PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for HTG

TroysBadDawg
06-09-2008, 04:39 AM
She is in the hospital and needs prayers.

Aussie_steeler
06-09-2008, 04:59 AM
Get well soon. We are all thinking of you.

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-09-2008, 05:03 AM
Praying for ya buddy!!!!

Preacher
06-09-2008, 05:17 AM
Ahhhh Crud.

It seems as though she was doing much better.

HTG.... you have both my thoughts and my prayers... get well soon!

TroysBadDawg
06-09-2008, 06:04 AM
For a heads up on HTG

She was complaining of a severe headache, light-headedness and had trouble remembering faces for a couple of minutes. The ER doctor suspected that she had a mini-stroke from a TIA, but after running a battery of tests, they all came back negative, so that has been ruled out. They now believe she had a severe migraine, which she has suffered from for many years. She is being kept for the next couple of days though because she's also had abdominal pain for the past several weeks, and they think it's either her gall bladder or her small intestine getting tangled up. She is to have an abdominal scan sometime this afternoon to find out for sure what is going on.

I received this yesterday from X-Terminator. I just got back online so this may be late and need further updates on her.

She is in my families thoughts and prayers.

Get well quick ... being sick and in the hospital is no fun.

BTW.. stop chasing that good looking young doctor around asking for him to examine you again.

The Duke
06-09-2008, 07:55 AM
thanks TBD, keep us updated

GBMelBlount
06-09-2008, 09:01 AM
Thanks TBD, Marianne has my prayers.

revefsreleets
06-09-2008, 09:08 AM
You know I never read/post in these things Marianne, but I'll make an exception in this case. Please be well!

fansince'76
06-09-2008, 09:38 AM
Get well quickly, Marianne! :hug:

stlrtruck
06-09-2008, 09:52 AM
Prayers for healing - and for knowledge for the doctors!!!

j-dawg
06-09-2008, 10:26 AM
HTG, hope you feel better soon!

MACH1
06-09-2008, 10:52 AM
Get well soon. My prayers are with you.

Mosca
06-09-2008, 11:18 AM
Hang in there, HTG; everyone is pulling for you!

klick81
06-09-2008, 11:35 AM
Oh wow. Get well soon HTG.

PAMillerGrrl83
06-09-2008, 06:36 PM
Get well soon HTG!!!

Atlanta Dan
06-09-2008, 06:38 PM
Get well soon Marianne

stillers4me
06-09-2008, 07:04 PM
Well, poo! Pain and hospitals sound all too familiar to me...........feel better soon, Marianne! Maybe they will let her put up a picture of Dan Sepulveda ...........

Preacher
06-09-2008, 07:30 PM
continuing to pray for you Marianne.

May God bless you and keep you, shine his face upon you and may his healing touch envelope you.

X-Terminator
06-09-2008, 07:49 PM
UPDATE:

I talked to Marianne this morning, and she continues to do well. The main focus now is the abdominal pain and gas she's been suffering from, so she is waiting for the results of the abdominal scan and was to see a gastro doctor to discuss the results today. After that, she should know what is causing her problem and what they plan to do. If all goes well, she should be home in a few days. She appreciates the prayers and please, keep them coming!

Preacher
06-09-2008, 07:54 PM
UPDATE:

I talked to Marianne this morning, and she continues to do well. The main focus now is the abdominal pain and gas she's been suffering from, so she is waiting for the results of the abdominal scan and was to see a gastro doctor to discuss the results today. After that, she should know what is causing her problem and what they plan to do. If all goes well, she should be home in a few days. She appreciates the prayers and please, keep them coming!

That is good news...

Could you let her know that for the gastro problems and gas..

I suggest laying off the perogi's and sausage!! :chuckle:

Seriously, pass along my hopes and prayers.

SteelersMongol
06-09-2008, 10:57 PM
Get well soon, sis.

tony hipchest
06-09-2008, 11:15 PM
hey MA, dont you worry about holdin down the fort. in your absence, i have decided to step up to the plate....

and offer up nigels ph# for a temp replacement mod. :jawdrop:

no thanks or applause needed, just know that when youre down and out i gots yer back :cheers:

seriously though you da man, and ultimate woman! stay strong (and healthy). cant wait to see you back. :hug:

pittsburghp8baller
06-09-2008, 11:42 PM
hope the good news keeps coming, get better soon HTG youll be in my prayers

verks36
06-09-2008, 11:51 PM
HTG HOPE You geT beTTER.

HANG IN THERE. I will be in the hospital in almost 2 weeks for my shoulder surgery.

i really hope things are well for you and that everything is ok.
i will make sure to pray for you in my prayers tonight.

OneForTheToe
06-10-2008, 01:06 AM
HTG please get better soon. Prayers and all your way.

P.S.- if you don't like your Jell-O could you please save it for me? I like hospital Jell-O and I know Preacher will try to get it from you first. :wink02:

Seriously, feel better,

BettisFan
06-10-2008, 01:32 AM
wow i hope she get better, HTG u are in my prayers!

TackleMeBen
06-10-2008, 07:22 AM
get well soon!!!! this place isnt the same with HTG

Galax Steeler
06-10-2008, 07:54 AM
Get well soon hometown gal thoughts and prayers for you.

memphissteelergirl
06-10-2008, 09:15 AM
Keep fighting, girl!! :wave::thumbsup:

TroysBadDawg
06-10-2008, 02:19 PM
Marianne we are still praying for you, but didn't anyone every tell you , eating beans causes gas, stop eating beans or sell it. Have you seen the price of gas lately?

I know, I know, that is bad.

But we are still praying for you.

PAMillerGrrl83
06-10-2008, 02:58 PM
Tell her not to eat the hospital food, it makes you worse off then you already are...but yes do get well soon like really soon! *Hugs*

Preacher
06-10-2008, 04:21 PM
HTG please get better soon. Prayers and all your way.

P.S.- if you don't like your Jell-O could you please save it for me? I like hospital Jell-O and I know Preacher will try to get it from you first. :wink02:

Seriously, feel better,

What? Me? :angel:

hey MA, dont you worry about holdin down the fort. in your absence, i have decided to step up to the plate....

and offer up nigels ph# for a temp replacement mod. :jawdrop:

no thanks or applause needed, just know that when youre down and out i gots yer back :cheers:

seriously though you da man, and ultimate woman! stay strong (and healthy). cant wait to see you back. :hug:

Please come back!

We need you quickly!!! Tony is running amok.

:wink02:

Polamalu Princess
06-11-2008, 06:01 AM
Hello friend. We have been praying for you. If you need anything, please do not think twice about calling me - okay? Get well.

X-Terminator
06-11-2008, 10:04 AM
LATEST UPDATE: The abdominal scan turned up negative for a gall bladder problem, so the only thing left is an intestinal problem - it probably became tangled again. If so, she will have to be cut open to fix it, rather than laproscopically which would have been the case had it been her gall bladder. She's scheduled to have another test this afternoon to find out for sure. She's having a little pain, but other than that, she's doing fine. Keep those prayers coming!

GBMelBlount
06-11-2008, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the update XT. We're still praying.

HometownGal
06-12-2008, 01:18 PM
I'm baaaaaack. :wave:

Thank you all for the well wishes and prayers.:hug: I was discharged from the hospital late yesterday afternoon and am getting reacclimated to not being poked with needles, awakened in the middle of the night for blood and pupil reaction tests and not having probes the size of rolling pins stuck into orifices where the sun don't shine. :horror:

I was taken by ambulance on Saturday night because of a horrific migraine that caused some numbness in my hand and disorientation for a few minutes. It was very hot and humid that day and I hadn't eaten anything at all, which is a definite no-no. I've had migraines since the age of 21 and they strike at any given time. The ER doc at first thought I had suffered a mild stroke or a TIA. The head CT was negative and my blood enzymes were within normal limits and I passed all of the neuro tests she gave me with flying colors. She admitted me as a precaution. I was examined thoroughly by a neurologist the following day and was relieved to know that I had not suffered a stroke/TIA. She told me that I had a "complicated migraine" and that every symptom I had can signal a migraine headache. I had been having some abdominal issues which I had scheduled an appointment with my PCP for on Tuesday, but he felt that while I was in the hospital, he would run the appropriate tests and try to find out what was causing the problems. I had several abdominal scans, chest x-ray, gastroscopy, cholescintigraph and last but not least - a barium enema (which I would highly recommend for torturing prisoners). The gastroscopy showed that I have moderate to severe gastritis and duodenitis and the gastroenterologist took a biopsy of my stomach lining because of my history. He didn't think there was anything to worry about there - most of a precaution. I will have a colonoscopy as an outpatient in the next couple of weeks and see my PCP in 2 weeks. I was advised to lay off the spicy foods, which I love, as well as caffeinated beverages which is going to suck, as I drink iced tea by the gallon. I have to do my part here, so I'll deal with it.

Again, thank you all for being so sweet. You're the bestest! :drink::hug:

memphissteelergirl
06-12-2008, 02:53 PM
Glad to see ya back, hon! :hug:

stillers4me
06-12-2008, 07:13 PM
But did they let you put up that picture of Danny Boy??????

HometownGal
06-12-2008, 07:42 PM
But did they let you put up that picture of Danny Boy??????

If they had, I'd still be there. :wink02::chuckle:

I had a male nurse on Sunday and Monday that would knock your socks off. :lust: I sure didn't mind him listening to my heart and lungs. :dancing:

Preacher
06-12-2008, 07:44 PM

I had a male nurse on Sunday and Monday that would knock your socks off. :lust:

So what your saying is that you voluntarily stayed in a couple extra days... in hopes that he would come back on shift? :hunch: :wink02:

Seriously... I prefer you out of the hospital... home, and enjoying life with the rest of us!

MACH1
06-12-2008, 07:56 PM
Hey--Glad to see your back!!!

HometownGal
06-12-2008, 08:00 PM
So what your saying is that you voluntarily stayed in a couple extra days... in hopes that he would come back on shift? :hunch: :wink02:

Seriously... I prefer you out of the hospital... home, and enjoying life with the rest of us!

WIth the way insurance companies today want to toss you out on your hiney? Though the care I received was wonderful (and the scenery was quite nice :wink02:), I couldn't get out of there fast enough! I HATE being in the hospital. I was on a liquid diet the first two days and I now can't stand the sight of jello. :chuckle:

Thanks guys - it's good to be back. :hatsoff:

Mosca
06-12-2008, 08:40 PM
I had a male nurse on Sunday and Monday that would knock your socks off. :lust:

But...but... wouldn't that make your feet cold?

HometownGal
06-12-2008, 09:17 PM
But...but... wouldn't that make your feet cold?

LMAO!!! :laughing::toofunny: I'm sure he had a remedy for feet warming too. :thumbsup:

I had a nurse on Monday and Tuesday nights named Kira who would have definitely knocked the guys' socks off. She is absolutely beautiful inside and out and a wow of a nurse. :hatsoff:

I did have a Nurse Ratchett, though - instead of knocking your socks off, she would have curled your toes. I had to get Heparin injections in my abdomen twice daily, which they recommend for those patients who are pretty much on bedrest, and I think the blue haired old bat thought the needle was a spear. :horror:

RoethlisBURGHer
06-12-2008, 09:52 PM
Welcome back HTG. I got to this thread a lil too late to pray for you...but if I would have caught it before you would have been in my prayers.

Glad to see your back and basicly alright.

SteelCityMan786
06-12-2008, 10:10 PM
Good to have you back Mar. :drink:

GutterflowerSteel
06-12-2008, 10:39 PM
I just saw this thread - so glad to hear that you're out of the hospital, Marianne :sun: No more painful needles - you had a wide range of nurses, too! Here's to a smooth recovery, and the hope that you stay out of the hospital for good!

stillers4me
06-12-2008, 10:55 PM
Glad your home so you can finally get some rest. Gotta love them waking you up in the middle of the night to take blood.............yow!

X-Terminator
06-13-2008, 06:52 AM
WIth the way insurance companies today want to toss you out on your hiney? Though the care I received was wonderful (and the scenery was quite nice :wink02:), I couldn't get out of there fast enough! I HATE being in the hospital. I was on a liquid diet the first two days and I now can't stand the sight of jello. :chuckle:

Thanks guys - it's good to be back. :hatsoff:

Well I, for one, am glad you're OK and back home. I feel like a fish out of water without my buddy around! :thumbsup::hug:

revefsreleets
06-13-2008, 09:16 AM
Glad to have you back!

klick81
06-13-2008, 02:42 PM
Glad you're back home now!

PAMillerGrrl83
06-13-2008, 03:04 PM
Yahhh glad to see your feelin better and back at home.

HometownGal
06-13-2008, 04:05 PM
Thanks guys and gals - it's good to be back on my internet home. :drink::hug:

TroysBadDawg
06-13-2008, 08:45 PM

I had a male nurse on Sunday and Monday that would knock your socks off. :lust: I sure didn't mind him listening to my heart and lungs. :dancing:

How many times did you call him to fluff your pillow and rub your back