PDA

View Full Version : I went to Dallas Cowboy's stadium

tony hipchest
05-22-2008, 08:35 PM
so after driving downtown to Dealy plaza and standing on the grassy knoll, we decided to take a drive by Irving stadium.

on behalf of all my friends at SF (and steeler nation as a whole) i pissed on the mf'er.

immature? yes.

slightly illegal? absolutely.

well worth the risk and gratifying as well? you bet.

ok, it wont go down in lore like ozzy at the alamo, and it wasnt exactly on the facade of the structure. we pulled off of the highway on the backside of the bldg, and under the guise of getting close to snap a few cellphone photos, i trecked across the empty parking lot to one of the chain linked entry gates.

:monkey: :applaudit: :thumbsup:

oh, and to be at the site where kennedy was assassinated was definitely breathtaking and gave me goosebumps. it is surreal how it takes you back in time and really solidifies the reality of the matter. standing on the grassy knoll behind the wooden fence was quite a trip.

also standing on the white "X" in the middle of the road (where the 1st bullet struck the president), looking up into the 6th story window is undescribable. and seeing the 2nd "X" where his soul expired, and the national landmark plaque rested besides the sidewalk like a gravestone was chilling.

no matter what you believe, its hard to think something like that could happen in front of the whole world to see.

fansince'76
05-22-2008, 08:39 PM
so after driving downtown to Dealy plaza and standing on the grassy knoll, we decided to take a drive by Irving stadium.

on behalf of all my friends at SF (and steeler nation as a whole) i pissed on the mf'er.

immature? yes.

ok, it wont go down in lore like ozzy at the alamo, and it wasnt exactly on the facade of the structure. we pulled off of the highway on the backside of the bldg, and under the guise of getting close to snap a few cellphone photos, i trecked across the empty parking lot to one of the chain linked entry gates.

Why did the old memory of Billy Carter whizzing in public suddenly come to mind? :monkey: :salute: :usa:

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

NJarhead
05-22-2008, 08:43 PM

immature? yes.

:monkey: :applaudit: :thumbsup:

oh, and to be at the site where kennedy was assassinated was definitely breathtaking and gave me goosebumps. it is surreal how it takes you back in time and really solidifies the reality of the matter. standing on the grassy knoll behind the wooden fence was quite a trip.

also standing on the white "X" in the middle of the road (where the 1st bullet struck the president), looking up into the 6th story window is undescribable. and seeing the 2nd "X" where his soul expired, and the national landmark plaque rested besides the sidewalk like a gravestone was chilling.

no matter what you believe, its hard to think something like that could happen in front of the whole world to see.

I went there once....why the heck didn't I think of that????

Dealy was something. Hasn't changed (at least up to 1993) since the assassination. I was all over that place "investigating." Dallas looks pretty cool at night, eh?

tony hipchest
05-22-2008, 09:02 PM
I went there once....why the heck didn't I think of that????

Dealy was something. Hasn't changed (at least up to 1993) since the assassination. I was all over that place "investigating." Dallas looks pretty cool at night, eh?actually we stayed uptown in addington(?) and i didnt get to see the nighttime skyline which was kinda disappointing. we were at the bookstore museum after closing (6pm) and tipped some bum looking dude for his quicky freelance "conspiracy tour" of the outside area.

he was going home, didnt want to leave us hanging, said we didnt have to pay, but that this was how he "fed his family" (sounded like latrell spreewell or terrell owens).
he was knowledgable, and defended oswald as a scapegoat. made a helluva lot of sense.

we drove to "deep ellum" downtown to see if we were gonna go clubbing. talk about a dive. most of the bars have been zoned out and closed, and definitely looks like a place you are likely get shot or mugged.

no thanks.

so yeah, we hit the stadium at sunset and missed the nightime skyline.

Crushzilla
05-22-2008, 09:03 PM
Absolutely ridiculous, Tony...

I love it.

NJarhead
05-22-2008, 09:10 PM
actually we stayed uptown in addington(?) and i didnt get to see the nighttime skyline which was kinda disappointing. we were at the bookstore museum after closing (6pm) and tipped some bum looking dude for his quicky freelance "conspiracy tour" of the outside area.

he was going home, didnt want to leave us hanging, said we didnt have to pay, but that this was how he "fed his family" (sounded like latrell spreewell or terrell owens).
he was knowledgable, and defended oswald as a scapegoat. made a helluva lot of sense.

we drove to "deep ellum" downtown to see if we were gonna go clubbing. talk about a dive. most of the bars have been zoned out and closed, and definitely looks like a place you are likely get shot or mugged.

no thanks.

so yeah, we hit the stadium at sunset and missed the nightime skyline.

I was bang...er dating a girl from Plano. I always made fun of Texas/Texans until I went there. I really liked it.

tony hipchest
05-22-2008, 09:19 PM
I was bang...er dating a girl from Plano. I always made fun of Texas/Texans until I went there. I really liked it.there was all this weird green stuff. i think they call it trees and grass.

id hate to see the watering bill to make it all grow.

we stayed next to the galleria mall, which is very nice and ritzy.

its strange, looking at the mall and airport (lots of hot girls), it seems that even grandmas have fake boobs. implants must be a hobby there.

i liked it, but i other than all the sporting events, i think i like san antonio (and the riverwalk) better.

NJarhead
05-22-2008, 09:32 PM
there was all this weird green stuff. i think they call it trees and grass.

id hate to see the watering bill to make it all grow.

we stayed next to the galleria mall, which is very nice and ritzy.

its strange, looking at the mall and airport (lots of hot girls), it seems that even grandmas have fake boobs. implants must be a hobby there.

i liked it, but i other than all the sporting events, i think i like san antonio (and the riverwalk) better.

LOL. Dated a chick from San Antonio too (she moved to NJ) but I never made it down there. That mall is pretty cool (the one with the skating rink right?). I do recall big beautiful houses with yellow grass and lots of hot girls.

Mosca
05-22-2008, 10:17 PM
th....

I read the header before I clicked on it and I said to myself, "I bet he pissed on it."

AND YOU DID!!!!!!

Good job, man!

PisnNapalm
05-22-2008, 10:37 PM
I was gonna chew your ass out for even thinking of visiting the Cowgirls stadium, but when you said you pissed on it.... well... That I can understand. Well done. ;) Rep headed your way.

Galax Steeler
05-23-2008, 05:03 AM
Nice job tony I hope you pissed enough for all of us on that crappy stadium.

MasterOfPuppets
05-23-2008, 05:49 PM
so i take it,there was no way to break in,and drop a steamer on the star ?:shake02:

GBMelBlount
05-23-2008, 08:38 PM
th....

I read the header before I clicked on it and I said to myself, "I bet he pissed on it."

...They say great minds stink alike. :thumbsup:

The Duke
05-23-2008, 08:53 PM
...They say great minds stink alike. :thumbsup:

:funny:

well I was thinking he wanted to be a little creative and "change" the stadium colors to that of the browns :poop:

was that just me? :fart:

well done tony :thumbsup:

revefsreleets
05-24-2008, 08:28 PM
Take another trip to Dallas soon. they are building a new stadium, and it will need a good pissing on! Can't think of a better way to inaugurate it.