PDA

View Full Version : Lesbian kisses at game ignite Seattle debate

SteelersMongol
06-05-2008, 10:02 PM
SEATTLE, Washington -- Most of the time, a kiss is just a kiss in the stands at Seattle Mariners games. The crowd hardly even pays attention when fans smooch.

Sirbrina Guerrero complained after an usher told her to stop kissing her date at a Seattle Mariners game in May.

But last week, a lesbian complained that an usher at Safeco Field asked her to stop kissing her date because it was making another fan uncomfortable.

The incident has exploded on local TV, on talk radio and in the blogosphere and has touched off a debate over public displays of affection in generally gay-friendly Seattle.

"Certain individuals have not yet caught up. Those people see a gay or lesbian couple and they stare or say something," said Josh Friedes of Equal Rights Washington. "This is one of the challenges of being gay. Everyday things can become sources of trauma."

As the Mariners played the Boston Red Sox on May 26, Sirbrina Guerrero and her date were approached in the third inning by an usher who told them their kissing was inappropriate, Guerrero said.

The usher, Guerrero said, told them he had received a complaint from a woman nearby who said that there were kids in the crowd of nearly 36,000 and that parents would have to explain why two women were kissing.

"I was really just shocked," Guerrero said. "Seattle is so gay-friendly. There was a couple like seven rows ahead making out. We were just showing affection."

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/US/06/05/seattle.kiss.ap/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

:chuckle: Oh, Seattle. :laughing:

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
06-05-2008, 10:47 PM
Seattle does have a lot of lesbos from what I've heard..

Though to be fair, the seahawks are quite loud for being in such a "liberal" town, I'll give them a lot of credit in that area.

And to also be fair, I've been to an area between Pittsburgh and DC in West Virgina/MD area, and there was an intresting mix of Bureaucrats (who live in DC and commute), Redneck Good Ol Boys and Gays all living in some type of weird harmony. I'm not kidding.So its not to say that this couldn't auctually occur in places other than Seattle.

MACH1
06-05-2008, 10:50 PM
Finally, something else to whine about.

tony hipchest
06-05-2008, 11:24 PM
As the Mariners played the Boston Red Sox ...

that would explain the gayness.

hey tom! get a room!

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
06-05-2008, 11:40 PM
that would explain the gayness.

hey tom! get a room!

Ah, yes, one of the few things Pittsburgh and Cleveland fans can agree on.

BOSTON AND NEW YORK SUCKS. :flap:

X-Terminator
06-06-2008, 12:17 AM
I don't care if they were gay or not, I don't want to see two people making out at a baseball game, or any other public event. There's this thing called a BEDROOM for that sort of thing. So you have to make out in order to show affection in public? Since when? I sit next to an openly lesbian couple at PNC Park for baseball games and they don't resort to that. Sheesh people...show a little tact and respect for others! Oh that's right, those are foreign concepts these days. :doh:

Preacher
06-06-2008, 12:22 AM
I don't care if they were gay or not, I don't want to see two people making out at a baseball game, or any other public event. There's this thing called a BEDROOM for that sort of thing. So you have to make out in order to show affection in public? Since when? I sit next to an openly lesbian couple at PNC Park for baseball games and they don't resort to that. Sheesh people...show a little tact and respect for others! Oh that's right, those are foreign concepts these days. :doh:

Ding ding ding.

Hawk Believer
06-06-2008, 12:38 AM
I agree that there are lines that should not be crossed in public in the PDA department, be they straight or gay.

But the people involved state that they were just giving eachother pecks when the Mariners scored or something like that (which frankly hasn't been that often this year).

If that is true, then I think the usher was totally wrong as they have no problem with straight people kissing. Heck, they even routinely have a "kissing cam" inbetween an inning where they put couples on the big screen and have them kiss.

If it was a total tonsil hockey session, then yeah, they needed to be told to tone it down. But nobody else has come out to say that was the case. Course they might be afraid of being labeled a bigot.

There is a little bit of a backlash against one of the women that started in the last day or two out here. One of the women in question has been in the press doing inteviews and stuff. To her credit, she has been sayign she isn't trying to sue for money or anything, she just wants to be allowed to be treated by teh same rules as a straight couple. It turns out that she has been on some reality TV show that I have never heard called Tila Tequila and has been filmed doing some pretty lewd stuff in public before. Now that doesn't mean that she was being inappropriate at the game. But it has led more people out here to question her veracity regarding the low key nature of their affection. And term "attention wh*re is getting thrown out by unsympathetic observers...

Here is a link...http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/thebigblog/archives/140520.asp

j-dawg
06-06-2008, 12:42 AM
and they've got the "kiss cam" to top it off.... hockey, basketball, baseball.... glad they don't do that crap in football.

KeiselPower99
06-06-2008, 12:57 AM
I agree keep it in the bedroom. I dont care if your gay straight or doing farm animals dont bring it into the public.

Hawk Believer
06-06-2008, 12:58 AM
and they've got the "kiss cam" to top it off.... hockey, basketball, baseball.... glad they don't do that crap in football.

During some of the dark years in the Kingdome, one of the only things to get excited about during a Mariner's game was the animated hydro race between the 5th inning. Nowadays we can at least look out over the Sound and see a nice sunset over the Olympic mountains if the Mariners performance is burning our eyes.

I don't know if this got played much on national shows or not, but our skipper McClaren threw a gigantic F-bomb laced hissy fit in a press conference after they got swept by the Angels last night. Here is a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4xjkYfKuHo
Lou Pinella used to seem a bit more authentic when he was swearing.

TroysBadDawg
06-06-2008, 04:18 AM
Sheesh people...show a little tact and respect for others! Oh that's right, those are foreign concepts these days. :doh:

Give that man a cigar, he rang the bell.

To bad other groups of people don't know the meaning of respect i.e. flaunting gays.

If your gay ... fine ... but keep it at home. But then again what do you expect from the California, the Granola Kids.

RoethlisBURGHer
06-06-2008, 07:37 PM
I don't know if this got played much on national shows or not, but our skipper McClaren threw a gigantic F-bomb laced hissy fit in a press conference after they got swept by the Angels last night. Here is a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4xjkYfKuHo
Lou Pinella used to seem a bit more authentic when he was swearing.

LAMEST RANT EVER

It had to have been staged. I mean, he threw f-bombs inf ront of terms like "buckle it up". Who even uses that term anymore, besides him?

Dino 6 Rings
06-09-2008, 09:02 AM

It seems to me, that if you're gay or lesbian, you don't have to show tact. Showing tact would mean you're being discriminated against. So they can act the fool in public and people have to deal with it, otherwise you're just being a hater.

and people want to know why gays and lesbians are given a hard time. Sometimes, I wonder if they aren't just bringing it on themselves these days. "look at us, we're gay, look us make out in public." Um, yeah...its gross if you're straight or gay, PDA should be kept to a minimum. Hold hands, little pecks, maybe a butt tap here or there, but the making out heavy stuff, come on. Stop making "statements" already.

Godfather
06-09-2008, 09:59 AM
Here's one half of the couple:

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/US/06/05/seattle.kiss.ap/art.kiss.ap.jpg

If they decide to settle the issue by having her make out with a guy, I'll volunteer for duty.

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-09-2008, 10:37 AM
I think it was "Dizzy" Dean who was fired as a broadcaster due to a comment he made over the air in regards to a couple getting a little "amorous" in the stands...I think he said..."He kisses her between the strikes..and she kisses him between the balls" :chuckle:

Stu Pidasso
06-10-2008, 11:12 PM
I was just going to ask if they were hot.... lol

steelergirl07
06-11-2008, 10:02 AM
They state before the game that you can get kicked out for PDA. It's even posted before you enter. She just wants her 15 mins. This is the same chick that was on A shot at Love with Tila Tequila right?

Gay or not, kids are at these games.

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-11-2008, 10:28 AM
They state before the game that you can get kicked out for PDA. It's even posted before you enter. She just wants her 15 mins. This is the same chick that was on A shot at Love with Tila Tequila right?

Hmmmmm...that may explain some things.

Hawk Believer
06-11-2008, 01:39 PM

She was on that reality show. I have never heard of it. Is it pretty lewd in general?

Safeco Field do es have rules against extreme PDAs. But at the same time they condone and encourage reasonable PDAs amongst straight people with the kissing cam.

So for me it all goes back to... If they were really just giving eachother small pecks like they contend, then the Ms were in the wrong. If they were full on going at it than they,, like any other straight couple doing the same, should have been told to knock it off.

steelergirl07
06-11-2008, 05:56 PM
She was on that reality show. I have never heard of it. Is it pretty lewd in general?

Safeco Field do es have rules against extreme PDAs. But at the same time they condone and encourage reasonable PDAs amongst straight people with the kissing cam.

So for me it all goes back to... If they were really just giving eachother small pecks like they contend, then the Ms were in the wrong. If they were full on going at it than they,, like any other straight couple doing the same, should have been told to knock it off.

It's a very lewd show. It's Tila Tiquila (some internet chick) searching for "love" with guys and girls as contestants.

Steeldude
06-18-2008, 12:56 AM
It's a very lewd show. It's Tila Tiquila (some internet chick) searching for "love" with guys and girls as contestants.

the lady is pathetic. i read part of an article on her before she became famous. she was going on about how she didn't know her race. she then went on to say how she slept around in various street gangs.

she is as phoney as a person can get.

tila tequilla :monkey:

Preacher
06-18-2008, 01:04 AM
Why does this whole thing sound like a ploy for that stupid show???

lilyoder6
06-18-2008, 09:21 AM
well it is on the 2nd season of in love w/ tila... idk bout this but oh well

steelergirl07
06-18-2008, 10:09 AM
I also read somewhere that Tila said the reason California passed the gay marriage thing was because of her show.

I just want her and her whole show to go away.

Preacher
06-18-2008, 01:47 PM
I also read somewhere that Tila said the reason California passed the gay marriage thing was because of her show.

Really? She said that?

talk about self-absorbed.

Jeremy
06-18-2008, 03:59 PM
It's a VH1 show......only slighly above shows like Keeping Up With the Kardashians.

Preacher
06-18-2008, 04:28 PM
It's a VH1 show......only slighly above shows like Keeping Up With the Kardashians.

No wonder I have never seen it....

and I have a feeling I never want to see it either.

lilyoder6
06-19-2008, 09:46 AM
don't u want to see women and men falling all over the place to aquire her love?? lol

Steeldude
06-19-2008, 11:08 AM

isn't she just a fine catch. :toofunny:

they should dwell deeper into her personal life and ask her how many STDs she has contracted over the years. then she can say her show made california aware of the importance of safe sex.

Big7BenHOF
06-25-2008, 12:57 AM
Hey! That's from the Tila Tequila show! I've been watching this whole season, hah.