PDA

View Full Version : Do Tampa Bay fans hate us?

warddj86
06-12-2008, 04:27 PM
I went on a Bucs fan forum, asked who their rivals were, and a few said the Steelers, check it out, I don't get it.

http://thecaptainsdeck.net/index.php?topic=8652.0

warddj86
06-12-2008, 04:46 PM
what??

RoethlisBURGHer
06-12-2008, 04:54 PM
I don't quite get it either because we hardly ever play Tampa Bay.

Maybe because we damn near shut them out in 2006?

I remember back when they had that big sack of crap Sapp and he'd always skip through the other team's warmup...Joey Porter basicly dared him to do so. I remember Buccaneer fans being riled up about that.

Other than that stuff, I can't think of anything. Never played them in the Super Bowl, I don't think we ever cost them a division title with a specific loss to us, rarley ever play each other.

tony hipchest
06-12-2008, 05:00 PM
back when the bucs were contenders sapp skipped his fat ass through the steelers warm ups. (2002 i think) we killed them something like 21-3. after the game lee flowers called them out and dubbed them "paper champions".

this public humiliation musta fired them up because ironically they went out and won the superbowl. (2002?)

warddj86
06-12-2008, 05:07 PM
but it shouldn't matter cuz they won a super bowl and warren sapp went to oakland, who they beat in the super bowl, maybe they just said they to screw with me

Preacher
06-12-2008, 05:17 PM
Most of them seem to be confusing their own hated teams with the actual rivals

The Duke
06-12-2008, 05:22 PM
easy, we took sean mahan away from them :chuckle:

warddj86

Oh!!!

I can now see why they'd be pissed

Jeremy
Here's the thing......I've found a lot of fans from that part of the country have at least some dislike for teams from the Northeast/Midwest. I'm pretty sure it's a cultural thing with them.

Dino 6 Rings
06-12-2008, 05:23 PM
Didn't they used to be Rivals with Green Bay in the "Battle of the Bays"

I think they should worry about the NFC South and their coach who can't put a winning team together and not focus on us.

warddj86
06-12-2008, 05:25 PM
We'll see

QB- Pittsburgh
WRs- Pittsburgh
RBs- Pittsburgh
OL- Tampa Bay
DL- PIttsburgh
LBs- Pittsburgh
S/CBs- Tampa Bay
K/P- Even

It adds up, we're just straight-up better

Elvis
06-12-2008, 06:18 PM
I have always hated the Buccaneers since they had Mouth Sapp. All the guy ever did was talk and run his suck about how soft the Steelers were.. all he did in 2 games vs the steelers in that span was like 4 tackles in 2 consecutive games played in Tampa.
If Tampa dont like... they can bite it!!
:applaudit:

Steeler in Carolina
06-12-2008, 06:53 PM
They really don't have anyone to be a rival. The teams in their division have no real identity:

Panthers--Good one year, bad the next. Plus have a lot of fair weather fans.
Falcons-- Usually a bad team and not much of a fan base.
Saints--Usually a bad team.

warddj86
06-12-2008, 07:06 PM
yep

SteelersMongol
06-12-2008, 10:13 PM
Most of them seem to be confusing their own hated teams with the actual rivals

They really don't have anyone to be a rival. The teams in their division have no real identity:

Panthers--Good one year, bad the next. Plus have a lot of fair weather fans.
Falcons-- Usually a bad team and not much of a fan base.
Saints--Usually a bad team.

:chuckle: Tampa what? :laughing:

warddj86
06-12-2008, 11:02 PM
a guy on the site told me they were just miffed about the paper champs comment

Steelman16
06-13-2008, 03:08 AM
a guy on the site told me they were just miffed about the paper champs comment

I guess they have nothing else going on to worry about? That was comment made in 2002 - hello - we're in 2008... :chuckle:

:coffee:

Galax Steeler
06-13-2008, 04:46 AM
I think they said that to mess with you we shouldnt even be a hated rival with them.:noidea:

Rhee Rhee
06-13-2008, 05:55 AM

:laughing:

LOL

tunes4life
06-13-2008, 09:05 AM
I'm sure every market has someone who hates every team for one reason or another. I think they came out of the woodwork because an obvious Steeler fan was posting the question. :helmet:

SteelersJW
06-13-2008, 09:58 AM
Yeah what the hell? They're the ones who last time we met kicked a field goal at the end so they would get shut out. What a bunch of bitches.

CanadianSteel
06-13-2008, 11:00 AM
Yeah what the hell? They're the ones who last time we met kicked a field goal at the end so they would get shut out. What a bunch of bitches.

You beat me too it.....what a friggin wuss thing to do...... I kinda liked Gruden until he pulled that stunt 2 years back.

rbryan
06-13-2008, 11:18 AM
Get used to it. Fans from ALL teams hate the Steelers.

Now ask me if I care.

X-Terminator
06-13-2008, 11:19 AM
Does anyone really care? Seriously?

stlrtruck
06-13-2008, 11:21 AM
It's my fault guys. Driving my truck around the Tampa Bay area, visiting Steelers Fan Clubs, and the such. They just aren't use to having die-hard fans in the area.

Matter of fact I have been flipped off and almost run off the road because of my truck. So I don't know what their problem is here in the Bay area but from my experience with scubs fans, only a hand full truly know and understand the game of football.

fansince'76
06-13-2008, 11:24 AM
Buccaneers fans hate us? I don't know how I'll ever be able to go on. :yawn:

rbryan
06-13-2008, 11:31 AM
I lived in theClearwater/St Pete area for a few years. The majority of Tampa Bay fans are all from somewhere else to begin with. Bandwagon jumpers that sold out thier hometown team just because they moved to Fla. South Fla/Miami is the same way.

I think theres more Steeler fans living in the Tampa area than there are Bucs fans that are from there originally. I've been to several games in Tampa and Miami over the years that looked like Steeler home games.

oldschool
06-13-2008, 11:52 AM
Buccaneers?.....What's wrong with their Buccaneers?...... I don't see anything wrong with their Buccaneers!!

warddj86
06-13-2008, 12:20 PM
Buccaneers?.....What's wrong with their Buccaneers?...... I don't see anything wrong with their Buccaneers!!

Me niether, and I didn't think they had anything agaisnt us, thats why I was surprised, are there fans that respect us and don't hate us.?

revefsreleets
06-13-2008, 12:27 PM
I lived in theClearwater/St Pete area for a few years. The majority of Tampa Bay fans are all from somewhere else to begin with. Bandwagon jumpers that sold out thier hometown team just because they moved to Fla. South Fla/Miami is the same way.

I think theres more Steeler fans living in the Tampa area than there are Bucs fans that are from there originally. I've been to several games in Tampa and Miami over the years that looked like Steeler home games.

That's exactly what it is. Most of these people are importing their hatred from wherever it is they originated.

verks36
06-13-2008, 12:34 PM
i think they are just saying that because you are a steelers fan

when was the last time we played them back when they had shaun king starting?

Lord Stiller
06-13-2008, 12:48 PM
PAPER CHAMPS

thats why they hate us.....you all forgot about that?

warddj86
06-13-2008, 01:33 PM
i think they are just saying that because you are a steelers fan

when was the last time we played them back when they had shaun king starting?

Nah, we played in our 8-8 season at home, we beat them with bruce gradkowski starting

Edman
06-13-2008, 04:09 PM
What else is new? The Steelers are a real hatable team throughout history. There's the whole "paper champions" bit when we beat them in 2001. But Lee Flowers is long gone. I say let them harbor on it.

Baltimore hates us.
Oakland hated us in the 70's, and probably still does.
Dallas hates us.
Jacksonville hates us.
Houston hates us from the Oilers days.
Cleveland hates us.
Cincy hates us.
Tennesee hates us from the old AFC Central.
New England hates us.

MasterOfPuppets
06-13-2008, 05:42 PM
What else is new? The Steelers are a real hatable team throughout history. There's the whole "paper champions" bit when we beat them in 2001. But Lee Flowers is long gone. I say let them harbor on it.

Baltimore hates us.
Oakland hated us in the 70's, and probably still does.
Dallas hates us.
Jacksonville hates us.
Houston hates us from the Oilers days.
Cleveland hates us.
Cincy hates us.
Tennesee hates us from the old AFC Central.
New England hates us.
you've forgotten our newest haters.......the whiners in seattle...:popcorn:

warddj86
06-13-2008, 05:57 PM

and denver since we kicked their asses out of super bowl xl.

Hawk Believer
06-13-2008, 06:22 PM
Here's the thing......I've found a lot of fans from that part of the country have at least some dislike for teams from the Northeast/Midwest. I'm pretty sure it's a cultural thing with them.

That reminds me of this Onion article.....

South Postpones Rising Again For Yet Another Year
April 12, 2000 | Issue 36•13

HUNTSVILLE, AL–For the 135th straight year since Gen. Robert E. Lee's surrender at Appomattox, representatives for the South announced Monday that the region has postponed plans to rise again.

Three of the estimated 45 million Southerners who have not yet gotten around to rising again.
"Make no mistake, the South shall rise again," said Knox Pritchard, president of the Huntsville-based Alliance Of Confederate States. "But we're just not quite ready to do it now. Hopefully, we'll be able to rise again real soon, maybe even in 2001."

Pritchard's fellow Southerners shared his confidence.

