PDA

View Full Version : 2008 marks the 20th anniversary .......

UK CANDY BEE
05-30-2008, 10:07 PM
....of the last season where the Browns took both contests vs the Steelers.

Time to celebrate with ANOTHER ONE !!

...and it is about bloody time, too !!

FEAR THE ELF !!
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z192/BuckeyeDan/hugeBrownieElf.gif

Also celebrating 20 years in business ...
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z192/BuckeyeDan/MTBBlogo.gif

Aussie_steeler
05-30-2008, 10:23 PM
http://www.wayodd.com/funny-pictures2/funny-pictures-yoda-dog-1PU.jpg

"Always with you what cannot be done"

MACH1
05-30-2008, 10:31 PM
http://rankinrob.typepad.com/rankinblog/keebler_elf-thumb.jpg

What you want a :cookie:

CantStop85
05-31-2008, 12:09 AM
lol

tony hipchest
05-31-2008, 12:22 AM
LMAOWNED!!!!!11!!!!!!eleven!!!!!1!!!

:rofl:

RoethlisBURGHer
05-31-2008, 03:13 PM

:toofunny::rofl::toofunny::rofl:

:tt03::tt::tt02::tt03::tt::tt02:

Steelman16
05-31-2008, 03:34 PM

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

Sorry UK, I think you just got your beard cinged. But being nice folks, we'll give ya a free wash-cut-&-shave at any barber shop of your choosing in downtown Pittsburgh.

:drink:

Galax Steeler
06-01-2008, 07:32 AM

:toofunny::toofunny:

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
06-01-2008, 08:33 AM
uhh, dan, when you post this type of stuff, you're sorta just uh, asking for it.

UK CANDY BEE
06-01-2008, 09:42 AM
uhh, dan, when you post this type of stuff, you're sorta just uh, asking for it.

Doesn't bother me in the least.

Most of them will never admit it, but from a purely football standpoint, the rise of the Browns DOES worry them.

When you are on top, as their team obviously is, any legitimate challenge causes concern, and the Browns ARE legit, whether some Steeler fans choose to acknowledge it or not !!

They will continue to live in denial right up to the final gun of the next (and possibly both this season) Browns victory over Pittsburgh !!

So go ahead, Whiz and Black lovers !! LIVE IT UP !!

WHILE YOU STILL CAN........

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z192/BuckeyeDan/BigRevolvingBrownsHelmet.gif

millwalldavey
06-01-2008, 09:45 AM
I think we'll be seeing this post again 20 years from now on the 40th anniversary season

UK CANDY BEE
06-01-2008, 10:06 AM
I think we'll be seeing this post again 20 years from now on the 40th anniversary season

Of course you do !!!

:laughing:

rbryan
06-01-2008, 10:14 AM
I've been hearing the same rhetoric from Browns fans the past 10+ years. Maybe wait till you win something before you start sqawking?? Just a thought.

"We're gonna kick your azz.............next year"....lol

UK CANDY BEE
06-01-2008, 10:41 AM
If the internet had existed back in the 60s, I wonder what Steeler fans would have had to say ??

RoethlisBURGHer
06-01-2008, 11:27 AM
If the internet had existed back in the 60s, I wonder what Steeler fans would have had to say ??

"You may win the game, but we'll damn sure make that win as painfull as possible."

It's well known that from 1933-1970ish that the Steelers didn't win many games. That is also known as the era before the "modern era of professional football". Hell, a lot of that era the forward pass was illegal.

The Steelers weren't known for winning, but they were known for a style of football that left the other team bloody and beaten.

This whole thing with you bringing up the 60's reminds me of when Browns fans tell me that the 1970's Super Bowl wins don't count because they are so old...but then bring up the four NFL Championships the Browns won back in 1050, 1954, 1955, and 1964.

Or when Browns fans bring up the AAFC Championships in 1946, 1947, 1948, and 1949 like I give a crap about them. They must not realize that that conference is defunct, the championships are not recognized, and that the Steelers were not even in that league.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
06-01-2008, 11:50 AM
"Or when Browns fans bring up the AAFC Championships in 1946, 1947, 1948, and 1949 like I give a crap about them. They must not realize that that conference is defunct, the championships are not recognized, and that the Steelers were not even in that league.

To be fair about those AAFC wins, the Browns came into the NFL, and pretty much dominated after that for the next couple of year , thus the point could be made that if they were an NFL team at the time, We could've been champions quite easily.

'course without a certain linebacker from Cleveland who learned under paul brown, We wouldn't be talking about any championships in pittsburgh, now would we? :flap:

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-01-2008, 12:08 PM
Wow...1988?

Hmmmm...so what has happened in the world since you beat us twice?

Berlin Wall comes Down
Panama Invasian
Gulf War
OJ Simpson Trial
Rodney King Incident
First World Trade Center bombing
Branch Davidian Raid
Columbine Shooting
Princess Diana Car Crash
World Wide Web created
Beanie Babies have come and gone
Grunge rock
Panama Canal turned over to Panamanian government
Tailhook affair
Clinton impeached
NAFTA signed into law by Clinton.
Hubble Space Telescope launched
GPS becomes fully operational
Pagers are replaced by mobile phones
The DVD media format is developed
E-mail,,,instant messaging...text messaging...etc
Sienfield...The Cosby Show...Cheers...Home Improvement..and The Simpsons all are introduced.
End of apartheid in South Africa .
The Anita Hill vs. Clarence Thomas federal case
The Channel Tunnel across the English Channel opens
.......etc

RoethlisBURGHer
06-01-2008, 12:15 PM
To be fair about those AAFC wins, the Browns came into the NFL, and pretty much dominated after that for the next couple of year , thus the point could be made that if they were an NFL team at the time, We could've been champions quite easily.

'course without a certain linebacker from Cleveland who learned under paul brown, We wouldn't be talking about any championships in pittsburgh, now would we? :flap:

True, the Browns did come in and dominate when the AAFC finally merged into the NFL. However, we would never know if those championship teams could defeat the NFL's because the two never played, therefore it's a moot point and just speculation.

And nobody ever said that Paul Brown wasn't instrumental to pro football as a whole or that he wasn't istrumental to Chuck Noll. Paul Brown was an effing genious...but many coaches learned from him, not just Chuck Noll.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
06-01-2008, 12:17 PM
True, the Browns did come in and dominate when the AAFC finally merged into the NFL. However, we would never know if those championship teams could defeat the NFL's because the two never played, therefore it's a moot point and just speculation.

And nobody ever said that Paul Brown wasn't instrumental to pro football as a whole or that he wasn't istrumental to Chuck Noll. Paul Brown was an effing genious...but many coaches learned from him, not just Chuck Noll.

hehe, Bill Walsh anyone? :)

millwalldavey
06-01-2008, 12:21 PM

To be perfectly fair... the Browns did win the NFL title their first year after moving into the NFL.

RoethlisBURGHer
06-01-2008, 12:23 PM
hehe, Bill Walsh anyone? :)

Did he learn under Paul Brown as a player and/or assistant coach or did he just expand on Brown's philosphies?

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
06-01-2008, 04:52 PM
Did he learn under Paul Brown as a player and/or assistant coach or did he just expand on Brown's philosphies?

Walsh began his pro coaching career in 1966 as an assistant with the AFL's Oakland Raiders. As a Raider assistant, Walsh was trained in the vertical passing offense of Sid Gillman, favored by Al Davis. Walsh would later modify his own offensive philosophy to favor a predominantly horizontal passing approach.

He then moved to the AFL expansion Cincinnati Bengals in 1968, serving under Paul Brown for seven seasons as one of the architects of the team's offense, built around quarterback Ken Anderson and wide receiver Isaac Curtis.

When Brown retired as head coach following the 1975 season and appointed Bill "Tiger" Johnson as his successor, Walsh resigned and served as an assistant coach for Tommy Prothro with the San Diego Chargers in 1976. In a 2006 interview[4] , Walsh claimed that during his tenure with the Bengals, Brown "worked against my candidacy" to be a head coach anywhere in the league. "All the way through I had opportunities, and I never knew about them," Walsh said. "And then when I left him, he called whoever he thought was necessary to keep me out of the NFL."

