PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Early Season Matchup!!!!

Elvis
05-18-2008, 07:02 PM
athttp://graphics.collegesports.com/graphics/teams/team-logo-usc.gif
Ohio State
Day: SaturdayDate: Sept. 13, 2008Location: L.A. ColiseumTime: 5:00 p.m. PT
http://m1.2mdn.net/viewad/817-grey.gif (http://ad.doubleclick.net/click;h=v8/36c4/0/0/%2a/v;44306;0-0;0;13676463;6-120/60;0/0/0;;~aopt=2/0/ff/0;~sscs=%3f)
Coverage

TV: ABC

Ohio State
BUCKEYES'
-VS-
Southern Cal
TROJANS

This should be an Awesome matchup very early in the College Football Season for 2008. There are so many NFL to Be Stars in this game it will be like a college all-star game.
I am very excited about my Tar-Heels and the progress they are gonna make in the 2nd season under Butch Davis as coach, but this game will definitely be worth watching.
:tt02:

Dino 6 Rings
05-19-2008, 12:12 PM
The season starts off with some nice games week 1.

Mich State at Cal should be a fun one to watch.

Alabama at Clemson, another good one for the first week.

Also, Illinois at Missouri and Colorado vs Colorado State, should keep my interest in the first weekend of College Ball. Last years Illinois vs Missouri game was one of the best games of the year.

Kentucky vs Louisville as well, got to love those early Rivalry Games.

Week 2 gives us Miami at Florida, G-Tech at BC, Oregon State at PSU, and Cincy at Oklahoma.

Week 3 it gets fun with OSU at USC, Michigan at Notre Dame, Georgia at South Carolina, Oregon at Purdue and Iowa State at Iowa.

revefsreleets
05-19-2008, 09:05 PM
OSU sucks, is overrated, slow and they lack talent. USC will win by 50.

Can't wait for the Bucks to get redemption on THE national stage.

Dino 6 Rings
05-20-2008, 11:08 AM

OSU's defense should be fast enough to prevent USC from scoring 50. Plus USC is putting a new QB into place who isn't the caliber of Lienert or Palmer. It should be a very good game. A lot like the early season Texas vs OSU games of a couple years ago. Winner will be ranked #1.

atlsteelers
05-20-2008, 11:26 AM

Have you not gotten blown out in the last two national championships? I am not sure you can be anymore exposed as a very good team in a below average conference.

Dino 6 Rings
05-20-2008, 11:41 AM
Have you not gotten blown out in the last two national championships? I am not sure you can be anymore exposed as a very good team in a below average conference.

I'm not an OSU fan by any means, but they are a very good team. I think a 45 day lay off and having to play the best team out of the SEC 2 years in a row may have contributed to their back to back national title losses. The Florida game was a case of being out coached, the LSU game was a case of running out of gas man for man and just being one notch below the caliber of LSU's talent.

However, I do believe that OSU was the 2nd best team in the nation for the last two years. Had they played anyone else, they would have one the Title. At least that's my opinion.

LETS GO PITT

revefsreleets
05-21-2008, 12:45 PM
OSU was rebuilding last year for this year, which is why al but one of their stud Junior's came back. They will be a force to be reckoned with, especially if Boeckman steps up his game.

atlsteelers
05-21-2008, 02:03 PM
i said that ohio state is a very good team. However, there is no way they were the second best team last year, thats why they finished sixth in the polls. A two loss team whipped them. I am glad that they are playing USC this year, thats proabally the only game that they will be the underdogs becuase other than wisconsin and a decent illinois they do not play anybody.

Dino 6 Rings
05-23-2008, 08:54 AM
i said that ohio state is a very good team. However, there is no way they were the second best team last year, thats why they finished sixth in the polls. A two loss team whipped them. I am glad that they are playing USC this year, thats proabally the only game that they will be the underdogs becuase other than wisconsin and a decent illinois they do not play anybody.