"Yes, sir. The South will rise again, and when it does, I'll be right up front waving the Stars and Bars," said Dock Mullins of Decatur, GA. "But first, I gotta get my truck fixed and get that rusty old stove out of my yard."

"Lord willing, and the creek don't rise, we gonna rise again," said Sumter, SC, radiator technician Hap Slidell, who describes himself as "Southern by the grace of God." "I don't know exactly when we're gonna do it, but one of these days, we're gonna show them Yankees how it's done."

"Save your Confederate dollars," Slidell added. "You can bet on that."

The Deep South states of Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, South Carolina, Louisiana, and Tennessee consistently rank at the bottom of the nation in a wide variety of statistical categories, including literacy, infant mortality, hospital beds, toilet-paper sales, and shoe usage. Even so, some experts believe the region could be poised for a renaissance.

"The way things stand, things in the Deep South almost have to get better. Otherwise, the people who live there will devolve into preverbal, overall-wearing sub-morons within a century," said Professor Dennis Lassiter of Princeton University. "Either Southerners will start improving themselves, or they'll be sold to middle-class Asians as pets."

"My constituents are decent, hard-working folk," said Sen. Jesse Helms (R-NC), despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, in his 22nd annual "Next Year, By God!" speech on the steps of North Carolina's capitol building. "We are a proud people who mayn't have all that much fancy-pants book-learnin', but we live and die with pride in our proud heritage and the dignity of our forebears."

Helms' speech was met with nearly 25 minutes of enthusiastic hoots and rebel yells by the 15,000 drunk, unemployed tobacco pickers in attendance.

Though Southerners are overwhelmingly in favor of rising again, few were able to provide specific details of the rising-again process.

"I don't know, I reckon we'll build us a bunch of big, fancy buildins and pave us up a whole mess of roads," said Bobby Lee Fuller of Greenville, MS. "I ain't exactly sure where we're gonna get the money for that, but when Johnny Reb sets his mind to something, you best get out of his way."

"Oh, it'll happen, sure as the sun come up in the morning," said Buford Comstock, 26, a student at Over 'N' Back Diesel Driving School in Union City, TN. "The South is gonna rise up, just as soon as we get together and get all our shit back in one sock. Then, look out, Northerners!"

"Yesiree," Comstock added, "one day soon, the Mason-Dixon Line will be the boundary between a great nation and one whose time done passed."

millwalldavey
06-13-2008, 08:15 PM
I dunno. I hate everyone but the Black and Gold.

millwalldavey
06-13-2008, 08:18 PM

LOL. Seattle! I saw the Philly Crows practicing on TV the other day... which for some reason reminded me that the CFL starts soon. For some reason mentions of Seattle make me think of the CFL as well...

RoethlisBURGHer
06-13-2008, 08:25 PM
Who hates us:

Cleveland
Baltimore
Cincinnati
New England*
Denver
Seattle
Philadelphia
Tampa Bay
Oakland
Dallas
Tennessee
Jacksonville
Indianapolis

We're probally the most hated out of all the NFL besides New England. However we are hated because other team's fans wish they had out history, New England* is hated because they are a bunch of cheaters.

warddj86
06-13-2008, 09:10 PM
Who hates us:

Cleveland
Baltimore
Cincinnati
New England*
Denver
Seattle
Philadelphia
Tampa Bay
Oakland
Dallas
Tennessee
Jacksonville
Indianapolis

We're probally the most hated out of all the NFL besides New England. However we are hated because other team's fans wish they had out history, New England* is hated because they are a bunch of cheaters.

What about the Jets, remember when we beat them in '04

RoethlisBURGHer
06-13-2008, 09:40 PM
What about the Jets, remember when we beat them in '04

Not every team we beat in the playoffs hate us. However, Jets fans hate everyone...that is another reason why those obnoxious bastarts aren't on the list.

I listed teams fanbases that hate us specificly, not in their general hate for the teams that just aren't the [place name of team here].

rbryan
06-13-2008, 10:14 PM
I dunno. I hate everyone but the Black and Gold.

I'm pretty much with you. Although theres a few teams I don't hate. Sounds like a new thread: Teams I hate the least......lol.... its a pretty short list.

NY Giants (Because they beat the patsies)
Carolina Panthers (I like John Fox)
Houston Texans (They suck and I feel sorry for them......wait a minute we play them first next year so strike them from the list...lol)

Thats about it.....I officially hate everyone else

steelergirl07
06-14-2008, 02:53 AM
I've realized people either love the Steelers or hate the Steelers. There is no middle ground. Jealousy is my best bet.

SteelCityMan786
06-14-2008, 09:48 AM
I went on a Bucs fan forum, asked who their rivals were, and a few said the Steelers, check it out, I don't get it.

http://thecaptainsdeck.net/index.php?topic=8652.0

1 word

JEALOUSY!

millwalldavey
06-14-2008, 01:23 PM
I'm pretty much with you. Although theres a few teams I don't hate. Sounds like a new thread: Teams I hate the least......lol.... its a pretty short list.

NY Giants (Because they beat the patsies)
Carolina Panthers (I like John Fox)
Houston Texans (They suck and I feel sorry for them......wait a minute we play them first next year so strike them from the list...lol)

Thats about it.....I officially hate everyone else

YEah.. that was harsh/simplistic... I like the Giants because theyre my dads team. I like the Panthers somewhat as well.

TackleMeBen
06-14-2008, 03:14 PM
cant we give him back:thumbsup:

HometownGal
06-14-2008, 04:03 PM
cant we give him back:thumbsup:

I'll remember you said that if the Steelers play him at his natural G position and he performs as well as he did for the Bucs.

TackleMeBen
06-14-2008, 04:17 PM
I'll remember you said that if the Steelers play him at his natural G position and he performs as well as he did for the Bucs.
if he plays guard then we can keep him.. but if he is at center this season.. i want to send him back asap :wink02:

HometownGal
06-14-2008, 04:28 PM
if he plays guard then we can keep him.. but if he is at center this season.. i want to send him back asap :wink02:

Just in case you've been on the moon the last few months, Justin Hartwig was signed to compete for (and should easily win) the C spot. :wink02:

TackleMeBen
06-14-2008, 04:40 PM
Just in case you've been on the moon the last few months, Justin Hartwig was signed to compete for (and should easily win) the C spot. :wink02:
no i havent. but i am sure its better than being in detroit..lol:chuckle:. i know they signed hartwig, but its not wrote in stone that hartwig has the job, which means mahan could do better (hopefully not) and win the center position again..:banging:

HughC
06-14-2008, 04:41 PM
It is not unusual for fans of other teams to hate winning teams and their fans. Winning teams are a symbol of unfulfilled dreams to them. Jealousy and envy are common human emotions. People will cheer you when you are the underdog; the rags-to-riches, David beats Goliath story gives anybody that is not on top hope. But as soon as you repeat your success, others will see you as evil, blaming you for their own shortcomings. Look at the Patriots, even before spygate, for example. When they won their first superbowl everybody loved them. By the time they were playing for their third championship everybody hated them.

A team like the Steelers, with 18 division titles in 35 years, along with five championships, has been consistently very good for most fan's lifetimes. The vast majority that read and post on forums such as this aren't old enough to remember the Steelers not being good. For fans of other teams, that can be very frustrating, especially if they experience long periods of mediocrity. Even when they do finally win a title and start to feel good about themselves and their team, they'll likely hear a Steeler fan say "let me know when you have five" and their bubble is burst. Predictably, that frustation will result in anger and resentment towards the better team and its fans.

HometownGal
06-14-2008, 04:48 PM
no i havent. but i am sure its better than being in detroit..lol:chuckle:. i know they signed hartwig, but its not wrote in stone that hartwig has the job, which means mahan could do better (hopefully not) and win the center position again..:banging:

And if that happens (which I don't see happening), obviously Coach T and Zierlein feel he is the man for the job. That is why they are NFL coaches and we are mere spectators. :wink02: Admittedly, Mahan didn't play well at the C position last season, but I don't believe any of the other OLmen played any better - they all were equally responsible for the OL's failures to protect Ben and get the job done.

TackleMeBen
06-14-2008, 04:50 PM
And if that happens (which I don't see happening), obviously Coach T and Zierlein feel he is the man for the job. That is why they are NFL coaches and we are mere spectators. :wink02: Admittedly, Mahan didn't play well at the C position last season, but I don't believe any of the other OLmen played any better - they all were equally responsible for the OL's failures to protect Ben and get the job done.

that i agree with.. :hug:

rick723
06-14-2008, 10:07 PM
back when the bucs were contenders sapp skipped his fat ass through the steelers warm ups. (2002 i think) we killed them something like 21-3. after the game lee flowers called them out and dubbed them "paper champions".

this public humiliation musta fired them up because ironically they went out and won the superbowl. (2002?)

And fats sapp had the last laugh, they won the sb and we went home when the Pats cheated us in the afcg. But fats got back at Lee Good. Waved at him said Lee is sitting at hoem, we're playing in the sb

missedgehead
06-15-2008, 08:51 PM
Lots of people seem to hate the Steelers, it seems. I can't stand the Buccanneers. I was so happy to see the Giants knock around that Jeff Garcia in the playoffs. He had been a literal "Giant Killer", pun intended the past several years......brought the 49ers back against the Giants in the playoffs a few years ago, I want to say 2002 or 2001 not sure of the year. Then in the 2006/07 playoffs, when Garcia was an Iggle, he knocked out my Giants again so I was happy to see the Giants knock Garcia around as a Succanneer.