PDA

View Full Version : Who are your "sleepers" for this year?

TasmanianTroy271
06-12-2008, 01:02 AM
Hey guys, we all know this is the slow time of the year for football talk, so I figured I'd do my part and start a discussion.

QB's (other than Ben)

Jake Delhomme - I'm banking on a comeback from the Tommie Johns surgery, but if D.J. Hackett can stay healthy, he'll be a perfect compliment to Steve Smith, and Dwayne Jarrett or Moose in the slot will give him a pretty decent receiving core. Johnathan Stewart coming out of the backfield'll also keep defenses honest.

Matt Schaub - He did well without Andre Johnson for most of last year, I'd like to see his stats with Johnson for a full year, plus Steve Slaton coming out of the backfield

RB's

Marion Barber - I don't know how much of a "sleeper" he's considered, but I can't wait to see what he does as a starter.... finally.

Thomas Jones - He was awesome in Chicago, and if Faneca really was slacking off this past year, he should upgrade the line that Jones is running behind.

Selvin Young - You know what they say about running backs in Denver, I just hope he come out the starter and Shanahan doesn't do any crazy stuff like he did with Mike Bell a few years ago...

WR's

Brandon Marshall - Even with all the stuff about his "falling through the TV" fiasco, I still gotta root for the hometown guy. I think Cutler will be better this season, plus the addition of D-Jax will help draw attention away from him. I would rather have Baby T.O. this year than the real thing.

Nate Burleson - The receiving corps in Seattle has been crowded for the last couple years, but with Hackett in Carolina, Branch injured for training camp, and Bobby Engram complaining about his contract, Burleson finally has a chance to get in tune with Hasselbeck and become a start-worthy receiver. This is his last chance though.

Sidney Rice - He showed flashes of what he can do last year, and Tarvaris Jackson will have another year under the belt. Plus, Bernard Berrian will be taking attention away from Rice, who I feel has potential to break out

Limas Sweed - I know we all hope so, but from an objective perspective it looks like this; Ben flung the ball around pretty well last year, and the Steelers seem to be switching from a defense oriented team to an offense oriented team with the addition of Rashard and Limas. Plus, Limas is a Plaxico Clone and we all know the throws (even if they weren't always caught) that Ben threw up for Plax.

TE's (Other than Heath)

Ben Watson - I don't think the Patriots Offense will be as prolific this year as it was last, and I think Moss and Welker's effectiveness will be reduced greatly. However, out of this I think Brady will see Watson being the same, good TE he's always been, and he'll be a good TE to own this year

Alge Crumpler - I think Alge Crumpler is just the thing Vince Young needs. An outlet reciever whose going to be out over the middle. A match made in heaven.

Without giving away your draft strategy ( I know some of you are going to be in Leagues with each other), Who are you excited about in FF this year?

43Hitman
06-12-2008, 07:25 PM
I could tell you but then I would have to make you disappear. :wink:

steelymcmatt
06-15-2008, 09:18 AM
QB:

I don't know if he's considered a sleeper, but he does seem underrated.....Philip Rivers

Also have to consider David Garrard

RB:

Ronnie Brown behind that revamped O-line

WR:

Chris Chambers

TE:
I hate to say this, but Ben Utecht has to be on the list

steelersfanman92
06-15-2008, 08:24 PM
QB: Tarvaris Jackson, Vikings

RB: Cadilac Williams, Bucs

WR: Brandon Jones, Titians

TE: Kevin Boss, G-men

revefsreleets
06-16-2008, 09:50 AM
Ryan Torian, Kevin Smith, Matt Forte, Anthony Gonzalez, and Greg Olsen.

The Duke
06-16-2008, 03:49 PM
selvin young, limas sweed, alge crumpler , and call me crazy but....matt ryan

steelymcmatt
06-17-2008, 08:15 PM
Julius Jones is going to do well behind that O-line.