Who was better? A lost at home to Stanford USC Team? The Lost at Home to PITT WVU Team? Kansas? Missouri? Who was really better than OSU last year that should have played LSU?

Don't just say they weren't the 2nd best team without throwing out who you think should have been.

atlsteelers
05-23-2008, 02:01 PM
It should have been an all SEC championship between the dogs and the tigers. heck a one loss team from the big 12 should have gotten a chance to play before the perenial laughing stocks of the championship game got another chance. thats why the big ten and pac ten conferences voted down a playoff system, they are one horse conferences. i think if the pac 10 and big 10 continue to vote no on a playoff system the rest of the conferences should walk away from the current bcs and they can still have their rose bowl and the rest of the country can figure out who the national champs are through a playoff system.

How each conference fared during the 32 postseason games

Conference Schools Record Percentage
Sun Belt (1) Fla. Atlantic 1-0 1.000
MWC (5) AF,BYU,NM,TCU,Utah 4-1 .800
SEC (9) Ala,Ark,Aub,Fla,Ga,Ky,LSU,MissSt,Ten 7-2 .778
Pac-10 (6) ASU,Cal,Ore,OSU,UCLA,USC 4-2 .667
Big East (5) Cin,Rut,UConn,USF,WV 3-2 .600
Big 12 (8) CU,KU,Mis,OU,OSU,Tex,TexA&M,TT 5-3 .625
Big Ten (8) Ill,Ind,Mich,MichSt,OSU,PSU,Pur,Wis 3-5 .375
C-USA (6) EC,Hou,Mem,SMiss,Tul,UCF 2-4 .333
ACC (8) BC,Clem,FSU,GT,Mary,UVa.,VT,WF 2-6 .250
WAC (4) BSU,FresSt,Haw,Nev 1-3 .250
Independents (1) Navy 0-1 .000
MAC (3) BallSt,BG,CMich 0-3 .000

Jeremy
06-12-2008, 10:03 AM
It doesn't matter if Ohio State wins or loses that game. ESPN and their blind sheep followers will make sure that the Buckeyes are in a position to play in the MNC game come January the same way they were last season.

Dino 6 Rings
06-12-2008, 11:23 AM
Here's a good read for any SEC Fans: Sporting News

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=422378

1. Florida: Hawaii, Miami, Citadel, at Florida State
2. Tennessee: at UCLA, UAB, Northern Illinois, Wyoming
3. Georgia: Georgia Southern, Central Michigan, at Arizona State, Georgia Tech
4. South Carolina: North Carolina State, Wofford, UAB, at Clemson
5. Auburn: Louisiana-Monroe, Southern Miss, at West Virginia, Tennessee-Martin
6. Ole Miss: Memphis, at Wake Forest, Samford, Louisiana-Monroe
7. Arkansas: Western Illinois, Louisiana-Monroe, at Texas, Tulsa
8. Alabama: vs. Clemson, Tulane, Western Kentucky, Arkansas State
9. Mississippi State: at Louisiana Tech, Southeastern Louisiana, at Georgia Tech, Middle Tennessee.
10. Vanderbilt: at Miami (OH), Rice, Duke, at Wake Forest
11. LSU: Appalachian State, Troy, North Texas, Tulane
12. Kentucky: at Louisville, Norfolk State, Middle Tennessee, Western Kentucky
Quick observations:
• Louisiana-Monroe is a member of the SEC West by proxy. How's this for generating revenue: Get your butt handed to you three times, collect nearly $3 million. Unless, of course, Alabama is on the list. Then you get $800K and a nice win.
• Imagine if this season were earlier this decade, and look at Florida's schedule. Even with FSU and Miami's decline -- and Hawaii's natural regression this fall -- the Gators still have the league's toughest noncon schedule. Of course, it wouldn't be the SEC if a I-AA (Championship Subdivision) team weren't sprinkled in there somewhere.
• LSU and Kentucky should be embarrassed. Kentucky, to a point, is understandable: three gimme games are a must to reach bowl status. But LSU? Shameful.
Top five games: Georgia at Arizona State; Auburn at West Virginia; Alabama vs. Clemson (in Atlanta); Tennessee at UCLA; Arkansas at Texas.
Bottom five games: Citadel at Florida; Wofford at South Carolina; Tennessee-Martin at Auburn; Norfolk State at Kentucky; Southeastern Louisiana at Mississippi State.
Games against BCS schools: 15 (out of 48): 31 percent.

