PDA

View Full Version : My stab at the opening day depth chart...

LayinWoodley56
06-03-2008, 09:20 AM
QB: Big Ben, C. Batch, D. Dixon
RB: FWP, R. Mendenhall, M. Moore, G. Russell, Carey Davis
WR: Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes, Nate Washington, Limas Sweed, Willie Reid, Dallas Baker
TE: Heath Miller, Matt Spaeth
OT: Marvel Smith, Trai Essex
OG: Chris Kemoeatu, Sean Mahan
C: Justin Hartwig, Sean Mahan
OG: Kendall Simmons, Willie Colon
OT: Max Starks, Willie Colon, Tony Hills

DE: Brett Kiesel, Travis Kirschke
DT: Casey Hampton, Chris Hoke
DE: Aaron Smith, Nick Eason, Booger McFarland
OLB: James Harrison, Andre Frazier
ILB: James Farrior, Keyarion Fox, Mike Humpal
ILB: Lawrence Timmons, Larry Foote
OLB: Lamaar Woodley, Bruce Davis
CB: Deshea Townsend, B-Mac
CB: Ike Taylor, William Gay, Anthony Madison
FS: Ryan Clark, Anthony Smith
SS: Troy Polamalu, Ryan Mundy

K: Jeff Reed
P: Daniel Sepulveda
LS: G. Warren

KR: Willie Reid, M. Moore
PR: M. Moore

lol just bored and thought I'd throw out my opinion of the 08 roster. I guess it's a little unrealistic that every rookie makes the team. Oh well let me know what you guys think.

FordsnSteelers
06-03-2008, 10:23 AM
nice lineup. i dont think willie reid will make the 5th reciever tho. hopefully Bryant Mcfadden starts oppsite Ike and i wanna see Smith start over Clark. Love seeing Timmions in the starting lineup!

xXTheSteelKingsXx
06-03-2008, 11:33 AM
nice lineup. i dont think willie reid will make the 5th reciever tho. hopefully Bryant Mcfadden starts oppsite Ike and i wanna see Smith start over Clark. Love seeing Timmions in the starting lineup!

I agree. Drop Reid and add Dekker at TE.

steelersfanman92
06-03-2008, 11:45 AM
I dont think Reid will make it and Foote will start of Timmions but i hope Timmoins still gets good PT

CanadianSteel
06-03-2008, 12:37 PM
Just a guess but perhaps Jeremy Bloom or one of the other newbies who can return KO & punts and play defensive special teams will take Willie Reids spot.
Reid's has had his chance IMO unless he lights it up as a WR/KR during preseason this year.

The Duke
06-03-2008, 03:38 PM
no reid and add a TE

And maybe B Mac starting

other than that, good job :thumbsup:

ChronoCross
06-03-2008, 03:41 PM
bloom, mahan, will be cut period.. worthless players.
Reid will make a WR position at 5 are 6.. Regardless the boy is fast and just needs to mature.. he will not be the special teams guy tho.. Remember we run in Arians offense a 3 TE set so look for Dekker to make it also.

Hapa
06-03-2008, 05:35 PM
I definitely think that Sweed will be above Nate

Galax Steeler
06-04-2008, 04:33 AM

That is what I was a thinking also unless Nate shows something pretty soon then Sweed will be ahead of him.

steelymcmatt
06-05-2008, 12:04 PM
bloom, mahan, will be cut period.. worthless players.
Reid will make a WR position at 5 are 6.. Regardless the boy is fast and just needs to mature.. he will not be the special teams guy tho.. Remember we run in Arians offense a 3 TE set so look for Dekker to make it also.

I'm not sure Bloom is going to make it with our depth at WR, but I think Mahan will be on the roster as a backup, especially since he can play (at least to some extent) two positions on the offensive line.

steelymcmatt
06-05-2008, 12:06 PM

:iagree:

Steeldude
06-05-2008, 01:09 PM
i think hills and dixon will either be cut or placed on the practice squad.

SteelCityFan
06-05-2008, 06:26 PM
I love the thought of having Harrison, Farrior, Timmons and Woodley starting at LB. I think we would be able to apply some serious pressure on a regular basis with those 4 LB'ers. I still hold out hope for Reid. I hope he can get his act together and start returning kicks like he did in college. It's his 3rd year, it's now or never. I hope he realizes that. Is anyone else overly excited about Mendenhall and Sweed like I am?