PDA

View Full Version : Steelers OWN the AFC North

RoethlisBURGHer
06-05-2008, 10:29 PM
The Steelers combined record versus the other three teams in the AFC North: 118-95

Steelers all-time record against the Cleveland Browns 57-55

Steelers all-time record against the Cincinnati Bengals: 46-30

Steelers all-time record against the Baltimore Ravens: 15-10

AFC North Championships

Steelers: 3 (2002, 2004, 2007)

Browns: 0

Bengals: 1 (2005)

Ravens: 2 (2003, 2006)

I THINK IT'S SAFE TO SAY THAT IF THE AFC NORTH WAS A MOUNTAIN, THE STEELERS WOULD BE THE KINGS OF THAT MOUNTAIN.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
06-05-2008, 10:55 PM
I thought the all-time rekkid was 57-55?

RoethlisBURGHer
06-05-2008, 11:02 PM
Shit, typo. Okay, I'm gonna fix it.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
06-05-2008, 11:03 PM
Shit, typo. Okay, I'm gonna fix it.

To 57-56? :)

just messing :P. Have no idea how thats gonna turn out 'till gameday.

RoethlisBURGHer
06-05-2008, 11:08 PM
To 57-56? :)

just messing :P. Have no idea how thats gonna turn out 'till gameday.

It could happen.......if you were trippin on acid! :flap:

Tankus_Maximus
06-06-2008, 07:33 AM
It could happen.......if you were trippin on acid! :flap:

"If" is a gargantuan word...."If" the Queen of England had a package, she'd be a King!
:king:

UK CANDY BEE
06-06-2008, 08:49 AM
The Steelers are operating under a false impression.

They don't "own" the AFCN, it is merely a LEASE !!

....and they have that HUGE balloon payment coming up that I don't see them being able to make !!

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z192/BuckeyeDan/smallBrownshelmet.gifhttp://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z192/BuckeyeDan/beer.gif

MACH1
06-06-2008, 09:44 AM
The only balloons you'll see is the one's that are released when we are crowned division champs.

lilyoder6
06-06-2008, 10:25 AM
damn then we have been leasing the top 4 some long time now.. either way u look at it we are still on the top

UK CANDY BEE
06-06-2008, 11:10 AM
damn then we have been leasing the top 4 some long time now.. either way u look at it we are still on the top

Hard to dispute that, but no matter what the term of the lease is, they all have that BIG payment at the end !!

Cleveland will be coming to COLLECT it !!...... or TAKE possession !!

But the qestion is, once again, can the Steeler MAKE that payment ??

We'll all begin to find out in about 100 days !!!

revefsreleets
06-06-2008, 02:42 PM
The real question is, if the Browns collapse again under their own weight, will the franchise be sold or moved again? Just curious.

Think that would ever happen to the Steelers? (There is no way I could ever pour as much sarcasm into that last remark as I'm actually feeling)

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
06-06-2008, 07:07 PM
The real question is, if the Browns collapse again under their own weight, will the franchise be sold or moved again? Just curious.

Think that would ever happen to the Steelers? (There is no way I could ever pour as much sarcasm into that last remark as I'm actually feeling)

Thats sort of a d**k thing to say, no offense. The '95 move had nothing to do with our Fans showing up, as we were sold out like..98% of the time,and we were more than willing to build Uncle Scum a Stadium.I highly doubt the Browns EVER move again. Without a promise from the nfl that we'd get a new franchise and such, the city and river would probably be burning for about 5 years. I can see bomb threats being called into NFL headquarters, and the HOF probably would face the same.

The day that happens, is the day that I never watch another NFL game again ever. The whole city of Cleveland would turn our backs on the league and they would never see a cent of our money.

I'll bet money though, someone like the CFL or some hotshot would try to start a new league and Cleveland would get a Franchise.

Now as for Pittsburgh, if the Rooneys ever sell the franchise to someone from the outside, I'd be pretty nervous, as LA is wide open for a new Franchise.

RoethlisBURGHer
06-06-2008, 07:17 PM
Thats sort of a d**k thing to say, no offense. The '95 move had nothing to do with our Fans showing up, as we were sold out like..98% of the time,and we were more than willing to build Uncle Scum a Stadium.I highly doubt the Browns EVER move again. Without a promise from the nfl that we'd get a new franchise and such, the city and river would probably be burning for about 5 years. I can see bomb threats being called into NFL headquarters, and the HOF probably would face the same.

The day that happens, is the day that I never watch another NFL game again ever. The whole city of Cleveland would turn our backs on the league and they would never see a cent of our money.

I'll bet money though, someone like the CFL or some hotshot would try to start a new league and Cleveland would get a Franchise.

Now as for Pittsburgh, if the Rooneys ever sell the franchise to someone from the outside, I'd be pretty nervous, as LA is wide open for a new Franchise.

If the Browns were ever moved again, I would join in the rioting.

I seriously do not see the Browns ever being moved again. The NFL did something for Cleveland that it never did for any of the other teams that moved. The promised Cleveland a new team, and the forced the moving owner to leave the name, colors, and history behind.

Art Modell was offered a stadium in the Gateway Project and he turned it down. He then used the Indians and Cavs getting new homes as ammo to move the team.

I believe that Art Modell hated the city of Cleveland. He did everything he could do to screw this city. He put a bad team on the field and the fans still showed up en mass.

He has also never been back since the move. Good idea, seeing how he would be found dead in an alley somewhere....that's one case that would never be solved.

I don't see Randy Lerner selling the Browns...and if he did I believe that he would do everything he could to make sure the new owner wouldn't move the team.

As for the Rooneys selling the Steelers. That isn't going to happen in our lifetime...and probally in the next few either.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
06-06-2008, 07:27 PM
If the Browns were ever moved again, I would join in the rioting.

I seriously do not see the Browns ever being moved again. The NFL did something for Cleveland that it never did for any of the other teams that moved. The promised Cleveland a new team, and the forced the moving owner to leave the name, colors, and history behind.

Art Modell was offered a stadium in the Gateway Project and he turned it down. He then used the Indians and Cavs getting new homes as ammo to move the team.

I believe that Art Modell hated the city of Cleveland. He did everything he could do to screw this city. He put a bad team on the field and the fans still showed up en mass.

He has also never been back since the move. Good idea, seeing how he would be found dead in an alley somewhere....that's one case that would never be solved.

I don't see Randy Lerner selling the Browns...and if he did I believe that he would do everything he could to make sure the new owner wouldn't move the team.

As for the Rooneys selling the Steelers. That isn't going to happen in our lifetime...and probally in the next few either.

Need I post the things that Uncle Scum did to the franchise after '64?

* Fired the single most prolific coach in football history, Paul Brown, for refusing to play a man dying from lukemia only two years into his ownership of the team.
o If it was about the trade, who the hell was Modell to question it? Brown was a 6% team owner, too.
o If it was about not playing Davis, well he died a year after being diagnosed and Modell is a bastard.
* Drove arguably the greatest running back of all time, Jim Brown, out of town and into retirement at only 29 years of age
o Because he wanted to come late to training camp. Great trade off, Art.
* World's largest hypocrite
o Brooklyn Dodger fan who "felt saddened and betrayed" when the team left in 1958
o Criticized the Raiders move to LA in 1982
o Criticized Robert Irsay for moving the Colts in 1984
o Lied to a city and stole its team in 1996
* Incredibly, claims he was "losing money" owning a NFL franchise in the 1990s in a city with the most loyal fan base in the NFL [1]
o VOLUNTARILY PASSED on the Gateway project and then cited his lack of a new stadium as a reason for the move.
* Moved during the day not in the middle of the night which eliminates any possibility of it being betrayal
* Initially wanted to steal the team history, too, until fans and public pressure from both Cleveland AND Baltimore convinced him to leave it.
* Hasn't visited Cleveland since 1996 and won't until after he dies if he knows what's good for him
* Will never, ever make it into the Hall of Fame because the drive from Cleveland to Canton is short enough that there's still plenty of gas left in the tank to torch the entire profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltering building
o Seriously, no way in hell
* When asked why he didn't just sell the franchise, claimed he wanted to leave it to his family
o Then sold the franchise years later in Baltimore, to someone not in his family
http://www.sportsargumentwiki.com/index.php?title=Art_Modell

Make no mistake, The Browns moving had nothing to do with the fans or even the city that matter. In fact a lot of fans are now arguing that him leaving might have been a good thing, as now we have Phil actually knows how to not screw up a franchise.

RoethlisBURGHer
06-06-2008, 07:42 PM
Art Modell has to be somewhere near the top of the list of worst owners in sports, EVER.

The funny thing is, for how much Steelers and Browns fans hate each other...they both hate Art Modell just about equally.

I also know a good amount of Steelers fans that hate Butch Davis...though he was ruining you guys which was good for us. I am one of those Steelers fans. I just think Butch Davis was a complete egotistical dickhead.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
06-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Art Modell has to be somewhere near the top of the list of worst owners in sports, EVER.

The funny thing is, for how much Steelers and Browns fans hate each other...they both hate Art Modell just about equally.

I also know a good amount of Steelers fans that hate Butch Davis...though he was ruining you guys which was good for us. I am one of those Steelers fans. I just think Butch Davis was a complete egotistical dickhead.

Is that true that Rooney had a "Save The Browns" rally-like thing on TV to encourage Moddell not to move us?

I'd be just as pissed if you guys were moved to another city. I'd bet money that the majority of Browns fan would agree with me on that.

RoethlisBURGHer
06-06-2008, 09:33 PM
Is that true that Rooney had a "Save The Browns" rally-like thing on TV to encourage Moddell not to move us?

I'd be just as pissed if you guys were moved to another city. I'd bet money that the majority of Browns fan would agree with me on that.

I don't know if he did or not, but it wouldn't surprise me if he did.

I was in like fifth grade when the Browns moved and I have lived in Cleveland my entire life...so I wouldn't really know what things Dan Rooney did in the city of Pittsburgh to try to save the Browns.

What I do know is that Dan Rooney was one of only two owners to oppose the move....the other owner being the Bill's Ralph Wilson.

tony hipchest
06-07-2008, 02:05 AM
The NFL did something for Cleveland that it never did for any of the other teams that moved. The promised Cleveland a new team, and the forced the moving owner to leave the name, colors, and history behind.

:blah:

it was just a piss poor attempt to finally flush that turd of a franchise.

but it was just like a clogged up toilet that was thought to have one more "kiss of death" disposal.

shit sometimes has a tendency to resurrect itself and overflow onto the nfl floor....

:tt02:

j-dawg
06-07-2008, 10:41 AM
:blah:

it was just a piss poor attempt to finally flush that turd of a franchise.

but it was just like a clogged up toilet that was thought to have one more "kiss of death" disposal.

shit sometimes has a tendency to resurrect itself and overflow onto the nfl floor....

:tt02:

piss poor you say.... well, i know the Browns don't have yellow in their uniform!! :flap:

all potty jokes aside, every franchise has had its down times, even the steelers.

Preacher
06-07-2008, 08:06 PM
piss poor you say.... well, i know the Browns don't have yellow in their uniform!! :flap:

all potty jokes aside, every franchise has had its down times, even the steelers.

Thank goodness, our last one was in the 80s.

stillers4me
06-07-2008, 09:06 PM
Thank goodness, our last one was in the 80s.

:rofl:

BettisFan
06-08-2008, 01:56 AM

....and they have that HUGE balloon payment coming up that I don't see them being able to make !!

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z192/BuckeyeDan/smallBrownshelmet.gifhttp://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z192/BuckeyeDan/beer.gif

that must take alot of time and effort to color each word and such :applaudit: well i think we knew we own our division!

sixstringlass
06-08-2008, 06:25 AM
that must take alot of time and effort to color each word and such :applaudit: well i think we knew we own our division!

It's not really that difficult.

Or time consuming...

As long as you don't make typos and
keep having to hit the "backspace."

STEELERS RULE!!!

(Although the yellow doesn't show up real well here...)

stillers4me
06-08-2008, 07:29 AM
Just substitute the word gold for the name of the color.

Or Goldenrod

FFCC00 works, too.

revefsreleets
06-08-2008, 12:54 PM
Sorry, not buying it Browns fans. I personally witnessed Browns fans IN DROVES "convert" to Steelers fans. Many just stayed Steelers fans after the Browns v 2.0 arrived (probably the smart ones, since Cleveland is cursed).

GUARANTEE that no Steelers fans would become Browns fans if the Steelers moved and had the name changed.

Nice try though, with the ad hominem attack. Diversion does work for some people.

Dino 6 Rings
06-09-2008, 11:25 AM

Dude, get professional help ok, cause you are out of your mind.

They Own it, 18 AFC North/Central Titles vs 19 by all other teams, including Cincy, Cleveland, Tennessee, Houston, Jacksonville and Baltimore. We own it.

So learn the history or get a head doctor.

lilyoder6
06-09-2008, 10:00 PM
the past 2 yrs or so w/ the bengals and ravens falling apart it looks like we are getting a discount.. lol

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
06-09-2008, 10:15 PM
the past 2 yrs or so w/ the bengals and ravens falling apart it looks like we are getting a discount.. lol

A certain team in Brown and Orange could be giving you a run for your money. :P

Mos. Def. not counting my chix before they hatch, but I still think its gonna be whomever wins the two matchups this year will get the Conference title and the loser gets a Wild Card and another shot at the division champ.

Yup, They'll be three Browns-Steelers matchups this year, Call it a hunch, not sure who will be home for the last one though. :flap:.

Though who ever wins that one gets killed probably by Jax. Damn they look good.

My Super Bowl pick BTW, is Dallas-Jax.

tony hipchest
06-09-2008, 10:25 PM
jax will never get past the pats in the playoffs... let alone the colts. theyre barely lucky enough to squeak by the steelers year after year.

im thinking that luck ends this year and they may be on the outside looking in (depending on how real the brownies are).

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
06-09-2008, 10:31 PM
jax will never get past the pats in the playoffs... let alone the colts. theyre barely lucky enough to squeak by the steelers year after year.

im thinking that luck ends this year and they may be on the outside looking in (depending on how real the brownies are).

They've improved every year they've hired Del Rio as a coach, I do think they have an even more of a legit shot, if they knock out Colts at least once. Don't forget the Texans are quietly looking good as well.

I think it goes this way in the AFC as of right now.

1.) Patsies
2.) Chargers
3.) Colts
4.) Steelers (Browns and them swap depending on how there meetings turn out.)
5.) Jacksonville
6.) Cleveland (Again, a swap here is possible.)

Which I think sets up for a best of three series this year. Though, I think that the Patsies may now be on the downslide (Thankfully.), and in a few years you may see the Jets or the Bills as the East division winners.

tony hipchest
06-09-2008, 11:11 PM
They've improved every year they've hired Del Rio as a coach, I do think they have an even more of a legit shot, if they knock out Colts at least once. Don't forget the Texans are quietly looking good as well.

I think it goes this way in the AFC as of right now.

1.) Patsies
2.) Chargers
3.) Colts
4.) Steelers (Browns and them swap depending on how there meetings turn out.)
5.) Jacksonville
6.) Cleveland (Again, a swap here is possible.)

Which I think sets up for a best of three series this year. Though, I think that the Patsies may now be on the downslide (Thankfully.), and in a few years you may see the Jets or the Bills as the East division winners.thats 5 of the same 6 that went last year. while it may be to the steelers detriment, it rarely works out that way.

as for the afc east, it is the patriots until brady retires. there is no way beck, edwards, or pennington/his basck up scrub who miraculously beat the steelers (clement/clemens???) is gonna get anywhere.

its not like kelly or marino are in the division. the pats can moonwalk into the playoffs for the next 5 years until somebody takes brady's head off (or atleast make him feel like a what a real week on the injury report feels like.)

lilyoder6
06-10-2008, 07:16 PM
the jets and there fans are prob looking 4 a playof spot this yr by going out and getting all of these players.. i think the bills can do it they are getting very good..

sixstringlass
06-11-2008, 04:34 AM
Just substitute the word gold for the name of the color.

Or Goldenrod

FFCC00 works, too.

True. Forgot about that. :)