PDA

View Full Version : Plaxico refusing to practice

HughC
06-11-2008, 02:02 PM
Super Bowl hangover? So much for winning bringing unity. Strahan retires, Shockey is pouting, and now Plaxico wants more money.

Plax Ain't Practicing (http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/giants/archives/2008/06/plax_aint_pract.html#comments)

Plaxico Burress is refusing to practice because the New York Giants havenít renegotiated a new contract since winning the Super Bowl.

Burress reported to Giants Stadium for the mandatory minicamp today. But he says he told the coaching staff he wonít workout without a new deal.

The wide receiver says he believes he has three years left on his current pact.

Burress, who battled through an injury-hampered season last year, caught the game-winning touchdown in the Giantsí 17-14 victory over the undefeated New England Patriots in the Super Bowl.

fansince'76
06-11-2008, 02:08 PM
Anybody STILL miss this malcontent?

tony hipchest
06-11-2008, 02:12 PM
Anybody STILL miss this malcontent?miss WHAAAAxico? a bit. that is until we completely stole sweed in the draft.

and matt trannon is to plex what kuhn was to jerome. so were alright in regards to replacing a "legend". :chuckle:

Counselor
06-11-2008, 03:01 PM
Super Bowl hangover? So much for winning bringing unity. Strahan retires, Shockey is pouting, and now Plaxico wants more money.

Plax Ain't Practicing (http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/giants/archives/2008/06/plax_aint_pract.html#comments)

Just when I thought maybe he had at least a small "team player" bone in his body---but alas, no.

He has three freaking years left on the contract!

RoethlisBURGHer
06-11-2008, 03:12 PM
Let me guess, he outplayed his contract?

Why can't these guys just accept that they signed it, it was good enough then and it will be until there is approx. a year left on the thing.

I wonder, if players were to go to managment and just politley explain their thoughts, if they might actually succeed in getting their new contracts oh so early. Instead, they throw hissy fits, refuse to practice, and hold out, and whine to the media.

The Duke
06-11-2008, 03:20 PM
Anybody STILL miss this malcontent?

but, but he's tall :flap:

I can't get mad at him after beating the pats though. but he should be thinking more about the team than himself right now. he's on the super bowl champions!

and wasn't his contract a pretty good one anyway

lilyoder6
06-11-2008, 04:28 PM
he thinks he needs more money b/c he had a good yr that turned out to be a sb ring.. i could see him doing it w/ 1 yr left and maybe 2 but not 3

Preacher
06-11-2008, 04:29 PM
I was somewhat sad to see him go... until I remember all the plays he gave up on... boneheaded mistakes he made, etc.

Naaa.....

goodbye.

thank goodness your someone else's problem now.

And before anyone jumps on on the Hines Ward "He also did it" bandwagon....

Let me remind you, Hines came out and said... I have to do this, it is a business decision. I respect the Rooney's and the Steelers.

BIG DIFFERENCE

TackleMeBen
06-11-2008, 04:39 PM
its seems like every year shockey is mad about something and plex is crying about something...but in plex's defense, he didnt practice alot last year and still had a good yr.

you signed the contract idiot.. did you not read it or have your agent read it if you couldnt???lol. its not like its the last year or two and its time to redo it...

Plexico grow up please!!!

Edman
06-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Good ol' Plax. You never let me down with your crap.

Looks like the Champion Giants are reverting back to turbulent selves. They were a team that caught lightning last year, like the '05 Steelers.

