PDA

View Full Version : things heat up at spring practice

DACEB
06-04-2008, 02:19 PM
The heat rises and tempers flare, at least it wasn't Kemo!

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08156/887292-66.stm

Willie Colon, the team's starting right tackle, went to the ground at their indoor practice facility while wrestling with second-year linebacker Lawrence Timmons. Not long after, veteran backup tackle Trai Essex and linebacker Arnold Harrison went at it.

The Duke
06-04-2008, 02:55 PM
hey as long as it's not the whole 85 man roster (ravens :flap:)

gotta love Colon's attitude. we need more of that on the linemen. and timmons, bravo! :hatsoff: show the nasty attitude the D needs

essex and arnold.... you just have fun :laughing:

millwalldavey
06-04-2008, 03:27 PM
I love it. We need to see some nasty.

Preacher
06-04-2008, 03:37 PM
Well....

anyone doubt that Timmons is feeling better?

:chuckle:

TackleMeBen
06-04-2008, 03:41 PM
this is my favorite paragraph.

Perhaps watching the Penguins and Detroit Red Wings in the Stanley Cup Finals rubbed off on the Steelers today because they held a practice and a hockey game broke out.

The Duke
06-04-2008, 03:42 PM
Well....

anyone doubt that Timmons is feeling better?

:chuckle:

he's a bust I'm telling you. a bust! :rolleyes:

Preacher
06-04-2008, 03:47 PM
he's a bust I'm telling you. a bust! :rolleyes:

:laughing:

then again.. Willie is not a good RB either.

Dino 6 Rings
06-04-2008, 04:43 PM
Good, now feed them raw meat until August and slap their mamma's in the face once a day until September. I need anger, hatred, and violence!

yes....yes...more violence!!!

Texasteel
06-04-2008, 06:39 PM
You think that maybe these guys are a little embarrassed at the way the season ended last year, and are coming back in a bad mood?

billybob
06-04-2008, 06:52 PM
Well it was bound to happen.Everybody and thier brother has been bashing them for so long,what could you expect.I like the spark that i knew all the long they possess.Them are some big boys to be talkin bad about.Now they are fed up with all the chatter,and want to get down to the nitty gritty! I applaud them! Soon all you nay-sayers will be applauding them toooooooo!:tt:

billybob
06-04-2008, 07:25 PM
I hope i can say this without offending anyone,but i shit you not,the offensive line will be a force to be dealt with by the opposing defensive line.Bill knew what he was doing,and Mr. Mike ain't no dummy either.I have to say i am sorry,but i could not sit by and listen to all the people cut on our offensive line.That was not where our problems lay last season,and to be frank,i still believe that today! Todays practice was a mini example of what is to come.I wonder if Timmons won that match-up?With the speed and agility i don't doubt it.But i am sure he will think twice,before trying it again.
I know i have been covering for our offensive line extensively,but that is only because i believe that is not where the problem is. The play that you call has to compliment your line personell.Our own Big-Ben called his own coverage for the first time last season.He made the pro-bowl.I am not the oldest Steeler fan around,but considering our tradition concerned with offensive lineman,i think we are pretty much ready to make a statement,as witnessed in practice today!

Tankus_Maximus
06-04-2008, 08:42 PM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!

Gives me goose bumps to hear our hogs are gettin mean.....

SteelersMongol
06-04-2008, 09:07 PM
Good, now feed them raw meat until August and slap their mamma's in the face once a day until September. I need anger, hatred, and violence...

:rofl:

moedap
06-04-2008, 09:24 PM
"Willie Colon, the team's starting right tackle, went to the ground...while wrestling with second-year linebacker Lawrence Timmons."

This tells me Timmons knows how to get leverage on someone who weighs more than him plus has the strength to bring him down.

billybob
06-04-2008, 09:24 PM
I love all of my steel brothers,and i have turned the other cheek when it comes to the chatter of the offensive line,but a man can only take sooooo much! I stick like glue,right beside them,and will never turn my back on them! They never have,but now do,the chance to prove themselves! What is a little 240 or so linebacker that is young and strong,gonna do to our 340+ offensive lineman?Shake it up baby now! We are now built for moving the ball down field.That my steel brothers,is what we shall do.
This is our offense,that is thier defense........any questions?:helmet:

billybob
06-04-2008, 09:34 PM
"Willie Colon, the team's starting right tackle, went to the ground...while wrestling with second-year linebacker Lawrence Timmons."

This tells me Timmons knows how to get leverage on someone who weighs more than him plus has the strength to bring him down.

Ain't takin not a single thing away from Timmons! But we do not need stupid penalty's either! It could take a 3rd 3,and create a first down! After we had them stopped!:banging:

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-04-2008, 10:43 PM
Colon was mean as a rookie and is a tough kid. Not surprising that he got in a scuffle.

I'm more surprised he is listed as the starting RT.....I thought either Starks or Smith were supposed to be the RT according to most on this board.??

Hannity_on_Holmes
06-05-2008, 12:45 AM
despite all the humidity-induced angst around him, Tomlin looks like he knows how to control a situation. I was just watching NFL's "top 10 most cr@ptacular Head Coaches" and appreciated so much to have a head coach that can comandeer the steelers so well. the team loves him (refer to the article about moore on the homepage), and i believe we have a damn good chance at the superbowl next year.
it's gonna be close, but blitzburgh can make the playoffs.

Hannity_on_Holmes
06-05-2008, 12:46 AM
btw Nick Saban is a gigantic Douche.

Galax Steeler
06-05-2008, 03:34 AM
I hope they can carry some of this aggresion into the season they need to keep the attitude.

CanadianSteel
06-05-2008, 10:31 AM
Scuffles during practice cab be a good thing, shows that players have pride in their abilities and Tomlin seemed to address that with his commnets.

steelymcmatt
06-05-2008, 10:45 AM
:laughing:

then again.. Willie is not a good RB either.

While we're at it, why don't we get rid of that bum of a QB.....Dixon has to be our future!:rofl:

Rhee Rhee
06-08-2008, 11:51 PM
Timmons v.s Colon... hmmmm

i wish it was casey hampton and colon... just imagine the ground shaking when they fall..