PDA

View Full Version : Bill O'Reilly Freaks Out!

fansince'76
05-18-2008, 09:27 AM
Warning: very strong language:

O'Reilly Freaks on Camera (http://video.yahoo.com/watch/2663065)

On a side note, has he really aged that badly since the '90s? Guess so.

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

GBMelBlount
05-18-2008, 09:36 AM

That was hysterical!

On a side note, I had a best friend who always preached two things: "Never lose your composure" and "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything".........Unfortunately, we got into a terrible argument and haven't spoken since........

HometownGal
05-18-2008, 09:43 AM

That's truly a classic! :toofunny::toofunny: He really threw quite the temper tantrum - did someone misplace his :binky: ?

In answer to your question above - YES. :laughing:

Mosca
05-18-2008, 11:52 AM
I'm not a big fan of his, but I kind of like it. I like that he carries that burning drive for perfection and success.

Has anyone seen the remix? Warning... VERY, VERY strong language.....

O'Reilly remix (http://blog.photoshelter.com/2008/05/oreilly-tehrani-and-the-remix.html)

steelwall
05-18-2008, 12:12 PM
That was freakin funny as hell. Someone certainly toke a whizz in his corn flakes that morning.

millwalldavey
05-18-2008, 04:16 PM
This man is a bully and a buffoon.

revefsreleets
05-19-2008, 09:55 PM
They all know better...the camera is always on, and for the most part, the photogs (insider lingo for cameramen) hate the on-air talent, so any chance they get they take to bury them.

SteelersMongol
05-19-2008, 10:07 PM
Ha ha ha. I never really liked him.

stlrtruck
05-20-2008, 08:53 AM
I wonder if he woke up and finally realized that he was a bungles fan or a clowns fan?

millwalldavey
05-20-2008, 04:03 PM
I wonder if he woke up and finally realized that he was a bungles fan or a clowns fan?

Bill is from NE and DEFINATELY a Cheats fan. Coincidence?

stlrtruck
05-21-2008, 08:36 AM

Meaning he woke up and had to face the music that he supports a bunch of cheaters!!

Dang, I'd be pissed off too!

klick81
05-21-2008, 12:34 PM
LMAO...

_____ IT!!!

GBMelBlount
05-21-2008, 12:39 PM

I don't always agree with his delivery or combativeness, but I agree with his opinions and reasoning the vast majority of the time. Because someone is abrasive or unlikeable doesn't necessarily mean they are wrong or that their point is invalid.

BettisFan
05-21-2008, 02:03 PM
On the way to school i listen to sports radio 610, this morning they had the bill oreilly dance mix to his freak out its really funny!

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=29983
not safe for work

millwalldavey
05-21-2008, 03:50 PM
I don't always agree with his delivery or combativeness, but I agree with his opinions and reasoning the vast majority of the time. Because someone is abrasive or unlikeable doesn't necessarily mean they are wrong or that their point is invalid.

I have actually found a few (very few, but a few) things I agreed with him on. His abrasiveness belies his "fair and balanced" coverage, especially when his tantrums do not allow an interviewee the time or ability to speak.

Again. Bully and a buffoon. Typical PAts fan material.

fansince'76
05-21-2008, 04:12 PM
Bully and a buffoon. Typical PAts fan material.

fpOSgT-osHk

GBMelBlount
05-21-2008, 06:27 PM
I have actually found a few (very few, but a few) things I agreed with him on. His abrasiveness belies his "fair and balanced" coverage, especially when his tantrums do not allow an interviewee the time or ability to speak.

Again. Bully and a buffoon. Typical PAts fan material.

I don't really watch alot of news anymore, but isn't his show promoted more as the Bill O'Reilly Show which primarily presents his personal opinions and beliefs about the news and current issues, moreso than the "Fair and Balanced" news reporting segments?

millwalldavey
05-21-2008, 06:29 PM
Well... I do not watch him at all now that I have left my Father's house... but he drops the "fair and balanced" tagline famously throughout... if you can stomach his talking points segment at the beginning he usually drops it at least once

GBMelBlount
05-21-2008, 06:45 PM
Well, if I am not mistaken, he does have people on with opposing views, so at least someone gets to make their point even if he cuts them short the majority of the time. He is still much better than the likes of Obermeyer imo who I feel hate O'Reilly because O'Reilly crushes them in the ratings. Again, if there are any MAJOR issues you want to discuss with respect to O'Reilly's take on it, I would gladly discuss it with you. Taxes, Economy, Gas Prices, Illegal Immigrants, the war on terror, Education.... You can even pick the topic if you'd like and make your case for what you believe is wrong about his take.

steelwall
05-21-2008, 07:37 PM
Been a while since i watched his show, but I agreed with many of his points at times, and at others disagreed. What I do respect about the man is he is not afraid to voice his opinion, right or wrong.

I'm sick of these suck up type media reporters, going with which ever direction the wind blows. Call O'Reily what you will, but I enjoyed his show, but I admit havent seen it in allmost 4 years, perhaps it's changed, I dunno know.

millwalldavey
05-21-2008, 08:01 PM
My politics and his differ considerably. I love my father dearly and he is more like O'Reilly than myself. So, I have no problem with people who have opposing viewpoints than my own. Thats the beauty of this society.

However, I do have a problem with people like him who serve to prove their points with an iron fist. Sure he has people on with opposing viewpoints. Maybe they get their points heard, but there is never any chance for them to recieve any type of credibility as he belittles and talks (shouts) over them. So maybe they get their point across if you can actually hear it over his big yap.

AS for his ratings, i liken it to this. Bill is the Steelers, his opponent is the, lets say Bungles (I hate them more than Cleveland) . If you know the Steelers are gonna thrash the Bungles 60-0 every night, you are gonna turn in night after night to see it. If the score was say 30-30, less people would watch it because they dont wanna see those Bungles pull it out. (Oh, god... I think I may have opened the "fair weather fan vault... dont look at it like that, just think about the point) Basically, he gives the people who want to watch him what they want to see and hear... he says everything (or most things) they agree with and then they get to watch him verbally slaughter his opponent, with no chance of a score.

I'm up for discussion... PM would be preferrable to a public forum for me. You pick the topic... I dont care. It's been a while since some good political roundtable!

steelwall
05-21-2008, 08:13 PM
My politics and his differ considerably. I love my father dearly and he is more like O'Reilly than myself. So, I have no problem with people who have opposing viewpoints than my own. Thats the beauty of this society.

However, I do have a problem with people like him who serve to prove their points with an iron fist. Sure he has people on with opposing viewpoints. Maybe they get their points heard, but there is never any chance for them to recieve any type of credibility as he belittles and talks (shouts) over them. So maybe they get their point across if you can actually hear it over his big yap.

AS for his ratings, i liken it to this. Bill is the Steelers, his opponent is the, lets say Bungles (I hate them more than Cleveland) . If you know the Steelers are gonna thrash the Bungles 60-0 every night, you are gonna turn in night after night to see it. If the score was say 30-30, less people would watch it because they dont wanna see those Bungles pull it out. (Oh, god... I think I may have opened the "fair weather fan vault... dont look at it like that, just think about the point) Basically, he gives the people who want to watch him what they want to see and hear... he says everything (or most things) they agree with and then they get to watch him verbally slaughter his opponent, with no chance of a score.

I'm up for discussion... PM would be preferrable to a public forum for me. You pick the topic... I dont care. It's been a while since some good political roundtable!

The last show I remember watching of his, he had a man on there and the topic was reperations. Of course this was some sort of black leader possibly NAACP or something (can't remember who the guy was). I remember Bill calmly talking to the man and bringing up valid points. The other guy could barely control himself, as several times he looked like he was going to leave his chair and b*(ch slap Bill.

But Bill showed no fear and calmly made his points. I guess the point being, there's only a hand full of media type people who would have taken this interview. I'm not racist heck... my wife is Chinese, but like I said before, I admire a person that doesn't allways feel the need to be chummy with ALL the public.... one reason I don't like very many politicians..hardly any to be honest.

HughC
05-27-2008, 06:41 PM
Sounds like a boss I used to work for. I worked outside sales (pre-cell phone days) and the guy waited till I was done with my full day of work before informing me that I had a message that my nine-month pregnant wife was in the hospital.

Galax Steeler
05-28-2008, 05:10 AM
That was a funny vid.

Mosca
05-28-2008, 10:02 AM
Well, if I am not mistaken, he does have people on with opposing views, so at least someone gets to make their point even if he cuts them short the majority of the time. He is still much better than the likes of Obermeyer imo who I feel hate O'Reilly because O'Reilly crushes them in the ratings. Again, if there are any MAJOR issues you want to discuss with respect to O'Reilly's take on it, I would gladly discuss it with you. Taxes, Economy, Gas Prices, Illegal Immigrants, the war on terror, Education.... You can even pick the topic if you'd like and make your case for what you believe is wrong about his take.

What I can't stand, from either Obermeyer or O'Reilly, is their righteousness and their divisiveness. For me, it isn't whether or not I agree with them... it's that they shut off discussion. Opponents are invited on not to debate, but to act as foils. It is rare for anyone to get a point in edgewise in front of any of these pundits, be it O'Reilly, Franken, Obermeyer, Limbaugh, or any of them.

How am I going to come to terms with you if I don't LISTEN to you? How are we going to work together to make a better world if we don't see the hopes and fears that spawn each others' ideas? We are at a critical juncture in our nation's history, and I don't want it to be written that we died pointing fingers at each other.