PDA

View Full Version : Top NFL Impact Rookies: Ranking From 1 To 100

Aussie_steeler
06-07-2008, 10:55 PM
http://www.bleacherreport.com/articles/27812-Top-NFL-Impact-Rookies-Ranking-From-1-To-100-060608

Interesting article that is aimed at helping us address the boredom during this quiet period of the year.

90. Bruce Davis, LB, Pittsburgh

38. Limas Sweed, WR, Pittsburgh

28. Rashard Mendenhall, RB, Pittsburgh

Each will have opportunities to contribute but the strength of the team will ultimately prevent each from having a major impact. (But then again we all said the same when Big Ben was drafted.)

Of the top ten I think Dorsey may have the biggest impact.

Galax Steeler
06-08-2008, 06:34 AM
Not taking nothing away from stewart but I just don't see him being the no.1 impact player this year I also think Dorsey or Jake Long it will be interesting.

revefsreleets
06-08-2008, 01:26 PM
You could just as easily take this list and flip it. Really. Who knows? It'd be interesting to flag this article and revisit it in February of '09.

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-08-2008, 02:32 PM
As a sleeper pick...Chicago's RB Matt Forte may be an offensive monster. Benson is about one drink away from losing his job much less his starting spot...and with average QB's at best, the Bears may run the ball more often than not.

There is potential there for Forte to be the offensive rookie of the year if Chicagos O-line is able to come together.

lilyoder6
06-08-2008, 03:52 PM
i think d-mac should of been higher.. u know he will change the game in the favor of oak.. w/ fargus and bush running hard the raiders off could look like the saints off when bush was a rookie

MasterOfPuppets
06-08-2008, 08:22 PM
does anyone actually see bruce davis getting much playing time besides special teams ? i don't see them pulling harrison or woodly from the game on 3rd downs.....could they possably put him in as a blitzing ILB'er to get more pressure up the middle ?

Aussie_steeler
06-08-2008, 09:30 PM
does anyone actually see bruce davis getting much playing time besides special teams ? i don't see them pulling harrison or woodly from the game on 3rd downs.....could they possably put him in as a blitzing ILB'er to get more pressure up the middle ?

I think the performance of Woodley last season has prompted this ranking, suggesting that Davis may be used in a similar way.

Personally I dont see Davis having the same impact as Woodley. Time will need to found for Timmons at ILB so I am not sure about Davis's chances.

Rhee Rhee
06-09-2008, 12:14 AM
As a sleeper pick...Chicago's RB Matt Forte may be an offensive monster. Benson is about one drink away from losing his job much less his starting spot...and with average QB's at best, the Bears may run the ball more often than not.

he just had that one drink :wink02:

if darren mcfadden is as good as everyone says i think he can have an AP type of impact... and seeing as dwayne bowe had 70 catches last season... a guy like james hardy who is 6'6 should have a monster impact for the bills offense

jjpro11
06-09-2008, 12:14 AM

he's gonna lead the league in forced fumbles while just playing special teams.. just watch. :tt03:

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-09-2008, 04:09 AM

It looks to me like Davis could spend some time in the weight room....Woodley came in last year looking like he was weened on a bench press...Davis doesnt look like he could pass rush past on a NFL lineman.

Maybe after a year in an NFL weight program..he might be able to play 3-4 OLB...but as of now he looks like special team material to me.

Dino 6 Rings
06-09-2008, 02:19 PM
If Davis can tackle on kick coverage, that will be an IMPACT on our team.

lilyoder6
06-09-2008, 09:57 PM
the only reason bowe had a lot of catches was n/c kennison got hurt on the 1st play of the 1st game and they threw him into the number 1 slot 4 wr.. and they had no other wr's to throw to.. the bills still have evans who is good..