Yeesh..The Bungals were even pretty stupid back then.

RoethlisBURGHer
06-01-2008, 08:46 PM
Wow...the Bengals sure did screw the pooch on that one.

Oh...and Walsh got his revenge in two Super Bowl wins over the Bungles.

revefsreleets
06-02-2008, 09:56 AM
Every NFL opening Sunday the sports bars in NEO are packed to the gills with Browns fans, yelling and talking smack to us Steelers fans about how "This is the year", and how revenge will be theirs. And by every week 6-8 or so, year after year after year, there are only a handful of Browns "athletic supporters" left, and they are subdued and keep to themselves, often preferring the deep dark recessed corner booths of the bar, where they can drink their copious amounts of beer (probably required in order to cling to the thin thread of unraveling sanity watching a team lose year after year after year must inevitably bring about) and quietly commiserate their inevitable annual fate, all while repeating the Northeast Ohio mantra "Maybe next year".

Maybe next year, indeed. I admire the spunk, the "never say quit" attitude of these poor miserable loser bastards, so steeped in the permanent reek of failure and loss that the slightest sign of hope is enough for them to desperately cling to. But, let's be serious here. There's no real reason to expect anything but more of the same this year, and this little extra surge of hope just means the inevitable rocks these false hopes and dreams will be shattered against will be just that much more sharp and jagged and painful for the Browns faithful this year.

rbryan
06-02-2008, 10:12 AM
Every NFL opening Sunday the sports bars in NEO are packed to the gills with Browns fans, yelling and talking smack to us Steelers fans about how "This is the year", and how revenge will be theirs. And by every week 6-8 or so, year after year after year, there are only a handful of Browns "athletic supporters" left, and they are subdued and keep to themselves, often preferring the deep dark recessed corner booths of the bar, where they can drink their copious amounts of beer (probably required in order to cling to the thin thread of unraveling sanity watching a team lose year after year after year must inevitably bring about) and quietly commiserate their inevitable annual fate, all while repeating the Northeast Ohio mantra "Maybe next year".

Maybe next year, indeed. I admire the spunk, the "never say quit" attitude of these poor miserable loser bastards, so steeped in the permanent reek of failure and loss that the slightest sign of hope is enough for them to desperately cling to. But, let's be serious here. There's no real reason to expect anything but more of the same this year, and this little extra surge of hope just means the inevitable rocks these false hopes and dreams will be shattered against will be just that much more sharp and jagged and painful for the Browns faithful this year.

Classic

In the immortal words of Jack Lambert "That'll cool your azz off"

vasteeler
06-03-2008, 11:21 AM
Wow...the Bengals sure did screw the pooch on that one.

Oh...and Walsh got his revenge in two Super Bowl wins over the Bungles.

wow i almost forgot the bungles went to two super bowls and the browns have not been to one thats gotta hurt

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
06-03-2008, 11:52 AM
wow i almost forgot the bungles went to two super bowls and the browns have not been to one thats gotta hurt

We've won eight nfl championships though.

It sucks..but, theres not much I can really do about it. :noidea:.

vasteeler
06-03-2008, 01:09 PM
beleive im not ripping on the browns i would much rather see them do well than the bungls or rats

millwalldavey
06-03-2008, 03:12 PM
We've won eight nfl championships though.

It sucks..but, theres not much I can really do about it. :noidea:.

Don't you mean 4 AAFC and 4 NFL Championships? Those first 4 are nothing anymore.

millwalldavey
06-03-2008, 03:13 PM
beleive im not ripping on the browns i would much rather see them do well than the bungls or rats

True dat. Or the Cheats or Philly Crows for me.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
06-03-2008, 04:20 PM
True dat. Or the Cheats or Philly Crows for me.

'bout damn time we bring the rivalry back against you guys. :) It's been in a coma for like...a long time.

Theres been little blips on the radar but nothing yet.

Tankus_Maximus
06-03-2008, 10:08 PM

:iagree: