PDA

View Full Version : SFNFC '08

revefsreleets
06-11-2008, 09:53 AM
Yes, it's that time of year again. Yahoo league is open. I'm assuming I'm going to commish again unless someone else wants to step up to the plate. I'm also assuming we will do what we did last year, keep the same scoring for both leagues and have an ultimate championship between the AFC and NFC. I think the way to do this is by role call, and everyone who was in the NFC last year has right of first refusal. I'll get the league up and running in the next few days and PM everyone from last year with the info, but I need responses from everyone who wants to participate. After a reasonable amount of time has elapsed, anyone not responding will be assumed to be either MIA or not interested and we'll take new additions on a first come, fisrt serve basis. Also, any thoughts from the participants on increasing the league size to 12 teams?

Here is who played last year...shout out if you want back in this year:
The Duke
KATK9
NCSteeler
CantStop85
pittsburghp8baller
Buzz05
LAMBERTISGOD58
GBMelBlount
Hines86Ward
Revs

pittsburghp8baller
06-11-2008, 12:19 PM
im in again; this year ill stay active all year

revefsreleets
06-11-2008, 12:52 PM
GBM is in...just PM'd me.

43Hitman
06-11-2008, 04:12 PM
I there is any room, I would like to join. Thanks.

lilyoder6
06-11-2008, 05:29 PM
if there is any room too i would like to join

katk9
06-11-2008, 05:35 PM
I'm in. As far as I'm concern the job is yours. No more than 12 participants would work well with me. All I ask is that the draft date be on a weekend, and close to the start of the regular season as possible, don't want to take a chance on drafting someone who may get hurt in a pre-season game.

revefsreleets
06-11-2008, 05:48 PM
OK, League is created...I'll wait until we get confirmation from more people before I send out the invites, but I'm hoping we can get everyone (with one, um....notable exception) back from last year. Thankfully, I was able to import all the settings from last year so hopefully the AFC and NFC will require minimal synching up...

Any thoughts on expanding from 10-12 teams?

katk9
06-11-2008, 06:04 PM
OK, League is created...I'll wait until we get confirmation from more people before I send out the invites, but I'm hoping we can get everyone (with one, um....notable exception) back from last year. Thankfully, I was able to import all the settings from last year so hopefully the AFC and NFC will require minimal synching up...

Any thoughts on expanding from 10-12 teams?
Which date did you set for the draft?

revefsreleets
06-11-2008, 06:09 PM
I just popped something in there because I had to. I'm suggesting like the last Sunday night in August. Most leagues draft too early, IMO...we'll, of course, have to vote on it and go with the consensus...

katk9
06-11-2008, 06:15 PM
I just popped something in there because I had to. I'm suggesting like the last Sunday night in August. Most leagues draft too early, IMO...we'll, of course, have to vote on it and go with the consensus...

I'm OK with that date. You should set the draft date now, once everyone (the world) gets wind that the yahoo! is up, the dates are going to go quick.

revefsreleets
06-11-2008, 07:39 PM
Good thinking....and you're right. I was thinking last Sunday of the month and everything was almost already gone. I set our draft for Saturday August 30 at 12:30 PM.

Now, I know inevitably there will be one or two people who will have a problem with that, but it's 80 days away, so I'm hoping most people will be able to find a way to block out a couple hours that Saturday, or borrow their friends iphone or something for that time.

steelwall
06-11-2008, 08:08 PM
I would like to participate but Im a complete noob with these sorts of things.

klick81
06-11-2008, 08:14 PM
I would like to participate but Im a complete noob with these sorts of things.

Same here. Too late to join?

revefsreleets
06-11-2008, 08:18 PM
It's an existing league, so the members from last year have first right of refusal. If there are openings, I'll make sure to post that up. As of right now, we had 10, we are looking at 12, so there might be 2 plus anyone who doesn't transition over from last year.

klick81
06-11-2008, 08:31 PM
But I've ALWAYS wanted to be a fantasy football player!!!

katk9
06-11-2008, 10:13 PM
Good looking out Rev on setting the draft date now, all we need now is for everyone to commit to playing, so the invites can get out.

PalmerSteel
06-21-2008, 09:11 PM
any news from the afc side yet? cant remember who ran it.

millwalldavey
06-21-2008, 09:27 PM
If there is a spot, I'll do it... fantasy I assume?

CantStop85
06-22-2008, 10:31 PM
I'm guessing LITP won't be making a return this year? lol

revefsreleets
06-23-2008, 11:39 AM
Following Crush's lead

The Duke
KATK9
NCSteeler
CantStop85
pittsburghp8baller
Buzz05
LAMBERTISGOD58
GBMelBlount
Hines86Ward
Revs

Half the old league is in. I'll contact the other guys this week and see, then we'll go from there. I'm guessing there will be a few openings eventually.

43Hitman
06-23-2008, 05:07 PM
I am still interested when and if something opens up. Thanks.

Steeler in Carolina
06-23-2008, 07:29 PM
If you have an opening, I'd like to be considered.

revefsreleets
06-24-2008, 10:03 AM
Here's my proposal: I'll send a PM invite to the the remaining people from last year who haven't come on board in the next couple of days. They have a week to respond. We'll see how many openings we have and do some kind of lottery thing where we have another week for as many people to request a spot as possible, then I'll have a mod or someone randomly select who gets to play. Does that sound copasetic to everyone? I also think it makes perfect sense, given the high demand, to expand the league to 12 teams.

Steelman16
06-24-2008, 08:53 PM
Sounds good Rev. I'd like to be considered as well. I've run leagues before too, if you need any help.

The Duke
06-24-2008, 09:29 PM
Here's my proposal: I'll send a PM invite to the the remaining people from last year who haven't come on board in the next couple of days. They have a week to respond. We'll see how many openings we have and do some kind of lottery thing where we have another week for as many people to request a spot as possible, then I'll have a mod or someone randomly select who gets to play. Does that sound copasetic to everyone? I also think it makes perfect sense, given the high demand, to expand the league to 12 teams.

hey rev, just a suggestion but,why don't you send an email to those who haven't answered. maybe they haven't been in the site for a while and wouldn't be able to check PMs, and the email would be more direct

again, just a suggestion :drink:

katk9
06-24-2008, 11:11 PM
hey rev, just a suggestion but,why don't you send an email to those who haven't answered. maybe they haven't been in the site for a while and wouldn't be able to check PMs, and the email would be more direct

again, just a suggestion :drink:
Nice suggestion Duke, that way we can get the invites out.

revefsreleets
06-25-2008, 09:02 AM
I'm going to do just that...

revefsreleets
06-25-2008, 11:06 AM
OK, everyone has been emailed (when possible) and or/PM'd, so I'm going to give it until the 4th, and that weekend we will begin the process of filling the league up.

revefsreleets
06-27-2008, 08:48 AM
Lambert is in...we are waiting on a few more. Cutoff is going to be next weekend.

millwalldavey
07-04-2008, 12:17 PM
Are the players set in this league?

BettisFan
07-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Please add me in this league I have won the last couple years on Yahoo its my favorate. My Yahoo name is pentangeli1992. Thanks

revefsreleets
07-05-2008, 10:07 AM
That's not exactly how it works.

I think we are going to have like 5 openings, but I'm waiting until tomorrow to be sure. I'll start a new thread asking for who wants to join, and I'll have one of the mods do some kind of random drawing or whatever to fill those spots after a week of "open enrollment".

fansince'76
07-05-2008, 10:13 AM
I'll start a new thread asking for who wants to join, and I'll have one of the mods do some kind of random drawing or whatever to fill those spots after a week of "open enrollment".

Hey rev, I'll be more than happy to help with the drawing - just let me know how you want it to be conducted when the time comes.

revefsreleets
07-05-2008, 10:51 AM
Hey rev, I'll be more than happy to help with the drawing - just let me know how you want it to be conducted when the time comes.

Cool. basically I'm just going to give you a list of all the people who want to join and you'll need to select the number of them that corresponds with openings in the league. I'll start with all the people in this thread who have asked to join and see how many more we pick up over the next week.

fansince'76
07-05-2008, 11:11 AM
Cool. basically I'm just going to give you a list of all the people who want to join and you'll need to select the number of them that corresponds with openings in the league. I'll start with all the people in this thread who have asked to join and see how many more we pick up over the next week.

Sounds good - just post the list of folks who want to join here. In the interest of transparency, I'd like to propose numbering them sequentially here based on when they asked to join. I will then use this random number generator (http://www.randomizer.org/form.htm) to make the selections, and post a screenshot of the results of the selections made by the random number generator here to keep everything "above board," so to speak. Is that OK?

revefsreleets
07-05-2008, 03:30 PM
Works for me...I was going to suggest something similar since that's usually how we determine draft order...

katk9
07-05-2008, 05:23 PM
Works for me...I was going to suggest something similar since that's usually how we determine draft order...
Are you saying the draft won't be randomly picked by Yahoo!?

BettisFan
07-05-2008, 10:59 PM
Just remember i want in

millwalldavey
07-06-2008, 02:03 PM
I want in as well.

katk9
07-06-2008, 03:48 PM
What date exactly are the invites for people that have already committed themselves for this League going to be sent out?

revefsreleets
07-07-2008, 09:49 AM
Early next week. I'm tarting open sign-up in another thread, and next Monday (or so) we'll do our lottery drawing. Invites will go out after that...