAT....

If she can... I look forward to meeting her in a few weeks when we are in Pittsburgh!!

I would love to meet you and your wife!

HometownGal
10-21-2008, 08:25 PM
Excellent news Renne! :thumbsup: I'm sure this is a huge relief to both you and Tom. May you continue to enjoy good health and happiness! :drink:

GBMelBlount
10-21-2008, 09:45 PM
That is GREAT....

Thanks Preach I (we) look forward to seeing both you and your lovely wife again. :hug:

We're gonna have to dust off the shot glasses! :chuckle:

Texasteel
10-22-2008, 02:10 AM
Thanks Tom, she is still going to need a lot of TLC and I know shes getting it. I really hope I can get up there next year to see ya.
Both of you are on my mind and in my prayers.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-22-2008, 03:10 AM
Yes, I thank every single one of you that gave me hope and encouragement during this difficult time. You are all very much appreciated. It is wonderful news that the results came back benign and for now there will not be another surgery. Prayers work!

Thanks again!

Renne':cheer:

Excellent news.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Galax Steeler
10-23-2008, 04:09 AM
That is great news hope everything is fine.

Steel Duck
10-30-2008, 06:07 PM
I'm pretty new here....Well, new to posting anyway, and haven't gotten out onto the best foot (politically that is)...but I read all 9 pages of this thread and more than one post brought me to tears....
I am so glad that your wife is well and healthy. You two must be very special people to receive such an outpouring of love and support.
God Bless you both!!!!

Polamalu Princess
10-30-2008, 08:40 PM
Thank you so very much. It has been a long road, but God is good and brings so many special people into our lives when we need them the most. Thanks again.