PDA

View Full Version : Hall of Fame - who's in, who's out?

HughC
06-19-2008, 02:08 PM
In five years there will be several very worthy first time candidates for the NFL Hall of Fame. As I recall, the class is limited to five players per year - and these players will also have to compete with others who retired earlier. So which of these players gets in on the first ballot and which ones will have to wait?

Larry Allen (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AlleLa00.htm)
Brett Favre (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FavrBr00.htm)
Jonathan Ogden (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/O/OgdeJo00.htm)
Warren Sapp (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SappWa00.htm)
Junior Seau (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SeauJu00.htm)
Michael Strahan (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/StraMi02.htm)

The Duke
06-19-2008, 02:16 PM
Seau retired?

maybe add mcnair to the list

I'd say favre, strahan, sapp, ogden, allen

k7brown
06-19-2008, 02:16 PM
Wow... that is a pretty solid group right there. Tough call. I dont think any of those dont deserve to get in on the 1st Ballot.

But if I had to pick, I would say: Farve, Ogden, Allen, Strahan, and Sapp.

HughC
06-19-2008, 03:14 PM
Seau hasn't retired, but he had off season surgery to his rotator cuff and nobody seems to be interested in signing him. The last comment I saw about him was "I have a choice of surfing or a choice of playing." I would think that if times were interested they'd be bringing him in for a physical, and I would think if he really wanted to play he wouldn't be talking about surfing. Sure, he may end up playing but I'm guessing he's done.

RoethlisBURGHer
06-19-2008, 03:57 PM
Wow... that is a pretty solid group right there. Tough call. I dont think any of those dont deserve to get in on the 1st Ballot.

But if I had to pick, I would say: Farve, Ogden, Allen, Strahan, and Sapp.

How the hell can you say none of them deserve to go in first ballot?

Favre is FOR SURE a first ballot Hall of Famer. After him I'd say Seau.

The rest might have to wait a little but, but Favre and Seau are first ballot without a doubt.

millwalldavey
06-19-2008, 04:04 PM
I'd say Sapp would be odd man out here

lilyoder6
06-19-2008, 04:20 PM
Favre no doubt has the best chance to be a 1st time ballot hof.. he's done to much not be elected in the 1st time.. sapp might be a maybe. but he does have a ring

Newzfoxjr
06-19-2008, 07:03 PM
How the hell can you say none of them deserve to go in first ballot?

Favre is FOR SURE a first ballot Hall of Famer. After him I'd say Seau.

The rest might have to wait a little but, but Favre and Seau are first ballot without a doubt.

He said he's not sure if any of them DON'T deserve to get in on the first ballot. =O

Favre for sure, I'd like to see Strahan and Sapp get in at the same time too. But who knows.

millwalldavey
06-19-2008, 07:05 PM
I think to make a nicey-nicey story Favre and Strahan will go in together.

MDSteel15
06-19-2008, 08:11 PM
All on that list will go in 1st ballot except Seau, he's still active....

missedgehead
06-19-2008, 10:02 PM
I say all myself except Seau as he is still active. :)

SteelersMongol
06-19-2008, 10:10 PM
When r v gonna have the Bus into HOF? I mean, when is he gonna be a legit 2 enter?

MasterOfPuppets
06-19-2008, 10:32 PM
When r v gonna have the Bus into HOF? I mean, when is he gonna be a legit 2 enter?must be retired for 5 years ......2011 ?

revefsreleets
06-19-2008, 10:45 PM
All those guys are in. No question about it.

Galax Steeler
06-20-2008, 04:42 AM
I would have to say farve has the best chance this go around.

Dino 6 Rings
06-20-2008, 12:35 PM
I say Ogden and Favre are first ballot guys.

The others can wait. However, the NY media has a huge effect on the voting and I'd imagine a Giant will get in on the first ballot.

KeiselPower99
06-20-2008, 01:52 PM
Favre and Ogden are first ballot. After them is when the debates start. Personally Strahan shouldnt go in until after Kevin Greene gets in. Greene was more productive and more of a threat then Strahan.

Hammer Of The GODS
06-20-2008, 06:20 PM
Favre is 1st ballot for sure. As for the rest..... Larry Allen maybe. The rest will have to wait at least one year longer.

Personally I don't like the whole selection process. Think about it. Look how long it took those shlubs to vote in Art Monk! Conversly , they pulled the trigger to fast for Michael Irvin. I know Irvins play on the field gets him in, but c'mon this guy was and IS STILL a degenerate off the field! He should have had to sweat it out a while. I mean the guy was found in a hotel room full of drugs and wierd azz sex toys! Also, Peter King made the statement that there are too many Steelers in the HOF and there needs to be more representation by other teams. WTF is that?!! By his logic a player is penalized for playing on a successful franchise! What a fat turd!

Another member of that committee is Ed Douchette, and even though he writes for the PPG and is a Steeler "fan" he is still an arsehole!

GO BURGH!

HometownGal
06-20-2008, 06:55 PM
I'd have to say Favre, Ogden and Allen are shoe-ins. The others will definitely get into the Hall, but may have to wait a few years.

Sapp, I believe, will go in last out of that group. They'll have to pry the KFC out of his mouth so that he can look presentable at the induction ceremony. :chuckle:

GBMelBlount
06-20-2008, 07:36 PM
Also, Peter King made the statement that there are too many Steelers in the HOF and there needs to be more representation by other teams. WTF is that?!!

I'll take that compliment any day. .

I would also be surprised if Allen didn't go in right off.

Hammer Of The GODS
06-20-2008, 09:38 PM
I'll take that compliment any day. .

Agreed it's a compliment, but it leaves out some GREAT players from the very team that put most of those guys in there. Not to mention the guys from the next generation. Dirt Dawson jumps to mind. Woodson is a lock but I bet money Dawson is left twisting in the breeze for a while.

stlrtruck
06-21-2008, 03:03 PM
I'd have to go with Favre and Strahan, maybe Seau.

SteelersMongol
06-23-2008, 09:22 AM
must be retired for 5 years ......2011 ?

Then why does Farve qualify? :noidea:

Godfather
06-23-2008, 01:13 PM
The size of the class is between 4 and 7.

Brett is in for sure on the first ballot. I think Strahan is the other one who should definitely make it the first time.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
06-24-2008, 12:44 AM
farve