PDA

View Full Version : Kranchick activated, Williams waived

BB2W
11-12-2005, 10:21 PM
The Steelers activated tight end Matt Kranchick for Sunday's game against the Browns. Kranchick was on the teams practice squad.

Kranchick is needed for depth as tight end Jerame Tuman is listed as questionable on the injury report with an ankle injury.

To make room for Kranchick the Steelers waived veteran cornerback Willie Williams.

link......... http://media3.steelers.com/article/59141/

AvoidLLoyd95
11-12-2005, 10:24 PM
That is too bad. I have Willie's autograph from their Super Bowl year. I'm sure he will be back on the team soon.

BB2W
11-12-2005, 10:31 PM
Williams being released says a lot about the progression of our young cornerbacks...

BlitzburghRockCity
11-12-2005, 11:34 PM
yeah it does, but man it worries me alittle..our experience at DB is very limited now w/ the exception of Townsend..and plus Coc is just coming off an injury.

Damn I really like willie. I hope we can bring him back after Tuman heals !!! but somebody w/ CB injuries issues like the Pats could snatch Williams up quick!

SteelProven
11-12-2005, 11:46 PM
W. Williams maybe a veteran but in pass coverage he's a liability. I think it was time for W. Williams to go, IMO.

bangpow
11-12-2005, 11:59 PM
Hey, they can always pick up Terry Fair again.

:wink:

TasmanianTroy271
11-13-2005, 01:25 AM
Yea, I like Willie. He stepped up big last year, and is really a mentor to our young cornerbacks. I hope we get him back...

BlitzburghRockCity
11-13-2005, 02:02 AM
He's helped out our young DB's alot, I agree Taz !! He may not have quite the speed as before, but having that experience and leadership was important too..but I guess there was werent enough spots for him unfortunately.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-13-2005, 02:09 AM
i like williams but i agree with SProven, willie is getting up there in age, and although he has experience he has lost a step.....its unfortunate that these guys get old but we have a lot of young guys at CB that need to step up.

Koopa
11-13-2005, 02:09 AM
they just making more room for mcfadden they know he's finna take over this shit.

clevestinks
11-13-2005, 08:48 AM
I`m sure Willie being banged up a little had something to do with the move,

Atlanta Dan
11-13-2005, 08:55 AM
When I saw the headline on this thread I was trying to remember if there was another Williams on the team - I agree that Williams will be picked up by somebody (if teh pats took Chad Scott they will take a chance on Williams).

Willie was a good fit last season but the problem on thius D is not the secondary, it is the OLB play

AvoidLLoyd95
11-13-2005, 11:12 AM
Who can forget that tackle he made to save the game in the championship game against the Colts? He came clear across the field to make that ankle tackle behind the line. If he doesn't make that play, the Colts run out the clock. One of the greatest plays ever, but not talked about alot at the time. I hope he returns.

Prosdo
11-13-2005, 05:22 PM
I really like Willie. I think he has really helped these young DB's. It's always nice to have a veteran like that on the squad, but we did need another TE brought in for now. Hopefully Willie will be back.

AvoidLLoyd95
11-13-2005, 05:54 PM
Allright, My current mood is satisfied:smile: