PDA

View Full Version : Six NFL Teams Unlikely In Playoffs in '08

Elvis
05-23-2008, 04:32 PM
Posted: May 20, 2008

In the first part of a three-part series, Mike Florio identifies six teams that aren't likely to return to the playoffs this season after making it in 2007:
[Of the 12 teams that qualify for the playoffs each year, roughly six of them don't make it back the following season. Last year, for example, the Ravens, Chiefs, Jets, Bears, Saints and Eagles didn't get back to the postseason after making it in 2006. (Taking their places were the Steelers, Jaguars, Titans, Redskins, Packers and Buccaneers.)
So the challenge for those of us who pretend we know more about how a given NFL season will turn out than the average fan is to try to identify the half-dozen teams from the 2007 postseason field that won't return, and the half-dozen teams that will replace them.
And because the challenge for those of us who have to come up with two columns per week as part of a side gig with SportingNews.com includes doing so during the slow weeks of the NFL calendar, this idea has the makings of a trilogy.
In the first installment, I'll try to nail down the six playoff teams that won't get back to the postseason. Later in the week, I'll predict (guess) six that won't take their places. Finally, I'll take a stab at identifying the six that will.
Without further ado, my six picks not to return to the playoffs.
1. Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/teams/steelers/index.html) The Steelers of the free-agency era have developed a trend of exceeding low expectations and failing to meet high ones. In 2006, the Super Bowl champs didn't make it back to play in January. A year ago, with no one expecting much from a team breaking in only its third head coach in nearly 40 years, the Steelers won the division.
This year, expectations are high again -- especially with the Bengals imploding, the Ravens rebuilding, and the Browns generally regarded as overrated. In other words, the stage is set for the Steelers to fail.
If they do, it will happen because of an offensive line that got much worse after the departure of left guard Alan Faneca. Although the team used its first two draft picks on high-profile skill-position players (Rashard Mendenhall and Limas Sweed), these rookies won't make much of an impact with no one to block for them. The defensive line received no real upgrade despite the team's desire to do so, and the linebackers and defensive backs are getting older but not necessarily better. In all, six of 11 starters on defense will be 30 or older by the end of September. That's not a good sign for a team that will need strong performances from the traditional strength of the franchise to prop up an offense that might not score points in bunches.

This article was written on SportingNews.com by Mike Florio
The other 5 teams that he said will not make the playoffs look like this:
Tennessee Titans
Washington Redskins
Green Bay Packers
Seattle Seasquaks:rofl:
and N.Y. Giants
What ya'll think about this?

TheWarDen86
05-23-2008, 04:34 PM
I'm thinking that instead of heading to the store for toilet paper, I'll use a copy of The Sporting News instead. :coffee:

Hapa
05-23-2008, 05:15 PM
HAHA THATS FUNNY!

HometownGal
05-23-2008, 05:35 PM
Sorry, but I have to be honest here. I don't think what that schmo wrote, at least with regard to our O, is all that far fetched. We all know that in order for the offense to have success - this season in particular with the brutal schedule the Steelers have - the OL is going to have to step it up and play with consistency, in addition to giving Ben more than a millimeter of a second to get rid of the ball or take a sack.

With regard to the rest of his editorial -

http://www.omg.tv/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/641_Screw%20You.jpg

fansince'76
05-23-2008, 06:08 PM
Time to forfeit the entire '08 season and wait for the '09 draft, I guess. :yawn:

steelreserve
05-23-2008, 06:09 PM
1. New England Patriots For years, the combination of Tom Brady's arm and rampant cheating have provided the 1-2 punch that's carried the Pats deep into the playoffs. But with no cameras on the sidelines and Brady out with a broken neck -- which the star QB suffered over the summer in a nasty fall off the edge of his bed while trying to auto-fellate himself -- New England should finish near the bottom of the standings and is at serious risk for relegation to NFL Europe.

Fixed.

UK CANDY BEE
05-23-2008, 06:42 PM
Of the six team he mentioned, I think the there are two teams I would be willing to bet money they won't make the post season.

Chief among them is the Tennessee Titans !! Let's be honest, the Titans only got in last season because the Colts handed them their season finale on a platter !!! Their big move in the offseason was to fire Norm Chow, who's only crime was that he was unable to dumb down his historically effective offense enough so that Vince Young could run it !! Jeff Fisher's bunch will be lucky to win six games !!

The other one is the Green Bay Packers, if for no other reason than the dropoff in a variety of both tangible and intangible areas at the QB position when you go from Brett Favre to Aaron Rodgers is HUGE !! Someday, maybe Rodgers will be an above average NFL signal caller, but that day is at least a couple of season away.

I don't think any of the other four teams mentioned are in such danger of missing the post season.

The Redskins are stout on defense, and Jason Campbell is on the verge of becoming a very good QB.

The Seahawks may be somewhat on the decline, but they are still the class of the NFC West., even though Arizona is on the rise.

The Giants will finally wake up and realize that they are too talented to be as inconsistent as they were during much of the regualr season a year ago.

I know that most of you expect me to declare some personal belief that Pittsburgh will lose every week (though I'd get such a kick out of that), however, I think that the Steelers stand a decent chance of winning enough games to earn a wild card spot with their second place finish in the AFC North !!

stillers4me
05-23-2008, 07:33 PM
Mike Florio also admitted that he didn't think the Steelers would even make the playoffs the year we won Superbowl XL.

Go for it, Florio!

RoethlisBURGHer
05-23-2008, 07:54 PM
Faneca is gone, and he's on the decline.

We've found a guy that can play the center position at LEAST average, and that's about 12 times better than what our center from last year played.

Im not so worried about the defense either.

When did our defense start to fall apart last year? The secondary went when Ryan Clark went down with his injury...and then it got worse when Aaron Smith went down with his injury.

The backups played subpar...but if the backups were starting material they wouldn't be backups, would they?

RoethlisBURGHer
05-23-2008, 08:14 PM
And as for the playoff teams from last year.

Pittsburgh Steelers: Will make the 2008 AFC Playoffs as the 2008 AFC North Division Champions. Tough schedule will prepare this team for a greuling playoff run.

New England Patriots: Will make the 2008 AFC Playoffs as the 2008 AFC East Champions. I mean, who else is gonna win this division, the Jets?

Indianapolis Colts: Will make the 2008 AFC Playoffs as the 2008 AFC South Champions. The Jaguars will push them to the limit for the South title, but the Colts will eek it out.

San Diego Chargers: Will make the 2008 AFC Playoffs as the 2008 AFC West Champions. I think the Broncos just miss winning the West...the Chiefs just need a QB to make the push...and the Raiders have a loooong way to go (and it would help if Al Davis dies).

Jacksonville Jaguars: Will make the 2008 AFC Playoffs as a Wild Card. The Jags will just miss out on the AFC South title once again.

Tennessee Titans: Will miss the 2008 AFC Playoffs, will be replaced by (GASP!) the Cleveland Browns. The Titans defense wont be able to save a sad offense, as the Titans go 6-10 on the season.

Dallas Cowboys: Will make the 2008 NFC Playoffs as the 2008 AFC East Champions. They will criuse to another division title behind Tony Romo, only to be knocked out in their first playoff game, once again.

Green Bay Packers: Will miss the 2008 NFC Playoffs. Replaced by the Vikings as 2009 AFC North Champions. The Packers will miss Brett Favre as Aaron Rodgers leads the team to a winning season, but narrowly misses the playoffs.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Will miss the 2008 NFC Playoffs. Will be replaced by the New Orleans Saints as the NFC South Champions. Jon Gruden's defense plays strong all season, but Jeff Garcia goes down with an injury totally sinking any hope the offense had.

Seattle Seahawks: Will make the 2008 NFC Playoffs as the 2008 NFC West Champions. They win the division by a game over the Arizona Cardinals.

New York Giants: Will make the 2008 NFC Playoffs as a Wild Card. They play much better during the season and make the playoffs, but miss the division due to losing a tie-breaker to the Dallas Cowboys.

Washington Redskins: Will miss the 2008 NFC Playoffs. Replaced by the Arizona Cardinals. The Redskins have an up-and-down season, missing Taylor on defense and having inconsistant QB play on offense.

St33lersguy
05-23-2008, 08:17 PM
The only teams I need an explanation for are Seattle and the Super Bowl XLII Champs. I honestly think he has a point for the Steelers and I would not be surprised if the other 3 teams aren't in the playoffs. Plus what was the deal with the Steelers almost completely ignoring the DL.

lilyoder6
05-23-2008, 08:19 PM
i can honesly only seeing the titans being the team not to make to playoffs... they have no weps at Wr 4 vy to throw to... even tho the packers did lose farve they are still in the NFC and in a weak division... so they have a good chance.. other than that i say that the browns or the jets(if evry thing happens well) will take the titans pos

St33lersguy
05-23-2008, 08:30 PM
i can honesly only seeing the titans being the team not to make to playoffs... they have no weps at Wr 4 vy to throw to... even tho the packers did lose farve they are still in the NFC and in a weak division... so they have a good chance.. other than that i say that the browns or the jets(if evry thing happens well) will take the titans pos

First of all the Vikes arein the NFC North and they are an improving team. All they really need is Travarous Jackson to perform well and Second of all the Jets in the playoffs in 08? :rofl: That team sucks.

The Duke
05-23-2008, 08:44 PM
nice analysis RoethlisBURGHer, but....

Green Bay Packers: Will miss the 2008 NFC Playoffs. Replaced by the Vikings as 2009 AFC North Champions. The Packers will miss Brett Favre as Aaron Rodgers leads the team to a winning season, but narrowly misses the playoffs.

alright, the pack may suffer some without favre and rodgers being in his 1st season, even though he has some of the best offesnsive weapons in the league and their D is really good, but the vikings??

their QB is still tarvaris jackson, and he hasn't shown much so far. peterson is a great back, but teams found ways to stop him several games last year, and they'll do it again this year. he's good, but won't be able to carry his team without at least some help at the QB position

fansince'76
05-23-2008, 09:02 PM
their QB is still tarvaris jackson, and he hasn't shown much so far. peterson is a great back, but teams found ways to stop him several games last year, and they'll do it again this year. he's good, but won't be able to carry his team without at least some help at the QB position

I don't know, Duke - the Vikes wouldn't be the first NFC North (formerly Central) team without a legit QB to get to the playoffs riding on the back of a great RB (think the Bears with Payton and the Lions with Sanders). The NFC North is truly up for grabs, I think.

GBMelBlount
05-23-2008, 09:06 PM
I think if our line "gels" and the "injury Gods" are on our side, we could have a great season....or Ben can be sacked 50 times, run for his life on every passing play, and still have 100+ QB rating. *shrug* I think this season will be exciting as hell regardless. There is so much parity that a few unexpected things can make or break a season.

BettisFan
05-23-2008, 09:34 PM
as i have said before we play better like this let them think we cant do it!

lilyoder6
05-23-2008, 11:30 PM
the jets made the playoffs 2 yrs ago.. and this offseason went on a crazed shopping spree and brought players in that they needed... thus said if evry thing clicks they could be wildcard

paw-n-maul-u
05-24-2008, 02:36 AM
We gotta win the AFC North. That absolutely has to happen. We'll get a very good test of how good we are very early in the season, and im so gah dang excited its ridiculous.

Hardest schedule in the nfl, every week will be awesome. Honestly right now, i'm hoping for the best, but like said above, This season is going to be absolutely insane to watch. I may end up having ten heart attacks a game but it is going to be one hellllllluva season.

Galax Steeler
05-24-2008, 06:56 AM
Our biggest competion to win the north is going to be the stains but we will win it and they can have the runner up spot.

steelwall
05-24-2008, 07:49 AM
Ironicly I worked with a guy who's name was Mike Florio... he was " lets just say, had a taste for men" not women......

GBMelBlount
05-24-2008, 07:55 AM
Ironicly I worked with a guy who's name was Mike Florio... he was " lets just say, had a taste for men" not women......

Thanks for sharing Steelwall! :thumbsup:

millwalldavey
05-24-2008, 08:31 AM
I still would not be surprised by either an 11-5 season or a 5-11 season.

steelwall
05-24-2008, 08:49 AM
Thanks for sharing Steelwall! :thumbsup:

Could be the same guy, as he knew more about the male genitals than football.

TackleMeBen
05-24-2008, 09:04 AM
wonder how well the pats will do this season without the video tapes???lol

just b/c faneca is gone doesnt mean that our oline will self destruct. (and yes i am one of those that were complaining about our oline). maybe they will gel at otas and camp and we will all be surprised and say damn those rooney sure know what they are doing.

UK CANDY BEE
05-24-2008, 09:18 AM
Hardest schedule in the nfl, every week will be awesome. Honestly right now, i'm hoping for the best, but like said above, This season is going to be absolutely insane to watch. I may end up having ten heart attacks a game but it is going to be one hellllllluva season.

Well, you guys do have one thing that I have no choice but admit works to your advantage heading into that killer schedule.

Last season, the Steelers seemed to rise to the occasion and overcame most of their quality opponents. It was the somewhat mediocre teams that found a way to beat you. Since there are fewer mediocre teams to bite them, Pittsburgh might have an easier time avoiding a letdown.

stillers4me
05-24-2008, 09:32 AM
Well, you guys do have one thing that I have no choice but admit works to your advantage heading into that killer schedule.

Last season, the Steelers seemed to rise to the occasion and overcame most of their quality opponents. It was the somewhat mediocre teams that found a way to beat you. Since there are fewer mediocre teams to bite them, Pittsburgh might have an easier time avoiding a letdown.

Good point!!

Only the teams that actually sucked or cheated were able to beat us. :sofunny:

TackleMeBen
05-24-2008, 09:44 AM
why dont we just go ahead and throw the towel in for this season.. it seems like the media thinks we are going to suck since faneca left and we dont have anyone to replace him.:chuckle:

Steel Buckeye
05-24-2008, 10:15 AM
I agree with what he said about the Titans, and I do think the Seahawks will eventually lose their hold on the NFCW to the Cardinals, but most of these teams have improved and have a good mix of rookie and veteran talent. I'm willing to bet we'll see at least 3 of these teams in the playoffs.

Everyone underestimates the Steelers offensive line and no one seems to notice Faneca's half-assed play last year. Hartwig should be a suitable replacement at center. They'll be fine and the Steelers defense will improve with Woodley hitting the starting lineup. The only thing that really concerns me is special teams.

With the way the Giants are dropping down rankings left and right you'd think they lost a bunch of players. But they have left almost the entire team intact, Eli is ready to become an elite passer, and all those rookies with improve as well. Don't forget they still have the best pass rush in the league.

This is such a hack article. It's just the typical media writing the Steelers off and buying into the Patriots and Cowboys hype.

TackleMeBen
05-24-2008, 10:24 AM
Everyone underestimates the Steelers offensive line and no one seems to notice Faneca's half-assed play last year. Hartwig should be a suitable replacement at center. They'll be fine and the Steelers defense will improve with Woodley hitting the starting lineup. The only thing that really concerns me is special teams.

i noticed faneca's playing last year. believe me. in fact some jet fan asked me what i thought of faneca.. my reply do you really want me to tell you or give you what you want to hear.

i hope that hartwig is the missing piece for the oline. i really cant take another season of ben running for his life.

Steeldude
05-24-2008, 10:42 AM
it's a logical article to me.

the O-line is unproven after losing faneca. could it really be that much better?

nothing at all happened to the D-line except age.

as the article basically said, mendenhall and sweed aren't going to help this team's defense and O-line.

the O-line is once again going to play musical chairs. is starks going to win a starting spot by skill or paycheck? he couldn't a beat a rookie guard(colon) from grabbing the tackle position last season.

is hartwig going to be an improvement? or is everyone just thinking "he can't be worse than mahan" and being content with it?

the team is getting old and i have yet to see any promising replacements. who replaces hampton, farrior, townsend, a. smith? IMO, keisel needs to be replaced becuase he is just too easily manhandled.

let's not forget that the steelers have a very tough schedule this year.

as the steelers stockpile WRs and RBs, the rest(most) of team is aging or idle.

SteelCityMan786
05-24-2008, 10:49 AM
Posted: May 20, 2008

In the first part of a three-part series, Mike Florio identifies six teams that aren't likely to return to the playoffs this season after making it in 2007:
[Of the 12 teams that qualify for the playoffs each year, roughly six of them don't make it back the following season. Last year, for example, the Ravens, Chiefs, Jets, Bears, Saints and Eagles didn't get back to the postseason after making it in 2006. (Taking their places were the Steelers, Jaguars, Titans, Redskins, Packers and Buccaneers.)
So the challenge for those of us who pretend we know more about how a given NFL season will turn out than the average fan is to try to identify the half-dozen teams from the 2007 postseason field that won't return, and the half-dozen teams that will replace them.
And because the challenge for those of us who have to come up with two columns per week as part of a side gig with SportingNews.com includes doing so during the slow weeks of the NFL calendar, this idea has the makings of a trilogy.
In the first installment, I'll try to nail down the six playoff teams that won't get back to the postseason. Later in the week, I'll predict (guess) six that won't take their places. Finally, I'll take a stab at identifying the six that will.
Without further ado, my six picks not to return to the playoffs.
1. Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/teams/steelers/index.html) The Steelers of the free-agency era have developed a trend of exceeding low expectations and failing to meet high ones. In 2006, the Super Bowl champs didn't make it back to play in January. A year ago, with no one expecting much from a team breaking in only its third head coach in nearly 40 years, the Steelers won the division.
This year, expectations are high again -- especially with the Bengals imploding, the Ravens rebuilding, and the Browns generally regarded as overrated. In other words, the stage is set for the Steelers to fail.
If they do, it will happen because of an offensive line that got much worse after the departure of left guard Alan Faneca. Although the team used its first two draft picks on high-profile skill-position players (Rashard Mendenhall and Limas Sweed), these rookies won't make much of an impact with no one to block for them. The defensive line received no real upgrade despite the team's desire to do so, and the linebackers and defensive backs are getting older but not necessarily better. In all, six of 11 starters on defense will be 30 or older by the end of September. That's not a good sign for a team that will need strong performances from the traditional strength of the franchise to prop up an offense that might not score points in bunches.

This article was written on SportingNews.com by Mike Florio
The other 5 teams that he said will not make the playoffs look like this:
Tennessee Titans
Washington Redskins
Green Bay Packers
Seattle Seasquaks:rofl:
and N.Y. Giants
What ya'll think about this?

I think when he says his 6 unlikely teams he means the Ravens, Bengals, Eagles, Packers, N.Y. Giants, and Seachickens :coffee:

The Duke
05-24-2008, 11:23 AM
I don't know, Duke - the Vikes wouldn't be the first NFC North (formerly Central) team without a legit QB to get to the playoffs riding on the back of a great RB (think the Bears with Payton and the Lions with Sanders). The NFC North is truly up for grabs, I think.

yeah, but that would be saying that Peterson is at Gale or Sanders level. I think it's too early for that, but how young was sanders or gale the 1s time they carried their teams to the playoffs?

I've said it before, I'm not completely sold on peterson, he may prove me wrong this year though. in the last two game of last season when the vikes were making a playoff push peterson was barely a factor. he was a rookie though, so the blame can't go only to him

he's predicted 2000 yards for himself this season, let's see if he pays off

lilyoder6
05-24-2008, 11:52 AM
well timmons will replace farrior.. hopefully humpal will pan out and be a gem to replace foote in the future.. i gay is improving evry yr and could take townsend place.. i can see in next yr we look into FA and draft to replenish our lines..

SteelersJW
05-24-2008, 12:15 PM
Mike Florio can kiss my big ol' ass.

Steeler in Carolina
05-24-2008, 04:09 PM
My opinion is that the Steelers will make the playoffs based solely that we will win the division. Cincy and Balt sucks and the Browns are way overrated.

Mosca
05-24-2008, 05:28 PM
Line play on both sides of the ball does not happen in a vacuum. Improvements in other parts of the team improve line play.

These guys have to fill column space. No one really cares what they write, least of al the teams playing. The only thing that is guaranteed is that it is all bs once the ball is snapped.

19ward86
05-24-2008, 08:45 PM
im almost 100% sure that we will make the playoffs.

lilyoder6
05-24-2008, 10:31 PM
well if chris k and colon start those are 2 young lineman to play 4 us 4 a while.. if hills can pan out and if starks stays w/ us.. we are kinda set w/ young starting o-line

Steeldude
05-25-2008, 04:21 AM
well if chris k and colon start those are 2 young lineman to play 4 us 4 a while.. if hills can pan out and if starks stays w/ us.. we are kinda set w/ young starting o-line

aren't kemo and starks free agents next season?

Rhee Rhee
05-25-2008, 05:03 AM
first of all, the only thing this guy knows about steeler football is that we drafted limas and rashard... aside from that he's got no knowledge about anything about steeler football..he failed to look at lawrence timmons, lamarr woodley, bruce davis, larry foote's ages...

talk about a bad writer...

Galax Steeler
05-25-2008, 06:33 AM
talk about a bad writer...

I guess he is just a wantabe sportswrite that needed a few dollars.

lilyoder6
05-25-2008, 09:50 AM
well i know starks is 4 sure thats y i said he better start all yr if he wants to stay here.. and idk bout chris k.. but we could re-sign him 4 a low salary since he hasn't proven anything yet

Steeldude
05-25-2008, 02:56 PM
well i know starks is 4 sure thats y i said he better start all yr if he wants to stay here.. and idk bout chris k.. but we could re-sign him 4 a low salary since he hasn't proven anything yet

kind of a double-edged sword. we want kemo to do great, but if he does we probably lose him to FA. :banging:

KeiselPower99
05-27-2008, 02:43 PM
Kemoeatu is an UFA at the end of the year. They have been tryin to work out a long term deal both him and Starks. Marvel Smith is also a UFA at the end of the season. So we are looking at 3 of 5 projected starting O linemen playin for contracts next season.

KeiselPower99
05-27-2008, 02:46 PM
Kemoeatu is an UFA at the end of the year. They have been tryin to work out a long term deal both him and Starks. Marvel Smith is also a UFA at the end of the season. So we are looking at 3 of 5 projected starting O linemen playin for contracts next season.
If thats not motivation I dont know what is!!!!

Dino 6 Rings
05-27-2008, 02:56 PM
Great game! Can I play.

Next year's playoffs AFC, in no particular order.
Steelers
Colts
Patriots
Broncos
Buffalo
Jaguars
Next year's Playoffs NFC
Cowboys
Vikings
Seahawks
Eagles
Cardinals
Saints

lilyoder6
05-27-2008, 03:24 PM
well it's like a win-lose situation here.. i just hope we can get them signed and then they perform well this yr

steel striker
05-28-2008, 09:43 AM
It seems alot of writers and, so called experts are already telling everyone we have no shot. Well the last time they did this we won the super bowl so, I like our chances I hope we play mad all season long and, to set the record straight we normally don't sign big name free agaents we do it in the draft. I know we did not take a big name player on the oline in this years draft I know our line will protect Ben better this season. We will be fine.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
05-28-2008, 10:53 AM
i like our chances with parker- mendenhall - sweed - holmes - ward and miller as our offensive weapons.....
the opposing defense will not be able to blitz as much this year because at anygiven time there will be a threat of a run or a pass play..
Teams will have to respect our offense much more then they did in past years.
our defense is getting older, but the younger guys, (under 28?) look promising and should have agood year

RoethlisBURGHer
05-28-2008, 01:41 PM
i like our chances with parker- mendenhall - sweed - holmes - ward and miller as our offensive weapons.....
the opposing defense will not be able to blitz as much this year because at anygiven time there will be a threat of a run or a pass play..
Teams will have to respect our offense much more then they did in past years.
our defense is getting older, but the younger guys, (under 28?) look promising and should have agood year

That's for sure. These aren't the Bill Cowher "run, run, pass, punt" Steelers anymore.

I like how Mike Tomlin has taken this from a run-heavy offense to more balanced. It will take pressure off of the o-line because defenses can no longer stack the box with 8-9 men on first and second down, and then come out with a nickel defense on third down.

Also, like someone said above that the offensive and defensive lines do not play in a vacuum. That's the truth. There were plenty of sacks last year that came due to our receivers being covered and Ben just holding onto the ball to damn long. It wasn't all bad line play.

I thimnk Hartwig will help this offensive line a lot. He can play above-average, something Mahan couldn't do. Mahan is better suited at gaurd and could be the guy to replace Faneca, or we could see Kemoeatu replacing Faneca...the coaches are really high on Kemoeatu, and it's more-or-less his job to lose.

SteelerFanInCA
05-28-2008, 02:20 PM
Who is Mike Florio?

ChronoCross
05-28-2008, 02:37 PM
I like are chances and it will be a long time before the Browns are ready to actually compete with us for the division so we win the division and go into the playoffs..

TheWarDen86
05-28-2008, 02:41 PM
Who is Mike Florio?

I graduated HS with him. He was a Navy SEAL....of course I'm sure they're talking about a different Mike Florio all together. :sofunny:

Dino 6 Rings
05-28-2008, 05:04 PM
I like our chances, because EVERY SINGLE YEAR I like our Chances!!!

Its great, and I mean freaking fantastic being the fan of a team that I can honestly say, that almost every single year of the last oh say 16 years, I went into the off season believing the team could make it all the way. I mean, yeah, we have some bad seasons, who doesn't, but I never have my head down and think "we got no chance" I don't care what the rest of the league looks like, who is up, who is down, we are consistant in being competitive and that is what fcking matters to me.

So while 9ers fans are gagging down another 6 win season, and Lions fans are putting plastic bags over their heads and sucking out the air, and Saints fans break out the Paper sacks, and Jets fans pray to god to just beat NE once this season, and Jaguar fans...sorry, they don't actually have fans, while Skins fans wonder if Gibbs being gone means so are the playoffs, and Eagles fans lick their wounds and wonder if McNabb makes it through the season and Bengals and Browns fans circle 2 games a year and worry about US instead of themselves and Ravens fans hope they find a QB sometime this century, and Buffalo fans think this is the season we get more than 8 wins, and while Dallas fans hope for their first playoff win since 96 and hold their breath whenever TO speaks, and dolphin fans watch replays of the 72 season, and Giants fans get ready for another 10 years of not getting it done, and Carolina fans wonder out loud if they will actually hire Cowher for the 2009 season and all the other fans of mediocre or flash in the pan teams get ready for another long season of no hope, I will be pounding my chest, wearing my jersey, and screaming at the top of my lungs HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!

TheWarDen86
05-28-2008, 05:06 PM
I like our chances, because EVERY SINGLE YEAR I like our Chances!!!

'nough said. :tt02:

LVSteelersfan
05-29-2008, 12:30 PM
'nough said. :tt02:

Gotta agree with both of you. The Steelers always seem to put together a competetive team even in bad years. I think this team is going to fly under the radar and surprise a lot of people. With that monster schedule, they will be battle tested and ready for the playoffs while the Browns will be shell shocked and be lucky to finish with a .500 record. I scoff at prognosticators who pick the Browns as the first place team this year looking at their schedule. I predict 2-6 in the first half of the season for them looking at that killer schedule.

:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

revefsreleets
05-29-2008, 06:01 PM
The Sporting News is a GREAT magazine.

If you like baseball.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-29-2008, 08:34 PM
Cleveland Browns 2008 Schedule:

Sun., Sept. 7 Dallas Cowboys 4:15 p.m. LOSS
Sun., Sept. 14 Pittsburgh Steelers 8:15 p.m. LOSS
Sun., Sept. 21 at Baltimore Ravens 4:15 p.m. WIN
Sun., Sept. 28 at Cincinnati Bengals 1:00 p.m. WIN
Sun., Oct. 5 Bye Week
Mon., Oct. 13 New York Giants 8:30 p.m. (ESPN) LOSS
Sun., Oct. 19 at Washington Redskins 4:15 p.m. WIN
Sun., Oct. 26 at Jacksonville Jaguars 4:05 p.m. LOSS
Sun., Nov. 2 Baltimore Ravens 1:00 p.m. WIN
Thur., Nov. 6 Denver Broncos 8:15 p.m. (NFL Network) LOSS
Mon., Nov. 17 at Buffalo Bills 8:30 p.m. (ESPN) WIN
Sun., Nov. 23 Houston Texans 1:00 p.m. * WIN
Sun., Nov. 30 Indianapolis Colts 1:00 p.m. * LOSS
Sun., Dec. 7 at Tennessee Titans 1:00 p.m. * LOSS
Mon., Dec. 15 at Philadelphia Eagles 8:30 p.m. (ESPN) LOSS
Sun., Dec. 21 Cincinnati Bengals 1:00 p.m. * WIN
Sun., Dec. 28 at Pittsburgh Steelers 1:00 p.m. * LOSS

Browns go 7-9, miss playoffs

JanBr7
05-29-2008, 09:24 PM
That's pretty interesting, and sounds feasible with the possible exception of the Arizona Cardinals. I don't think they're quite ready yet. I'm thinking that if McNabb stays healthy the Eagles could get a wild card. Either them or the Packers -- Aaron Rodgers could surprise everyone. Other than that, sounds spot on to me.

Of course, predicting the outcome of the season before it even starts has never been my forte!

Dino 6 Rings
05-30-2008, 10:39 AM
I'm not sure the Browns sweep both Cincy and Baltimore either. But what do I care really, I'm focussed on the Houston Texans.

KeiselPower99
05-30-2008, 11:00 AM
Cleveland Browns 2008 Schedule:

Sun., Sept. 7 Dallas Cowboys 4:15 p.m. LOSS
Sun., Sept. 14 Pittsburgh Steelers 8:15 p.m. LOSS
Sun., Sept. 21 at Baltimore Ravens 4:15 p.m. WIN
Sun., Sept. 28 at Cincinnati Bengals 1:00 p.m. WIN
Sun., Oct. 5 Bye Week
Mon., Oct. 13 New York Giants 8:30 p.m. (ESPN) LOSS
Sun., Oct. 19 at Washington Redskins 4:15 p.m. WIN
Sun., Oct. 26 at Jacksonville Jaguars 4:05 p.m. LOSS
Sun., Nov. 2 Baltimore Ravens 1:00 p.m. WIN
Thur., Nov. 6 Denver Broncos 8:15 p.m. (NFL Network) LOSS
Mon., Nov. 17 at Buffalo Bills 8:30 p.m. (ESPN) WIN
Sun., Nov. 23 Houston Texans 1:00 p.m. * WIN
Sun., Nov. 30 Indianapolis Colts 1:00 p.m. * LOSS
Sun., Dec. 7 at Tennessee Titans 1:00 p.m. * LOSS
Mon., Dec. 15 at Philadelphia Eagles 8:30 p.m. (ESPN) LOSS
Sun., Dec. 21 Cincinnati Bengals 1:00 p.m. * WIN
Sun., Dec. 28 at Pittsburgh Steelers 1:00 p.m. * LOSS

Browns go 7-9, miss playoffs

I will give the Browns a victory over Tennessee. Im not sold on Vince Young. Either way thats still a non playoff team.

Dino 6 Rings
05-30-2008, 11:05 AM
You don' t have to be sold on V Young, what you have to do is know that Tennessee has a very good defense and a solid running game, something that Cleveland has struggled against lately. Sure they can shoot it out, at least last season, but when it comes to lining it up and playing smash mouth, the way Tennesse always has under Fisher, I wouldn't hand Cleveland that win just yet.

LVSteelersfan
05-30-2008, 11:38 AM
It seems alot of writers and, so called experts are already telling everyone we have no shot. Well the last time they did this we won the super bowl so, I like our chances I hope we play mad all season long and, to set the record straight we normally don't sign big name free agaents we do it in the draft. I know we did not take a big name player on the oline in this years draft I know our line will protect Ben better this season. We will be fine.

Hey, they all said we would be third in the division last year as well. Who gives a crap what prognosticators think. They are wrong most of the time any way. Of course Indy and New England are both pretty much shoo ins to win their divisions so it is easy to pick them.

steelreserve
05-30-2008, 01:28 PM
You don' t have to be sold on V Young, what you have to do is know that Tennessee has a very good defense and a solid running game, something that Cleveland has struggled against lately. Sure they can shoot it out, at least last season, but when it comes to lining it up and playing smash mouth, the way Tennesse always has under Fisher, I wouldn't hand Cleveland that win just yet.

So? That's all irrelevant. Everyone knows the AFC playoff seeds are going to be:

1. New England (16-0)
2. Indianapolis (16-0)
3. New England (16-0)
4. Indianapolis (16-0)
5. New England (16-0)
6. Indianapolis (16-0)

Can I be on TV now?

rbryan
05-30-2008, 01:53 PM
You passed the first test now if you can just get Ocho Dinko to do an interview with you you're a lock to be on TV.