PDA

View Full Version : Ezra Butler Anyone?

Rhee Rhee
05-28-2008, 01:09 AM
The man has been charged with driving under the influence and posession of marijuana and has been cut by the san fransisco 49ers...

people can change and i think this man is no exception.

he has a history of playing a 3-4 OLB and ILB as his college had a base 3-4 defense. he is 6'1 245 runs a 4.5 forty and hits like a ton of bricks.. for his career he has 17 sacks and was involved with 50 some tackles behind the L.O.S and recorded 15 Turnovers, 11 of which her Forced fumbles (btw he's only a 3 year starter) As a University of Hawaii fan i get to see him quite often over the past three years and have seen him grow mightily... he is a solid football player and like i have said hits VERY hard. i say give him a 1 year contract. let him earn his spot on the team and if that means playing ST well dammit he better do it. if he doesnt work out and returns to his druggy ways cut him and we lose barely anything...

what say you steeler nation?

Preacher
05-28-2008, 01:44 AM
WHy pick up another teams problems???

No way.

Steel Pit
05-28-2008, 02:15 AM
Even if the Steelers did want him, why would he sign a 1 year contract? It sounds as if you've already convicted him and placed him the NFL's waste can of troubled players. Someone else can have him and they'll sign him to a longer term than 1 year.

Since when did some Steelers fans start believing that the Steelers organization is a safe haven for players with legal problems who are seeking a second chance? That's not the Steelers, never has been and NEVER will be.

Galax Steeler
05-28-2008, 03:42 AM
I would have to say no driving under the influence is one thing but the mariajuana posetion that is two pretty good charges.

BlastFurnace
05-28-2008, 09:21 AM
Will never happen.

Hammer Of The GODS
05-28-2008, 11:21 AM
Since when is it OK to NOT hold atheletes to a higher standard? I don't understand the mindset of some people who believe it is OK to be a degenerate while being paid millions and more importantly setting examples for children. How can I tell my son not to drink and drive and use drugs and then tell him to cheer for a man who does? Wake up people! I don't give a rats arse about how skilled they are. Bottom line is.... it is a privilage to play pro sports and get paid millions while fans adore and cheer for you. If Joe shmoe clock puncher gets caught doing the same thing the public wants his license and his kids taken away from him because he is a bad influence. Why are sports figures given a free ride to flaunt the law and piss on our standards of morality? See also Bill Bellicheat!

Ezra Butler and every chump like him should be ejected out the ass end of the NFL this includes any member of the Steelers too!(no hypocrisy!)

As far as second chances are concerned... I'm sorry, these guys are adults who know the rules of society and they chose NOT to comply! Sorry I give no quarter to dumbasses and idiots!

Think about this.... there are men and women in the military who risk their lives everyday and get paid peanuts! All they get is a yellow sticker on the back of someones car while these douchebag players get their NAME on your back!

end rant..

GO BURGH!

COME ON PENS! SHOW SOME LIFE!

DACEB
05-28-2008, 12:10 PM
The man has been charged with driving under the influence and posession of marijuana and has been cut by the san fransisco 49ers...

i say give him a 1 year contract. let him earn his spot on the team and if that means playing ST well dammit he better do it. if he doesnt work out and returns to his druggy ways cut him and we lose barely anything...

There's a reason San Fran cut him, just like many others to come. Coming June 1st, the new and improved 'player conduct policy'. In this 'new' policy teams will be held accountable also for players 'indescretions', with draft picks taken away possibly. Therefore you will see less and less '2nd chances', as teams will not want to be punished for some clowns actions.

srk173
05-28-2008, 02:45 PM
Didn't you hear that starting June, 1 any player with off the fields will become a major problem for the team. The team will have to pay fines if players have problems and other possible things taken away from the team. Why would we go after a stupid pothead and risk money or picks.

ChronoCross
05-28-2008, 03:17 PM
Never happen.. Never will even get thought about.. 5 Thumbs down on this post..

Hapa
05-28-2008, 04:21 PM
This dude is a beast! 15 Turnovers by himself? I wouldn't mind a try on the practice squad....

Preacher
05-28-2008, 04:29 PM
Didn't you hear that starting June, 1 any player with off the fields will become a major problem for the team. The team will have to pay fines if players have problems and other possible things taken away from the team. Why would we go after a stupid pothead and risk money or picks.

Didn't hear about that one.

Good for the NFL. Now, if they would just own up to the Patricheats...

Dino 6 Rings
05-28-2008, 04:53 PM
No thanks, we aren't that hurting for defense that we need to take risks on guys that will basically turn us into an NFL team from Ohio.

I'll go with what we got and meet the enemy on the field of battle.

TheWarDen86
05-28-2008, 05:14 PM
I have to ask, so aren't the LB's we already have "Better than Ezra?" :rofl:

billybob
05-28-2008, 05:20 PM
Obviously he is a troubled young man.Young is the key word here.If he is interested in turning his life around,and is willing to work for minimum wage,until he proves himself,why not bring him in and give him a look.Couldn't we put a clause in his contract about any detrimentel conduct to our organization,would mean immediate release? There is no reason that he should not be given a second chance.We are all human,and whether we want to admit it or not,we have all made mistakes in our lives.Tough love is what he needs now.Who is to say that the mistakes that he has made,are more or less than the ones we have made.I do not know his history,but he has made it this far,so i can't believe he is that bad of a person.He now has something to prove.I believe he should have the chance to do so.Maybe not with our outstanding team,but a second chance none the less.

ChronoCross
05-28-2008, 09:52 PM
This dude is a beast! 15 Turnovers by himself? I wouldn't mind a try on the practice squad....

He played against weak teams in the WAC.

Great thing about this whole discussion is that the Rooney's will not even look at him.. That is the great thing about are Owners.

Nevada
All-America candidate and candidate for pre- and post-season WAC Defensive Player of the Year...One of 43 players and one of just three from the WAC, named to the initial watch list for the 2007 Lombardi Award...A 2007 preseason first-team All-WAC selection by Blue Ribbon Yearbook... Named Preseason Defensive Player of the Year and to the preseason All-WAC first-team by CollegeFootball News.com... Has started 25 games over the past two seasons.
2006: First-time All-WAC selection was a catalyst on the WAC's second-best defense...Led the Wolf Pack with 71 tackles...Led the WAC, and was 18th nationally, with 17.5 tackles for loss, which totaled 85 yards of losses...Averaged 1.35 tackles for loss per game...Ranked fourth in the conference and 66th nationally in sacks per game with 0.54 as he had 7.0 sacks for losses of 55 yards...Recorded first career interception against Arizona State and returned it 23 yards for his first career touchdown...Had eight tackles, including 1.5 sacks, and a forced fumble against UNLV...Recovered fumbles against Fresno State and Louisiana Tech...Recorded season-high of eight tackles in three different games...Won WAC Player of the Week honors after New Mexico State game with five tackles, including 2.5 for a loss and 1.5 sacks...Led Nevada with seven tackles against Miami in the MPC Computers Bowl...Recorded 3.5 tackles for loss including 1.5 sacks against the Hurricanes in that game.
2005: Moved from defensive line to outside linebacker and started all 12 games as Nevada converted to a 3-4 defensive scheme...Finished second on the team in tackles with 75...Topped the club and ranked fourth in the WAC in tackles for loss with 15.5 for 64 yards...Also shared the team lead with 5.5 sacks for a loss of 37 yards...Had three pass breakups and two forced fumbles on the year...Made a career-high 11 tackles (seven solo) with 2.5 tackles for loss vs. Louisiana Tech...Also had 10 tackles in Nevada's upset of then-No. 16 Fresno State.
2004: Played in eight games as a redshirt freshman...Had five tackles at UNLV and at Hawai`i for his season bests...Made two tackles for loss of seven yards at San Diego State.
2003: Redshirted his first season at Nevada.

Steelman16
05-29-2008, 02:07 AM
Beast or no beast, he doesn't belong on this team. People can turn their lives around, but it's kinda like the FBI say when they're checking into a new recruit's school history... 'Did he lie?' Because if he lied in school, 9 times out of 10, he'll lie later in life too.

I don't think there's any way whatsoever that we'd even consider him.

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-31-2008, 09:23 AM
...Couldn't we put a clause in his contract about any detrimentel conduct to our organization,would mean immediate release? .

All NFL teams have a clause like that...and in Butlers case....it didnt deter him from getting in trouble.

One would think that any player who JUST came into the league would try and keep his nose clean...its not like he has a history behind him that is convincing enough for any team to automatically assume his talents can transfer to the NFL.

Players like Chris Henry will always find coaches who will gamble on proven talent vs character. But rookies who have played zero downs in the league need to be smart enough to understand that they are throwing away the keys to the kingdom...in exchange for a dime bag.