PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for me please

RoethlisBURGHer
06-13-2008, 09:54 PM
Hey guys, I am in a bit of a job dillema.

I work as a gas station attendant at the moment, and it's a crappy job. And to make it even worse, BP is franchising all of it's sites in Northeast Ohio so there is no gaurantee whoever buys the store I work at will keep all of it's employees, if any.

I want out anyhow, and this just makes it more stressful.

There really aren't any jobs out there, most want someone with experience because they don't want to train anyone. Therefore, I am thinking about becoming a police officer. It's something that I have considered before, not to mention it's a job that's always in demand.

So please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I try to make a desicion on what do do career-wise in my life.

Thank you.

GBMelBlount
06-13-2008, 11:12 PM
I am praying for you. You are a very smart kid and have your whole life ahead of you. Don't worry about what's in demand. Set your sights on whatever you are passionate about and makes you happy. And put your heart into it. The rest will fall in place. Good luck.

PAMillerGrrl83
06-14-2008, 12:12 AM
I'll keep you in my prayers! Good luck!

katk9
06-14-2008, 04:54 AM
Pray on it, and God will be with you.
:thmbup:

fansince'76
06-15-2008, 01:00 AM
Like GB said Roeth, follow the path that will make you happy, put your heart and full commitment into it, and you'll be fine. I will keep you in my prayers. Good luck! :drink:

MACH1
06-15-2008, 01:09 AM
Yep...Try to do something you love to do, after all you'll be doing it everyday for who knows how many years. Good luck

HometownGal
06-15-2008, 06:51 PM
You have a great head on your shoulders, Roeth, and I have no doubt that whatever career you choose, you wll excel at it. :thumbsup: I'm pullin' for ya hon! :hug:

Please keep us posted on how you are doing, OK? :hug:

SteelersMongol
06-16-2008, 10:29 PM
I wish you my best. Good luck.

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-17-2008, 01:02 PM
Hey guys, I am in a bit of a job dillema.

I work as a gas station attendant at the moment, and it's a crappy job. And to make it even worse, BP is franchising all of it's sites in Northeast Ohio so there is no gaurantee whoever buys the store I work at will keep all of it's employees, if any.

I want out anyhow, and this just makes it more stressful.

There really aren't any jobs out there, most want someone with experience because they don't want to train anyone. Therefore, I am thinking about becoming a police officer. It's something that I have considered before, not to mention it's a job that's always in demand.

So please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I try to make a desicion on what do do career-wise in my life.

Thank you.

I'll be praying for you brother. Since you are considering going into my field...let me give you some advise if you dont mind. Approach the job and the position with humility...nothing turns off a potential law enforcement employer like someone who comes in "playing cop". Be confident but be humble...be honest in your desire to be an officer but honest in the reality that you dont know anything until trained.

Good luck and feel free to pm me if you have any questions.