PDA

View Full Version : Goal Line Blitz!

millwalldavey
05-17-2008, 10:09 AM
Anyone on the board here play this online fantasy game?

I just started. I created a player, signed with a team and had my first game yesterday. I scored a touchdown! LOL

Here are my vitals

Player: Mills Davies
Position: Fullback
Team: Hartford Wasps
League: D League #18 Eastern Confrence!

Post yours here!

http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=12343443

Rhee Rhee
05-17-2008, 07:30 PM
i play!

i play reciever and am also the PR and KR of my team.

i havent checked my player in a while so i'll post my stats later on.

Steelman16
05-17-2008, 10:47 PM
Looks pretty cool, I'll join up tommorrow.

millwalldavey
05-18-2008, 03:21 PM
I got a game tonight @ 8 it looks like.

Crushzilla
05-21-2008, 05:48 PM
Hey, Davey..

I'm on your team!

NJarhead
05-21-2008, 09:35 PM
http://www.zerosity.com/glb.html

Interesting info.

millwalldavey
05-22-2008, 03:27 PM
Hey, Davey..

I'm on your team!

Dude, thats nuts!

Crushzilla
05-22-2008, 06:57 PM
I know, right?

I made a TE (SORRY, I forgot to put you as referral) and your team was one of my contract offers.

The Wasps aren't terribly deep at the TE so I joined up!

Aaaaand... I scored a touchdown in my first game! Unfortunately, we lost.

I'm Marian Ilford

steelwall
05-22-2008, 07:11 PM
I'm trying to join but keep getting an error message after the attributes screen...dang..

steelwall
05-22-2008, 07:24 PM
ok ok I finally got my player made, a DT

Crushzilla
05-22-2008, 08:00 PM
ok ok I finally got my player made, a DT

I made a DT, as well.

Fortunately, I got on a team... played that night... had a forced fumble and good run shutdowns and now I'm starting tomorrow!

Remember... At low levels you just want to play. The more stamina... the more plays. The more plays the more EXP. From what I understand, your performance does not reflect your EXP, its the reps.

I think its something like 40-50 plays a game is max experience for that game. There is a stickied thread in the newbies section of the forum that discusses this strategy. Also, its not gonna help having all that strength and agility and power rushing if you aren't in the game!

Ya. I learned a LOT in that one stickied thread.

Gary and Marianne, I'm sorry to post a thread from another board here, but its not one that conflict with anything that we do here at the forum. I hope this isn't an issue.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/forum_thread.pl?thread_id=6371

These a lot of great literature in this "Newbie" forum.

Just a tip. I'm sure you've already been over there to check it out. My philosophy is to build as good of a player as fast as I can before this think blows up and I never have a chance to start because there are so many good players.

steelwall
05-23-2008, 11:15 AM
I made a DT, as well.

Fortunately, I got on a team... played that night... had a forced fumble and good run shutdowns and now I'm starting tomorrow!

Remember... At low levels you just want to play. The more stamina... the more plays. The more plays the more EXP. From what I understand, your performance does not reflect your EXP, its the reps.

I think its something like 40-50 plays a game is max experience for that game. There is a stickied thread in the newbies section of the forum that discusses this strategy. Also, its not gonna help having all that strength and agility and power rushing if you aren't in the game!

Ya. I learned a LOT in that one stickied thread.

Gary and Marianne, I'm sorry to post a thread from another board here, but its not one that conflict with anything that we do here at the forum. I hope this isn't an issue.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/forum_thread.pl?thread_id=6371

These a lot of great literature in this "Newbie" forum.

Just a tip. I'm sure you've already been over there to check it out. My philosophy is to build as good of a player as fast as I can before this think blows up and I never have a chance to start because there are so many good players.

I have no contract offers as of yet, I do have a question. It appears that you can gain money and attribute points by simply just waiting (like you get a certain amount of points each day, think its like .27 per day) is that if you are playing in a game or is that for everyone, even if you're not signed?

BTW I focused my DT on strength and agility, stamina comming in 3rd.

verks36
05-23-2008, 11:48 AM
YO YO i didnt know many people from Steelers Fever played goallineblitz I dont post as much on here because of that dam game. IT is so fun. My team is pretty good and we are going to the playoffs.

What levels are your guys here is my corner

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=243643

verks36
05-23-2008, 11:50 AM
are you guys all in D leagues

steelwall
05-23-2008, 11:57 AM

I have no idea, I have yet to make a team, or should say recieve a contract offer.

Crushzilla
05-23-2008, 04:19 PM
I have no contract offers as of yet, I do have a question. It appears that you can gain money and attribute points by simply just waiting (like you get a certain amount of points each day, think its like .27 per day) is that if you are playing in a game or is that for everyone, even if you're not signed?

BTW I focused my DT on strength and agility, stamina comming in 3rd.

Did you actually click on Contract Offer?

I know that it said zero on the link for both of my guys but when I clicked on it 3 came up.

Also. Yes, when you train you get those attributes that you train for that day. You also get like 100 exp for training daily.

All of this info I am giving you is from my like 4 days of experience playing this.

Perhaps you should ask one of the guys on the GLB forum for a more reassuring answer :chuckle:

millwalldavey
05-23-2008, 04:22 PM

yep... right now I am

verks36
05-25-2008, 07:40 PM
what level our all your players?

43Hitman
05-26-2008, 12:52 AM
Wow this is really cool! Thanks for sharing.. I created a SS he's level 2. Still learning what to do as far as strategy goes. Not a starter yet but figure if I keep working on stamina, speed, agility, vision, tackling it won't be too long.

steelersfanman92
05-26-2008, 02:18 PM
I have a level 2 FS but i have a level 9 and 7 in front of me so i dont think i will play for a while

Crushzilla
05-26-2008, 08:36 PM
Don't worry if you aren't starting right away.

In the D leagues (Developmental leagues) there is a good rotation of starters and back ups.

Just make sure you have good stamina.

43Hitman
05-27-2008, 08:40 PM
Well my first game I was in for 20 plays got 3 tackles and 1 pass deflected. Not a bad start. Got a playoff game tomorrow. So who knows.

This is a really cool game. I'm glad I read this thread.

By the way , have any of you guys bought flexpoints?

verks36
05-28-2008, 05:48 AM
ya I have bought some flex points.

my team is in the playoffs and we are in a pretty competetie league USA A #8 so its going to be hard. We were the preseason favorite but we got the #4 seed. The home game is really important for the franchise because it rakes in alot of money.

here our my corner attributes

Player Attributes
Physical Attributes Football Skills
Strength: 13.25 Blocking: 9
Speed: 63.31 Tackling: 13.25
Agility: 31.09 Throwing: 8
Jumping: 20.31 Catching: 20.56
Stamina: 34.61 Carrying: 15.58
Vision: 36.2 Kicking: 7
Confidence: 13.25 Punting: 9

millwalldavey
05-28-2008, 11:52 AM
Right now my FB is a level 7

Crushzilla
05-28-2008, 07:23 PM
Davey,

When's a good level to move out of the developmental league?

millwalldavey
05-28-2008, 08:21 PM
Davey,

When's a good level to move out of the developmental league?

To be honest... I dunno. I'm just gonna hang out and have fun and then maybe when I get bored I'll try to move him up.

steelwall
05-28-2008, 09:25 PM
I don't quite get it. Are your players attributes supposed to increase each day? Seems mine has not increased at all..... And what about money? Do you only make money if you play? I'm level one so i dont expect to get a contact offer anytime soon, I'm a DT but focused on strenght, agility, and intelligence.

verks36
06-03-2008, 05:51 PM
so how did your guys teams do in the playoffs?

my team lost in the first round to the 5th seed.

millwalldavey
06-03-2008, 07:32 PM
so how did your guys teams do in the playoffs?

my team lost in the first round to the 5th seed.

Out in the second round.