PDA

View Full Version : Need some workout tunes

GBMelBlount
06-10-2008, 09:14 PM
I'm starting to workout after 12 years off & just wondering what more recent groups / songs (last 5 - 10 years) you guys could recommend to listen to during my workouts.

TroysBadDawg
06-11-2008, 07:51 AM
How about the song by Tommy Rose "The Stripper"

or Short people?

or oh never mind.

Stay fat like me Bro!

revefsreleets
06-11-2008, 08:29 AM
I still get a major adrenaline rush from my old 80's metal.

Dino 6 Rings
06-11-2008, 09:10 AM
Agreed with above post, for working out, Metallica rules. Also try Black Sabbath or even Nirvana. At least, that's what I use.

Try Techno music as well, it really gets the blood going. Maybe the soundtrack to the movie Blade, or even The Crow. Those soundtracks for the most part should get your heart thumpin and muscles moving.

what workout are you doing?

GBMelBlount
06-11-2008, 09:43 AM
I am going to get a few songs by aerosmith, smashing pumpkins, Def leppard, etc. but looking for some hard newer stuff. I haven't listened to the readio (except disney) in years. A more recent (to me) song that I like is "headstrong" by Trapt. I am looking for more stuff like that. Even rap if it has a great beat.

GBMelBlount
06-11-2008, 09:43 AM
what workout are you doing?

Thighmaster.

GBMelBlount
06-11-2008, 09:45 AM
just kidding. I sold all my weights + due to alot of old injuries (back, etc.) I am stuck with the "total gym" & light dumbbells to start. Plus I am getting on the treadmill as my knee allows. I ALWAYS get a better workout when I listen to hard music.

vasteeler
06-11-2008, 09:49 AM
dont know what your into but i like the group called Puscifer the album is called vagina mine. If you are familiar with Tool its their lead singer Maynard something
but its a great album

revefsreleets
06-11-2008, 09:49 AM
Suzanne Summers?

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-11-2008, 09:59 AM
Thighmaster.

LMAO....!!!

Here ya go brother.

Here is a site that has a workout song of the week...and a recap of favorite songs
http://www.inthegym.net/

stlrtruck
06-11-2008, 11:44 AM
Whatever you do, you need to download the HHH intro song done by Motorhead (I think)....

Time to Play the Game (or possibly The Game) check out wwe.com to get more information on it. I had it on my workout CD - the first song usually got the heart pumpin'

MACH1
06-11-2008, 11:54 AM
Time to play the game.... Great song

Try some GodSmack. Their first album is the they're best one. IMO Or even some White Zombie.

Or you could get some Olivia Newton John - Lets Get Physical :sofunny:

Mosca
06-11-2008, 12:09 PM
I couldn't recommend anything recent; The Ramones always did it for me.

GBMelBlount
06-11-2008, 12:13 PM
Or you could get some Olivia Newton John - Lets Get Physical :sofunny:

Thanks Mach, I'll try to remember that next time I want to get psyched up for my uneven parallel bars routine. :thumbsup:

Plus it seems to help the Bungles win a few games a year.

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-11-2008, 12:14 PM
Try..."Your Getting Fat" ....by my wife.:pin:

GBMelBlount
06-11-2008, 01:03 PM
LMAO....!!!

Here ya go brother.

Here is a site that has a workout song of the week...and a recap of favorite songs
http://www.inthegym.net/

Thanks man, Richard simmons has one too butt it's called www.IntoJim.net :drink:

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-11-2008, 01:06 PM
Thanks man, Richard simmons has one too butt it's called www.IntoJim.net :drink:

Thats it!!!!...you can "workout to the oldies"!!!!

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-11-2008, 01:27 PM
Lamberts-left-teet!!!!!?????

Thats just wrong!!!!!:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

tony hipchest
06-11-2008, 01:57 PM
bwahahahahaha! :toofunny:

this thread shoulda taken a left at albuquerque!

dickey simmons butt and left teat is too much.

GBMelBlount
06-11-2008, 02:48 PM
Thanks guys, a couple thoughts:

Reve: any specific 80's tunes?
Dino: Any specific songs from Blade/crow?
AVSteel: Any particular puscifier fave's?
Stlrtruck: what is HHH?
Mach1: any fave's by God smack or white zombie ?
LLT: Is your wife hot?

I'm not really familiar with these groups other than hearing their names. I will actually try to listen to some of these tonight. thanks.

tony hipchest
06-11-2008, 02:57 PM
check out "extreme aggression" by KREATOR (german thrash metal band).

i used to channel the energy from this song like a plant photosynthesizing sunlight.

MACH1
06-11-2008, 03:34 PM
Rob (white) Zombie - More Human than Human, Electric Head, Thunder Kiss, Dragula, Living Dead Girl,

GodSmack - Moon Baby, Whatever, Keep Away, Time Bomb, Bad Religion, Get Up-Get Out, Stress, Situation, Voodoo

And I'll throw in a few more, Some (or all) not safe for kids. :chuckle:

Kid Rock - Bawitdaba, Devil without a Cause, Wasting Time, Somebody's gotta feel this

RoethlisBURGHer
06-11-2008, 03:40 PM
I use a lot of old Metallica when I am working out. The first couple Korn albums are good. So is Rage Against the Machine.

The Duke
06-11-2008, 04:17 PM
how about.... "Here We Go Steelers" :tt03:

I usually listen to Trance music or foo fighters. some metallica here and there

lilyoder6
06-11-2008, 04:25 PM
well when i work out i listen to rap/hip-hop. some hard shit thats gets u pumped.. and then during weights during school our coach put on acdc

revefsreleets
06-11-2008, 04:34 PM
Yup, heavier and faster the better. Metallica, Slayer, Exodus, Anthrax, King Diamond/Merciful Fate, etc, etc...

CanadianSteel
06-13-2008, 09:18 AM
Since you have the metal suggestions how about a couple Rap ones for you.....
FYI I like all kinds of music.....

Always been a fan of " Mamma said knock you out" by LL Cool J as great work out song

Also "Fight the power" by Public enemy is a great 80's workout song......

Gets the blood pumpin and the weights moving.....

revefsreleets
06-13-2008, 09:53 AM
I hate rap, but those two songs ain't bad...

vasteeler
06-13-2008, 10:59 AM
Thanks guys, a couple thoughts:

Reve: any specific 80's tunes?
Dino: Any specific songs from Blade/crow?
AVSteel: Any particular puscifier fave's?
Stlrtruck: what is HHH?
Mach1: any fave's by God smack or white zombie ?
LLT: Is your wife hot?

I'm not really familiar with these groups other than hearing their names. I will actually try to listen to some of these tonight. thanks.

My favs from Puscifer are
Vagina mine
Queen Bee
Dozo
Indigo Children

Steeldude
06-14-2008, 12:36 AM
rocky CD makes for good workout music. i have the compilation CD, but it doesn't contain "going the distance".

as much as i like it, i tend to stay away from fast paced metal music when lifting. it tends to make me work too fast. it's good for cardio, but not for lifting, IMO.

Going the Distance

3u21Mec_Xsw

Rhee Rhee
06-14-2008, 08:22 AM
I'm starting to workout after 12 years off & just wondering what more recent groups / songs (last 5 - 10 years) you guys could recommend to listen to during my workouts.

GBMB, I got your back.

If your looking for like "pump up" music i think hard rap is the way to go if you're looking for new(ish) songs...

I personally recommend Jay-Z and a few 50 Cent songs... the lyrics are a bit inapropriate, HOWEVER IMO it's the beat of the music that helps me when i work out.

Dirt Off Your Shoulder - Jay-Z
You Don't Know - 50 Cent
DMX is a very "vocal" artist and pulls of the job when it comes to workout music

if this is the type of stuff your're looking you can PM me for more.
Then again the 80s rock always works just as well! :chuckle:

stillers4me
06-14-2008, 09:08 AM
Geez......the music mentioned here would drive me nuts! When I do cardio, I need some good old fashioned rock and roll. My cardio playlist right now on my ipod has classic Aerosmith, Bon Jovi (some old songs and some new), Daughtry, a couple of new Eagles songs, and some rockin' Keith Urban.

But I'm a middle aged white chick.......what do I know? :hunch:

If you have an ipod, you can download workout mixes from itunes. They can be found in the category Nike sports tunes. I may get one of those when I get bored with my current playlist.

Steeldude
06-14-2008, 10:56 AM
must restrain self from commenting on rap :hyper:

RAP :monkey:

j/k. everyone has their own tastes :thumbsup:

vasteeler
06-16-2008, 11:19 AM
must restrain self from commenting on rap :hyper:

RAP :monkey:

j/k. everyone has their own tastes :thumbsup:

i agree and i also feel the same way about country music not made befor 1970