PDA

View Full Version : STEELERS IN MEMPHIS, TN!!!

memphissteelergirl
05-19-2008, 09:36 AM
Yes, ladies and gentleman, there were several Steelers right here in M-town last Friday! I'm talkin' Hines Ward, Willie Parker, Santonio Holmes, Deshea Townsend, Ike Taylor and yes, even Joey Porter (OK, so technically he's not a Steeler anymore, but hey, we all still consider him one, right? :wink02:)

OK, so here's the deal....I got an email from a lady in the local Steeler club (of which I am a member) saying that there were going to be some Steelers in town for some local charity golf event in MS that Deshea sponsors every year. I'm thinking "great, but why haven't I heard anything in the local news about it?" I knew she would not send any false information knowingly. So I figured I would go to the local sports bar where this was supposed to be happening, a camera, my SBXL Terrible Towel, and a Sharpie discreetly tucked into my tote bag just in case (hey I did not want to look like a dork if this did not happen). Well I got there and there was indeed a banner hanging above the entrance. I saw a lot of familiar faces from the club there and I sat with them for a drink.

They were supposed to be arriving at the bar around 7:00 p.m. Well the time had come and gone and we were all getting more than a little antsy. The waitress serving our table assured us they were just running a bit behind schedule and would be arriving soon. When they (the staff) got the word they were on the way, we were instructed to move into one of the large pool rooms in the back where they would be signing autographs. Well, long story short, they did arrive. And I still cannot believe I was standing only six feet away from my heroes. Now anyone who knows me knows I am not easily starstruck, but this time I was!! I even got a picture with Peezy! Got several autographs on my TT, too!! :tt02::tt02:

I will try to post some pictures soon...I only had a disposable camera so I will see if I can get the pictures on a CD-ROM and try to get them on that way!!

All I can say is WOW!!

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-19-2008, 09:52 AM
Yes, ladies and gentleman, there were several Steelers right here in M-town last Friday! I'm talkin' Hines Ward, Willie Parker, Santonio Holmes, Deshea Townsend, Ike Taylor and yes, even Joey Porter (OK, so technically he's not a Steeler anymore, but hey, we all still consider him one, right? :wink02:)

OK, so here's the deal....I got an email from a lady in the local Steeler club (of which I am a member) saying that there were going to be some Steelers in town for some local charity golf event in MS that Deshea sponsors every year. I'm thinking "great, but why haven't I heard anything in the local news about it?" I knew she would not send any false information knowingly. So I figured I would go to the local sports bar where this was supposed to be happening, a camera, my SBXL Terrible Towel, and a Sharpie discreetly tucked into my tote bag just in case (hey I did not want to look like a dork if this did not happen). Well I got there and there was indeed a banner hanging above the entrance. I saw a lot of familiar faces from the club there and I sat with them for a drink.

They were supposed to be arriving at the bar around 7:00 p.m. Well the time had come and gone and we were all getting more than a little antsy. The waitress serving our table assured us they were just running a bit behind schedule and would be arriving soon. When they (the staff) got the word they were on the way, we were instructed to move into one of the large pool rooms in the back where they would be signing autographs. Well, long story short, they did arrive. And I still cannot believe I was standing only six feet away from my heroes. Now anyone who knows me knows I am not easily starstruck, but this time I was!! I even got a picture with Peezy! Got several autographs on my TT, too!! :tt02::tt02:

I will try to post some pictures soon...I only had a disposable camera so I will see if I can get the pictures on a CD-ROM and try to get them on that way!!

All I can say is WOW!!

Too cool...I can tell your still excited!!!:thumbsup:
cant wait to see the pics!

memphissteelergirl
05-19-2008, 09:59 AM
Yeah, it was definitely an experience...but man try getting an autograph in that scrum!! LOL! I just had my TT for them to autograph...folks had shoes, jerseys, TT's, footballs, helmets! Like I said...it was a scrum! But hey, how many chances do we get in this part of the country to see our guys in person? :wink02:

Steely_J
05-19-2008, 09:07 PM
By any chance, at the bar, did some Bengals fan get up and yell something along the lines of:

"Who Dey ........ Who Dey" "Cincinnati, 2008 AFC North Champs, write it down, it is going to happen."

Just curious.

memphissteelergirl
05-20-2008, 09:05 AM
By any chance, at the bar, did some Bengals fan get up and yell something along the lines of:

"Who Dey ........ Who Dey" "Cincinnati, 2008 AFC North Champs, write it down, it is going to happen."

Just curious.

LOL...Uh, no...there were no Clowns or Bungles fans there to speak of (none that would admit it anyway).

Steely_J
05-20-2008, 09:43 AM
LOL... That's what I thought! :rofl:

There's a noob on the Bengals forums who painted a nice fictional story of him being some kind of super-star in the midst of a bunch of Steeler fans that night. I'd post a link but it seems I need more posts to do that. :noidea:

Anyways.. it sounds like you had a great time. When you gonna post some pics?

JS-Steelerfan
05-20-2008, 02:27 PM
LOL... That's what I thought! :rofl:

There's a noob on the Bengals forums who painted a nice fictional story of him being some kind of super-star in the midst of a bunch of Steeler fans that night. I'd post a link but it seems I need more posts to do that. :noidea:

Anyways.. it sounds like you had a great time. When you gonna post some pics?

Hey Steely ... maybe you can't post a link, but I'm guessing you can at least post the URL for people to copy and paste ...

boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=19849

BettisFan
05-20-2008, 02:48 PM
That tight man not all the time a steeler fan in memphis gets to see the steelers in person!

memphissteelergirl
05-20-2008, 04:22 PM
Hey, I just read that jackass' post....he's lying. :bs:

In the first place, Memphis does NOT bleed orange and black....sadly, there are more Cryboys and Titans fans here than anything else. But the Steeler faithful are more than visible here.

Second, there was no "WHO DEY" cries going on when I was there anyway....prolly when I left. And even if he did, he just did it to get attention, and was prompty ignored as he should have been. :shake01:

Steely_J
05-20-2008, 05:39 PM
Hey Steely ... maybe you can't post a link, but I'm guessing you can at least post the URL for people to copy and paste ...

boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=19849

That's true. I just like posting with style.

I'll just have to get my post count up. Wonder if I can do that... :D

Hey, I just read that jackass' post....he's lying. :bs:

In the first place, Memphis does NOT bleed orange and black....sadly, there are more Cryboys and Titans fans here than anything else. But the Steeler faithful are more than visible here.

Second, there was no "WHO DEY" cries going on when I was there anyway....prolly when I left. And even if he did, he just did it to get attention, and was prompty ignored as he should have been. :shake01:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he didn't... and if he did.. I'm sure it didn't play out the way he said it. Prolly yelled "Who Dey" and ran like a little beoytch. :applaudit: