PDA

View Full Version : Seattle fans STILL complaining about Super Bowl XL

alittlejazzbird
05-27-2008, 02:12 PM
Happened to see this little tidbit in Peter King's MMQB column this week:

• TOUCHÉ. From Mike Barrett, of Toronto: "If Joey Porter is going to raise the issue of getting cheated by the Patriots, then he won't mind a giant asterisk beside the referee-gifted Super Bowl XL win that was bestowed upon his Steelers.''

The only point I'd make, Mike, is that Seattle did not lose that Super Bowl because of the officiating.

Glad to see Peter is the voice of reason here...will they never stop whining?

RoethlisBURGHer
05-27-2008, 02:25 PM
Wow, Seachicken fans are morons.

I go right back to having no respect for that fanbase.

El-Gonzo Jackson
05-27-2008, 02:43 PM
Yeah, I had a hawks fan a few months ago still thinking of SB XL was where they got robbed by the refs.

I tivo-ed the game and the only bad calls were the Hasselbeck tackle on the INT he threw and the non call of a Jeremy Stevens fumble on a 3rd down. The Ben TD was inconclusive.

With Alexander gone and Holmgren retiring after this season, its back to another 20 years of rain, losing and crying in your Starbucks in the Pacific Northwest.

fansince'76
05-27-2008, 02:45 PM
WAAAHHH! WAAAHHH! WAAAHHH! :crying01: :crying01: :crying01: :binky: :binky: :binky:

:yawn: :coffee:

steelergirl07
05-27-2008, 03:08 PM
Welcome to every day of my life.

BettisFan
05-27-2008, 03:13 PM
omg we won that game by a long shot we dominated lol we cheated yea what ever

SuzyPeppercorn
05-27-2008, 03:14 PM
to the user above me.

i'm so sorry

KeiselPower99
05-27-2008, 03:36 PM
I think because it wasnt the prettiest game ever thats why people are still complaining. Now as for an asterik near it...Piss off!!! We won end of story. We didnt cheat to win.

Dino 6 Rings
05-27-2008, 03:46 PM
So let the Hawks fans cry. Its not like they'll be back to the SB any time soon. Its all they had, and all they will ever have to cheer for up there. Well maybe their basketball team...oh wait...my bad.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-27-2008, 03:46 PM
A poorly officiated game and blatant cheating are two totally different things...unless your a Seachicken fan.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v393/Mustangmuscle86/Steelers/Super%20Bowl%20XL/pittvs.gif

MACH1
05-27-2008, 03:58 PM
WAAAHHH! WAAAHHH! WAAAHHH! :crying01: :crying01: :crying01: :binky: :binky: :binky:

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w11/bcrab/0d_3.jpg

Galax Steeler
05-27-2008, 03:58 PM
Let them whine who cares if they want to complain about the officiating then they should do it for both teams.

memphissteelergirl
05-27-2008, 04:03 PM
That s*** is so old and tired now...it's not even worth raising my blood pressure over.

:coffee:

SteelersJW
05-27-2008, 04:16 PM
Save for the first quarter, we completely dominated them in that game. They might have gained more overall yards than us, but we scored and made big plays when it mattered.

Dino 6 Rings
05-27-2008, 05:14 PM
Weren't they supposed to get 'revenge' on us for that superbowl this last season. How did that work out? Oh yeah, Shut Out. Why? because Dick L owns that weak sauce offense that Seattle runs. We smashed their running game in the face in the SB and if not for a short arm toss by Ben that ended up getting picked and returned almost all the way, we'd have completely blown their doors off in that SuperBowl.

stillers4me
05-27-2008, 05:45 PM
Same shit, different day.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..........................

RoethlisBURGHer
05-27-2008, 05:45 PM
What I love about it is that even if they get that TD pass that was called off for PI...and Ben doesn't get the rushing TD (where we were going for a TD on 4th down anyhow if we didn't get one there)...we still win the game.

LVSteelersfan
05-27-2008, 05:54 PM
You can argue with the morons until you are blue in the face but people who think it was the refs will never change their minds. We all know that the game was won EASILY by the Steelers because the Seachickens CHOKED when the game was on the line. Let em whine. The win is in the books and it is ONE FOR THE THUMB.

BettisFan
05-27-2008, 06:18 PM
to the user above me.

i'm so sorry

?????

SteelersTilIDie
05-27-2008, 06:36 PM

word, and even if there were no refs we still would have won big

SteelCityMan786
05-27-2008, 06:41 PM
Wow, Seachicken fans are morons.

I go right back to having no respect for that fanbase.

A bunch of crickets they sound like.

MONTANA GRIZ
05-27-2008, 06:51 PM
Living in Western Montana there are a ton of Seahawk fans, including two of my friends, the bitching never ends. They act like they actually cared about the Seahawks 10 years ago, they are some of the lamest fans in the country.

BlastFurnace
05-27-2008, 08:17 PM
It's time to move on. I don't care what they think anymore.

Preacher
05-27-2008, 11:20 PM
Living in Western Montana there are a ton of Seahawk fans, including two of my friends, the bitching never ends. They act like they actually cared about the Seahawks 10 years ago, they are some of the lamest fans in the country.

Actually...

One thing about Seattle fans...

they have been behind their team for YEARS... there are very few bandwagon fans.

The Kingdom was always sold out.

In truth, Seattle fans are more like Steelers fans than Bengals fans.

Tankus_Maximus
05-27-2008, 11:31 PM
A poorly officiated game and blatant cheating are two totally different things...unless your a Seachicken fan.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v393/Mustangmuscle86/Steelers/Super%20Bowl%20XL/pittvs.gif

Now, THAT is some funny sh!t.

Preacher
05-27-2008, 11:57 PM
Now, THAT is some funny sh!t.

I saw that... without the balloon caption, the day before the SB.

I laughed and laughed....

Actually, I saw it my first time at primantis. Day before the SB... What a time to first visit the burgh!

MACH1
05-28-2008, 12:20 AM
Actually...

they have been behind their team for YEARS... there are very few bandwagon fans.

Their behind Willie too. :chuckle:

http://www-cs-students.stanford.edu/~mbobick/graphics/sb/sb5.jpg

Galax Steeler
05-28-2008, 04:34 AM
Their behind Willie too. :chuckle:

http://www-cs-students.stanford.edu/~mbobick/graphics/sb/sb5.jpg

That run there will remain a memory forever.:sofunny:

SteelCityMan786
05-28-2008, 04:35 PM
Seattle just joined the crowd on the

http://www.discovertravelandtours.com/v3/3/bus_01.jpg

BITTER BUS

Hawk Believer
05-28-2008, 09:08 PM
Actually...

Thanks for not painting us all with a broad brush Preach.:drink:

SteelersMongol
05-28-2008, 09:25 PM
Hey, you guys. No need 2 worry. :popcorn: I know it won't go away soon. :wink02: The Arabs still complain about what the Mongols did 2 them 800 years ago! :horse:

stillers4me
05-28-2008, 09:27 PM
Hey, you guys. No need 2 worry. :popcorn: I know it won't go away soon. :wink02: The Arabs still complain about what the Mongols did 2 them 800 years ago! :horse:

The Arabs complain about what everybody has done to them since the dawn of time.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
05-28-2008, 09:57 PM
Isn't this a bit hypocritical?

If I had a dime for each time you guys whined about the Patsies, I'd probably be able to buy the NFL.

Heck, they seem to have as much right to complain as you guys if thats the case.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IHy5tFI05js

..and this is a better representation of Seattle then that picture of the whimpy liberal guy.

fansince'76
05-28-2008, 10:24 PM
Isn't this a bit hypocritical?

If I had a dime for each time you guys whined about the Patsies, I'd probably be able to buy the NFL.

Heck, they seem to have as much right to complain as you guys if thats the case.

You're full of it. Complaining about the officiating in ONE GAME is NOT THE SAME as seven years of ENDEMIC CHEATING. How do they have a right to complain? If the refs were biased in the Steelers' favor, why was the block in the back on Ben on the long INT NOT called? Why was the clear fumble by Jerramy Stevens that was recovered by Haggans given back to the Seahawks? Where was the 15-yarder for the helmet-to-helmet hit Hines took, out of bounds no less? It was a poorly played game by both teams where the Steelers made three big plays that the Seahawks didn't. Period.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
05-28-2008, 10:51 PM
You're full of it. Complaining about the officiating in ONE GAME is NOT THE SAME as seven years of ENDEMIC CHEATING. How do they have a right to complain? If the refs were biased in the Steelers' favor, why was the block in the back on Ben on the long INT NOT called? Why was the clear fumble by Jerramy Stevens that was recovered by Haggans given back to the Seahawks? Where was the 15-yarder for the helmet-to-helmet hit Hines took, out of bounds no less? It was a poorly played game by both teams where the Steelers made three big plays that the Seahawks didn't. Period.

...and how much does Belicheat knowing the signals help when probably the majority of the league probably does the same thing. The Browns probably do, and believe it or not the Steelers probably aren't as squeaky clean as you'd think.

The league likes teams like Pittsburgh, Green Bay, NEW ENGLAND, New York and Dallas. The rest they really don't care for that much. 9 times out of 10 the Steelers would be favored in any given call against any other team then the above mentioned.

LVSteelersfan
05-28-2008, 11:28 PM

Cool. Another Montana Steelers fan. I grew up in the Billings area. Of course I have been gone for 35 years but a part of me will always be in Montana.

LVSteelersfan
05-28-2008, 11:32 PM
...and how much does Belicheat knowing the signals help when probably the majority of the league probably does the same thing. The Browns probably do, and believe it or not the Steelers probably aren't as squeaky clean as you'd think.

The league likes teams like Pittsburgh, Green Bay, NEW ENGLAND, New York and Dallas. The rest they really don't care for that much. 9 times out of 10 the Steelers would be favored in any given call against any other team then the above mentioned.

You have got to be joking. The Steelers get jobbed on calls by the refs more than any team I can think of over the years. I have never seen so many BS holding calls on tight ends as the Steelers get in the past couple years. I can't say that I saw any holding calls on any other tight ends last year in any games I watched where Heath Miller got called several times when he had his hands in the proper blocking position. Troy Polomolu's INT against Indy. It goes on and on.

fansince'76
05-29-2008, 10:58 AM

Again, you're full of it.

PITTSBURGH -- For the second week in a row, the NFL apologized to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

A week ago, following a loss to the Cleveland Browns, the league acknowledged the Steelers should have gotten an extra 5 seconds after Kent Graham was sacked late in the fourth quarter. The clock ran out as Pittsburgh tried unsuccessfully to attempt a field goal.

This week, coach Bill Cowher said the NFL acknowledged referee Walt Coleman should have granted Pittsburgh a touchdown after reviewing a play in a 23-20 loss to Tennessee.

"It should have been a touchdown," Cowher said Tuesday. "That's great to know."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2000/0926/779621.html

Mike Pereira, the NFL's head of officiating, admitted yesterday that his crew working the Steelers-Jaguars playoff game erred in not calling a holding penalty against Jacksonville on a crucial play that allowed the Jaguars to kick the winning field goal.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08093/869712-66.stm

Fact is the Steelers have been getting screwed, and screwed royally, on calls for years. So if you're going to turn this into a whinefest about getting no love from the officials, talk to the hand. I don't see Steelers fans whining to Peter King years after the fact about the Oscar-worthy flop by Nedney in the '02 playoffs. Therein lies the difference between fanbases.

X-Terminator
05-29-2008, 11:08 AM

Great. Another Browns fan who doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. If you really think that the league loves the Steelers, then either you're blind or just plain damn naive. We have been screwed so many times over the past 10 years it's not even funny. Let's start with the phantom "12 men on the field" call and Cowher stuffing the picture in the referee's shirt pocket, and move on from there. To expound on FS'76's post above, the Steelers probably lead the NFL in apologies for referee screw-ups.

Lather, rinse, repeat... :yawn: :coffee:

Dino 6 Rings
05-29-2008, 11:46 AM
Don't forget, Thanksgiving, Heads, no Tails, no Heads for the over time coin toss fiasco in Detroit. They changed a freaking rule in the book after that mess. Now you call it before its thrown because of that ridiculous ref based mistake.

but no, the refs love the Steelers. Not to mention the Troy P interception that wasn't an interception in the game against the Colts.

SteelersMongol
05-29-2008, 10:07 PM

:thumbsup: Right on the money. :sign11: