PDA

View Full Version : Travis Henry Cut

HughC
06-02-2008, 02:18 PM
Dad of the Decade Travis Henry (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/08/25/broncos-running-back-travis-henry-has-nine-children-by-nine-diff/) has been cut by the Broncos. Sound like Mike Shanahan had had enough of Henry's shenanigans.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8089ec54&template=without-video&confirm=true

DENVER -- The Denver Broncos released running back Travis Henry on Monday, saying his commitment to the team was in question.

The Broncos signed Henry to a five-year, $22.5 million contract in March 2007. He was hampered by injuries and off-the-field issues during his only season in Denver, rushing for 691 yards on 167 carries with four touchdowns in 12 games.

"We did not feel his commitment to the Broncos was enough to warrant a spot on this football team," coach Mike Shanahan said in a written statement.

"Although Travis has the ability to be one of the top running backs in the NFL, we have to make decisions that are in the best interests of our organization and its goal of winning a Super Bowl," Shanahan said.

Henry injured a hamstring while running 100-yard sprints before a team passing camp late last month, and wasn't expected to return until the Broncos return for eight days of offseason drills over the first two weeks of June.

The NFL told him in September he had failed a test for marijuana and would be suspended for a year, but challenged the test and the punishment and won. Shanahan gave Henry his full support during that dispute.

Henry would have likely had competition for carries this season. Selvin Young started eight games as a rookie in 2007, rushing for 729 yards and one touchdown. The Broncos also added veteran Michael Pittman, who signed a one-year deal with the team last week.

Before joining the Broncos, Henry played his first six NFL seasons for the Tennessee Titans and Buffalo Bills.

RoethlisBURGHer
06-02-2008, 07:52 PM
Can't blame them...he's more of a distaction than a help.

Hell, I would have cut him after the back child support he owes came out. If you can't take care of your kids (and he had the money to pay it), then I doubt you have a real commitment to anything.

UK CANDY BEE
06-02-2008, 08:42 PM
Unfortunately for me, I have Henry on my Dynasty FF team.

So I am REALLY interested in seeing where he ends up !!

I hope he gets his act together and lands someplace where he can START !!!

Galax Steeler
06-03-2008, 04:54 AM
He is a good running back but he is just a distraction to the team maybe he can get his stuff together.

Dino 6 Rings
06-03-2008, 09:07 AM
I didn't think you could cut injuried players, but I guess that's only in camp.

Oh well, I won't miss this loser.

revefsreleets
06-04-2008, 11:02 AM
Cue the "He'd look good in the B&G at vet minimum" post in 5, 4, 3....

NO NO NO!

fansince'76
06-04-2008, 11:05 AM
Cue the "He'd look good in the B&G at vet minimum" post in 5, 4, 3....

NO NO NO!

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=402717#post402717

:chuckle:

revefsreleets
06-04-2008, 11:25 AM
That brought a tear to my eye...touching!

KeiselPower99
06-04-2008, 12:11 PM
He has got to find work soon the man has 9 kids. I think only Flava Flav has more. And its not hard to Flav to find work on VH1. Maybe they can have a Travis Henry show on there. Unemployed with 9 mouths to feed??? Naw to long....how about bustin it loose??? Hmmm maybe not.

RoethlisBURGHer
06-04-2008, 12:18 PM
He has got to find work soon the man has 9 kids. I think only Flava Flav has more. And its not hard to Flav to find work on VH1. Maybe they can have a Travis Henry show on there. Unemployed with 9 mouths to feed??? Naw to long....how about bustin it loose??? Hmmm maybe not.

LMAO @ bustin it loose!

Oh and Shawn Kemp, the former NBA star, has something like 11 kids in the Cleveland area alone I read in the Cleveland Plain Dealer once.

KeiselPower99
06-06-2008, 01:51 AM
LMAO @ bustin it loose!

Oh and Shawn Kemp, the former NBA star, has something like 11 kids in the Cleveland area alone I read in the Cleveland Plain Dealer once.

Good to see Kemp did something in Cleveland to bad it wasnt on the basketball court for the Cavs.