PDA

View Full Version : NHL 09

pittsburghp8baller
06-06-2008, 06:19 PM
i know there is only a few who play NHL 08 but im really into it and there released the first details on NHL 09

NHL 08 won 7 sports of the year awards last year and if this is any indication it will a lot more next year

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/nhl09/news.html?sid=6192147&om_act=convert&om_clk=newlyadded&tag=newlyadded;title;1

besides 'Be A Pro' mode the thing im lookin forward to is the combo of the now 6 on 6 team play and the new defensive improvments (lifting the stick and full stick motion) i play defense in a 3 on 3 league and im already hard to get around and this isnt gonna help the defenders. the only thing is they had 6 on 6 for a very short time for 08 and it had so many bugs as long as they get rid of that im all cool for 6 on 6

BettisFan
06-08-2008, 02:52 AM
I loved the game as well but only if controls were on where u use the right stick for almost everything

KeiselPower99
07-03-2008, 11:57 AM
I need to get a new Nhl game.The last one I have is the one with Dany Heatley on the cover.

pittsburghp8baller
07-03-2008, 12:20 PM
I need to get a new Nhl game.The last one I have is the one with Dany Heatley on the cover.

NHL 09 is gonna blow all sport games this year out of the water.

It has been leaked that the new never before used feature in a sport game is gonna be where u take your 'created' player online and can play 5 on 5 or 6 on 6 games with your friends in 'team' matches. you will be able to have 10-12 people on your team. EA will keep track of rankings and after a certain date they will take the top 50 teams and have a playoff to determine who really is the best team in NHL 09.

SteelCityMan786
07-29-2008, 11:58 AM
NHL 09 is gonna blow all sport games this year out of the water.

It has been leaked that the new never before used feature in a sport game is gonna be where u take your 'created' player online and can play 5 on 5 or 6 on 6 games with your friends in 'team' matches. you will be able to have 10-12 people on your team. EA will keep track of rankings and after a certain date they will take the top 50 teams and have a playoff to determine who really is the best team in NHL 09.

Makes me want to buy NHL 09.

pittsburghp8baller
07-29-2008, 02:10 PM
Makes me want to buy NHL 09.

u should its gonna be awesome, and i was wrong about the teams, it can hold 50 people, i have gotten into a team with at least 12 people in the top 100 and a whole bunch more people that are ranked. as i am one of the few people they will trust to play defense for i found myself getting on that team quite easy

X-Terminator
07-30-2008, 02:36 AM
I prefer the 2K game, honestly. Their fighting engine has always been superior to the EA game.

pittsburghp8baller
07-30-2008, 06:38 PM
I prefer the 2K game, honestly. Their fighting engine has always been superior to the EA game.

EA has changed the fighting engine for this year. they have included One Punch KOs and like 2k u can move around the ice.

i have played 2k and the only two things i liked about it is- the fighting and fantasy drafts in franchise/dynasty mode. but now the fighting is suppose better and their might still be a fantasy draft included in it next year, too many have been asking for it for too long.

Also with Be A Pro Mode and even Be A Pro Mode Onine Mode where u take ur player online, and even the Czech and Russian elite leagues, EA is gonna blow 2K out of the water

X-Terminator
07-30-2008, 07:28 PM
EA has changed the fighting engine for this year. they have included One Punch KOs and like 2k u can move around the ice.

i have played 2k and the only two things i liked about it is- the fighting and fantasy drafts in franchise/dynasty mode. but now the fighting is suppose better and their might still be a fantasy draft included in it next year, too many have been asking for it for too long.

Also with Be A Pro Mode and even Be A Pro Mode Onine Mode where u take ur player online, and even the Czech and Russian elite leagues, EA is gonna blow 2K out of the water

Yes, but can you have more than 3 fights in a game? In 2K, you can...in EA, nope. Most of the time I like to play the game straight up, but there are times, like when rivals play each other, where I like fight-filled games. From what I've read, though, EA has done a lot to improve its overall game play and added some nice new features. And I believe they are adding the fantasy draft this season.

SteelCityMan786
07-30-2008, 10:43 PM
Yes, but can you have more than 3 fights in a game? In 2K, you can...in EA, nope. Most of the time I like to play the game straight up, but there are times, like when rivals play each other, where I like fight-filled games. From what I've read, though, EA has done a lot to improve its overall game play and added some nice new features. And I believe they are adding the fantasy draft this season.

In EA I have gotten into about 5 fights in one game.

pittsburghp8baller
07-30-2008, 11:31 PM
In EA I have gotten into about 5 fights in one game.

NHL 08 u can only have three fights in a game, i dont know about years before.

i think with the online team play if u allow more three fights in a game than u would see too many of them, it wouldnt be hockey as much jus a goon fest and it would get pretty old to quick

X-Terminator
07-31-2008, 05:35 AM
NHL 08 u can only have three fights in a game, i dont know about years before.

i think with the online team play if u allow more three fights in a game than u would see too many of them, it wouldnt be hockey as much jus a goon fest and it would get pretty old to quick

I agree, but as I said, there are certain games/times where I would like a nice goon fest. Most of the time I'd play the game straight up. But the fact that you can have more than 3 per game in 2K is one of the reasons why I prefer 2K to EA.

pittsburghp8baller
08-06-2008, 10:20 AM
a video on the new EA Sports Hockey League-
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/37453.html?type=flv

im probably gonna be putting my own team together if any1 is interested let me know my GT is PGH Big Murf 66.

Im making my guy match how i was when i played Defense, physical defenseman with a Al MacGinnis slap shot ( i guess like Dion Phanuef).

pittsburghp8baller
08-09-2008, 10:20 PM
the demo is said to be coming out soon.

youre gonna be able to play a regular play now game and get a small portion of the new Be A Pro mode. i seriously can not wait for this game!!

X-Terminator
08-09-2008, 11:42 PM
the demo is said to be coming out soon.

youre gonna be able to play a regular play now game and get a small portion of the new Be A Pro mode. i seriously can not wait for this game!!

I do want to see it, though I may still end up going with 2K9. Who knows - maybe I'll buy both. We'll see.

pittsburghp8baller
08-10-2008, 11:29 AM
I do want to see it, though I may still end up going with 2K9. Who knows - maybe I'll buy both. We'll see.

i usually rent 2k after a while, jus to see the differences

there is something that 2k is gonna have that NHL 09 wont have, im sure every1 here will like it-
http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/7513/Pittsburgh-Penguins-Introduction/

vader29
08-10-2008, 01:53 PM
there is something that 2k is gonna have that NHL 09 wont have, im sure every1 here will like it-

That intro is really sweet!

I've only played the EA hockey games for the last two years and loved them and am definitely picking up NHL 09 but I may have to get 2k's game also this year for a change of pace every once in awhile.

X-Terminator
08-10-2008, 02:03 PM
i usually rent 2k after a while, jus to see the differences

That's pretty sweet! And the video is pretty similar to some of those that they actually play in the arena. I'm sold! ;)

I have a Wii and a Playstation 2 - I may buy one version for one system and the other version for the other one. Again, we'll see - NHL 09 is starting to grow on me a bit from all of the things they are going to have in it.

pittsburghp8baller
08-21-2008, 01:53 PM
NHL 2K9 demo is out now, tried it, ehh ill pass.

NHL 09 demo will be out later today for playstation 3 and xbox isnt gonna be out til september. pisses me off!!!

pittsburghp8baller
08-24-2008, 03:18 PM
this is the videos of the fights...

def better than last year. they is no jersey grabbing but they said u still can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chaA3iLl_k0

17 days i think it is till the game releases

X-Terminator
08-24-2008, 04:49 PM
NHL 2K9 demo is out now, tried it, ehh ill pass.

NHL 09 demo will be out later today for playstation 3 and xbox isnt gonna be out til september. pisses me off!!!

Yeah I've heard that 2K9 leaves much to be desired judging from the demo. How they could take a good game and ruin it is beyond me. As I said, fighting is important to me, but not the end all, be all.

Looks like it'll be NHL 09 for me this year.

pittsburghp8baller
08-24-2008, 06:34 PM
Yeah I've heard that 2K9 leaves much to be desired judging from the demo. How they could take a good game and ruin it is beyond me. As I said, fighting is important to me, but not the end all, be all.

Looks like it'll be NHL 09 for me this year.

yea ive played the 2k8 and 2k9 demos now and it looks like 2k took a huge step backwards with the gameplay. if i went by the demos i prob would of given the edge to NHL 2k8 over NHL 08.

looks like they put more into the intros than the actual gameplay. oh well, at least ill save the 7-8 bucks for not renting NHL 2k9 this year.

btw, if any1 is interested in doing the EASHL, let me know im in a team and we are looking to fill up the roster. were not actually first ballot (def the odds on favorite to win it) but i think we will be right up there.

pittsburghp8baller
09-03-2008, 10:10 AM
Demo dropped for XBOX this morning.

This game is awesome, u can play 1 period with either the Pens or the Red Wings in regular play now mode or u can do Be A Pro as either Zetterberg or Crosby. ive done it twice as Crosby and ive gotten A+ for position play and A+ for Team Play both times, but an F for Stats i still havent scored which is why i play defense when i play usually.

pittsburghp8baller
09-03-2008, 12:12 PM
FYI X-Terminator, the fighting in NHL 09 is HORRIBLE!!! the fight doesnt last for more than 5-6 punches total (3 punches max usually does it but u can knock some1 out in 1)

i havent tried 2k9 fighting yet but they said they have a whole new fighting engine, so im not sure

pittsburghp8baller
09-09-2008, 12:34 AM
09 hits most places tommorrow (later today)!!!!! im praying that im one of the places, but honestly i very well doubt it. ign.com rated it a 9.0 and somewhere else a 9.3 and everywhere else says its the the must own sports game of this decade!!!

pittsburghp8baller
09-09-2008, 01:34 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gotta wait till tommorrow!!!!!

oh well the demo will have to suffice

pittsburghp8baller
09-15-2008, 12:43 PM
any1 else picked it up yet?

gotta say it is probably gonna sweep all sport game of the year awards, and jus may make a run at game of the year.

Be A Pro mode is an unbelievable addition to a hockey game, something ive been waiting for since madden came out with the superstar mode. im a defenseman for the Capitals (im really impatient and it would of taken me forever to make it to the NHL with the Pens with them having 8 D-man on their NHL roster so i went with a team i didnt mind and that was weak at the point)

the EA Sports Hockey is what i spend most of my time online doing. you put a team together with a bunch of your friends online and then you play other teams online, with your Be A Pro player, and compete for the EASHL cup (dont know what the prize is gonna be but every rumor ive heard it sounds great). My team is ranked 7th in division 1 (the top division), so basically we are the 7th best team in the world

ayyfour
10-08-2008, 01:14 PM
I downloaded the demo for NHL 09 this week and I cant stop playing it... I think this game may replace my addiction to Madden.. which 09 just sucks

pittsburghp8baller
10-09-2008, 07:22 AM
I downloaded the demo for NHL 09 this week and I cant stop playing it... I think this game may replace my addiction to Madden.. which 09 just sucks

yea, if u think the demo was addicting your gonna develop the same problem i got when u get the actual game. there are so many different things u can do in NHL 09. Be A Pro offline/online (my offline i play goalie jus for practice in case im needed to play goalie online), dynasty, the EASHL.

i cant get enough of this dam game

KeiselPower99
10-13-2008, 12:54 AM
On 09 is the Minor League teams on there???

pittsburghp8baller
10-13-2008, 11:26 AM
On 09 is the Minor League teams on there???

yes there have all 29 teams and the sweedish, finnish, czech, german, and russian superleague.

steelpride12
10-25-2008, 05:16 PM
Haha i downloaded the NHL 09 demo for my PS3 and me and my buddy played it non stop last night its so much fun.
Im going out to buy it for my PS3 tonight and wanna get used to the game then start some sick online play.
The game is so advanced and everything you see on TV happens in the game.
5 out of 5

steelpride12
11-14-2008, 08:34 AM
Great news NHL 09 is going to put on all the teams alternate jerseys on the game with a code from the internet site, but first we have to wait for all the teams in real life to release them.
That mean we can play as the Pens with those sexy winter classic jerseys!

pittsburghp8baller
11-14-2008, 01:22 PM
Great news NHL 09 is going to put on all the teams alternate jerseys on the game with a code from the internet site, but first we have to wait for all the teams in real life to release them.
That mean we can play as the Pens with those sexy winter classic jerseys!

yea, they have been 'in' the game they jus havent given us the code yet. really looking forward to it, we were hoping that they came out with the first game update but nothing. i think i heard that it should be out by the 25th of this month so i really cant wait. the most recent update made this game even better!

steelersfanman92
12-13-2008, 12:46 PM
I just got it last night and am completely adicted already