PDA

View Full Version : Changes in single game tickets for 2008?

SuperSteelers
06-05-2008, 12:04 PM
I'm on the season ticket waiting list, and I just got my letter from the Steelers yesterday. It looks like they are doing away with the single game tickets this year. It says that single game tickets will be offered through Ticketmaster this year. What is not clear is whether individuals on the waiting list will get preference, or if they will be open to the general public on a first-come/first-serve basis.

Anybody have any further info?

RoethlisBURGHer
06-05-2008, 06:12 PM
I personally hope they are open to the general public so I have a chance at going to a game.

stlrtruck
06-06-2008, 09:28 AM
It's the same as last year. Waiting list no longer has preference on the sale of individual game tickets.

srk173
06-06-2008, 03:56 PM
You would think the waiting list would have preference to keep the other teams fans out of the stadium. They do it in the playoffs by giving the waiting list an early sale. They even give anyone who buy merch from their website an advance purchase number. There should be alot of tickets available since there is so many late starting games this year. I live in toledo and usually go to 2 to 3 games a year and since the schecdule is so screwed up, I am probably going to 1 and watching the rest in HD. It seems to be a better presentation of the game anyway.

SteelCityMan786
06-07-2008, 10:18 PM
I'm on the season ticket waiting list, and I just got my letter from the Steelers yesterday. It looks like they are doing away with the single game tickets this year. It says that single game tickets will be offered through Ticketmaster this year. What is not clear is whether individuals on the waiting list will get preference, or if they will be open to the general public on a first-come/first-serve basis.

Anybody have any further info?

As mentioned this is nothing new. Last year they did this. Personally though I think waiting list people should get first preference.

fansince'76
06-07-2008, 10:28 PM
You would think the waiting list would have preference to keep the other teams fans out of the stadium. They do it in the playoffs by giving the waiting list an early sale. They even give anyone who buy merch from their website an advance purchase number.

That's "Ticketshafter" for you. :mad: