PDA

View Full Version : dale jr ends winless streak

tony hipchest
06-15-2008, 05:26 PM
and twice in victory lane he was sure to wish all the fans and fathers "happy fathers day". i didnt even realize the significance when he grabbed the checkers, and after hearing him, felt a little sad that he didnt have his dad there to celebrate his win.

i never liked sr as a competitor, but i sure appreciated the scene of him as an owner, and father, in victory lane with jr's 1st wins in the all-star race and texas in 2000.

and it sure is nice to see an average driver with a po-dunk hillbilly crewchief take all that superior hendrick equipment and beat his multi-talented teammates and their brainiac, "genius" (belichickian) crewcheifs.

but fret not wondertwin fans. im sure jr will start blowing up his equipment in no time. after all, his neck is too red and his spoon is to silver, to do anything else.

TackleMeBen
06-15-2008, 05:32 PM
man, it kills me to say but congrats... he played the fuel milage gamble and won.. but dont worry i am still putting my money on kyle busch to win the championship !!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

HometownGal
06-15-2008, 05:45 PM
and twice in victory lane he was sure to wish all the fans and fathers "happy fathers day". i didnt even realize the significance when he grabbed the checkers, and after hearing him, felt a little sad that he didnt have his dad there to celebrate his win.

i never liked sr as a competitor, but i sure appreciated the scene of him as an owner, and father, in victory lane with jr's 1st wins in the all-star race and texas in 2000.

and it sure is nice to see an average driver with a po-dunk hillbilly crewchief take all that superior hendrick equipment and beat his multi-talented teammates and their brainiac, "genius" (belichickian) crewcheifs.

but fret not wondertwin fans. im sure jr will start blowing up his equipment in no time. after all, his neck is too red and his spoon is to silver, to do anything else.

WOO HOO!!!!! Way to go JR.! :tt03::thumbsup:

Shit and Shinola didn't even finish Top 10. :laughing: :chuckle:

Jr. is 3rd in the standings and Jeff Burton is breathing down Shinola's neck. :thumbsup:

Elvis
06-15-2008, 06:40 PM
:applaudit::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::applaudit:

I love JR...
I was always a Dale Sr. fan and I know that Jr hasnt got a chance to be as good as his dad but I love the young man and he is heading in the right direction..

Steeler in Carolina
06-15-2008, 06:54 PM
I was really hoping to see Brian Vickers win the race.

revefsreleets
06-16-2008, 08:07 AM
Snide comments aside, he won on strategy, not skill or equipment. If Carpentier would have spun out, brought out a late yellow and Gordon had won the race, all the weirdo conspiracy buffs would be coming out of the woodwork this morning.

tony hipchest
06-16-2008, 05:04 PM
he won on strategy, not skill or equipment.eury jr. is as ' neck as 'neck gets.

even i had doubts whether he could match the technical wizardry of the northerners and westerners in the current hendrick stable.

his recent success as a crewchief should give all dullards hope, although im sure most will attribute the past 3 weeks to luck and past champions notes as opposed to actual thought out strategy. :rolleyes:

revefsreleets
06-16-2008, 05:49 PM
Dude stayed out, they knew they would almost certainly run out of gas but they rolled the dice, and got a late caution. Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you. Yesterday they ate the bear.

Besides, I'm not sure exactly what point you are trying to make. I said he's higher in the points because he has better equipment this year. He had a ton of DNF's last year and this year he doesn't. What is the dispute? And where does being a redneck come into play?