PDA

View Full Version : DVD's

SteelerDan43
11-13-2005, 03:34 PM
Has anyone here bought this DVD? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AYEL5G/102-4984005-1182520?v=glance&n=130&n=507846&s=dvd&v=glance That can tell me what they think of it? Does it include the whole games or just highlights?? Also has anyone gotten any of the DVD's of the super bowls off of ebay? I would really like to find decent copies of the whole games for my dad for christmas

Atlanta Dan
11-13-2005, 05:00 PM
You will not get complete games except illegal videos of taped games sold through EBay or other sites (a combination of copyright issues involving the NFL & the networks + the hegemony of NFL Films repackaging game highlights for resale).

Warner Home Video does not state exactly what we are getting here. I am hoping this compilation includes both the 1/2 hour annual season highlights videos for 1974-75 & 1978-79 + the 1/2 hour videos of Super Bowls IX, X, XIII & XIV. This DVD runs 244 minutes which comes out to 8 one-half hour videos = 4 season highlight packages + 4 Super Bowl packages

For $20 I will be ordering this DVD to go with my "Steelers Complete History" DVD.

Thanks for letting me know this is available.

BB2W
11-13-2005, 05:27 PM
"Steelers Complete History" DVD

I just got that, but I haven't watched it yet...

Prosdo
11-13-2005, 06:17 PM
Anxious to hear how you guys like it. I really enjoyed the complete history DVD. Thinking about picking up this one too.

Koopa
11-13-2005, 07:42 PM
i wanna buy the history dvd, but damn it might be a waste of money cause i don't watch dvds much and i don't think i can find six hours to just sit down and enjoy it

Atlanta Dan
11-17-2005, 09:44 PM
Do not buy this DVD

It has the 4 Super Bowl videos (which run on ESPN & ESPN Classic constantly) but does not have the 4 Steeler highlight videos for the 4 Super Bowl seasons.

Instead, you get league highlight videos for 1974, 1975, 1978 & 1979. I did not know (and do not care) that Steve Bartkowski was NFL rookie of the year in 1975 or that the Jets were last in passing offense and had 2 head coaches in 1975, but this worthless DVD has provided that knowledge to me.

It is not worth the hassle of attempting to return this DVD for a $15 refund based on false advertising, but I have been burned.

Hammer67
11-17-2005, 10:20 PM
Do not buy this DVD

It has the 4 Super Bowl videos (which run on ESPN & ESPN Classic constantly) but does not have the 4 Steeler highlight videos for the 4 Super Bowl seasons.

Instead, you get league highlight videos for 1974, 1975, 1978 & 1979. I did not know (and do not care) that Steve Bartkowski was NFL rookie of the year in 1975 or that the Jets were last in passing offense and had 2 head coaches in 1975, but this worthless DVD has provided that knowledge to me.

It is not worth the hassle of attempting to return this DVD for a $15 refund based on false advertising, but I have been burned.

SOme general football fans would disagree!! I, personally, think it would be great to get a recap of those years. I was just a bit too young to remember the early ones.

Hammer67
11-17-2005, 10:22 PM
i wanna buy the history dvd, but damn it might be a waste of money cause i don't watch dvds much and i don't think i can find six hours to just sit down and enjoy it

Buyit, watch it, love it. If you are a fan it is worth every penny. Besides, you can sit down and watch a 3+ hour game every Sunday, right???:hunch:

Koopa
11-17-2005, 11:02 PM
Buyit, watch it, love it. If you are a fan it is worth every penny. Besides, you can sit down and watch a 3+ hour game every Sunday, right???:hunch:

well only if the steelers are on, but most sundays i'm sitting at my desk doing homework, studying, or posting. not much of a sit down and watch a dvd kinda guy

BlitzburghRockCity
11-17-2005, 11:38 PM

they have these new things called STOP and PAUSE now on dvd players so that might help you decide :rofl: :wink:

but really though, I know what you mean, once u start watching it u have to finish! :cool:

Koopa
11-18-2005, 01:49 AM
they have these new things called STOP and PAUSE now on dvd players so that might help you decide :rofl: :wink:

but really though, I know what you mean, once u start watching it u have to finish! :cool:

oh shit! really? damn where the hell have i been? lol, maybe i'll tell someone to buy it for me for a chirstmas gift, i got to save my money for stupid books for next semester. on second thought, screw college i'm dropping out right now lol

SteelerDan43
12-29-2005, 02:43 PM
So I bought the pirated full game DVD's off of ebay and they are great! The first one vs the Vikings is ok, you can tell it was taped with pre vcr technology, missing some plays, nothing important though. The other three are great, the have a little pre-game, halftime thoughts, and post game coverage/interviews. The last one vs LA even includes the Coke Mean Joe commercial! Well worth the 40 bucks, my Dad absolutley loves them. He made the entire family watch the Minnesota game christmas morning. If your thinking about getting them, you wolnt be disapointed. This is the guy i got them from. http://cgi.ebay.com/SUPER-BOWL-DVD-Steelers-4-wins-9-10-13-14_W0QQitemZ6468004660QQcategoryZ617QQssPageNameZW DVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
He Also has almost all the other super bowls

tony hipchest
12-29-2005, 02:49 PM
. on second thought, screw college i'm dropping out right now lol
lmao! thats the spirit.

clevestinks
12-29-2005, 03:05 PM
i would like to know more about the DVD`s then I may consider buying them myself

SteelerDan43
12-29-2005, 06:11 PM
i would like to know more about the DVD`s then I may consider buying them myself

Well what else do you want to know?

Stlrs4Life
12-29-2005, 08:51 PM
I just got that, but I haven't watched it yet...

The Steelers History DVD!

I got mine for Christmas, and love it! It's a must see for all Steeler fans. Especially the younger Steelers Fan.

My rating: 4 SB Rings UP! LOL!:grin:

SteelCityMan786
12-29-2005, 11:00 PM

I got mine for Christmas, and love it! It's a must see for all Steeler fans. Especially the younger Steelers Fan.

That Will Get 5 SB Rings up soon.

Koopa
12-29-2005, 11:07 PM

i think i'm gonna have to get it, there is so much that i haven't seen, i've only seen a few highlight shows on espn classic but i'm sure this explains shit a whole lot better. i think i'm gonna order it right now

and hey this is my 2,000th post

Prosdo
12-30-2005, 12:38 AM
I love the history DVD. It's hours of Steelers goodness lol

SteelCityMan786
12-30-2005, 09:25 AM
i think i'm gonna have to get it, there is so much that i haven't seen, i've only seen a few highlight shows on espn classic but i'm sure this explains shit a whole lot better. i think i'm gonna order it right now

and hey this is my 2,000th post

Well Koopa. Congrats on your 2000th post. Great Contributions to this board man. And you get some rep with this congrats.

Prosdo
01-01-2006, 11:38 AM
Just heard on the Steelers kickoff on KDKA that the Steelers History DVD is on sale for $20