PDA

View Full Version : b. belichick on cowher

tony hipchest
11-12-2005, 05:28 PM
maybe hes only 98% *******
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

speaking of n. saban

Can you explain what you?ve done the last few years, going down to visit him and talking about schemes?
?We?re friends and we?ve had a coaching association together. We kind of come from the same philosophy and do things we?re both familiar with. Things we run, he understands because he did them. Things he runs I understand because I?ve done them at some point. We talk from time to time. I don?t want to get into a big diary on it. It?s a good relationship. I have a lot of respect for him, as a person, as a friend and I enjoy being with him. We talk about a lot of different things ?- my crummy golf game.?

Are you going to miss that?
?It?s hard when you?re in the same division. It was hard with Bill [Cowher] when I was in Cleveland and he was in Pittsburgh. It was hard. I like Bill. I have a lot of respect for Bill. I think he runs a great program. I think he does as good a job as any coach in the league. It?s hard when you?re in the same division. It?s just hard. We?re still in competition with him in the AFC, and all that, and we play him from time to time. But it?s not quite the same. Bill and I spend time together even though we never worked together, before either one of us became a head coach. Now that we?re not in the same division, it?s just easier, that?s all. There are times when we line up on the other side of the field and it?s tough. It?s like that in the division, but it?s kind of like a daily competition in the division ?- the other teams, they never go away. You?re up against them 365 days a year really. It doesn?t lessen my feelings for him, or anything, but it?s competitive.?

BlitzburghRockCity
11-12-2005, 06:15 PM
Ah some respect from a long time rival :rolleyes:

No matter who is playing for what team..u know BC wants to be BB in the worst way in a big game though.

clevestinks
11-13-2005, 05:51 AM
Respect? Yes! But what the hell was he saying?

Its Hard,Its tough,Its hard, its tough, its hard, its tough, its hard, its tough, its hard, its tough, its hard, its tough.

24seven
11-13-2005, 11:55 AM
yeah it sounds like he's talkin about a piece of jerky..