PDA

View Full Version : I KNEW Lakers/Kings 2002 was fixed

tony hipchest
06-10-2008, 11:05 PM
http://sportsillustrated.com/2008/basketball/nba/06/10/betting.probe.ap/index.html

when i first heard the report on sportscenter i couldnt remember what year that semi-finals was and still cant say for sure which opponent the lakers went on to face in the finals (sixers?).... but there was no doubt (out of all the playoff series i have watched that this was the one that was most suspicious). it is the main reason i dont like the lakers to this day because as long as i have always felt the patriots were cheating in football, i have felt that the lakers were handed this series and the kings were absolutely robbed.

makes me wonder about the shaq/kobe's vs portland series also.

fansince'76
06-10-2008, 11:16 PM
when i first heard the report on sportscenter i couldnt remember what year that semi-finals was and still cant say for sure which opponent the lakers went on to face in the finals (sixers?)....

They wound up sweeping the Nets in one of the most boring Finals series ever. :yawn:

I agree that the Lakers were pretty much handed that game, but the Kings could have and should have taken care of business in game 7 at home. Instead they pulled a choke job that would have made Karl Malone proud.

BettisFan
06-11-2008, 12:04 AM
what ever basketball is boring

fansince'76
06-11-2008, 12:04 AM

Then stop commenting!

MACH1
06-11-2008, 12:05 AM
Sounds like game two in boston. What was it, boston with 38 fta and la had a whopping 10 fta.
Things that make you go hmmmmm.

As far as the kings go they choked it away like the patriots.

tony hipchest
06-11-2008, 12:26 AM

:rolleyes: whatever RocketFan.

:busted:

klick81
06-11-2008, 01:47 AM
LMAO!!!

Jeremy
06-12-2008, 11:01 AM
How is this surprising considering the NBA's past? This is a league that's been corrupt pretty much from the begining. Accusations of game fixing just prove what a worthless product the NBA really has become.

fansince'76
06-12-2008, 11:24 AM
Is it really any worse than a league where the Commissioner pretty much sweeps almost a decade's worth of a franchise's cheating under the rug while the rest of the league's owners tow the company line because they just want it all to go away? If it weren't for the Steelers, I would be finding something else to do on Sundays during the Fall.

Jeremy
06-12-2008, 12:11 PM
Is it really any worse than a league where the Commissioner pretty much sweeps almost a decade's worth of a franchise's cheating under the rug while the rest of the league's owners tow the company line because they just want it all to go away? If it weren't for the Steelers, I would be finding something else to do on Sundays during the Fall.

No, it's not.

It's a wierd day in sports when Major League Baseball, with all of their steroid issues, looks like the cleanest sport out there.

Michael Keller
06-12-2008, 12:19 PM

Gary ( I hope I have your first name right) Your Quote above says it all for me. I am still bothered what happened, both the cheating and overall coverup including Rooney and Cowher et al .

Michael

BettisFan
06-13-2008, 02:43 PM
I am just saying its more boring than hockey or football, but year come on over they years every time we were like wtf thats a BS call.... it was!

tony hipchest
06-13-2008, 07:56 PM
.... but year come on over they years every time we were like wtf thats a BS call....

:alcoholic

youre drunk huh?

can anyone here translate teenager?

warddj86
06-13-2008, 09:24 PM
makes you wonder if the kings would have been the nba champs that year

Rhee Rhee
06-14-2008, 09:02 AM
i consider myself a fan of the lakers but i guess you could say more so when they're good...

that series if i'm not mistaken was the robert horry 3 at the buzzer... i loved that series... IMO was one of the best playoff series of all time.. BUT i have to admit the calls that were going for the lakers were a bit tacky.. i recall vlade and his backup and his backup's backup fouling out in game 4 or 5 of the series.. at the time i felt shaq was just doing his buisness but now i guess i can peice it all toegether.