VTsteel
06-11-2008, 05:51 PM
Michael Strahan didn't nick name him No-Practico for no reason . . . at least he's consistent in that regard

Rhee Rhee
06-11-2008, 07:18 PM
miss WHAAAAxico? a bit. that is until we completely stole sweed in the draft.and matt trannon is to plex what kuhn was to jerome. so were alright in regards to replacing a "legend". :chuckle:

AMEN to that!

our recieving corp will be deadly this year... Plax had the talent to be a HOFer... too bad his attitude gets him ostricised (sp?) by any team that gives him a chance.

steelwall
06-11-2008, 07:21 PM
Anyone remeber Plax spiking the ball and lossing the fumble on his catch, as he was not downed by contact, in his first year as a Steeler???? What a tool....LOL

steelwall
06-11-2008, 07:45 PM
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b336/irishman3537/buress.jpg

One for the finger says Plax........

SteelersMongol
06-12-2008, 02:22 AM
Yeah, what else is new? I still remember this me-me-me guy.

Galax Steeler
06-12-2008, 04:16 AM
I guess he carried his attitude up to new york don't think about his team just wanting more money.

pitt
06-12-2008, 08:08 AM
I hate when players insist on more money before their contracts are up. I was really mad at Hinz Ward when he pulled the same crap a few years ago.

rbryan
06-12-2008, 08:36 AM
Plax being plax........a real shocker.

I can't really blame some of these guys because they have such a short time to make the $. Rod Woodson pointed out yesterday that if it was the other way around and he wasn't producing the Giants FO would have no problem cutting him and thus not living up to the original contract either so why should players be any different.

Obviously few here (myself included) have much tolerance for Plexico and his selfish attitude. My problem with him goes way beyond wanting more $.

fansince'76
06-12-2008, 08:39 AM
Obviously few here (myself included) have much tolerance for Plexico and his selfish attitude. My problem with him goes way beyond just wanting more $.

Same here - like dissing Pittsburgh as a "racist city" as he was on his way out - even Hines went out of his way to remark how full of shit he was on that one. If he would have just moved along quietly and kept his big yap shut, I wouldn't have nearly as much of a problem with him as I do.

Dino 6 Rings
06-12-2008, 11:54 AM
This guy is a tool bag. Now that he has a ring he thinks he is irreplacable. Pretty sure it was some no name guy that caught the most exciting pass in the Super Bowl. What did Plax do again? Oh yeah, caught a wide open pass on 1st down for at Touchdown. Good thing it wasn't 3rd down with a little pressure or a bump at the line of scrimmage. This fool never catches the ball when its a "must win" situation. Throw it his way on 1st and 2nd, money, throw his way on 3rd, warm up the Punter.

we won without him, I don't miss this jackhole for a second.

stlrtruck
06-12-2008, 02:47 PM
What did Plax do again? Oh yeah, caught a wide open pass on 1st down for at Touchdown.

If you watch that play closely, he almost dropped the ball there too.

missedgehead
06-12-2008, 08:28 PM
Yeah, he did almost dropped that pass, didn't he. LOL Not surprised here being one who also likes the Giants. Typical Plaxico. Waaaaaaah. I want more. Waaaaaaaaaah.

Rotorhead
06-13-2008, 11:01 AM
I have noticed one thing that seems to be a constant with all the a-hole un appreciative ppl lately (Plax, Shockey, Johnson) . . . Drew Rosenhaus, that guy needs to be shut down. He causes more problems and is a cancer to the NFL

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
06-13-2008, 11:20 AM
He has 3 years left on a big contract

HughC
06-13-2008, 12:56 PM
I have noticed one thing that seems to be a constant with all the a-hole un appreciative ppl lately (Plax, Shockey, Johnson) . . . Drew Rosenhaus, that guy needs to be shut down. He causes more problems and is a cancer to the NFL

Very true. And Rosenhaus is taking the same tactic with each one by having the player report to minicamp rather than holdout - avoiding fines and giving the appearance that the player is doing the right thing - but then the player comes up with a mystery tweak in his back and can't practice.

RoethlisBURGHer
06-13-2008, 07:31 PM
Very true. And Rosenhaus is taking the same tactic with each one by having the player report to minicamp rather than holdout - avoiding fines and giving the appearance that the player is doing the right thing - but then the player comes up with a mystery tweak in his back and can't practice.

Yep, and the truth is that's genious.

The player complains about a pain that is-or-isn't there. Docs can't find anything, but the player is held out by the team as a precaution. Essentially, a player hold out without the fines or fan fair (unless it's TO of course).

And truthfully, I don't think there is any way the NFL could ban Rosenhaus from representing league players right now. His tactics might be low class, but they are in no way illegal and his players don't have to do what he says.

There is only one way to get him out of the league, and that would be fore the owners to all blackball his players and not sign them to contracts. However, that's collusion which is illegal.

Therefore, we're stuck with the scumbag.

tony hipchest
06-13-2008, 10:26 PM
i think drew rosenhaus is great. although im still a little miffed how he brought the steelers to their knees with the timmons and davenport negotiations (and soon to be mcfadden).

drew is smart and shrewd, but also easy. as an organization you just dont let him push you around. he would love to represent players such as big ben or polamalu or even aaron smith, because he knows the steelers have money to give, they just cant be f---ed with.

thats why timmons was the 2nd rookie drafted in the 1st round to sign last year.

drew knows the market, and knows which owners he can ramrod and which ones he cant. more power to him.

no be escared del senior rosenhaus.

(oh, and plexico's contract wasnt that great. the giants got one hell of a deal.)

Tankus_Maximus
06-13-2008, 11:20 PM
I'm gonna be in the minority here....but I don't blame Plax at all for wanting more dough!

With the current price of gas, how could you not expect him to ask for a raise?!

But in all seriousness, the owners have the opportunity to cut or release a player whom they feel isn't performing, so why shouldn't the players have the opportunity to ask for more coin when they are performing.

Plus, it's not that often in a player's career that they get the opportunity to renegotiate a contract or get a raise...more power to 'em.

Ok....now here comes the impending barrage of insults from my Steelers brethren....

Galax Steeler
06-14-2008, 04:35 AM
He has 3 years left on a big contract

I think if you sign a contract then you should have to fulfill it he has got three years left then he should have to play it out.

Rotorhead
06-16-2008, 11:00 AM
I never said he wasnt smart, he is probably the smartest agent out there. The problem is when he pulls this crap, the players NEED to be training. The first thing on theirs minds should be making themselves the best players at their position possible. Drew shouldnt be telling the players to "sit out" or whatever. He would be 10x the agent if all his players were team leaders as well as top players, not crying babies. I understand that even though athletes make a ton of money, it costs a ton of money to be a professional athlete as well. If I were an agent, I would do everything I could to make my players the least distraction possible, and of course the most money possible. It falls on the players as well, I honestly think, as long as I made good money, I would not always demand top money if it meant the possibility of another ring.

Steeldude
06-16-2008, 12:36 PM
burress holding out for money? gee, what a shock.

let the punk rot.

KeiselPower99
06-16-2008, 12:39 PM
Screw him and screw that agent he has. Always tellin his players to hold out for more cash. Rosenhaus??? Loser!!!

lilyoder6
06-16-2008, 02:37 PM
by now u should know the motto 4 the nfl... get as many memories and as much cash as u can get b/c u'll never know when it's all over

missedgehead
06-16-2008, 02:43 PM
Well, I have done more thinking and talking with a fellow Giants fan and I think I agree with him when he reminded me that Plaxico DID play all season on that bad ankle. In a sense, I can't blame Plaxico for asking for more money.

Godfather
06-16-2008, 03:22 PM
I had to check the first post to see what year this thread started. It's like "Chris Henry arrested again" or "Skip Bayless is a moron".

Kaeg
06-16-2008, 09:39 PM
Let him be a cancer to his current team. At first I was a little sorry when he left but not long after I was glad. When I think of all the plays given up on. He has talent, but he just didn't seem to care enough to capitalize on it while he was here. Seemed to pick it up for the Giants though, which just bothered me more.