PDA

View Full Version : Chad getting surgery

steelymcmatt
06-17-2008, 07:34 PM
http://www.fox5vegas.com/news/16624503/detail.html?treets=vegas&tml=vegas_break&ts=T&tmi=vegas_break_1_07020306162008

Least now he'll have something else to cry about!

Preacher
06-17-2008, 07:50 PM
Huh??

TackleMeBen
06-17-2008, 07:51 PM
http://www.fox5vegas.com/news/16624503/detail.html?treets=vegas&tml=vegas_break&ts=T&tmi=vegas_break_1_07020306162008

Least now he'll have something else to cry about!
your link up there is about walker getting robbed.. not chad having surgery. here is the link about ocho cinco
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8255848/Report:-Bengals-star-to-have-ankle-surgery

Preacher
06-17-2008, 07:54 PM
Ahh...

Now that makes sense.

Something tells me that he went just a bit too far last year in his TD celbration... and it actually was the kiss of death.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/00FEbISc5H4ND/340x.jpg

Has anyone heard anything else from him since?

TackleMeBen
06-17-2008, 07:56 PM
Ahh...

Now that makes sense.

Something tells me that he went just a bit too far last year in his TD celbration... and it actually was the kiss of death.

:chuckle::chuckle:

SteelersMongol
06-17-2008, 08:14 PM
Brain surgery? :chuckle:

fansince'76
06-17-2008, 08:15 PM

Lobotomy - followed up by sewing his mouth shut. :chuckle:

The Duke
06-17-2008, 08:47 PM
Lobotomy - followed up by sewing his mouth shut. :chuckle:

how about some new teeth for the guy :thumbsup:

tony hipchest
06-17-2008, 09:00 PM
hes having a hysterectomy.

stillers4me
06-17-2008, 09:14 PM
Should've had the surgery months ago so he's be ready for training camp instead of running at the mouth. But Chad's not selfish or anything...........

missedgehead
06-17-2008, 10:02 PM
Chad selfish? YOu don't say? LOL

lilyoder6
06-17-2008, 10:08 PM
well now he doesn't have to show up 4 anymore camps or anything like that... can't wait til TC comes and what surgery he'll need then

Galax Steeler
06-18-2008, 02:48 AM
I think he needs a little cheese to go with that whine surgery are not we still own him and will continue to punish him as long as he is in the afc north.

steelymcmatt
06-18-2008, 05:54 AM
your link up there is about walker getting robbed.. not chad having surgery. here is the link about ocho cinco
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8255848/Report:-Bengals-star-to-have-ankle-surgery

Thanks TMB......not sure how I did that!

steelymcmatt
06-18-2008, 05:55 AM

assuming they can find a brain!

revefsreleets
06-18-2008, 09:55 AM
Anybody still think the Bungals will be challenging for the AFC North? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

Dino 6 Rings
06-18-2008, 11:28 AM
In 5 years, it'll be "chad who?"

Don't care for this fool, hope he saved some of his money cause his days of big contracts are over. Done, finished, fork in the guy he's DONE!!!

Rotorhead
06-18-2008, 12:12 PM
LOL no he is not done, as long as there are moron owners like Snyder, Al Davis etc that want to by a championship, he isnt done

OneForTheToe
06-18-2008, 12:28 PM
Maybe he is going to become Charlene Johnson? :noidea:I know that would make Tony Kornhieser happy. :drool:

CantStop85
06-18-2008, 02:35 PM
In 5 years, it'll be "chad who?"

Don't care for this fool, hope he saved some of his money cause his days of big contracts are over. Done, finished, fork in the guy he's DONE!!!

As much as I agree that Chad is a headcase, he is far from "done." He's led the NFL in receiving yards over the past 5 year span and is still in his athletic prime. He may have the mental IQ of a rock, but he's still a very good player.

TackleMeBen
06-18-2008, 02:39 PM
Maybe he is going to become Charlene Johnson? :noidea:I know that would make Tony Kornhieser happy. :drool:
i dont think that would knock kornhieser off his brady man crush he has... that is the only downside to the season starting.. you have to hear that idiot on monday nights. :banging:

HometownGal
06-18-2008, 04:16 PM
http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/images/nfl_commissioner_goodell_football.jpg http://www.deadspin.com/sports/upload/2006/07/belichickstud.jpg http://blacksportsonline.com/index/chad.jpg

=

http://www.escapade.co.uk/ProductImages/Category_442/lionTinmanScarecrow-c.jpg

Preacher
06-18-2008, 04:21 PM
As much as I agree that Chad is a headcase, he is far from "done." He's led the NFL in receiving yards over the past 5 year span and is still in his athletic prime. He may have the mental IQ of a rock, but he's still a very good player.

You know, if that is true... it is absolutely hilarious...

He all but disappears in the big games. Has scored what... 1 td on us in five years.

MACH1
06-18-2008, 04:45 PM
Is he going to see the great Oz to get a brain?

Jeremy
06-18-2008, 04:47 PM
i dont think that would knock kornhieser off his brady man crush he has... that is the only downside to the season starting.. you have to hear that idiot on monday nights. :banging:

The absolute stupidity of Kornheiser deserves it's own sticky thread.

Dino 6 Rings
06-18-2008, 04:55 PM
Kornheiser needs to recognize the fact that Drew Bledsoe is still the all time leader in Passing Yards for the Patriots.

Crushzilla
06-18-2008, 05:25 PM
Anyone think Chad purposely held off on getting surgery until now in case the Bengals forced him to report?

Perhaps he was mum about the surgery so that it wouldn't hurt his trade value?

Chad's trump card?

Nothing else has worked, so now he can use this to stay off the field and potentially avoid a fine for not reporting.

Win/Win for Chad... well... its not REALLY a win... He's still a moron...

TackleMeBen
06-18-2008, 05:45 PM
Anyone think Chad purposely held off on getting surgery until now in case the Bengals forced him to report?

Chad's trump card?

Nothing else has worked, so now he can use this to stay off the field and potentially avoid a fine for not reporting.

that is a very good theory... maybe he knew that he was hurt and didnt say anything, and then comes out with it..

Preacher
06-18-2008, 05:49 PM
that is a very good theory... maybe he knew that he was hurt and didnt say anything, and then comes out with it..

Furthermore, if he misses part of the year, or the whole year because of it, it doesn't count against him. It is still considered a year played under contract.

If he holds out, then he has to play another year under the contract.

Crushzilla
06-18-2008, 05:57 PM
Furthermore, if he misses part of the year, or the whole year because of it, it doesn't count against him. It is still considered a year played under contract.

We figured it out!

SOMEONE CALL MARVIN LEWIS!

Wait... Screw 'em...

TackleMeBen
06-18-2008, 05:57 PM

exactly.. evidently ocho cinco isnt as stupid as people may think..

btw,love the avy preacher:thumbsup:

stillers4me
06-18-2008, 07:25 PM
I guy at work roped me into making a bet (for a lunch) that Chad would catch a pass during the first game of the season (as a Bengal).

hmmmmmmm......what sounds good............?

TackleMeBen
06-18-2008, 07:42 PM
italian is always good:wink02:

HometownGal
06-18-2008, 07:48 PM
I guy at work roped me into making a bet (for a lunch) that Chad would catch a pass during the first game of the season (as a Bengal).

hmmmmmmm......what sounds good............?

5 star restaurant, stillers. :thumbsup: If a healthy McAlister is covering Ocho Crotcho, he has a better chance of losing another of his gold teef than he has of catching a pass. McAlister is a dirty douchebag, but he's a very good corner.

TackleMeBen
06-18-2008, 07:51 PM
while chad is getting his ankle operated on is he also going to have surgery to remove his foot from his mouth too???:chuckle::chuckle::sofunny:

CantStop85
06-18-2008, 10:03 PM

Chad's trump card?

Chad had the problem during the season last year and had to play with it. Then after the season, the Bengals suggested that he get surgery to clean it out, but Chad decided to forego it. I think at first he for some reason thought it would heal by itself or he could continue to just deal with it, but he finally realized that he couldn't.

Some have theorized that by the time he realized he needed the surgery, he was already in the midst of his trade requests and having surgery at that point might affect his trade value. Sounds like the most logical thing to me. Then again, it's Chad, so logic is out the window.

Either way, it should only take 2 or 3 weeks for him to recover, so he should be ready to go by training camp.

CantStop85
06-18-2008, 10:42 PM
You know, if that is true... it is absolutely hilarious...

He all but disappears in the big games. Has scored what... 1 td on us in five years.

True it is.
Receiving yards over the past 5 seasons:
Chad Johnson 6,870
Torry Holt 6,776
Reggie Wayne 5,923
Terrell Owens 5,600
Randy Moss 5,450
Marvin Harrison 5,144
Steve Smith 4,901
Hines Ward 4,849

Pittsburgh has always been a team Chad has relatively struggled against. In his career, he's averaged 69.8 yards per game with 2 total touchdowns against Pittsburgh, in comparison to Baltimore (77.9 ypg and 7 touchdowns) and Cleveland (75.2 ypg and 8 touchdowns).

Besides divisional foes, he's performed the best against Tennessee (85.0 ypg and 4 touchdowns), San Diego (98.8 ypg and 6 touchdowns), New Orleans (118.5 ypg), Indianapolis (99.3 ypg), Denver (92.0 ypg), and Carolina (93.5).

Again excluding divisional opponents, he's struggled the most against Tampa Bay (42.0 ypg), the New York Jets (71.3 ypg), New England (65.7 ypg), Kansas City (65.0 ypg), Jacksonville (63.3), Houston (65.7 ypg), and Buffalo (71.4 ypg).

OneForTheToe
06-19-2008, 12:08 AM
The absolute stupidity of Kornheiser deserves it's own sticky thread.

As horrible as Kornheiser is on MNF, I actually enjoy PTI (which I am listning to now). It is better to watch online as you can skip the parts that look like they will *uck like any Kornheiser "man slurrping."

Galax Steeler
06-19-2008, 03:36 AM
As much as I agree that Chad is a headcase He may have the mental IQ of a rock
I don't think his IQ is that good.:toofunny:

TackleMeBen
06-19-2008, 08:45 AM
As horrible as Kornheiser is on MNF, I actually enjoy PTI (which I am listning to now). It is better to watch online as you can skip the parts that look like they will *uck like any Kornheiser "man slurrping."
i love PTI too, but cant stand him on MNF

lilyoder6
06-19-2008, 09:42 AM
well they say chad should be rdy 4 TC in july after the surgery... i don't know y he didn't wait til TC to have the surgery so he didn't have to pratice

TackleMeBen
06-19-2008, 10:14 AM
bc this way he can go ahead and have the surgery and then moan thru TC about him not wanting to be there and can be traded...lol.. or he can use this as an excuse for not performing well at TC..lol

steelymcmatt
06-19-2008, 08:10 PM
I don't think his IQ is that good.:toofunny:

:iagree: as a rock, I'm very insulted!

stlrtruck
06-21-2008, 02:01 PM
Ahh...

Now that makes sense.

yes and it sounds like my 3 year old.

Boomerang
06-21-2008, 07:07 PM
Bungles needing this clown is like relying on the Pats to monitor the fair play charter.

The Duke
06-21-2008, 10:38 PM
yes and it sounds like my 3 year old.

thing is, your 3 year old is probably smarter :flap:

Preacher
06-21-2008, 11:57 PM
OK...

Giving credit where it is due...

With the background Chad come from... and even the team he is on now... to not get caught up in all the off-field drinking, drug, under-age girls, etc. etc.

I give him respect.

However, his 3 year old IQ sure does answer how he can not understand what a "RAFFLE" really is!!

:rofl:

stlrtruck
06-22-2008, 07:35 AM
thing is, your 3 year old is probably smarter :flap:

Well she can say, "Polamalu", wave her terrible towel and scream, "Here We Go Steelers.", and knows that when she turns 5 me and her are going on a daddy/daughter weekend every year to Da 'Burgh.

I'm pretty sure with some coaching I could get her to run a fade, curl, in, out, or any other route - I know she could probably block better than ocho stinko! :flap:

stillers4me
06-22-2008, 08:09 AM
Well she can say, "Polamalu", wave her terrible towel and scream, "Here We Go Steelers.", and knows that when she turns 5 me and her are going on a daddy/daughter weekend every year to Da 'Burgh.

I'm pretty sure with some coaching I could get her to run a fade, curl, in, out, or any other route - I know she could probably block better than ocho stinko! :flap:

I bet she can already sit on her duff after she drops the ball and let everybody else on the team worry about getting it back!

But can you teach her to fake a back injury?

stlrtruck
06-22-2008, 03:00 PM
I bet she can already sit on her duff after she drops the ball and let everybody else on the team worry about getting it back!

But can you teach her to fake a back injury?

Well she does play the "Woosie ME!" bit when things are going her way. Give me two weeks and I'll see what I can do...

WAIT A MINUTE, I don't want my daughter to be like ocho stinko! I want her to play through the pain to be STEELER TOUGH!!! :flap: