PDA

View Full Version : Political Option?

Dino 6 Rings
06-10-2008, 04:56 PM
Anyone out there have any feelings on the 3rd party candidate? Bob Barr. He's apparently just made the rounds on the news channel including 40mins on Glenn Beck, seen here.

http://www.bobbarr2008.com/media-center/

Just looking for opinions.

Preacher
06-10-2008, 08:31 PM
Until he started talking about pulling out of Iraq immediately... I was actually excited about him.

Unfortunately, I can't because of that issue.

It seems to me I have two main issues in this election.

1. Abortion (as always)

2. Stay in Iraq and finish what we started.

Any candidate I vote for needs to stand for these two things at least.

TackleMeBen
06-10-2008, 08:35 PM
what you mean the hillary supporters arent going to write her in as a candidate??lol.

i really dont like any of the options for president this election.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
06-10-2008, 11:13 PM
Anyone out there have any feelings on the 3rd party candidate? Bob Barr. He's apparently just made the rounds on the news channel including 40mins on Glenn Beck, seen here.

http://www.bobbarr2008.com/media-center/

Just looking for opinions.

My Wife..she-a make this cheese..from..her..t***.

Ah, yes the worlds introduction to bob barr was in Borat.

Hawk Believer
06-11-2008, 01:35 AM
I think Bar may play a huge role in this election. Hard core conservatives may either sit it out or vote for Bar after feeling disenfrachised with the party. If he manages to pull 2 or 3% from McCain it could very well put Obama over the top.

Course there is the old saying... Democrats need to fall in love with their candidate. Republicans fall in line.

revefsreleets
06-11-2008, 09:22 AM
You know, I got into this huge politicla discussion last night, and the concensus was (after much debating and back-and-forth) that the two guys running probably are the farthest "outside the belt" candidates who've ran for years. Consider that we've had Bush's and Clinton's for nearly a quarter century and these two guys really start to stand out. Both are a little bit renegade and have stood up for unpopular views. I think whichever guy gets elected, we are going to see at least some kind of change, and that amount of change may actually demonstrate just how little power the president does wield in this system.

Hawk Believer
06-11-2008, 10:03 AM
You know, I got into this huge politicla discussion last night, and the concensus was (after much debating and back-and-forth) that the two guys running probably are the farthest "outside the belt" candidates who've ran for years. Consider that we've had Bush's and Clinton's for nearly a quarter century and these two guys really start to stand out. Both are a little bit renegade and have stood up for unpopular views. I think whichever guy gets elected, we are going to see at least some kind of change, and that amount of change may actually demonstrate just how little power the president does wield in this system.

Should be a very, very interesting campaign. Both canidates have unique strengths and glaring weaknesses. You could argue that some of their most prominant qualities are both. I can imagine reasonable scenarios at this point that have McCain winning by 20 points, Obama winning by 20 points, or a repeat of the 2000 tie...

Dino 6 Rings
06-11-2008, 10:06 AM
Sigh...guess I'll just write in my vote for myself. I can't fck things up any worse than these two dead beats running.

Jeremy
06-11-2008, 03:58 PM
I'm starting a write in campiahn for Danny Trejo.

TackleMeBen
06-11-2008, 04:16 PM
i think i am going to write in Kuhn!!!!

Dino 6 Rings
06-12-2008, 01:00 PM
I'm starting a write in campiahn for Danny Trejo.

Now that's effing FUNNY!!!!!

:rofl:

polamalu82
06-12-2008, 04:59 PM
I'm with a lot of people on the fact that Obamanation and McSame are nothing but puppets. I'm looking at Bob Barr or a write in for Ron Paul. We've given too many of our liberties away especially when the "Patriot Act" was signed into law. Big Gov't sucks and I want an end to it.

Steel Buckeye
06-15-2008, 12:28 AM
I'm all for pulling out of Iraq, the $10 billion dollar a month war that our brave men and women keep dying for because Iraqi politicians can easily sit back and let us do all the dirty work for them. We caught Saddam, he was executed, end of story. Iraq is nothing but Vietnam part 2.

millwalldavey
06-15-2008, 12:46 AM
I always vote for the Libertarian

Dynasty
06-16-2008, 12:14 AM
reve, when has obama taken unpopular views... he voted like 97% with the party line, and is the most liberal senator.

unless im forgetting something

revefsreleets
06-16-2008, 09:43 AM
reve, when has obama taken unpopular views... he voted like 97% with the party line, and is the most liberal senator.

unless im forgetting something
Only one, but it was a DOOZY: He was pretty much the only guy that was against the Iraq War. That carries a TON of weight now. In fact, I'd say that without that one thing in his pock, he would not be the presumptive Dem nominee right now.