PDA

View Full Version : Some interesting facts about Iraq, the Bible, and Koran

steelwall
05-19-2008, 10:04 PM
VERY INTERESTING-
1. The Garden of Eden was in Iraq

2. Mesopotamia, which is now Iraq , was the cradle of civilization!

3. Noah built the ark in Iraq

4. The Tower of Babel was in Iraq

5. Abraham was from Ur, which is in Southern Iraq !

6. Isaac's wife Rebekah is from Nahor, which is in Iraq !

7. Jacob met Rachel in Iraq

8. Jonah preached in Nineveh - which is in Iraq

9. Assyria, which is in Iraq, conquered the ten tribes of Israel

10. Amos cried out in Iraq !

11 Babylon , which is in Iraq , destroyed Jerusalem

12. Daniel was in the lion's den in Iraq !

13. The three Hebrew children we re in the fire in Iraq (Jesus had been in Iraq also as the fourth person in the Fiery Furnace!)

14. Belshazzar, the King of Babylon saw the 'writing on the wall' in Iraq

15. Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, carried the Jews captive into Iraq

16. Ezekiel preached in Iraq .

17. The wise men were from Iraq .

18. Peter preached in Iraq

19. The 'Empire of Man' described in Revelation is called Babylon , which was a city in Iraq !

And you have probably seen this one: Israel is the nation most often mentioned in the Bible.
But do you know which nation is second?
It is Iraq
However, that is not the name that is used in the Bible.

The names used in the Bible are Babylon , Land of Shinar , and Mesopotamia . The word Mesopotamia means between the two rivers, more exactly between the Tigris
And Euphrates Rivers ...

The name Iraq , means country with deep roots.

Indeed Iraq is a country with deep roots and is a very significant country in the Bible.

No other nation, except Israel , has more history and prophecy associated
With it than Iraq

And also, This is something to think about: Since America is typically represented by an eagle.

Saddam should have read up on his Muslim passages...

The following verse is from the Koran, (the Islamic Bible)

Koran ( 9:11 ) - For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah;
And there was peace.
(Note the verse number!)

Prayes go out to our troops there....

SteelersMongol
05-20-2008, 02:38 AM
It is interesting. Thanks 4 sharing.

TroysBadDawg
05-20-2008, 08:23 AM
Thanks for sharing, maybe some politicians should also read it.

Cherinko
05-20-2008, 10:14 AM
Koran ( 9:11 ) - For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah;
And there was peace.

Interesting things, but that's a hoax.

steelwall
05-20-2008, 10:32 PM
Interesting things, but that's a hoax.

Perhaps, but I have read conflicting reports on this passage, but take note of this...

The "Tafsir-i-Azizi" explains three kinds of abrogations (=cancellations):
i) where a verse has been removed from the Koran and another given in its place;
ii) where the injunction (command) is abrogated and the letters of the verse remain; !
iii) where both the verse and its injunction are removed from the text
Jalalu'd-Din, says that the number of abrogated verses has been variously estimated to range from 5 to 500 ("Dictionary of Islam", page 520)
In his 'Itqan' he furnished a list of 20 verses, which are acknowledged by all commentators to be abrogated ("Dictionary of Islam", page 520).

Galax Steeler
05-21-2008, 04:21 AM
Wow some interesting reading thanks for sharing.

AFC
05-21-2008, 03:31 PM
No, that passage has NEVER been in the Qur'an; it has not been "abrogated" because it has never been in there. Notice the number "9:11". This made-up verse has been used in various September 11 hoaxes on the Net.

Also, there is nothing that indicates that the Middle-East will be Christianized and thus "saved", if that is what you are subtly implying? The sanctions during the 90s were a humanitarian travesty, and the invasion has only emphasized the horror which is Iraq today. I doubt any Christian "Eagle" will change that, since this Eagle has been a major cause of the situation in Iraq for about 20 years.

VTsteel
05-21-2008, 03:56 PM
. . . since this Eagle has been a major cause of the situation in Iraq for about 20 years.

We were the ones who put Saddam Hussein in power . . . it's true.

"Various U.S. diplomats and intelligence officials have asserted that Saddam was strongly linked with the CIA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA), and that U.S. intelligence, under President John F. Kennedy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_F._Kennedy), helped Saddam's party seize power (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saddam_Hussein_-_United_States_relations#Coup_against_Qassim) for the first time in 1963. [15] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saddam_Hussein#cite_note-14) [16] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saddam_Hussein#cite_note-UPI-15)"

ShutDown24
05-21-2008, 05:28 PM
Since when did we find out the Garden of Eden was in Iraq? I missed out on that one. Last 'search' I saw for it couldn't narrow it down to anything more specific than the middle east.

millwalldavey
05-21-2008, 05:32 PM
We were the ones who put Saddam Hussein in power . . . it's true.

True... and his biggest enemy in the "war on terror" Donald Rumsfeld was his bestest buddy during the Iran conflict. We gave him a lot of the technology we now say other governments should not posess.

Some days i think GW's only real fault was the filth he surrounded himself with in his Presidency.

steelwall
05-21-2008, 05:40 PM
I never implied the middle east will be Christianized, thats rediculous, the passage simply states peace will be brout to the region.

And no we did not put Saddam in power he killed his rival and gained power, but true we did support Iraq whe we had our conflict with Iran.

Preacher
05-21-2008, 06:03 PM
but true we did support Iraq whe we had our conflict with Iran.

When you have two snakes fighting... you help the one that hasn't been eying your children....

Iran had US hostages. Of COURSE we back Iraq in that war. Same way we backed Russia against Germany.

And if I could go back to Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan.. I would tell them to back Iraq AGAIN... because at that time, Iran was the bigger threat.

steelwall
05-21-2008, 06:04 PM
When you have two snakes fighting... you help the one that hasn't been eying your children....

Iran had US hostages. Of COURSE we back Iraq in that war. Same way we backed Russia against Germany.

And if I could go back to Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan.. I would tell them to back Iraq AGAIN... because at that time, Iran was the bigger threat.

Absolutly....

Godfather
05-21-2008, 10:17 PM
Since when did we find out the Garden of Eden was in Iraq? I missed out on that one. Last 'search' I saw for it couldn't narrow it down to anything more specific than the middle east.

I believe the Tigris and Euphrates flowed north out of the Garden, which would place it in Iraq.

Although I think Assyria was at least partially in other present-day countries.

steelwall
05-21-2008, 11:22 PM
No, that passage has NEVER been in the Qur'an; it has not been "abrogated" because it has never been in there. .

And I suppose you know this how?

The sanctions during the 90s were a humanitarian travesty, and the invasion has only emphasized the horror which is Iraq today. I doubt any Christian "Eagle" will change that, since this Eagle has been a major cause of the situation in Iraq for about 20 years.

And I suppose Saddams killing of untold thousands, and the gasing of the Kurds, killing women and children was not a travesty? Regardless of what you may think and what the media has spoon fed you I know first hand we have done some good there. We removed a ruthless tyrant who had every chance to avoid war. Had he not been a coward and turned himself in as the final request before the invasion (which we let Iraq know our intentions, which most countries would not) the war could have been averted.

Did you happen to catch the video of Saddam taking his political rivals out from their congressional (or whatever meeting) and having them executed on the spot.... I did.

How about asking Kuwaitis if they are thankfull for our presence. The current situation may seem bleak, but progress is being made. I allso feel I should mention I am still in contact with good friends serving in Iraq, they tell me that 75% of the "insurgents" they are fighting against are not Iraqis.

Past 20 years huh? Lets think of the scenerio without US invovlement in the last 20 years in the middle east. Iran would likely control Iraq, and have an active nucklear arsenal. Israel would not exist under the current rule. Had Saddam somehow manage to fend off Iran neighboring countries such as Kuwait would be under Iraqi rule.

Considering what Saddam did to his own people I'd say he would have had no qaurlms with killing any foreigners from neigboring countires that dared to undermind or defy him.

Iraq or Iran would probably have a monoply on mid-east oil, and would certainly use it for their benifit. (blackmail comes to mind)

As much as I disagree with much of President Bush's foreign policy, we did take the fight to the enemy, which IMO is why a 2nd 9/11 has not happened since. Being an x soldier and serving in Afganistan, I can tell you we toke great measures to reduce the loss of civilian lives(often putting our own selves in harms way), and many Afgans were happy to join arms with us against the Taliban rule.

I was there my friend, were you?

Dino 6 Rings
05-22-2008, 08:33 AM
Ah, the Mideast, that hotbad of clear thinking and peaceful co-existance. How I love to talk about the Arabs, Persians, Ottamans and Israelites and their years of godly love for one another.