PDA

View Full Version : Something happening in the Bay?

Tankus_Maximus
06-16-2008, 08:49 PM
Consider it nostalgia, consider it morbid curiosity....but the Raiders could be making some waves in the NFL.

2nd year coach Lane Kiffin, 2nd year QB Jamarcus Russell, 1st round pick Darren McFadden, an explosive pickup in Javon Walker, a shut-down corner in DeAngelo Hall, not to mention the quiet addition of Edgerton Hartwell, and Emperor Palpatine (Al Davis) has the Raiders poised to make a comeback among the NFL's elite.

Or maybe I just finally did some homework on the "Black Hole" of the NFL, after bashing the living crap out of them amongst co-workers & friends, and I realized "heeeey....they suddenly got some impact players up there".

Or maybe I'm just drinkin the kool-aid that the rest of my peers have slipped me, after wearing the mantle of "Raider-Hater #1" around here.

But the question is: is it truly a "Commitment to Excellence?" or a "Commitment to excrement?"

stillers4me
06-16-2008, 09:15 PM
I think you hit the nail on the head.......with excrement!! :poop:

FOX5 Exclusive: NFL Player Found Unconscious
Oakland Raiders Player In Fair Condition

POSTED: 4:38 pm PDT June 16, 2008
UPDATED: 6:05 pm PDT June 16, 2008

LAS VEGAS -- NFL wide receiver Javon Walker was found unconscious on East Flamingo Road and Koval Lane Monday morning, Metro police said.

The Oakland Raiders player was taken to Sunrise Medical Centerís Trauma unit, where he was listed in fair condition late Monday afternoon, hospital officials said.

Police said Walker had an orbital fracture. They said they are not sure how he received the fracture.

According to the Las Vegas Review-Journal, Walker was seen Saturday night at Tryst at the Wynn spraying the crowd with some of the 15 bottles of Dom Perignon Rose champagne he ordered.

http://www.fox5vegas.com/news/16624503/detail.html?treets=vegas&tml=vegas_break&ts=T&tmi=vegas_break_1_07020306162008

Glace
06-17-2008, 01:51 AM
Any team can acquire great talent. The Raiders just don't seem to know what to do with it.....although I feel confident saying Al Davis is 90% of their overall problem.

Steelman16
06-17-2008, 03:58 AM
When Al Davis dies, the Raiders will win a championship. Until then, sit tight.

Galax Steeler
06-17-2008, 04:04 AM
I think al davis is there problam out there until he is gone like steelman said they aint going to do nothing.

revefsreleets
06-17-2008, 09:27 AM
All those weapons, and their offensive line is in a shambles...

millwalldavey
06-17-2008, 04:03 PM
I think there's just something right with the world when the Raiders are winning.

Preacher
06-17-2008, 06:39 PM
All those weapons, and their offensive line is in a shambles...

You know..

that line just seems to hit a little too close to home. :nervous:

Tankus_Maximus
06-17-2008, 10:32 PM
You know..

I was thinking the same thing padre...

lilyoder6
06-17-2008, 11:00 PM
i think they will win more games this yr and they are improving slowly.. and like u said they need to get a line

rbryan
06-17-2008, 11:06 PM
I think there's just something right with the world when the Raiders are winning.

Stillers Raiders for all the chips, still the best games I can remember. But don't go by me. I'm only old enough to pay attn since 1968....... Hands down the best rivalry.

"They were good, you know when you played them it was gonna be a dogfight, they were the closest to us"

Dwight White.... RIP

revefsreleets
06-18-2008, 10:53 AM
The difference is the Steelers line has some pedigree, and still carries over a few players from a Super Bowl year. The Raiders line is just bad, and pretty much has been. They really did nothing to address it, and they don't have any sleepers on the depth chart who are gonna surprise. They'll win a couple more games this year because they play good defense and they do have a lot of talent on that offense, but don't expect any miracles.

fansince'76
06-18-2008, 01:23 PM
You know..

With one HUGE caveat - Russell hasn't proven squat yet. Neither has McFadden, for that matter. DeAngelo Hall is overrated, IMO. However, one would think they'll be greatly improved though.

silver & black
06-18-2008, 10:04 PM
Stillers Raiders for all the chips, still the best games I can remember. But don't go by me. I'm only old enough to pay attn since 1968....... Hands down the best rivalry.

"They were good, you know when you played them it was gonna be a dogfight, they were the closest to us"

Dwight White.... RIP

Me too bro... been a Raider fan since '68. Hands down the best rivalry, and games ever played. :thumbsup:

silver & black
06-18-2008, 10:08 PM
The difference is the Steelers line has some pedigree, and still carries over a few players from a Super Bowl year. The Raiders line is just bad, and pretty much has been. They really did nothing to address it, and they don't have any sleepers on the depth chart who are gonna surprise. They'll win a couple more games this year because they play good defense and they do have a lot of talent on that offense, but don't expect any miracles.

I can't disagree with that. The Raiders' O line is bad... and that's being kind. Quite a few of us don't understand the lack of attention given to it in the off season. Kwame Harris at LT?........:banging:

silver & black
06-18-2008, 10:16 PM
With one HUGE caveat - Russell hasn't proven squat yet. Neither has McFadden, for that matter. DeAngelo Hall is overrated, IMO. However, one would think they'll be greatly improved though.

That's exactly what some of us have been saying on our board. I expect we will be improved, but some of these guys think we are playoff bound just because it looks great on paper.

I think 6-8 wins is probably what we're looking at. Anything over that is fantastic at this point. It will take another year or two... if things remain consistent with the coaching staff, to become contenders again. It will be an interesting year for sure.

MasterOfPuppets
06-19-2008, 12:23 PM
if i were a raider fan, and they pulled off an 8-8 season, i'd be freakin ecstatic !!!to me that would show the players are bying into the system, and there only a few players away from bein a serious contender. THEN reality would set in, and i'd exspect crazy Al to fire kiffin, and put us back to square 1. :sofunny:

silver & black
06-20-2008, 05:31 PM
if i were a raider fan, and they pulled off an 8-8 season, i'd be freakin ecstatic !!!to me that would show the players are bying into the system, and there only a few players away from bein a serious contender. THEN reality would set in, and i'd exspect crazy Al to fire kiffin, and put us back to square 1. :sofunny:

Sadly... that isn't a far fetched scenario. :shake01: