PDA

View Full Version : McNabb Not Happy, Making Noise in Philly

HughC
06-21-2008, 12:49 AM
Donovan McNabb Interview Adds Some Noise to a Quiet Offseason (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/30607-Donovan-McNabb-Interview-Adds-Some-Noise-to-a-Quiet-Offseason)

Donovan McNabb called into the local ESPN radio station this afternoon. In short, McNabb does not appear too happy with the current makeup of the team or his standing in the community.

Fans and coaches have been high on rookie wide receiver DeSean Jackson. Coaches have called him a natural and fans drool over his potential big play ability.

McNabb appears to have zero hope of Jackson making an impact this year. Donovan repeatedly stated that Eagles rookies don’t make plays and do not start. Would it have hurt to have thrown Jackson a compliment? I guess we shouldn’t expect many passes thrown in Jackson’s direction this year.

McNabb, who had screamed for the Eagles to bring in playmakers this offseason, noted the big name additions to the defensive unit. Does McNabb think Asante Samuel was a good signing? “We didn’t need to address the secondary.” I guess not.

Does Donovan feel as strongly as Reid with the current makeup of the Eagles' receivers? Donovan repeatedly mentioned his requests for playmakers to be brought in. It does not take a genius to figure out playmakers equal receivers.

Despite his dysfunctional relationship with Terrell Owens, Donovan would welcome Chad Johnson coming to the Eagles.

So much for building chemistry with your receivers during the offseason. Eli Manning begs for his receivers to be at camps to establish report. Donovan begs for any one but his current group of receivers.

Wonder why Eli has a ring and Donovan does not?

And no McNabb interview would be complete without a few minutes of Donovan whining about his poor treatment by fans. McNabb repeatedly mentioned how heavily scrutinized he is. McNabb even went as far as saying that nobody in the NFL over the past 10 years has been scrutinized as much as him.

When you are the quarterback of a high profile team in a high profile city, of course scrutiny will follow. Just look at the criticism that was thrown at Eli Manning prior to the Giants' Super Bowl run. Did Manning complain how unfairly he was being treated? No he did not.

[Events like today make it hard to fully stand behind McNabb. Yes, he is a great quarterback and without him recent Eagles' success would have been unattainable. But the "whoa is me" act makes you wonder if it is time to turn the page.

Preacher
06-21-2008, 01:21 AM
So much for building chemistry with your receivers during the offseason. Eli Manning begs for his receivers to be at camps to establish report. Donovan begs for any one but his current group of receivers.

And no McNabb interview would be complete without a few minutes of Donovan whining about his poor treatment by fans. McNabb repeatedly mentioned how heavily scrutinized he is. McNabb even went as far as saying that nobody in the NFL over the past 10 years has been scrutinized as much as him.

When you are the quarterback of a high profile team in a high profile city, of course scrutiny will follow. Just look at the criticism that was thrown at Eli Manning prior to the Giants' Super Bowl run. Did Manning complain how unfairly he was being treated? No he did not.

Absolutely hilarious

TackleMeBen
06-21-2008, 01:30 PM
i think that follows any qb in any city. they are the ones that under the microscope the most and take the most heat when things dont go right.

I have to agree, eli didnt complain when he was thrown under the bus in NY... you didnt hear ben complain when he was thrown under the bus for a bad decision he made that gave us a crappy season...maybe eli and ben are more mature than donavan??did i just say that..lol

steel striker
06-21-2008, 08:06 PM
Sounds like Mcnabb can't take being Qb in philly so, he blames all of his short coming on the media,the fans and the coaching staff what a guy! To me he has become a crybaby! Donavan you need to man up and, stop acting like a whinning little baby.

millwalldavey
06-21-2008, 08:32 PM
Philly has ruined many players. Say hello to another.

stlrtruck
06-22-2008, 07:39 AM

Obviously he's never played for the Steelers. We were spoiled by the likes of Bradshaw and not until Big Ben did fans curtail their hostilities towards the QB - but even now Ben is made known when the 75,000+ in the stands don't prove!

Galax Steeler
06-23-2008, 03:43 AM
If he don't like it then he should go elsewhere.

HometownGal
06-23-2008, 05:55 AM
Stop blubbering, eat your Chunky Soup and play football, Donovan. :crying01::crying01:

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/9476/baby5sy2.jpg

TackleMeBen
06-23-2008, 07:58 AM
Stop blubbering, eat your Chunky Soup and play football, Donovan. :crying01::crying01:

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/9476/baby5sy2.jpg
LMBO :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:.. that is great HTG :wink02:

SteelersMongol
06-23-2008, 08:20 AM
Yeah, I lost my respect for the guy a while ago when he tried to play racial-card, & kinda blamed discrimination for his unsuccessful career.

missedgehead
06-23-2008, 08:21 AM
That is awesome, HometownGal. :) Donovan McNabb, dude, I want to like you, but you just take one step forward and 5 steps back. LOL Eli Manning is one of the most scrutinized QBs in the league, if not THE MOST, and you do not see him whining. He is more scrutinized than the President. Eli takes it. Why can't Donovan? I think Donovan should quit his crying. What a big baby!!

Dino 6 Rings
06-23-2008, 09:34 AM
maybe they should bring back Freddit Mitchell and his "great hands"

McNabb needs traided. The Eagles fans won't mind so much as long as the Eagles stay competitive. I'd dump his sorry ungrateful butt this season and bring in some young talent on the offense. Chicago showed interest in McNabb, maybe they can still pull off that trade or something.

lilyoder6
06-23-2008, 01:00 PM
honestly he does need to stop whining.. they just can't bring in top wr's and when they tried to they were just beat out by another team.. they alrdy have a replacement 4 him and i think if he keeps complaining the switch could happen sooner rather than later

RoethlisBURGHer
06-23-2008, 03:12 PM
I supported McNabb through the TO debacle, but now he needs to STFU.

He hasn't played an entire 16-game season since 2005. His time is just about up in Philladelphia where the fans are ficle and will turn on you in a second. They booed Santa Clause, I have no doubts that they will let the boo's rain down hard on McNabb.

Who exactly did he want them to sign in free agency? How would they make a trade for Chad Johnson if Cinci won't trade him? What exactly did he want the Eagles to do?

Instead of bringing in a wideout, they may trade McNabb.

SteelCityMan786
06-23-2008, 03:53 PM
Sounds like Mcnabb can't take being Qb in philly so, he blames all of his short coming on the media,the fans and the coaching staff what a guy! To me he has become a crybaby! Donavan you need to man up and, stop acting like a whinning little baby.

I'd want to leave Philly as soon as possible if I were McNabb. He's playing in a city that's built for the regular season, not to win the Super Bowl. He's not getting any younger. It's time he steps aside and starts bringing up Kevin Kolb. He will NOT be able to make it any longer as the starter. I mean that's great he is coming off of surgery is good health, but if that happens again, he will be filing for retirement shortly after being diagnosed(or at least need to)

rbryan
06-23-2008, 05:14 PM
McNabb to Chicago makes sense for everyone. Philly needs to dump his salary and bad attitude....he's finished there. He could put 2 or 3 more good years together with a fresh start. Rex Grossman will finally be ready by then...lol

HometownGal
06-23-2008, 05:36 PM
Even Mama McNabb knows a real NFL QB when she sees one. :tt03::tt02: Oh woe is Donomoe. :crying01::crying01:

http://assets.espn.go.com/i/magazine/new/roethlisberger_mamamcnabb.jpg

RoethlisBURGHer
06-23-2008, 05:59 PM
Even Mama McNabb knows a real NFL QB when she sees one. :tt03::tt02: Oh woe is Donomoe. :crying01::crying01:

Haha, real QBs wear the number 7...noy the number 5!

TackleMeBen
06-23-2008, 06:34 PM

HTG, you are too much. that is too funny..the only thing missing from momma mcnabb is a bowl of soup :chuckle:

HometownGal
06-23-2008, 07:54 PM
HTG, you are too much. that is too funny..the only thing missing from momma mcnabb is a bowl of soup :chuckle:

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2005/01/21/sports/21mcnabb.1841.jpg

:toofunny::toofunny:

I think Wilma McNabb is adorable!

Glace
06-25-2008, 11:28 PM
The more he opens his mouth, the worse he makes it for himself....

How much longer till Philly just decides to cut it's losses....McNabb will probably injure one of his armpit hairs and sit on the bench for 6 weeks while it recouperates...all the while saying people aren't being fair to him because of his race and not understanding why people hate him...

Edman
06-26-2008, 10:56 AM
Way to open your mouth Mcnabb.

You're under strutiny because you're an insane choke artist and you haven't played a full season in years. Your time in Philly is running out and it's time to pack it up. Playing the race card won't help.

TackleMeBen
06-26-2008, 06:06 PM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2005/01/21/sports/21mcnabb.1841.jpg

:toofunny::toofunny:

I think Wilma McNabb is adorable!
there you go.. i just figured she would walk around with a bowl always in her hand:flap::flap:

ironcityslicker
06-28-2008, 01:05 AM
McNabb is a great choke artist is what he is. He even chokes better than slash did.