PDA

View Full Version : I hate to be the one to say it....BUT...

The JoKeR
11-14-2005, 01:05 AM
I don't like the guy any more then any other Steelers fan....but Kordell Stewart is jobless right now. I think the steelers should pick him up to be a backup until Ben gets healthy. With the ravens coming up next week, the steelers can pick his brain a little bit. I'm thinking that baltimore did the same thing with st pierre...which is why they were able to put up 19 points against us. After Ben gets healthy, then release him....just a thought. ::puts flamesuit on::

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-14-2005, 01:07 AM
and why were at it we should pick up marice clarett....
then we can have 2 bumbs

clevestinks
11-14-2005, 01:09 AM
Number one, my thought is.
Kordell is not a qb.
and the Ravens offense shouldnt even need figured out. A.Wright looked better against us the first time we played, than he ever has before.
Kordell is not a qb.
I do see where your going , nice thought, and who knows?

The JoKeR
11-14-2005, 01:12 AM
Kordell is not a qb.
the Ravens offense shouldnt even need figured out.
Kordell is not a qb.
I do see where your going , nice thought, and who knows?

It was a good thought....but then you posted and reminded me that kordell isn't a QB. I was confused because of our current situation right now..

TasmanianTroy271
11-14-2005, 01:13 AM
I think we should too. I stand by Teh Joker :P

Koopa
11-14-2005, 01:14 AM
well we'll be playing boller next week, and damn it if maddox goes i'm gonna be nervous as hell all day on sunday. hopefully we can sign someone homeless dude casue it'll be an upgrade over maddox

clevestinks
11-14-2005, 01:15 AM
I say bring Brian StPeirre back, he knows the offense

The JoKeR
11-14-2005, 01:25 AM
I say bring Brian StPeirre back, he knows the offense

Um....steelers already tried that earlier this year. He's happier being on the ravens. He thinks he has a better chance of starting on the ravens then he does on the steelers.

soniczilla
11-14-2005, 01:50 AM
If Cowher told Brian he'd be playing next week, I'm sure he'd leap at the chance. But, will Cowher risk that? Most likely not. I agree with the original poster; bring Kordell in.

Atlanta Dan
11-14-2005, 11:55 AM
At this stage of his career I do not belive Kordell's memories of Pittsburgh are much fonder than Pittsburgh's memories of Kordell. If St. Pierre thinks he was jerked around by Cowher, my bet is Kordell (even though he had to go) does not believe he was tretaed properly by losing his job in the third week of the season after he had been a Pro Bowl QB. He has some pride and, given his mixed memories of Pittsburgh, I assume does not need the $$$ so badly that he will play rent a QB for a week and watch Tommy Gun screw up the game.

clevestinks
11-14-2005, 12:16 PM
I thought The Ravens cut him? When we played them they listed A.Wright, Boller and Stewart as thier three qb`s.

I may be wrong , wouldn`t be the first time!
LOL:grin:

Steel - X
11-14-2005, 12:20 PM
Tim Couch? Akili Smith? Cryin Leaf? Kordell Stewart? Me? I would be more confident in any of them ahead of Maddox. The gun is limp!! On a serious note lets play Randle!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-14-2005, 12:54 PM
Kordell is not coming back to the Steelers.. If Ben is not ready, and charlie's swelling has not gone down.. it will be Tommy, El as the 2nd QB and Charlie as the 3rd most likely...possibly flip depth chart positions w/ the last two though.

The steelers are gonna go w/ what brought them here. Leaving the game last nite and listening to the locker room show w/ Craig Wolfley and other steelers wrap up coverage. Charlie could have come into the game if he had too.. his finger was swollen but he could still throw the ball. Its taking snaps that he has to worry about. They will monitor this week and see if the swelling goes down. But keep in mind, El now has the QB receive in his helmet so he can hear the plays too. He's a solid QB and could do very well for us if needed.

24seven
11-15-2005, 05:38 AM
I hear that Dan.. Kordells probably never steppin foot into Pittsburgh again imo.. Maybe we can just do a sit down to pick his brain without actually making him a part of the team... That way there's no risk for anyone.. Somebody buy him Mcdonalds or somethin!!