PDA

View Full Version : Cool Video of our K9

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-20-2008, 08:30 AM
Very cool video of "Rico"...our psycho K9....I laugh every time I see him go airborne to take out the "bad guy"...(notice when our K9 officer pulls him off...Rico takes one last bite...for good measure...:sofunny:)

http://www.npd.org/PatrolDivision/Canine.asp

klick81
05-20-2008, 10:16 AM
That dog loves his job.

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-20-2008, 10:41 AM
That dog loves his job.

I've seen him rock the car so bad...it looks like the Velociraptor cage from Jurassic Park!!!!!

Very cool dog...thugs should see that video before they commit a crime.

HometownGal
05-20-2008, 11:38 AM
He is absolutely beautiful and is one hard-a$$ed pup! :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing the video, LLT - I really enjoyed it! :drink:

TroysBadDawg
05-20-2008, 11:49 AM
Unfortunately American trained police dogs do not come off the bite when called off like European trained KNPV dogs. I owned one and know from experience.

A tough lawyer could possiblly get money out of the department for excessive force by the dog if they see the video. And the perp has multiple bites and testifies the dog was called off but continued to bite.

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-20-2008, 11:54 AM
Unfortunately American trained police dogs do not come off the bite when called off like European trained KNPV dogs. I owned one and know from experience.

A tough lawyer could possiblly get money out of the department for excessive force by the dog if they see the video. And the perp has multiple bites and testifies the dog was called off but continued to bite.

I can just about promise you that If an armed subject took a shot with a gun (as the bad guy does in the video)...the state would argue that deadly force COULD have been used and the perp was lucky to walk away with his nuts intact.

(Rico was tained and flown in from Belgium)

TroysBadDawg
05-20-2008, 12:38 PM
But is he KNPV? Not trying to pick on your dog mind you, just asking why he doesn't release when called off. Mine was trained to release when called off the bite then either guard or return when on duty. IF guarding and the perp would attempt to flee they would be dog food. Beside dog food is expensive, ask them to run.

I had and still have the sign that was on my front door. "Salesman welcome, dog food is expensive" Maybe I should send it to you?

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-20-2008, 12:50 PM
But is he KNPV?

....what does that have to do with your incorrect statement

1) Not an "american" trained dog
2) No lawyer would get a dime for the scenerio you talked about.

I think He is actually BYFNO

TroysBadDawg
05-20-2008, 01:15 PM
....what does that have to do with your incorrect statement

1) Not an "american" trained dog
2) No lawyer would get a dime for the scenerio you talked about.

I think He is actually BYFNO

I am not trying to get into a pissing contest with you, I just asked you a question. If you do not know what KNPV is it is Koninklijke Nederlandse Politiehond Vereniging aka Royal Dutch Police Dog

Sorry for the trouble.

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-20-2008, 01:22 PM
I am not trying to get into a pissing contest with you, I just asked you a question. If you do not know what KNPV is it is Koninklijke Nederlandse Politiehond Vereniging aka Royal Dutch Police Dog

Sorry for the trouble.

Not a pissing contest..but I do have to correct you in implying that a police department would lose a law suit in which a perp shot at an officer and the dog used "excessive force"...thats just bad information.

TroysBadDawg
05-20-2008, 05:46 PM
Not a pissing contest..but I do have to correct you in implying that a police department would lose a law suit in which a perp shot at an officer and the dog used "excessive force"...thats just bad information.

It has happened here in Ohio, that is why I said it. Not bad info, just different rules in different states I guess.

We tried to get a law passed in Ohio protecting disabled from tort if thier Assistance dog bit in defense of the owner, itself, or anybody in the care of custody of the owner. ie child, wife, girlfriend, blind person at a ATM. Ed Caspucus the head of the legislative committee would not allow it out of committee saying it was a bad law.
He is a lawyer from Cleveland that handles dog bite cases.

It took us two years to get the law through his committee protecting Fireman, Paramedics, Police Dogs and Handicap Assistance Dogs.

Galax Steeler
05-21-2008, 04:10 AM
I don't see no problem with the extra bites if someone is dumb enough to commit a crime then they should be man enough to take the bite.

TroysBadDawg
05-21-2008, 09:09 AM
It was equated at the trial as if an officer who once subdued a suspected lawbreaker (remember we are all innocent until proven guilty in a trail by our piers or some such)
Then went on to beat him. See Rodney King.

Once a subject is down and subdued, the extra bites were looked at as excessive and the Police Dog was ruled out of control, and the department was also held for not providing proper training for the dog. The Police dog was trained outside of the department then purchased, it was ruled that the department did not provide adequate continued training for the animal.

That was one case I remember because it still is stopping us fropm passing a law that a service dog is allowed to bite in defense of itself, it's owner, or anyone in the owners care and custody. ie family, girlfriend, child you are watching. Or worse a blind person being attack whether at a ATM or on the street, the dog can not bite them or the dog owner can be sued.

IF your rich and hire a body guard, someone attacks you or you family, girlfriend, or someone your watching the body guard is protected by law. But not your Handicap Assistance Dog. Guess they just want the Handicap to stay indoors and not do anything and depend on handouts, which is BS.

I am sorry but this is a very touchy area for me, as a Disability Advocate now I have seen two unsighted people sued when their sight dog bit the person who was trying to mug them. One dog was ordered destroyed as being vicious, it never bit anyone before and did hospital visits to children's hospitals with the unsighted person. (just gotta love the justice system) All I tried to say was I thought the extra bites in sight of what I am now fighting for were unnecessary and could lead to a law suit.

Not all jurists see life as common people and how it is presented by lawyers is also different. It can be twisted to meet the ends.

Like the thief who accidentally locked himself in the garage of the house he was robbing and had to eat dog food and soda which of course wasn't his and he had no permission to consume. He sued the family for false imprisonment and won. He now owns the house he was robbing. Is that right? NO! but that is how the judicial system is now working. Look at the prisoner in state prison who just sued the state for depriving him of his lively hood robbing people. Yes it got to court before it was thrown out. Something is definitely wrong and we sit by and keep reelecting the same judges to the bench.

One last example: Our house was robbed, 35,000 in Jewelry and money was taken, plus all my pain meds and prescriptions. The person then went to the local drug store and filled the prescriptions saying she was my home health care provider. It was filled under my insurance, 980.00 worth (we have a 1 mil life time pay out) I was in the Cleveland Clinic at the time having 57% of the Left Ventrical removed. That had her on Video tape at the pharmacy filling the prescriptions all pain meds, for the surgery. IT ended up 9 federal drug charges against her.
The same day a girls stole the judges daughters check book and wrote a check on it for 56.00 and forged her name.
Now who gets the most time? The checkbook person got 9 years in prison, the person who stole from us got 9 months, with no restitution ordered.
Judge said she was sick and needed help, she has a rap sheet for drugs, prostitution, burglary, position of drug for sale and sale of drugs 4 pages long, she is sick though.
There are still warrants out for her in Cincinnati and Dayton for Burglary, drugs and sale of drugs plus prostitution. GO figure.

I am done with this thread it is to depressing to me.