PDA

View Full Version : Disturbing image in apartment

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
06-14-2008, 12:38 AM
I recently moved into a new appartment.
The complex is family oriented and is brand new.

I saw a disturbing image on one of the balconies by my apartment and I am not sure what to do.

Hanging off the balcony is what appears to be a noose. Living here for only two weeks i was not sure if it really was a noose or somehthing else resembling a noose. (the balcony is on the third floor and the noose is made of thin black rope)

However, when i arrived home tonight, in the balcony window is a large rebell flag.
I now have no doubt that it is a noose hanging from the balcony.

This frurstrates me and I am not sure what to do, and exactly who to go to report this?

Looking for suggestions to take care of the matter without drawing attention to myself?

What can I do? Should I do anything?

tony hipchest
06-14-2008, 01:25 AM
i wouldnt put too much into it unless it seems like somebody is trying use racial intimidation against you.

out here in the ole west a true noose has 13 rings around the loop.

ive made a noose out of a leather thong and worn it around my neck.

i had a fully funcional 1/2" rope noose hanging from my light fixture in my college dorm because i thought it was funny. the RA's caught wind and had to come interview me to see if im suicidal.

i still have the same noose cause a good noose never goes bad.

like im gonna hang myself from a light bulb. :dang: :sofunny:

but then again, i remember going up to the "hanging tree" by the creek to party as a teenager. it was a cool spot.

this is weird because the image of a noose has a totally different meaning in the old wild west as opposed to the "dirty south".

im not sure how it is in MD. but if you dont feel threatened, just look at it as having some dickhead neighbors exercising their freedom of expression.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
06-14-2008, 01:27 AM
I dont feel threatened at all.......i am however caucasion.... but i figure if it bothers me.
it may just bother other individuals at the apartment that are not caucasion...
(not a clue if the spelling is right)

tony hipchest
06-14-2008, 01:39 AM
I dont feel threatened at all.......i am however caucasion.... but i figure if it bothers me.
it may just bother other individuals at the apartment that are not caucasion...
(not a clue if the spelling is right)you can always let them deal with it.

just use your best judgement. you can either be the hero, the whiny-assed narc, or something inbetween.

personally id leave it alone or offer them a brew and see if they were cool.

Galax Steeler
06-14-2008, 05:38 AM
you can always let them deal with it.

just use your best judgement. you can either be the hero, the whiny-assed narc, or something inbetween.

personally id leave it alone or offer them a brew and see if they were cool.

Tony I am cool will you offer me a brew.:drink:

GutterflowerSteel
06-14-2008, 08:12 AM
I would just put management on notice and let them pursue it if they see fit. Let them deal ...

millwalldavey
06-14-2008, 01:32 PM
I'd light that confederate flag on fire and send them a message back.

There have been a few of those burned around these parts in the last 10 years ;-)

MasterOfPuppets
06-14-2008, 02:29 PM
M.Y.O.D.B.

Elvis
06-15-2008, 05:57 AM
I'd light that confederate flag on fire and send them a message back.

There have been a few of those burned around these parts in the last 10 years ;-)
hmmmmm
I dont agree with the noose or anything like that. but the confederate flag.. well, I aint gonna open that can of worms.. but just try to be respectful of everyone's beliefs and if you dont want someone talking bad about your beliefs then dont talk that against someone elses either.
:helmet:

Preacher
06-18-2008, 07:43 PM
Tony is actually right in a couple areas here...

Is it really a noose? 13 wraps of a rope thick enough to hang someone with? Or is it possible a small black rope that has been tied together at one end to walk a dog with? Or to hoist up a keg of beer from below? Or to try and snatch things off the deck below? Or is it just something that was thrown out?

Assuming racial overtones is just as racist in one direction as it is in the other--

Though if ENOUGH signs are given, you are kinda forced to assume it...

I say just keep an eye out.. and if you see them, treat them fine, say hi, and talk to them. Fin out what their favorite sport and team is... then...

If they are cool... ask them what the heck the do with the rope... hang opposing teams fans?

Trust me... you will find out an answer soon enough.

If it isn't SUPPOSED to be intimidating... then I agree with MOP... MYOB after that.

If it IS supposed to be intimidating... then you can take a next step.

RoethlisBURGHer
06-18-2008, 09:06 PM
I am sure managment is well aware of what is hanging from the balcony of one of their tennants. If managment felt like it was in any way a threat, I would bet they would have already asked it to be removed.

If I were you, I'd mind my own business at this point. In this case, it's better to just let it go than to end up being the narc who ends up with his tires slashed or car window bricked.