PDA

View Full Version : Troy`s hair!

clevestinks
11-14-2005, 09:06 AM
If Troy played for anyone else, would you be thinking " Cut your hair" :grin:

But since he plays for us, and he is the best safety in the league. We don`t need to see name on his back, we know who "43" is!:grin:

BB2W
11-14-2005, 10:29 AM
I like Troy's hair, but I know what you mean... when Mike McKenzie had that long hair for the Packers I thought it looked ridiculous. It is different with Troy, he looks cool and intimidating. I am wondering when the NFL will come down and make him cut it...

pitt
11-14-2005, 11:05 AM
I love the long hair.

clevestinks
11-14-2005, 11:14 AM
Its definitley fitting for him! I say keep it!

TasmanianTroy271
11-14-2005, 03:00 PM
The whole hair thing is Troy's gimmick. I love it. In fact, I plan on (continuing to) grow my hair and in a few years show up to a game with it dyed black. Maybe I can get on TV like that one guy who did Cowher :P

BlitzburghRockCity
11-14-2005, 03:56 PM
I dont think Troy will ever cut his hair..its his trademark, its part of his heritage, and yes it's definately fun to watch it flowing in the wind as he's running down the receiver or RB to make a big play.

Koopa
11-14-2005, 03:59 PM
I like Troy's hair, but I know what you mean... when Mike McKenzie had that long hair for the Packers I thought it looked ridiculous. It is different with Troy, he looks cool and intimidating. I am wondering when the NFL will come down and make him cut it...

if they made troy cut his hair, i'd seriously stop watching the nfl and pray every night that them fools that made him cut his hair get nut cancer

AvoidLLoyd95
11-14-2005, 04:32 PM
Samson cut his hair and lost all his strength. Never cut your hair Troy!

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-14-2005, 05:02 PM
Maybe troy will shave his head if we win the superbowl

24seven
11-15-2005, 04:33 AM
the announcer Sunday night said somethin like "I love how Troys hair flows in the wind it's so pretty" lol. (not those exact words) but it was funny hearing it come from another guy.. He just liked how it bounced while he was running .. made him feel all wet in his undercarriage....

clevestinks
11-15-2005, 02:45 PM
The Sampson losing his strength, thats funny

BlitzburghRockCity
11-15-2005, 03:01 PM
Maybe troy will shave his head if we win the superbowl

maybe not :rofl:

I.C. Lights
11-15-2005, 06:21 PM
You'd think his wife would be nagging him about it by now!

Suitanim
11-15-2005, 07:52 PM
If you need proof positive that his hair doesn't matter, I watched the game with my 85 year old grandfather who is a lifelong Browns fan and A) Hates all Steelers players, B) Hates all "Longhaired freaks". After the game, he said " That Samoan payer with the long hair can sure play football"

This is a guy who was alive when the NFL started...he saw ALL the great players, all the tough guys, and he complimented not only a player that he didn't approve of, but from the Steelers as well!

tony hipchest
11-15-2005, 08:12 PM
If you need proof positive that his hair doesn't matter, I watched the game with my 85 year old grandfather who is a lifelong Browns fan and A) Hates all Steelers players, B) Hates all "Longhaired freaks". After the game, he said " That Samoan payer with the long hair can sure play football"

This is a guy who was alive when the NFL started...he saw ALL the great players, all the tough guys, and he complimented not only a player that he didn't approve of, but from the Steelers as well!
hell yeah grandpa! all i can say to polamalu is:beerbang: :guitar: :jammin: keep on rockin!

Suitanim
11-15-2005, 08:17 PM
Yeah, gramps is pretty cool...he also can take the "long view" and realizes that every team has it's day. Hell, he was a young man with a new family back when the Browns and Indians were the dominant teams in their respective sports.

It's always cool to get the perspective of someone who's been around for a long, long time...

AvoidLLoyd95
11-15-2005, 08:20 PM
It's the hair that tells him where the ball is going to be.
Hair: "Psst, hey Troy. Dilfer is running towards the sideline, pummel him so he turns into a little puddle of whimpering flesh!"
Troy: " Pummel Dilfer, Pummel Dilfer!"
Hair: " Good Troy, Gooooood...."

SteelerFanInATL
11-17-2005, 10:23 PM
My wife thinks the hair is tacky. But she is from Detroit and grew up checking to see if the Loins lost on Thanksgiving Day. The hair is now a part of his identiy. "Troy if you cut it, just trim it up so that it is shorter."

pitt
11-18-2005, 01:04 AM
Long hair on men is great looking. I hope he lets it grow and grow and grow.

soniczilla
11-18-2005, 07:04 AM
As far as I know, his hair is a cultural thing. The only time he cut it was when it was required in college (or maybe high school).

I.C. Lights
11-18-2005, 11:24 AM
My wife thinks the hair is tacky. But she is from Detroit and grew up checking to see if the Loins lost on Thanksgiving Day. The hair is now a part of his identiy. "Troy if you cut it, just trim it up so that it is shorter."

:rofl:
I've had Thanksgiving in Detroit a couple times - even went to a Lions game (loss) once while I was there. I can see how it would make you negative , even about things like Troy's hair!

Its funny how the NFL is becoming obsessed with this. It's like built in PR for Troy - whatever works!

Avoid LLoyd1975
11-18-2005, 02:44 PM
I think it will be his trademark for years to come.

AvoidLLoyd95
11-18-2005, 04:28 PM
Hair: "Troy, you will pick off your old roomate and then return it for a touchdown. Before you score, run his ass over!"
Troy: "Pick Carson, punish him for it!"
Hair: "Good Troy, good.........."