PDA

View Full Version : My football commercial in China

steelwall
05-23-2008, 11:38 AM
Last year I was in a TV commercial in China which featured football players. The commercial was for a baby food product. The premise was we were going to try to tackle this baby but he juked us. Being the only American there I was an actor and a advisor....made good money on this baby. This is only one of 8 tv ads Ive been in here in China.

In this one it was me the Lone American, 2 Africans, one New Zealander, and one guy from Spain. The director was Austrailian, cool guy, but knew squat about US football (neither did the other guys, should have seen them try to throw the football...hilarious, but I played QB in highschool and after 2 days had a couple of the guys throwing some nice spirals). Yes that is me giving instructions on how to set up the feild, and yes its me at the top of the platform. I did all the dangerous stunts...but sprained my knee on that one. That was a good 20 foot jump onto nothing much more than a matress...

Just bored and thought I'd share.

tony hipchest
05-23-2008, 02:12 PM
very cool. so how did the commercial go over in that enviornment?

GBMelBlount
05-23-2008, 07:28 PM
Pretty neat Steel. I would imagine there is alot of work and down time that goes into even a short commercial. Ugly uniforms btw. *chuckle*

SteelersMongol
05-23-2008, 08:11 PM
Ha ha, nice pics. I'm sure you had some fun.

Galax Steeler
05-24-2008, 07:32 AM
Thats really cool.

steelwall
05-24-2008, 07:40 AM
Havent seen that one on TV here, maybe in the northern market, but I have caught several of my other tv ads here in China. I was even in a commercial with Gong Li ( you may know her as the main actress in Memoirs of a Geshia) whewww baby she's fine.

www.east2westconnections.biz/china_actor.html

If you want to see more.

steelwall
06-03-2008, 12:18 AM
Yeahhhhh boyyyyyy, amazing I did a search on google using the Director of the commercials name, and the word director, and bammm, found the commercial Here's the link

http://www.showreelfinder.com/tim_denton_international?reel_id=1704

I was #21 also the guy at the end who jumped over the baby and landed on the ground (of course at that time the baby was not there)

steelwall
06-03-2008, 12:22 AM
Pretty neat Steel. I would imagine there is alot of work and down time that goes into even a short commercial. Ugly uniforms btw. *chuckle*

Yeah 90% of the time you're just sitting around (as an actor) but pretty cool bcause there's allways one guy that just tends to the actors, just tell him what you want and he goes and gets it. If fact for this commercial they didnt supply cups (not the ones you drink from) I knew I had a couple scenes comming up were I'd be jumping on the ground, so I told the guy to go find me a cup, gotta protect the jewelles man....

Stlrs4Life
06-08-2008, 11:03 AM
That's pretty cool. congrats.