PDA

View Full Version : Sweed to help in unexpected ways

LayinWoodley56
05-29-2008, 01:15 PM
Just read an article about the Steelers plans to use Limas Sweed on special teams to come off the edge and block punts. Not a bad idea considering his length. One finger on the ball could make a big change in the game.

My favorite part of the article said that Sweed has never playon on ST but his quote said he was having fun doing it and was happy to help where ever he could.

I'm loving this kid's attitude more and more. Definitely seems like we got a good fit for us.

LVSteelersfan
05-29-2008, 01:23 PM
Cool. I like to read things like this. Most of the best players in the league had to perform on STs early in their careers to stay with a team. The more that a player can do, the more likely he will stick with a team and actually HELP in areas that need shoring up. Rookie WRs are suspect at best while trying to learn the route running and plays. If they can contribute in other ways, it makes it worth those huge salaries that the team is stuck with. I still think Sweed was a GREAT 2nd round pickup.

The Duke
05-29-2008, 04:08 PM
nice! so I guess sweed is not slow after all

if he can cover kickoffs and tackle even better

start your career the hines ward way sweed!

Galax Steeler
05-29-2008, 04:34 PM
Good to hear sweed is going to contribute in many ways he could be a good one to try and block punts.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-29-2008, 05:23 PM
start your career the hines ward way sweed!

HELL YEAH!

CanadianSteel
05-30-2008, 11:57 AM
Sweed seems to have a Steeler mentality, anything to help the team win, and I hope Ward continues to show him the way!

Elvis
05-30-2008, 01:01 PM
Sounds good. I can only hope that he ends his career with the same mentality and numbers that Hines is putting up.
I just wonder what would happen if he breaks around the corner on a punt and tips the ball with 2 or 3 fingers and breaks 1 or 2 of them? Hmmm... just a thought
:noidea:

Rhee Rhee
05-30-2008, 01:43 PM
wow 6'4 reciever blocking punts... almost like VT... sounds VERY good to me!

and to think i thought he wasn't happy being with the steelers.

DACEB
05-30-2008, 02:16 PM
Sweed seems to have a Steeler mentality, anything to help the team win, and I hope Ward continues to show him the way!

The kid definetly seems to have a good head on his shoulders. I'm sure his attitude (good attitude) goes a long way with Ward also. I will start to worry though, if he starts referring to himself in the 3rd person.