PDA

View Full Version : Space shuttle Discovery lands safely

stillers4me
06-14-2008, 11:21 AM
It never fails to bring tears to my eyes to watch a shuttle landing.

God bless the souls who never made it home.

revefsreleets
06-14-2008, 01:44 PM
I used to live in Florida, and we were right in the path of the sonic boom from re-entry. Scared the shit out of me every single time, without fail, whether I knew it was coming or not.

Godfather
06-16-2008, 09:27 PM
Funny thing is I never heard the sonic boom, even when it flew right over New Orleans. Maybe it was too high up, but the local news would always say to watch for it.

revefsreleets
06-17-2008, 09:20 AM
It sounded like a truck dropped on my roof. CRAZY loud...

Dino 6 Rings
06-17-2008, 11:31 AM
I'm amazed still by this every time. People in space. Ships flying around up there with a space station.

Man, amazing what the human race is capable of when we get passed the BS and focus ourselves to achieving a superior goal.

The Duke
06-17-2008, 04:15 PM
Man, amazing what the human race is capable of when we get passed the BS and focus ourselves to achieving a superior goal.

If only everyone tried as hard as they do to achieve something. the world would be such a different place. so many people focus on just doing nothing with their lives :mad:, they have no idea what they can do if they just try. space traevelling really proves how far a human being can go.

Preacher
06-17-2008, 06:43 PM
You mean like producing fake pictures of walking on the moon?

:rofl:

tony hipchest
06-17-2008, 07:00 PM
You mean like producing fake pictures of walking on the moon?

94QBDW7ro34

Preacher
06-17-2008, 07:20 PM
94QBDW7ro34

I have tears in my eyes from that!

Man.. thats worth a rep point!

beSteelmyheart
06-17-2008, 07:30 PM
It never fails to bring tears to my eyes to watch a shuttle landing.

God bless the souls who never made it home.
I saw the Challenger blow up years ago & still get the chills when we watch one take off. It's like asking an older person what they were doing when they heard about JFK-I could take you back to the exact same spot I was standing when I saw it happen. Thinking about it still bothers me.
They are talking about retiring the shuttle fleet down here & not only will it cost the area alot of jobs, but there are alot of us who will miss those old things, they are a big part of our community identity.

Preacher
06-17-2008, 08:06 PM
I saw the Challenger blow up years ago & still get the chills when we watch one take off. It's like asking an older person what they were doing when they heard about JFK-I could take you back to the exact same spot I was standing when I saw it happen. Thinking about it still bothers me.
They are talking about retiring the shuttle fleet down here & not only will it cost the area alot of jobs, but there are alot of us who will miss those old things, they are a big part of our community identity.

I have heard that.

however, I don't know if they have anything else to use yet, so I think it will be a few years.