PDA

View Full Version : Pens v. Redwings 6/2/08 - Who Gets Your Game Puck?

HometownGal
06-03-2008, 12:01 AM
Fleury!!! :applaudit::hatsoff:

As I said in the Pens Tidbits thread, however, I have to give special props not only to MAF, but to Gill and Hossa, as well as Talbot and Ruutu who were absolutely relentless! :thumbsup:

fansince'76
06-03-2008, 12:03 AM
Fleury without a doubt. 55 saves? C'mon! :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

Edman
06-03-2008, 12:11 AM
The Flower without a doubt. He stole this game from the Wings.

OneForTheToe
06-03-2008, 01:29 AM
Fleury naturally.

X-Terminator
06-03-2008, 02:05 AM
Fleury, without a doubt. The Pens are making their off-season plans right now if he doesn't come up huge. I just watched the highlights of the game - he was just ridiculous tonight. Without a doubt the best performance I have ever seen out of a Pens goalie in the playoffs.

stlrtruck
06-03-2008, 07:29 AM
Fleury, no doubt

No pound those red wings in game 6 boys!!!

lilyoder6
06-03-2008, 12:43 PM
maf def should get the game puck... i would say that both goalie's played very well last night..

Counselor
06-03-2008, 02:48 PM
Split between MAF and Talbot. MAF wouldn't have gotten to play specitacularly in OT, without that goal with 34.3 seconds left! Unbelieveable.

The Duke
06-03-2008, 02:57 PM
Split between MAF and Talbot. MAF wouldn't have gotten to play specitacularly in OT, without that goal with 34.3 seconds left! Unbelieveable.

true. great team work though :tt03:

still, fleury kept them in the game for so long, he definitely deserves it

stlrtruck
06-03-2008, 02:58 PM

Don't forget though that MAF held his own for the last 30 seconds as the red wings threw several shots his way before time expired in regulation. Then that OT performance should win him an ESPY

SteelCityMan786
06-03-2008, 03:35 PM
Tie between Flower for 55 saves

and Sykora for finally contributing something.

HometownGal
06-03-2008, 03:56 PM
and Sykora for finally contributing something.

You do know that Sykora has been playing hurt, don't you?

Petr said that he would net the game winner last night and that he did! :thumbsup:

Steeler in Carolina
06-03-2008, 04:36 PM
I can't believe how many shots the Red Wings put up. What a game by Fleury.

SteelCityMan786
06-03-2008, 05:44 PM
You do know that Sykora has been playing hurt, don't you?

Petr said that he would net the game winner last night and that he did! :thumbsup:

Yeah I do. I have just been frustrated with him. But hey, I am happy he got something.

Yet again it's not always that a guy at less the 100, can do crazy stuff. :drink:

jjpro11
06-03-2008, 06:23 PM
fleury gets the game puck for the entire series.. that was the best performance by anyone on both teams during the whole series.

Preacher
06-03-2008, 07:09 PM
I only saw from the second OT on...

but Fleury was pretty dang good...

Gotta admit though, I cringe everytime he decides to stickhandle the puck...

tony hipchest
06-03-2008, 07:47 PM
im not one who thinks a gameball (puck) always goes to the best, most important, or outstanding player of a game. i think it is a great way to show appreciation and reward an unsung hero sometimes.

if i were fleury and the team gave me the puck, i would walk over to talbot and hand it to him. if the pens can pull this off, none of this (especially fleury's OT heroics, would be possible.

after all, it is easier to block a shot, than it is to score a goal.

as for BOTH goalies in this series, they have both been amazing. ive watched plenty of roy, hasek, and brodeur in the playoffs/finals (and even fuhr back in the day) and i must say that osgood is playing as well as any goalie i can remember.

fleury has been great, and i understand osgood is the beneficiary of a superb defense, but he has stopped some awesome firepower that the pens possess.

BettisFan
06-03-2008, 08:25 PM
Fluery for sure without fluery we would no way have won

Godfather
06-03-2008, 10:00 PM
The Flower without a doubt. He stole this game from the Wings.

Not according to some of the red wings fans on Fark. The refs stole the game.

I guess high-sticking someone in the face and drawing blood is a ticky-tacky foul that should have been waved off.

KeiselPower99
06-03-2008, 10:36 PM
Fleury was the man last night.

jjpro11
06-04-2008, 01:26 AM
im not one who thinks a gameball (puck) always goes to the best, most important, or outstanding player of a game. i think it is a great way to show appreciation and reward an unsung hero sometimes.

if i were fleury and the team gave me the puck, i would walk over to talbot and hand it to him. if the pens can pull this off, none of this (especially fleury's OT heroics, would be possible.

after all, it is easier to block a shot, than it is to score a goal.

as for BOTH goalies in this series, they have both been amazing. ive watched plenty of roy, hasek, and brodeur in the playoffs/finals (and even fuhr back in the day) and i must say that osgood is playing as well as any goalie i can remember.

fleury has been great, and i understand osgood is the beneficiary of a superb defense, but he has stopped some awesome firepower that the pens possess.

fleury has outplayed osgood overall in this series.. in the first two games you could count on one hand the number of good scoring chances the pens got. after that, the pens have picked it up and are getting some great chances. with those chances came goals. osgood has looked rather ordinary to me from game 3 on. most of our great scoring chances have resulted in the pens shooting themselves in the foot rather than a spectacular save from osgood.. mishandling the puck, errant passes, and missed shots have all kept us from scoring.

i think marian hossa has been the best player on the ice for us aside from fleury.

fansince'76
06-04-2008, 01:51 AM
Not according to some of the red wings fans on Fark. The refs stole the game.

I guess high-sticking someone in the face and drawing blood is a ticky-tacky foul that should have been waved off.

Not to mention that the fashionable thing nowadays seems to be the pussies that insist on bitching about the refs to account for the failings of their teams within pretty much every fanbase of every sport. :coffee:

X-Terminator
06-04-2008, 03:06 AM
Not to mention that the fashionable thing nowadays seems to be the pussies that insist on bitching about the refs to account for the failings of their teams within pretty much every fanbase of every sport. :coffee:

You really have NO idea how sick to death I am of hearing this, especially concerning the Pens. If it isn't the refs giving them "preferential treatment", it's the "Bettman wants the Pens and Crosby to win" conspiracy theory. It's downright disgusting. And if you look at the average ages of most of these "fans," I guarantee you it's between 14-25, though it certainly isn't limited to that age group. If the Wings win, I'd have no problem acknowledging their win and that they were the better team. Too bad most "fans" today can't do the same.

HometownGal
06-04-2008, 06:57 AM
fleury has outplayed osgood overall in this series.. in the first two games you could count on one hand the number of good scoring chances the pens got. after that, the pens have picked it up and are getting some great chances. with those chances came goals. osgood has looked rather ordinary to me from game 3 on. most of our great scoring chances have resulted in the pens shooting themselves in the foot rather than a spectacular save from osgood.. mishandling the puck, errant passes, and missed shots have all kept us from scoring.

i think marian hossa has been the best player on the ice for us aside from fleury.

I have to agree with you, jjpro, on Fleury outplaying Osgood in this series, though both goalies have played pretty much at the top of their respective games. Fleury has faced a lot more pressure overall and some of the saves he has made throughout the series have been phenomenal.

I have to give a lot of credit to the Wings D, however, for the Pens' inability to utilize their offensive firepower to the fullest extent. They are right there as soon as one of our guys touches the puck and they block shots as well as any team out there. Since Game 3, we are finding ways to battle them head on and are taking advantage of scoring opportunities and a couple of mistakes on their part which is what quality teams do. All I kept hearing from the 3 stooges on NBC on Monday night was how low our SOG totals were compared to the Wings. Doesn't matter how many or how few shots are taken - what matters is how many of those shots are put in the net. :doh:

stlrtruck
06-04-2008, 07:25 AM

I think the refs have been really inconsistent during this whole series and most of the playoffs. I hate ticky tack fouls but to think a foul should be waived off - especially if it draws blood is ridiculous. Lord knows if the roles were reversed, they would have been calling for the "hand" to go up.

Did anyone else notice anytime a red wing player got hit the fans were standing and mimicking a penalty (hand in the air)? What the heck do they want the cup hand delivered?

Someone, please someone, anyone, remind these people that they play the game for a reason!!!

LETS GO PENS