PDA

View Full Version : SUPER BOWL XLIII?

Elvis
05-26-2008, 11:41 AM
This is my early prediction of who the Steelers Are going to face in the Super Bowl in February '09

AFC Tittle

Steelers 27
Jaguars 10

NFC Tittle

Cowboys 34
Saints 28

SUPER BOWL
XLIII

Pittsburgh
STEELERS 34

-VS-

Dallas
COWBOYS 20

Have fun and show your team spirit:tt02:

The Duke
05-26-2008, 03:02 PM
how long has it been since the cowboys last won a playoff game? don't think two will happen any time soon

my early NFC pick is giants. with Eli playing like he did in the playoffs last year they could even take the division from the boys.

AFC....homer in me says steelers, but I would have to say jaguars. they're pretty deep at every position except WR. if their current receivers improve super bowl is not far from them

I'd love it if it was Steelers- Packers though

The Patriot
05-26-2008, 03:47 PM
how long has it been since the cowboys last won a playoff game? don't think two will happen any time soon

my early NFC pick is giants. with Eli playing like he did in the playoffs last year they could even take the division from the boys.

AFC....homer in me says steelers, but I would have to say jaguars. they're pretty deep at every position except WR. if their current receivers improve super bowl is not far from them

I'd love it if it was Steelers- Packers though

I see Eli either having a great season or a terrible season. Either way, we'll hear about it.

UK CANDY BEE
05-26-2008, 04:18 PM
If the Steelers get to Super Bowl XLIII, I will make a video of myself pouring an Iron City over my own head and saying "Go Steelers" !!!

It might require me to send one of you a few bucks to ship me the brew. However, I seriously doubt it will even be necessary, because Pittsburgh WON'T GET THERE !!!

Newzfoxjr
05-26-2008, 07:07 PM
If the Steelers get to Super Bowl XLIII, I will make a video of myself pouring an Iron City over my own head and saying "Go Steelers" !!!

It might require me to send one of you a few bucks to ship me the brew. However, I seriously doubt it will even be necessary, because Pittsburgh WON'T GET THERE !!!

I'm SO remembering this post.

Elvis
05-26-2008, 07:44 PM

:doh: WARNING ALL CHILDREN AND VETS!!!

This information and thoughts coming from a Browns Boy, and I mean Boy... that obviously doesnt know anything about Even Being In The Playoffs, little less talking about someone else's team going to the super bowl!!
When was the last time the Browns won a playoff game? The Steelers are gonna stomp all over your Clowns... oopsss.. I mean Browns on our way to Florida on February 1, 2009

P.S.
Have you read my SIG yet? :tt02:

UK CANDY BEE
05-26-2008, 09:06 PM
I see a HUGE wager of some sort coming.......

....one that may leave the loser unconscious and BLEEDING !!

Symbolically, of course !!

jjpro11
05-27-2008, 12:52 AM
i really wouldnt care who we play if we make it to the super bowl. but if i had a preference, it would definitely be dallas. it's the all-time best super bowl rivalry. it would probably break the ratings record again. romo vs ben, the two young super star qbs facing off.

Galax Steeler
05-27-2008, 03:37 AM
i really wouldnt care who we play if we make it to the super bowl. but if i had a preference, it would definitely be dallas. it's the all-time best super bowl rivalry. it would probably break the ratings record again. romo vs ben, the two young super star qbs facing off.

I would have to agree I wouldn't care who we played either as long as we were there.

steelwall
05-27-2008, 06:43 AM
I see Eli either having a great season or a terrible season. Either way, we'll hear about it.

Really went out on a limb there did ya?

TackleMeBen
05-27-2008, 06:58 AM
i think that is asking too much from the cowboys.. i mean we dont even know if romo can make it out of the first round of the playoffs yet.. so saying they will be in the superbowl is wishful thinking right now..

i do agree however if it were the steelers and cowboys you would have two very good qbs... maybe the winning qb can have jessica simpson..:chuckle:

Dino 6 Rings
05-27-2008, 09:57 AM
The Giants got to the SB the same way the Steelers did when we won in 05, taking the tough road. Its going to be very hard for them to get back up that hill and be as hungry for the 08 season. Especially in the NFC East, very tough schedule this year.

For the NFC, I think Dallas could be due to not have Romo blow a game for them, but they still haven't won a PO game in so long its very tough to count on them. Seattle could be good enough, but I don't know. Carolina? Saints? Not likely. Packers? Without Favre? Um...NO. Chicago? Who's their QB again? Right...

Minnesota? nope, Detroit....pause for laughter....Skins? Eagles? Rams? 9ers?

AFC, Top 5 for me. Steelers, Colts, Jaquars, Broncos, Chargers. One of them will be in, its a matter of winning in the Playoffs. But in the NFC....put all the names of NFC teams on a dart board and throw 100 darts while wearing a blind fold. Whichever Team has the most darts in it, bet on them to lose the Superbowl.

steelreserve
05-27-2008, 11:46 AM
Oh, no way, it won't be any of those teams. The Super Bowl is going to be Patriots vs. Colts. They'll find a way to work around that pesky two-conference system. They're THAT good.

Maybe it'll even be Patriots vs. Patriots.

Can I be on TV now?

RoethlisBURGHer
05-27-2008, 04:07 PM
Steelers v I Dont Have A Clue

The NFC is such a tossup.

Dallas has won a playoff game since Super Bowl XXX

The Seahawks have been unimpressive in the playoffs since Super Bowl XL (where they were equally unimpressive)

The Redskins? I don't think they are good enough to get to the Super Bowl, but you never know in the NFC

The Packers lost Brett Favre, but Aaron Rodgers should be good enough to get them to the playoffs in a weak division

The Giants won the Super Bowl after a bunch of one-and-done playoff appearances. Eli could have turned the corner, or he could stink next year.

The Buccs made the playoffs due to being in the worst conference in the NFC. Any one of the teams in this division (other than the Falcons) could make the playoffs next year.

TackleMeBen
05-27-2008, 04:15 PM
as long as it isnt the carolina panthers. ;)

HughC
05-27-2008, 05:55 PM
Steelers - Seahawks II

KeiselPower99
05-28-2008, 12:26 AM
What about the Saints??

Rhee Rhee
05-28-2008, 12:29 AM

AGREED. I hate how everyone always praises the boys and tony romo even though he hasnt won a single playoff game... those are the ones' that matter.

Eli is a stud and that 2004 QB class will turn out to be a GREAT class if it isnt already (except for phillip the a-hole rivers)...

i see pittsburgh and my surprise pick.... Vikings! (as long as tavaris doesn't do too much a la david garrard and as long as bernard berrian catches all those deep ones and as long as chad greenway makes an impact!)

steelers 31 Vikings 13

TackleMeBen
05-28-2008, 06:43 AM
i could see the vikes making it if they can keep peterson healthy all season.

SteelersJW
05-29-2008, 06:38 PM
I would love to see us beat the Cowboys in the Superbowl, but that might be a little too good to be true. Those jagoffs are still "America's Team" and we're still Pittsburgh, so it would be just as intense as back in the day.

Steel Buckeye
05-29-2008, 09:44 PM
IMO trying to predict who's gonna be playing in SBXLIII is useless. Not one person I know, including myself, gave the Giants a chance at winning SBXLII. Like most people I picked Indy to repeat. It turns out every year I'm wrong so I don't bother trying to guess anymore.

steelreserve
05-30-2008, 04:24 PM
IMO trying to predict who's gonna be playing in SBXLIII is useless. Not one person I know, including myself, gave the Giants a chance at winning SBXLII. Like most people I picked Indy to repeat. It turns out every year I'm wrong so I don't bother trying to guess anymore.

Well, I was right a couple years ago when the Steelers won. I'll be right the next time they win, too.

Newzfoxjr
01-25-2010, 11:44 AM

Going through old posts. How did no one find this after last year? HAHA. EPIC.

steelerdave1969
01-26-2010, 10:26 AM
I did the same thing for some reason Fox..