PDA

View Full Version : Bettis' Grille 36 honored

StinkyB
06-12-2008, 12:40 PM
Grille 36 has been named as a top 10 finalist in "America's Best Restroom" contest.

Link to the contest and articles.

http://www.bestrestroom.com/vote.php

Jerome Bettis: A real Business Wizz (http://steelymcstupid.com/?p=127)

SportsbyBrooks (http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/tag/pittsburgh_steelers)

I guess it is an honor for the Bus, although I'd imagine "Best steak" or "Best martini" might have been more what they were shooting for. I voted for him, out of pure Bus-love.

Hypocycloid
06-12-2008, 12:45 PM
Well that is fitting. I mean he does have some experience in that area. I know he made linebackers and safeties s@#% themselves whenever he got into the second level. It just stands to reason that he is an expert in that area and would want a clean restroom for his restaurant.

GBMelBlount
06-12-2008, 12:59 PM
How many bar restrooms can you be in and talk trash with a raven fan, watch the bar patrons,......and relieve yourself....ALL at the same time? There is really no contest imo.

StinkyB
06-12-2008, 01:05 PM
How many bar restrooms can you be in and talk trash with a raven fan, watch the bar patrons,......and relieve yourself....ALL at the same time?

Outside of San Francisco? Not many.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
06-12-2008, 01:52 PM
Stupid question, but its really this nice? having never been inside the city myself (I'm always around Butler/Cranberry area when I go around pa and pitt.), I've always wandered if I'm in town if its worth a visit?

StinkyB
06-12-2008, 02:04 PM
Stupid question, but its really this nice? having never been inside the city myself (I'm always around Butler/Cranberry area when I go around pa and pitt.), I've always wandered if I'm in town if its worth a visit?

14 times better than Woodson's Allstar Grill

23 times better than a Shula's Steakhouse.

It is a decent place to gather and grab a meal.

HometownGal
06-12-2008, 02:32 PM
14 times better than Woodson's Allstar Grill

23 times better than a Shula's Steakhouse.

It is a decent place to gather and grab a meal.

Amen to the first. Wouldn't know about the second.

Jerome's place is very nice from what I've heard but quite pricey. If you have a fin to drop and want to enjoy some good eats, check it out.

I voted for the Bus because I adore him, but personally, when I'm taking care of business in the loo, watching TV and being close enough to someone else to see the whites of their eyes and hear the tinkle drops is the last thing on my mind. I want to get in, do my thang, washie the hands and get out ASAP.

stlrtruck
06-12-2008, 02:41 PM

When you finally break down and visit Da 'Burgh the one place you darn well need to put on your places to STOP is Bettis' Grille. The price of the food is slightly higher than your "neighborhood" places like Applebee's but the portions are significantly bigger and the food is 10x better.

tony hipchest
06-12-2008, 02:49 PM
i had really looked forward to checking out the bathrooms for my 1st visit there last summer.

but after the tornado hit, i was much more focused on finishing my meal and snapping photos of all the destruction outside. all the patio furniture and trees were trashed.

amidst all the commotion, i totally forgot to pee!

heres the pics-

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=18714

SteelersJW
06-13-2008, 09:21 AM
Jeromes' Grill 36 is my alltime favorite resturant. They have Jerome-sized meals for great prices and the perfect atmosphere for a Steelers fan.

I was actually right by that area the day the tornado hit Pittsburgh. I was heading right over the West End Bridge right around the time the tornado hit. That was a pretty wichked storm. I'm happy to hear Tony Hipchest made it out okay.

GBMelBlount
06-13-2008, 09:58 AM
That was a pretty wichked storm. I'm happy to hear Tony Hipchest made it out okay.

Physically anyway......:laughing: