PDA

View Full Version : T.o.

LambertIsGod58
11-13-2005, 10:07 AM
Sorry to post about T.O. I'm sure it's been killed to death. I haven't been on in a while, so.....I think Philly is wrong in this case. First, they are all suppose to be professionals first and foremost. Secondly, they are suppose to be adults. T.O. should be able to say whatever he wants. No one has to be his friend. They are all there for a common goal. To put asses in the seats and to win games. T.O. being on the field helps achieve both of those. Ignore him, that's all you have to do. I think it's funny McNabb had no problem blasting Favre earlier in the year for his stance on Javon Walker. Now that TO returned the favor, he can't handle it. He should simply keep his mouth shut. T.O. right now is the best WR in the game. Moss is not 100% healthy.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-13-2005, 10:13 AM
Problem is, the eagles are Donovans team.. he's the money man, the big man on campus, whatever you wanna call it..if he is questioned or called out; especially by TO..and he doesnt like it, the eagles will do whatever it takes to keep McNabb .. TO is an awesome WR, no doubt his talent is unsurpassed in the league..but a distraction and cancer in the locker room isnt what any team needs, IMO. The players felt he was a distraction, apparently Donovan did too atleast to some degree, and to the NFL; TO is a nuisance and a joke..so the eagles dont wanna be associated w/ that type of player.

Livinginthe past
11-13-2005, 12:13 PM
I have to believe that this an attempt to play 'Devils Advocate' - who in their right mind would seriously take the side of T.O. in this saga?

If we are going to have this discussion on a 'professional' level how about we talk about the enforcement of contracts?

You think in any other 'profession' that this consistent underhand sniping of the 'team leader' would be tolerated?

Eagles deserve Kudos for the action they have taken - and who will really be willing to bring T.O on board after this?

I can imagine it will be a team that doesnt have realistic ambitions of the playoffs already that will take a chance with him - who else would willingly add a vindictive, narcissistic trouble maker to their squad?

NM

clevestinks
11-13-2005, 01:12 PM
T.O. not only says what he wants, he does what he wants too. Fighting Hugh Douglas? Telling assistant coaches not to talk to him, and address him as Mr.owens? Parking everyday in Andy Reids parkig spot, or handicap spots. T.O. wanted out in the worst way, he did everything he could to get out. Now he is out, but totally out, he THOUGHT that they would just cut him, then he could jump to another contender. Now he is all apologetic, because he NEEDS to play. Bummer to T.O. he didn`t get out under his terms.

Its ashame that the NFL has owners like Jerry Jones, Al davis, Dan Snyder and a couple others that will let T.O. shit all over them just to win a few extra games.

LambertIsGod58
11-14-2005, 08:27 PM
I'm not condoning what T.O. did. I'm just saying that he was the missing piece of the puzzle. He took them to the big game when they couldn't get there the three previous years. You'll see Philly fold. Mark my words.

SteelCityMan786
11-14-2005, 09:35 PM
Without a good qb WR's can't be as good as they can be.