SEC, padding their schedules once again.

Jeremy
06-12-2008, 11:32 AM
Schedule padding accusations against the SEC?

The Big Ten has scheduled heavyweights such as Youngstown State, Coastal Carolina, Northern Iowa, and Illinois State.

Dino 6 Rings
06-12-2008, 11:58 AM
Schedule padding accusations against the SEC?

The Big Ten has scheduled heavyweights such as Youngstown State, Coastal Carolina, Northern Iowa, and Illinois State.

Haven't seen their breakdown yet, but OSU vs USC is a very Legit matchup and OSU vs Texas for a home and home 2 years ago was a great OCC schedule.

But yeah, I'll bash the SEC all day, every day. Playing the teams they play year in and year out with the OCC is ridiculous. What happens when they have to travel to another school in the BCS? They Get Smoked. Tennessee got crushed by Cal, Auburn lost at home to South Florida, Arkansas got waxed home and away by USC. Play someone legit on the road and then, maybe I'll be impressed. Playing the Title game in your back yard LSU doesn't impress me, not after 8 home games already.

Jeremy
06-12-2008, 12:01 PM
Michigan lost to Applachian State.

End of debate. The Big Ten is a joke.

Dino 6 Rings
06-12-2008, 12:02 PM
Michigan lost to Applachian State.

End of debate. The Big Ten is a joke.

Michigan was a joke, losing back to back to Ap State and Oregon...but they made up for it a little going on the road to punch Florida right in the face in a bowl game.

revefsreleets
06-12-2008, 03:10 PM
Great. Jeremy is back. Hurray. I was wondering why the mood of the board just turned suicidal...

As usual, facts trump miserable knee-jerk reactions

Big Ten OOC games in 08
Illinois plays Missouri
Iowa plays Pitt
Michigan plays Notre Dame
MSU plays Cal and Notre Dame
Northwestern plays Syracuse
OSU plays USC on the road
PSU plays Oregon State
Purdue plays Oregon and Notre Dame

HometownGal
06-12-2008, 03:29 PM
Romper, bomper, stomper BOO.

Please knock off the sh it before I boot YOU.

http://www.americandigest.org/mt-archives/rompermirror.jpg

Preacher
06-12-2008, 04:41 PM
Romper, bomper, stomper BOO.

Please knock off the sh it before I boot YOU.

http://www.americandigest.org/mt-archives/rompermirror.jpg

:rofl:

Abso-freaking-lutely hilarious.

Jeremy
06-12-2008, 04:51 PM
Great. Jeremy is back. Hurray. I was wondering why the mood of the board just turned suicidal...

As usual, facts trump miserable knee-jerk reactions

Big Ten OOC games in 08
Illinois plays Missouri
Iowa plays Pitt
Michigan plays Notre Dame
MSU plays Cal and Notre Dame
Northwestern plays Syracuse
OSU plays USC on the road
PSU plays Oregon State
Purdue plays Oregon and Notre Dame

Penn State plays Coastal Carolina.
Iowa plays Maine.
Illinois plays Eastern Illinois.
Ohio State plays Youngstown State.
Purdue plays Northern Colorado.
Indiana plays Western Kentucky and Murray State.
Northwestern plays Drake and Southern Illinois.

This is fun. :thumbsup:

revefsreleets
06-13-2008, 08:06 AM
And USC lost to Stanford, a MUCH worse team than Appy State. And look at the SEC creampuff schedule again, there, Happy.

Citadel, Tennesse-Martin, Louisiana Monroe, Wofford, Western Kentucky, Norfolk State, Southeastern Louisiana, North Texas.

Shameful ignorance to compare apples and apples and claim one apple is an orange.

Newsflash: Nobody missed you.

Jeremy
06-13-2008, 08:19 AM
And USC lost to Stanford, a MUCH worse team than Appy State. And look at the SEC creampuff schedule again, there, Happy.

Citadel, Tennesse-Martin, Louisiana Monroe, Wofford, Western Kentucky, Norfolk State, Southeastern Louisiana, North Texas.

Shameful ignorance to compare apples and apples and claim one apple is an orange.

Newsflash: Nobody missed you.

And nobody would miss you if you got hit by a bus on the way to work today ya jerk. It's a message board. You're one of those guys who takes these things way too freaking seriously.

I pointed out where the Big Ten pads their schedule and you just ignore it because you're a blind Big Ten homer. If that's how you want to do things, that's fine by me. Only an idiot thinks the Big Ten is even close to the SEC. Pick any stat you want, Top 10 finishes, Bowl wins, draft picks, national championships, etc and the SEC smokes your precious Big Ten time after time. Your blind ignorance in this matter just ruins your credibility, not that you had much after some of the other outrageous stuff you've posted.

revefsreleets
06-13-2008, 08:25 AM
Conference strength is cyclical, and everyone with a tenth of brain realizes that. If I was you, (and thank Christ I'm not!), this would be the point where I would whine and weep and cry to the mods about "how mean rev is being to me".

They ALL pad their schedule. You are the one somehow claiming that it's only the Big Ten who commits a sin by doing it.

Jeremy
06-13-2008, 08:31 AM
Conference strength is cyclical, and everyone with a tenth of brain realizes that. If I was you, (and thank Christ I'm not!), this would be the point where I would whine and weep and cry to the mods about "how mean rev is being to me".

They ALL pad their schedule. You are the one somehow claiming that it's only the Big Ten who commits a sin by doing it.

Being mean? Unless being stupid is being mean, I wouldn't say that. You're giving yourself way too much credit.

And as far as cyclical goes, a conference's strength is in it's coaches. Until the Big Ten can hire some decent coaches this side of Paterno and Tressel, they'll continue to suck hind teet behind the SEC and maybe even the ACC and PAC 10.

revefsreleets
06-13-2008, 08:36 AM
I'd LOVE to rip you up, and it'd be easy, but this is the newer, kindler gentler SF, and I don't need any more infractions (and do you really want another month vacation?), so I'm gonna take the high road and just leave this right where it's at.

TackleMeBen
06-13-2008, 11:55 AM
this is the michigan schedule for this upcoming season
Utah
Miami (Ohio)
Notre Dame
Wisconsin
Illinois
Toledo
Penn State
Michigan State
Purdue
Minnesota
Northwestern
Ohio State

Dino 6 Rings
06-13-2008, 12:17 PM
The SEC talks a great game, and on paper, they look great. But each year there are really only 2 teams from SEC that are "great" the others are all average and would be average in any other conference.

Last year, look at LSU closely. (I'm neither a 10 or SEC fan) so I'm objective on the matter as far as I'm concerned.

At Miss State (A dog in the conference) The QB for Miss State had 7 ints before being pulled, tough game.

Home against Va Tech (Va Tech, the shooting sent that program into a black cloud that it took weeks to get out of, Football was the last thing on their minds. Plus it was at LSU not at Va Tech. USC at least had the guts to play at Va Tech in their Title Season)

Middle Tennessee (Yawn)

South Carolina (pretty ok team, in conference game)

at Tulane (34-9, yeah that was close competition)

Florida (Again, home game, barely won. Florida also wasn't as good as people though as Michigan proved in the bowl)

At Kentucky (yawn, Kentucky is good every 5 years or so, and they LOST to Kentucky)

Auburn, (gutsy call late in the game to throw a pass deep on 4th won this game for LSU)

at Bama (Bama is still 2 years away from being viable in the SEC, and the LSU Defense let Bama score 34 points.)

Lousiana Tech (yawn)

at Ole Miss (Another SEC bottom feeder, basically their Indiana)

Home against Arkansas (Lost at home, to a team that had no passing game, and just lined up and ran and ran and ran and ran all day on that Dorsey punk)

37 day lay off, they beat OSU by 12 points in their own back yard. Play that game in the snow in Ohio and then see what happens.

I'm not Impressed at all by LSU's "winning season" last season.

HometownGal
06-13-2008, 12:21 PM
Jeremy, revs - just for you.

http://metaefficient.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/natural_pacifier_rubber.jpg

Don't thank me - it was nuthin. :flap:

but this is the newer, kindler gentler SF

No - this is the SF where members are welcomed and encouraged to debate without snide, childish and unnecessary remarks OUTSIDE of the BF. C'mon guys - give it a break will ya?

Dino 6 Rings
06-13-2008, 12:30 PM
No - this is the SF where members are welcomed and encouraged to debate without snide, childish and unnecessary remarks OUTSIDE of the BF. C'mon guys - give it a break will ya?

Oh, you mean like the post above where I point out LSU's schedule and lack of serious competition on it, and their 2 losses one at home, one to a dog of the conference and question the SEC getting so much "praise".

That type of lack of snideness.

Jeremy
06-13-2008, 03:44 PM
I'd LOVE to rip you up, and it'd be easy, but this is the newer, kindler gentler SF, and I don't need any more infractions (and do you really want another month vacation?), so I'm gonna take the high road and just leave this right where it's at.

Frankly I don't care if I banned for life.

Your arguments are weak and you've made some really outlandish statements in the past.

You have about as much credibility around here as I do, so maybe you should get down from your high horse.

Lord Stiller
06-13-2008, 03:46 PM
And as far as cyclical goes, a conference's strength is in it's coaches. Until the Big Ten can hire some decent coaches this side of Paterno and Tressel, they'll continue to suck hind teet behind the SEC and maybe even the ACC and PAC 10.

Big Ten is way better than the ACC

Usually the Big 10 is better than the Pac 10 but not last year

Big East sucks

Jeremy
06-13-2008, 03:54 PM
Big Ten is way better than the ACC

Usually the Big 10 is better than the Pac 10 but not last year

Big East sucks

Right now....sure. But what happens when Florida State and Miami get their programs turned around? How will the Big Ten be when Tiller leaves Purdue and Paterno leaves Penn State? How will those programs fare with new head coaches? Plus the jury is still out on Bielma at Wisconsin.

The fact is the Big Ten is always going to be Ohio State and Michigan and everyone else. On occasion Penn State, Iowa, or Wisconsin might put together a great run, but none of those teams perform year in and year out like Michigan and Ohio State.

HometownGal
06-13-2008, 03:55 PM
Oh, you mean like the post above where I point out LSU's schedule and lack of serious competition on it, and their 2 losses one at home, one to a dog of the conference and question the SEC getting so much "praise".

That type of lack of snideness.

Ah-hah! Trying to play coy are ya? :chuckle:

You know what I mean jellybean.

Jeremy - revs appears to want to let this go. Join him on the high road and please do the same. This flame throwing isn't serving any useful purpose.

Jeremy
06-13-2008, 04:01 PM
Ah-hah! Trying to play coy are ya? :chuckle:

You know what I mean jellybean.

Jeremy - revs appears to want to let this go. Join him on the high road and please do the same. This flame throwing isn't serving any useful purpose.

I agree......but I didn't start this.

The rule has always been that you can respond when crap is thrown your way. If that's not the way it is anymore, so be it.

Dino 6 Rings
06-13-2008, 04:28 PM
I take issue to the term, "The Big East Sucks"

Look at the OCC from last season shall we?

Week 1 Syracuse got destroyed by Pac 10 Washington. Ok, fair enough.
Week 2, Cincinnati beat the snot out of Pac 10 Oregon State.
Week 2, Iowa Big 10 slapped Syracuse around. Pretty sure Syracuse stinks, ok.
Week 2, South Florida beat Auburn SEC in Auburn. Huge win for the Big East.
Week 3, West Virginia beats up on their ACC Rival Maryland.
Week 3, Louisville loses to their SEC Rival Kentucky.
Week 3, Mich State Big 10 beats Pittsburgh in a close game.
Week 4, South Florida beats up ACC bottom feeder North Carolina.
Week 5, Rutgers loses to ACC Maryland.
Week 5, Pitt gets killed by ACC Virginia
Week 7, Pitt loses going for 2 and the win against Navy
Week 7, ACC Virginia barely beats Uconn
Week 8, West Virginia crushes SEC Miss State.
Bowls:
Rutgers won its bowl against Ball State
West Virginia won its bowl against Oklahoma
South Florida lost to Oregon, badly too.
Uconn lost to Wake Forest
Cincy won its bowl againt Southern Miss.

3-2 in Bowls. Not great, but not "Sucks" either. Their OCC they won some big games too. So "sucks" isn't an honest assessment of the Big East.

tony hipchest
06-13-2008, 04:28 PM
This flame throwing isn't serving any useful purpose.

:scratchchin:

Awesome Off Season Matchup!!!!

:boxing:

:popcorn:

j/k guys. anyways..... back to minding my own business. i normally dont even read this forum but my spidey sense alerted me to some action!

Dino 6 Rings
06-13-2008, 04:48 PM
Now, do the same for the SEC, lets see how it works out. I'm only putting on the list other "real" teams and not the Eastern Kentucky's of the world...lets go with the SEC OCS from 2007.
Week 1, Georgia beats Big 12 OK State pretty soundly
Week 1, Auburn beats up on Big 12 Kansas State
Week 1, Tennessee gets slapped around by Pac 10 Cal.
Week 2, Mississippi loses to Big 12 Missouri
Week 2, Auburn loses to Big East South Florida
Week 2, LSU beats ACC Va Tech.
Week 3, Kentucky beeats Big East Louisville
Week 5, Alabama loses to ACC Florida State
Week 8, Miss State loses to Big East West Virginia
Week 12, Alabama loses to Louisiana Monroe????
Week 13, Georgia crushes Georgia Teach ACC
Week 13, South Carolina loses to ACC Rival Clemson
Week 13, Vanderbilt loses to ACC Wake Forest
Week 13, Florida crushes ACC Rival Florida State

Bowls:
Miss State beats UCF. That's the university of Central Florida
Alabama beats Big 12 Colorado
Kentucky beats ACC Florida State
Auburn beats ACC Clemson
Tennessee beats Big 10 Wisconsin
Arkansas gets crushed by Big 12 Missouri
Florida loses to Big 10 Michigan
Georgia destroyes Hawaii...game never should have been played but alas...
LSU Beats big 10 Ohio State

7-2 in Bowl games, That's really good. SEC Did fantastic in the bowl games but their OCS during the season...not that impressive when really broken down. 6 wins 6 losses against other BCS Teams.

Dino 6 Rings
06-13-2008, 04:51 PM
I want to make it clear, I don't think the Big East is better than the SEC. I only argue that the SEC isn't as "great" as people say it is when really looked at objectively.

The Big 10 is not that great either, neither is the Pac 10 or ACC. The SEC is the best of all the BCS Conferences, but not that much better when its taken as a whole including its dogs, and its OCS loses. That's the point I'm trying to make with my break downs. Enjoy...

Gosh I can't wait til August.

HometownGal
06-13-2008, 05:02 PM
I agree......but I didn't start this.

The rule has always been that you can respond when crap is thrown your way. If that's not the way it is anymore, so be it.

Jeremy - we try to limit the flame-throwing to the BF. That hasn't changed.

revs said in his last post:

so I'm gonna take the high road and just leave this right where it's at.

