PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Steelers Training Camp Information

SteelCityMan786
06-14-2008, 09:46 AM
IT'S ALMOST HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://news.steelers.com/article/90554/

Steelers 2008 Training Camp Information

Normal Schedule: Parking lots open at 12 noon; Campus opens at 1:30 p.m. and practice at 2:55 (see schedule below - Changes for night practices - subject to change.) Steelers Experience opens one hour before practice and closes one hour after practice at St. Vincent College.

Daily updates regarding the Steelers practice schedule will be available on this page. Please be sure to check the schedule on a regular basis for any changes.

Please keep in mind that there might be changes to the practice schedule or cancellation of practice because of weather conditions. Unfortunately sometimes those changes occur shortly before practice is scheduled to take place and we are unable to announce the change.

The Steelers host training camp at St. Vincent College in Latrobe, Pa. Steelers players report on Sunday, July 27 and the first open practice is Monday, July 28. The final practice open to the public is on Sunday, August 17.

There is no admission charge for practices at St. Vincent College. For practice at the high school field there is a small admission fee.

millwalldavey
06-14-2008, 01:51 PM
Oh baby!!!! I dunno if I can afford the gas or the hotel... but I gotta go again this year!

Big7BenHOF
06-14-2008, 02:50 PM
Oh man, how I wish I could go!

frigbee
06-24-2008, 07:43 PM
Go Steelers!

k7brown
06-25-2008, 06:53 AM
Oh man, how I wish I could go!

I wish I could as well.

HometownGal
06-25-2008, 08:25 AM
XT and I will be going again this year. Don't know what day yet, though. If anyone else is going, please let me know what day you plan on attending and maybe we can all hook up! :drink:

Many thanks for the info Matt!

revefsreleets
06-25-2008, 09:29 AM
There's no way I miss this again. Last time I went to camp, they won a SB, so hopefully I bring good mojo...

millwalldavey
06-25-2008, 09:37 AM
My sister and my best friend had babies the last time they won a super bowl... they did again this year!

I GOTTA FEELIN!

stillers4ever
06-26-2008, 10:08 AM
quick question, im goin to training camp this year for the first time in like....10 years....so i forget how the autograph session works, is that what the steelers experience is about? an hour before and after? because i used to go to basketball camp at St. Vincents and after camp we would runt out and get autographs, and we seemed to be the only ones......

SteelCityMan786
06-27-2008, 10:15 PM
XT and I will be going again this year. Don't know what day yet, though. If anyone else is going, please let me know what day you plan on attending and maybe we can all hook up! :drink:

Many thanks for the info Matt!

Not a problem Marianne. Thought I'd make sure this gets up ASAP.

COUNTDOWN TO LATROBE 2008 30

quick question, im goin to training camp this year for the first time in like....10 years....so i forget how the autograph session works, is that what the steelers experience is about? an hour before and after? because i used to go to basketball camp at St. Vincents and after camp we would runt out and get autographs, and we seemed to be the only ones......

Autograph Session is done usually at the High School Field they practice at and some will sign before and after practices. The Steelers Experience is a zone set up to be a lot like what the Steelers work out in on the south side or in some cases what they're doing in Latrobe.

fansince'76
06-27-2008, 10:23 PM
COUNTDOWN TO LATROBE 2008 30

Wow - only a month now. Can't wait - I've been jonesing for some football! :tt02:

SteelCityMan786
06-29-2008, 10:36 PM
28 more to go

trish
07-03-2008, 11:14 PM
I cannot wait for camp to start! Ready for some football!

CanadianSteel
07-04-2008, 11:15 AM
Coming to PA for the weeknd with the wife and kids to do some shopping etc... and planning to sneak away to my first camp most likely on Sunday August 3rd.
Practice is afternoon at 2:50pm

Any advice, ie best time to get there ? What to look for & do ? Best vantage points ?
Will likely have my 4 year old son as well, would he enjoy the Steeler experience or too young ?

Thanks

WWIIOwheelz
07-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Can't wait!

Looking forward to the new year

Galax Steeler
07-15-2008, 05:07 AM
Is it here yet can't wait.

SteelCityMan786
07-15-2008, 07:32 AM
12 More Days

HometownGal
07-15-2008, 07:58 AM
Coming to PA for the weeknd with the wife and kids to do some shopping etc... and planning to sneak away to my first camp most likely on Sunday August 3rd.
Practice is afternoon at 2:50pm

Any advice, ie best time to get there ? What to look for & do ? Best vantage points ?
Will likely have my 4 year old son as well, would he enjoy the Steeler experience or too young ?

Thanks

Awesome that you and the family are coming in and that you'll be attending your very first TC! :drink: :tt02:

When XT and I go, we try to get there at least an hour to an hour and a half before practice starts in order to get a good spot along the walkway where they walk from the building to the field. You can get great pics there and also high-fives from some of the players. Then - we usually find a spot up on the hill to the right of the walkway so that we can watch all of the units practice. You are permitted to bring in coolers with beverages and eats but no beer, alcohol, etc. Most definitely bring your 4 year old - there are tons of kids there (some even younger than 4) who proudly sport their Steelers gear and have a great time! About 1/2 hour before practice is over, we usually go back to the walkway and wedge our way in to find a good spot again so that we can get a couple of autographs as they are walking back up to the building. Most of the guys stop and sign but there are a few who don't as they are just too whooped from the intense practice.

Have a great time and be safe in your journey! :thumbsup::tt02:

CanadianSteel
07-16-2008, 10:03 AM
Thanks so much for the recomendations....HometownGal ! :thumbsup:

Will definately bring the camera and get some shots........ the 4 year old is still under debate but I am sure he would like hangin with his dad at Steeler camp better than hangin with Mom while shopping. :chuckle: