PDA

View Full Version : Henry Suspended Yet Again

HughC
06-14-2008, 12:37 AM
Former Bengal Chis Henry has been suspended - indefinitely (http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Features/NFL+Features/2008/henry061308.htm)

The NFL has suspended former Bengals WR Chris Henry indefinitely, pending his trial later this month, according to his agent.

Cincinnati cut Henry on April 3 following his arrest on charges of assault and criminal damaging. A man had accused Henry of punching him in the face and breaking his car window with a beer bottle. It was Henry's fifth arrest since the Bengals selected him in the third round of the 2005 draft.Henry is scheduled for trial June 24 in Hamilton County (Ohio) Common Pleas Court. The court had granted Henry permission to try out with other teams before the start of the trial, but NFL commissioner Roger Goodell’s ruling blocks Henry from any tryouts until the case is resolved.

If Henry is acquitted, his suspension could be lifted, according to his agent, Marvin Frazier. If he is convicted, he faces a minimum one-year suspension under the NFL’s personal conduct policy. He was suspended for the first eight games of last season for having violated the policy.

This offseason the Bengals have cut the cord with Henry and LB Odell Thurman, two players whose off-the-field behavior landed them on the NFL's suspended list.

Galax Steeler
06-14-2008, 05:29 AM
I am tired of seeing Henry in the head lines all the time I think he has had to many chances and needs to be suspended for a while.

revefsreleets
06-14-2008, 09:15 AM
"Surprise, surprise, surprise"

Rhee Rhee
06-14-2008, 09:26 AM
Next in line for an indefinite suspension by the NFL: Jeramy Stevens

TackleMeBen
06-14-2008, 10:15 AM
we all knew it was going to happen. i hear they are making some new star wars cartoons.. he can go try out for that maybe..lol.. i am sure he can lend his likeness for a character..:chuckle:

stillers4me
06-14-2008, 10:23 AM
Man........I wish we was still a Bengal. :chuckle:

Black@Gold Forever32
06-14-2008, 05:12 PM
I will never understand how players as talented as Henry will never get it....I wish I had his natural talent......Its sad really to see people waste talent....To quote the movie A Bronx Tale....The saddest thing in life is wasted talent....