Until he proves otherwise, I have to take him at his word here. Please don't throw any gasoline on a flickering flame.

revefsreleets
06-14-2008, 08:01 AM
Just the facts, ma'am:

EVERY major program pads it's early season schedule. EVERY SINGLE ONE. And without a preseason, why wouldn't/shouldn't they? The REAL reason Michigan lost to Appy State is the Wolverines took a quality opponent far too lightly. That could have happened to any number of other teams from other conferences, including the SEC. Singling out one conference or team is ludicrous.

Ohio State is the single WORST example in the country to try and call out, as they have scheduled at least one major home/away OOC game every year from like 2000-2020. They've made it quite clear that they will play any team, any time, anywhere. They have asked teams like Florida and Alabama for home/away series, and been denied.

I'm trying my hardest to keep this based on the original gist of the post, plus defending my team/conference from strange attacks that make no sense and are based on bias and prejudice.

Dino 6 Rings
06-16-2008, 12:59 PM
I agree Revs, all the conferences do it, and Ap State was the 2 or 3 time defending Div II school when they played Mich and ran that spread offense that unless you see it often, you aren't ready to play against.

I only comment on the SEC love fest and how over hyped it really is. I don't think any Div II schools should be on the schedule of any team that considers itself a "national title contender" if you are a struggling program, yes, you can schedule one Div II school to help build your program, but for any Legit Team, like Auburn, to schedule the Citidel, well that's a joke. Play Div I schools at least, even if its Temple or Buffalo, but not Coastal Carolina or Richmond. Please.

revefsreleets
06-16-2008, 06:18 PM
Point of clarification: Ohio State has NEVER played a D-1AA school (or whatever they are called now) prior to YSU, and they will never play another after this series is over. This was a gift from Tressel to his old program. OSU decided to keep all the revenue in-state that they could, so they play one Ohio MAC team a year now as well.

Just ask Penn State how big a "joke" MAC teams are...or, maybe you'd better ask Toledo, since the Rockets beat the Lions 24-6 in Happy Valley September 2, 2000.

TackleMeBen
06-16-2008, 06:23 PM
michigan has to play miami-ohio this upcoming season... so michigan will get to see how well the MAC is.

SteelCityMan786
06-16-2008, 07:53 PM
Point of clarification: Ohio State has NEVER played a D-1AA school (or whatever they are called now) prior to YSU, and they will never play another after this series is over. This was a gift from Tressel to his old program. OSU decided to keep all the revenue in-state that they could, so they play one Ohio MAC team a year now as well.

Just ask Penn State how big a "joke" MAC teams are...or, maybe you'd better ask Toledo, since the Rockets beat the Lions 24-6 in Happy Valley September 2, 2000.

At least Penn State hasn't lost to a I-AA team as of late.

TackleMeBen
06-16-2008, 08:14 PM
At least Penn State hasn't lost to a I-AA team as of late.
that is only because you are too scared to schedule them..lol :wink02:

Dino 6 Rings
06-17-2008, 09:38 AM

actually, now they schedule a lower division team every single year now. Coastal Carolina this season plus Temple.

TackleMeBen
06-17-2008, 09:42 AM
actually, now they schedule a lower division team every single year now. Coastal Carolina this season plus Temple.
i was picking on steelman.. we rag each other about our college teams :chuckle:. his sucks, mine dont:wink02:

Dino 6 Rings
06-17-2008, 10:41 AM
i was picking on steelman.. we rag each other about our college teams :chuckle:. his sucks, mine dont:wink02:

Oh, I agree with you, his college team does indeed suck

:flap:

TackleMeBen
06-17-2008, 10:49 AM

lol... yeah they do...
but you know i still love ya steelman.. i will convert you yet to a wolverine fan.:wink02:

SteelCityMan786
06-17-2008, 03:23 PM

When did Pitt actually do better then Penn State last? Oh yeah, that was when Walt Harris was coach

When was the last time Michigan won the Big Ten even if they tied for it and were the majority share holder of it. Sure was long before Penn State was. Yeah might I add when did Penn State last lose a Bowl Game? Sure, a few bumps in the road come along every once in awhile

lol... yeah they do...
but you know i still love ya steelman.. i will convert you yet to a wolverine fan.:wink02:

Oh Please, the only time(s) I can manage to cheer for Michigan and not puke is when they play Notre Dame and Ohio State.

And I'm actually very angry about that to. The only reason we scheduled Coastal Carolina in the first place was because of the fact someone in their athletic department is a PSU Alum.

SteelCityMan786
06-17-2008, 03:24 PM

2006 Penn State Crushed Youngstown State 38-3. any questions???

Dino 6 Rings
06-18-2008, 09:31 AM
2006 Penn State Crushed Youngstown State 38-3. any questions???

really though, is that reason to brag?

revefsreleets
06-18-2008, 09:45 AM
IMO, it is shameful for any perennial potential top 25 team with NC aspirations to schedule 1-AA teams unless there is a really valid reason. I think Florida HAD to do ita few years ago because there was literally no other team available, and obviously as pointed out, the Bucks tossing the Penguins a bone as a "Thank you" from Tressel. Those are the very rare exceptions, though...

SteelCityMan786
06-18-2008, 10:31 AM
IMO, it is shameful for any perennial potential top 25 team with NC aspirations to schedule 1-AA teams unless there is a really valid reason. I think Florida HAD to do ita few years ago because there was literally no other team available, and obviously as pointed out, the Bucks tossing the Penguins a bone as a "Thank you" from Tressel. Those are the very rare exceptions, though...

Penn State had to schedule Youngstown State in 2006 because La. Tech dropped out at the last second due to the fact that their league expanded and also because of the fact that there scheduling format changed.

This year we have thrown bone like Ohio State did to Youngstown State. Coastal Carolina's AD if I'm not mistaken, is a Penn State Alum. Though I do not understand why we have Eastern Illinois or Youngstown State coming up down the line.

BRING BACK PITT vs. PENN STATE. Hell, schedule some other games that are more respectable.

SteelCityMan786
06-18-2008, 10:31 AM
really though, is that reason to brag?

Just a word of note that we are not afraid to play them when we have to.

TackleMeBen
06-18-2008, 11:03 AM
well michigan is playing miami-ohio this season.. so that says something.. hopefully they wont take them too lightly like they did with appy state

Dino 6 Rings
06-18-2008, 11:33 AM
I'm not a buckeye fan, but in their defense:
They have signed the following games so far:
home and home with Miami Fla, 2010, 2011
home and home with Cal, 2012, 2013
home and home with Va Tech, 2014, 2015
home and home with Oklahoma, 2016, 2017
home and home with Tennessee, 2018, 2019

They are trying to build out of conference matchups. Now they need to stop with the Akrons and Toledos for a while.

revefsreleets
06-18-2008, 11:40 AM
I'm not a buckeye fan, but in their defense:
They have signed the following games so far:
home and home with Miami Fla, 2010, 2011
home and home with Cal, 2012, 2013
home and home with Va Tech, 2014, 2015
home and home with Oklahoma, 2016, 2017
home and home with Tennessee, 2018, 2019

They are trying to build out of conference matchups. Now they need to stop with the Akrons and Toledos for a while.
USC is next two years. They've also played Texas, Washington State in '02 (When WSU was ranked #7), they played Washington and NC State in 03, NCST and Oklahoma St in 04, and they have a few other major ooc games in the works. They do not shy away from big games early in the season.

And, as I've clearly stated before, they play in-state teams to keep the revenue in Ohio. Miami and especially Cincinnati are certainly not creampuffs. That won't change, nor should it.

Dino 6 Rings
06-18-2008, 11:42 AM
I especially like the home game against Texas where Limas Sweed catches a TD pass. its on the Youtube highlights for Limas. nice catch, beat two buckeyes to the endzone.